Parisian Employee Reviews

loved this company ...
Loss Prevention District Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2016
not open any more worked hard and played hard ...met a lot of good friends at Parisian sorry to see it close management worked by your side
Short-time Staff Forever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 4, 2015
Now called Carson's...
If you apply, make sure it's part-time or full-time, otherwise you'll rarely or more likely never be able to leave short-time status. Short-time means in 2 weeks you "may" get up to 18 hours. Mostly likely, during non-holiday season, you will only be scheduled anywhere between 4-8 hours a week. Perhaps great for a high school student, but if you're relying on this job for solid hours, look else where. Plus, with the at times poor management, this job can be trying although being a simple job.
Perks: You get a small pay raise every evaluation, 6mths-1yr, there are typically hours to be picked up, the job is quite easy, the co-workers can be fun, great employee discount.
Cons: Not given many hours, poor management (including store management), customers can make or break your day if you let them, you're forced to sell, sell sell! Bathrooms are hardly cleaned! Rare breaks, not able to move-up.
okay place to work.
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 22, 2015
This company made working there very hard because your raise depends on how much you sell for the company and that put a lot of pressure on everyone .
Pros
lunch
Cons
Hours sucked.
Company Closed
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
I only worked for them for a short period of time and all I can say is that it was definitely a learning experience. I was the hired to be in a training program which never really happen. I actually ended up running the entire men's floor. Which in the long run turned out great because I knew a lot about men's clothing for when I started at Brooks Brothers.
Learn alot
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 23, 2015
Something new everyday. Floor moves were a daily part of the job to keep things fresh and new for customers. Meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Monday through Friday work hours only, no weekends or nights
Cons
company bought out and downsized. Voice pay sternly
fun workplace
estee lauder coordiator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2014
Making sure your work place is clean and fully stocked,
Looking over email to see what you have to learn and go over the people who work with you.

problems to address with co-workers

The hardest is having to make your goal and not do it,
The enjoyable part is having a winning team
and make ever customer happy
Pros
incentives
Cons
not making our goal
sales in fashion jewelry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 26, 2014
was a decent job while in between careers. sold jewelry and set goals. management was always changing.
coworkers were always changing.
not enough variety for me.
enjoyed doing displays.
great oppurtunities
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 8, 2014
typical day at work constantly removing clothes out the fitting rooms
Pros
experience
Cons
hourly rate
Belk, Sales Associate - Atlanta (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 9, 2014
Great place to work with good benefits. The hours can vary greatly and sometimes working full time only offers up to 32 hours per week.
Pros
great environment
Cons
poor schedules and hours
I enjoyed working there
Systems operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2014
I worked in logistic I systematized manual operation to accurately distribute incoming product.
Pros
I learned a lot about incoming product and how to distribute
Cons
always more money.
College Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 22, 2013
Belk was a job that I held throughout the last years of my college and it allowed me to become better dressed for success. Within my time at Belk I was allowed to be one of the lead's for bringing a new clothing line to the Huntsville area. Belk has been one of the jobs that helped to develop my customer skills.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
odd hours, worked through holidays, Black Friday and Day after Christmas
Neat and clean store, organized environment, fair managment
Women's Shoes Cashier/ Shoe Recovery (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of working on the cash register which I enjoyed the most, because of the interaction with customers. I learned how to deal with a greater amount of pressure to be efficient due to being hired during the holiday season. I had great co-workers who all work great as a team. The hardest part of being at this job was trying to satisfy each and every customer who ,say have been disappointed when a certain product they wanted was not in-store.
This company provides u great benefit
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2013
Typical day at work greet all customers. Assist customers in a friendly and courteous manner. Assists at POS and customer service as needed. Handled customers returns and exchanges. This company provides great benefits to their employees. Cross trained as a manager in training for several months. Opened new Parisian charge accounts in accordance to company standard.
I learned a lot working at Parisian.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 19, 2013
The most enjoyable part of working at Parisian was meeting with customers. Many of them became lifelong friends. Parisian is no longer in business.
Great Place to Work
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 10, 2013
Wonderful place to work, customer oriented, great sales leadership program.
Pros
Fun, inviting, driven sales
Cons
Weekends and Holidays
Excellent place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 1, 2013
I arrived at work every day to find that the other associate had called off from work. The other co workers were part time but very nice the hardest part of the job was meeting the sales terms for the month. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers.
Pros
MEETING PEOPLE
Cons
SALES EXPECTATIONS
I loved working there. The work and my co-workers were great.
Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 18, 2013
It was a great job with great people and good pay. I'm still friends with a lot of my former co-workers today. I hated having to leave, but a better paying job opportunity came along, and I just couldn't turn it down.
Pros
great job, great people.
Very fun place for ladies.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 14, 2013
If a women needs to go to a store i would recommend Parisian because you will find everything that you need for a women. Clothes perfume make-up shoes body lotions and more. this store is located in laurel park mall in livonia mi.It is rated top ten Parisian out of the 500 plus stores. This store also has a men section just about everything you need for men. I believe that store not only has a lot of merchandise, but it has top rated quality of merchandise.
Pros
has just about everything you need
Cons
busy
Enjoyed my job
Sales Manager-Estee Lauder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 22, 2012
Successfully managed seven sales associated while also achieving my personal sales goals. Also prepared books and attended monthly meetings for one million dollar inventory.
Pros
worked with great group of people in a positive environment
Cons
retail hours, pay ok.
Perfect workplace
Saleperson (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 28, 2012
Working in the mall is a very hectic job but working here was very relaxed environment. the layout of the store was perfect and we had loyal patrons. Working for this company helped me gain experience in upselling certain items and how to cater to and obtain cliente. My managers were super sweet and flexible. The hardest part of this job was leaving it . I love the ppl i worked with.
Pros
access to the mall and discounts
Cons
the cost of some of the merchandise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parisian. Our community is ready to answer.