Park Hill School District

Park Hill School District Employee Reviews

Awesome District to work for
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2013
Love this district, all-around great environment. Staff and helpful and kids are just plane awesome. Subbing is my second job, but the money is a nice and easy bonus every other week.
Fun place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management sucks
Food service is a very fast paced position. You have to be time effective. The children brighten your day everyday.
Great Place to do business with
Site Manager (2008) (Former Employee), Kansas City, MoJuly 11, 2013
Worked there off and on. Very good with flexability, and quite smart owner.
Fun work environment, People that work there are great
Teacher Associate for Adventure Club (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2013
Good job and kids are great. Management is pretty decent. Never really complained a day at work the only flaw they have is when it snows.
Places high value on quality education,and public relations.
Custodian (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 7, 2012
Pros: great pay and benefits.
Cons: high deductables and co pays for dr. visits
I enjoy working in the Parkhill School district.I feel like a valued member of a complete team.I am considering returning to my home state to be near my family.I enjoy my work and take pride in a job well done.
Enjoyed working for this district,gained a lot of experience.
Substitute Teacher, LT 500,504 and Manifestation (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: very rewarding work. i was able to help a lot of children to be successful.
Cons: not hired full time, because of reputation as a good sub, not enough pay
I was a substitute for this district. I subbed for mostly Behavior disorder teachers. I taught a year of Manifestation Hearing, 500, and 504, students at Hawley Hall. I had a closet to work in at first then recieved more students and was moved to the library. Had students organize and develop the library for Hawley Hall as a project. I taught at( Park Hill Barry High School) and (Ozanam in Liberty) and the middle schools behavior disorder classes whenever needed. I was known for being able to handle behaviors.
Fun workplace at times
Associate Teacher (Current Employee), Kansas City, MoSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: working with the kids, high pay, and full time summers.
Cons: split shifts, part time, require no management skills, no advancement, no say in where we work
We watch school age kids before and after school normally 6:30am to 8:30am and 3pm to 6pm. We come up with daily lesson plans and other fun activities for them to do which include but are not limited to arts/crafts, cooking projects, outside/gym, math/science, ect. Personally as a mother I learn new ways of handling different situations everyday as well as applying what I already know. The best part of the job is getting to know and spend time with all the kids. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that they don't require any management skills other than 60 college credit hrs in any subject, not even a degree. That makes it hard to work under someone who doesn't know how to manage others but you have to start somewhere. Year to year we never know who our co-workers are going to be because they move us at will to different schools every year but we generally have a good time.