Park Hill School District Employee Reviews

Park Hill has been a good place to work, but does not offer much in the way of advancement.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Park Hill School District. Over the past few years, I have tried to pursue other positions within this district, but I have had no luck in that area. My coworkers have been good to work with and very supportive in my area. A typical day as a teacher assistant in a special education classroom is demanding, unpredictable and very rewarding. I have learned a lot about problem solving, conflict resolution and customer service. My immediate supervisor has been wonderful to work for and a big part of my success.
Quick paced, interactive, hands on work place
A.V.I.D. TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 7, 2017
The work days are quick paced. The hardest part of the job is communicating clearly between the students and the teachers of what is expected.
Pros
Good pay, work Mon.-Thurs., get snow days off
Cons
no work over summer break, winter break, and spring break
Park Hill Recess and Cafeteria Supervisor
School year Lunchroom and Recess Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 11, 2016
I currently work M-F for a 3 hour shift as a Recess and Cafeteria Supervisor for the Park Hill School District. Duties include supervising and monitoring all areas of recess and cafeteria (rotating shift) to ensure student safety and school policy is being maintained. Communicate daily with supervisor and other school staff on issues surrounding students.
Pros
mid day schedule, cohesive coworkers, Interacting with students
Cons
Low pay for multi-weather conditions
Starter Position
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2017
This was a role I worked during college. I enjoyed working with the kids, creating lesson plans, and gaining communication skills.

There was not room for growth here, but that was okay, as it was just to get through college.
Low pay for highly-qualified substitute teachers
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  High schoolsAugust 22, 2016
I worked as a high school substitute teacher at this school district. The district appears to employ many coaches and extracurricular sponsors who teach at the high school level. Secretaries who greeted me in the early mornings were very professional and helpful as well as the security personnel. Rarely did I see an administrator. Hardest part of the job was handling the unexpected and the most enjoyable was interacting with the students. We were required to attend UNPAID technology training. Low pay considering that many substitutes are licensed and hold advanced degrees.
Pros
Flexible position
Cons
Low pay
Good District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2016
Great district.

Good students, good teachers, good administration.

The hardest part of the job is disrespect from students, but it comes with the territory. As a educator it can be frustrating to be disrespected when you have your degree.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Low Pay
Great place to work friendly people
kitchen aide (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2016
I really enjoyed the hours, the pay, my co-workers. I learned a lot working for the school district. very fast paced job. Great learning experience. The hours were perfect, the benefits were good. Loved working with kids and watching them grow from year to year
Pros
money, hours, people
Cons
budget cuts
Childcare before and after school and assistant to program lead
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2016
I loved working with kids and loved that this job was very flexible and fun. My coworkers were great. The management was great. I really enjoyed going to work everyday
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
not much room for advancment
Excellent school district
Summer School 2 nd Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 16, 2016
This school district is the best in the area! The teachers and administration work hard to help students advance academically. There are many extracurricular options, including clubs and sports. The environment is safe and always clean
Great school district
Substitute Teacher K-5 (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2016
Great experience dealing with the kids, even when they smile or cry! All the employees who work in the school district are always so polite..
food service worker
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2015
I did cooking, baking, cleaning maintaining a clean and safe working environment, deliveries, food venders, running a register, maintaining a food handler's license, customer service
Pros
Loved this job
Cons
budget cuts
Enjoyed working for this district,gained a lot of experience.
Substitute Teacher, LT 500,504 and Manifestation (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2012
I was a substitute for this district. I subbed for mostly Behavior disorder teachers. I taught a year of Manifestation Hearing, 500, and 504, students at Hawley Hall. I had a closet to work in at first then recieved more students and was moved to the library. Had students organize and develop the library for Hawley Hall as a project. I taught at( Park Hill Barry High School) and (Ozanam in Liberty) and the middle schools behavior disorder classes whenever needed. I was known for being able to handle behaviors.
Pros
very rewarding work. i was able to help a lot of children to be successful.
Cons
not hired full time, because of reputation as a good sub, not enough pay
Places high value on quality education,and public relations.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 7, 2012
I enjoy working in the Parkhill School district.I feel like a valued member of a complete team.I am considering returning to my home state to be near my family.I enjoy my work and take pride in a job well done.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
high deductables and co pays for dr. visits
Fun workplace at times
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MoSeptember 14, 2012
We watch school age kids before and after school normally 6:30am to 8:30am and 3pm to 6pm. We come up with daily lesson plans and other fun activities for them to do which include but are not limited to arts/crafts, cooking projects, outside/gym, math/science, ect. Personally as a mother I learn new ways of handling different situations everyday as well as applying what I already know. The best part of the job is getting to know and spend time with all the kids. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that they don't require any management skills other than 60 college credit hrs in any subject, not even a degree. That makes it hard to work under someone who doesn't know how to manage others but you have to start somewhere. Year to year we never know who our co-workers are going to be because they move us at will to different schools every year but we generally have a good time.
Pros
working with the kids, high pay, and full time summers.
Cons
split shifts, part time, require no management skills, no advancement, no say in where we work
challenging environment
Subsitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2015
Teachers generally gave good lesson plans for me as a sub. The school district has the interest of the substitues at heart
Pros
flexible time
Cons
Last minute plans
Awesome District to work for
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2013
Love this district, all-around great environment. Staff and helpful and kids are just plane awesome. Subbing is my second job, but the money is a nice and easy bonus every other week.
Fun work environment, People that work there are great
Teacher Associate for Adventure Club (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2013
Good job and kids are great. Management is pretty decent. Never really complained a day at work the only flaw they have is when it snows.
love this job work at the time having teenagers in the home
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  MOSeptember 9, 2014
prepare food for students meals on wheels program worked all different departments varied of jobs
Pros
health insurance
Cons
breaks
Fun place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 28, 2013
Food service is a very fast paced position. You have to be time effective. The children brighten your day everyday.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management sucks
Great Place to do business with
Site Manager (2008) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MoJuly 11, 2013
Worked there off and on. Very good with flexability, and quite smart owner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Park Hill School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4