Park Hill School District Employee Reviews in United States

Great school district
Substitute Teacher K-5 (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2016
Great experience dealing with the kids, even when they smile or cry! All the employees who work in the school district are always so polite..
food service worker
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2015
I did cooking, baking, cleaning maintaining a clean and safe working environment, deliveries, food venders, running a register, maintaining a food handler's license, customer service
Pros
Loved this job
Cons
budget cuts
challenging environment
Subsitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2015
Teachers generally gave good lesson plans for me as a sub. The school district has the interest of the substitues at heart
Pros
flexible time
Cons
Last minute plans
love this job work at the time having teenagers in the home
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  MOSeptember 9, 2014
prepare food for students meals on wheels program worked all different departments varied of jobs
Pros
health insurance
Cons
breaks
Awesome District to work for
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2013
Love this district, all-around great environment. Staff and helpful and kids are just plane awesome. Subbing is my second job, but the money is a nice and easy bonus every other week.
Fun place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 28, 2013
Food service is a very fast paced position. You have to be time effective. The children brighten your day everyday.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management sucks
Great Place to do business with
Site Manager (2008) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MoJuly 11, 2013
Worked there off and on. Very good with flexability, and quite smart owner.
Fun work environment, People that work there are great
Teacher Associate for Adventure Club (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2013
Good job and kids are great. Management is pretty decent. Never really complained a day at work the only flaw they have is when it snows.
Places high value on quality education,and public relations.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 7, 2012
I enjoy working in the Parkhill School district.I feel like a valued member of a complete team.I am considering returning to my home state to be near my family.I enjoy my work and take pride in a job well done.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
high deductables and co pays for dr. visits
Enjoyed working for this district,gained a lot of experience.
Substitute Teacher, LT 500,504 and Manifestation (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2012
I was a substitute for this district. I subbed for mostly Behavior disorder teachers. I taught a year of Manifestation Hearing, 500, and 504, students at Hawley Hall. I had a closet to work in at first then recieved more students and was moved to the library. Had students organize and develop the library for Hawley Hall as a project. I taught at( Park Hill Barry High School) and (Ozanam in Liberty) and the middle schools behavior disorder classes whenever needed. I was known for being able to handle behaviors.
Pros
very rewarding work. i was able to help a lot of children to be successful.
Cons
not hired full time, because of reputation as a good sub, not enough pay

Want to know more about Park Hill School District?

Ask a question
Fun workplace at times
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MoSeptember 14, 2012
We watch school age kids before and after school normally 6:30am to 8:30am and 3pm to 6pm. We come up with daily lesson plans and other fun activities for them to do which include but are not limited to arts/crafts, cooking projects, outside/gym, math/science, ect. Personally as a mother I learn new ways of handling different situations everyday as well as applying what I already know. The best part of the job is getting to know and spend time with all the kids. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that they don't require any management skills other than 60 college credit hrs in any subject, not even a degree. That makes it hard to work under someone who doesn't know how to manage others but you have to start somewhere. Year to year we never know who our co-workers are going to be because they move us at will to different schools every year but we generally have a good time.
Pros
working with the kids, high pay, and full time summers.
Cons
split shifts, part time, require no management skills, no advancement, no say in where we work

4.5