Park Dental Employee Reviews

fun place
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Great company, great benefits. Only downside you worked when your doctor worked. His/her schedule became yours so a bit hard to go on vacation that did not co inside with theirs.
Pros
daily meetings, great communication
Cons
schedule
It's a great place to work.
Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 2, 2016
I started this job, not knowing anything about the dental field. I went through a lot of training and I caught on in a hurry. My day consists of checking in/out patients, helping them with their insurance, answering phones, working on claims that aren't being paid by insurance. I was in charge of making work schedules for the office of 25 employees and making sure all the doctors schedules were loaded for the next year and they were accordingly to what their vacation schedules were. I made sure someone was able to fill a co-workers shift when they called in sick or they were on vacation. I would put together work outings so we can get together as a group outside of work and go and have fun. I love all my coworkers that I have worked with with in the past here and the present. I have a lot of patients that I know, personally, so when they come in the office, we chat about their families and other stuff instead of dental. I try to make it a pleasant place that people want to visit instead of fearing it. This job has been the most rewarding to me because I didn't know anything about dental, and I have totally conquered this, so I know I can do any job with the right training.
Pros
Good benefits
The CEO wants the best for everyone.
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNApril 30, 2016
Duplicitous. Be ready to leave the new knives in your back. The "locals, " notice when you take them out. And you should run.
Pros
The hygienists are some of the most amazing people that I've ever known.
Cons
Manipulation is a certainty.
Good Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMarch 20, 2016
Park Dental recognizes talent and provides advancement opportunities. There is a good work/life balance and competitive wages and benefits.
Love helping people!
Scheduling Manager I (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNDecember 22, 2015
The best part of my job is helping patients with their problems. Whether it's a scheduling conflict or toothache. The clinical team always helps make my job easier by accommodating the patients with longer schedules. Everyone that works there is a genuinely nice and good person.
Pros
Free dental!
Cons
Advancement feels limiting.
Park Dental
Continuing Care (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNSeptember 24, 2015
The job was fun and easy to learn, I caught on quick to the work flow.
My team members made the job fun and it was a great atmosphere.
Great work environment with great people
Licensed Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 20, 2015
As a dental assistant working at park dental I was able to utilize many of the expanded functions that I learned in school. The doctors have high expectations and enforce constant productivity. Not much down time. The office is up to date with all technology including digital x-rays as well electronic records. Park dental has many opportunities for continuing education credits. Over all the office was great but the compensation was not competitive.
Pros
Work atmosphere, latest technology; digital x-rays and electronic records
Cons
Compensation
DENTAL HYGIENE MENTOR/HYGIENE SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Lake ElmoJanuary 24, 2015
Scheduling of appointments - outbound calling
Good management
Was a mentor for new employees and enjoyed that
Flexible hours when going to school
Had a base amount of calls to complete and the best part of the job was challenging myself to exceed the expectations
Pros
Time went fast and it was a great college job
Cons
nothing
Vibrant Fun yet Proffesional Office!
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNAugust 5, 2014
assisting in all chairside procedures, especially oral and endodontic most of the time. Meet for morning huddle, get patients charts ready for review with patients, tray set up, room patients, check blood pressure, place topical, suction, get dentist, start procedure, give patients any after care instructions if they had a root canal or extraction.

Enjoyed working with my dentist and he was very knowledgable, and helpful. Coworkers were easy to talk to too , and very approaching if you needed anything.
Pros
Staff was very approachable, understanding, and great!
Cons
practice is a little far away
Desperate Dental "Practice".
Office (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis,MNFebruary 22, 2014
Do yourself a favor and don't even apply at this outdated dental office. The will lie and make the job seem better than is really is, but they also lie to their patients. I had a hunch there were problems when I read the pages of BBB complaints. Now I know why they have so many.
They will charge patients an estimate and then when they find out it is an over charge they send back the over payment months later, no interest.
They don't even offer their employees dental insurance! Yea, you can have dental work done at Park Dental, the same work that so many patients complain about! I would not let them touch my teeth.
Pros
Can't think of any!
Cons
The "practice"
Fun enviroment
Scheduling Manager/Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 1, 2012
Receiving phone calls from patients and scheduling in the doctor or hygiene schedules according to need. Upkeep of schedules and reports. Worked on open claims and with insurances to insure the best service for our patients.
During the 6 1/2 years with Park Dental, I learned how to run some of the office needs as far as staffing calendars, supply ordering, leading some of the staff meetings and putting together any documentation that was needed. I was appointed to Location Manager in 2011 as I was the person for staff and doctors to contact for any needs. I was in charge of keeping the schedules staffed.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication from the doctor I worked for and the hygienists on her team.
What I enjoyed most was the patient contact face to face or on the phone and making their visit a relaxing one.
Pros
great fish tank in front office, free lunches for meetings, caring manager, nice drive to work!
Cons
lack of communication from the team, old building that was not kept up properly and not up to date technology or computer system
Outdated
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 30, 2012
Still using radiographs and oven for sterlization. Also, Pedo Saturdays are ridiculous. Too much expectation in a short amount of time.
Pros
free lunch during meetings
Cons
too much things for short amount of time, outdated