Park Inn by Radisson Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
the worst place I have ever worked
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  London HeathrowSeptember 28, 2017
The worst place I have ever worked, start with problem because lack of communication by different department, you don't learn anything, no respect for your job, very very very poor management, cheapest place for everything.
Es un ambiente cordial
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 13, 2017
Cumplir metas de trabajo, afianzadas en mi responsabilidad con el mismo, satisfacer al cliente en sus necesidades
renovated
Employee (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 8, 2017
HALFWAY RENOVATED PROPERTY. old building. minimal staff. free meals at every shift. departmental incentives including free days off. tight knit staff
management is horrible
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 3, 2017
the work enviornment is very dirty and is ran under bad management is very rare to get promoted the supervisors will treat you badly if they do not like you
Good hotel, nice staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 15, 2017
I like working at the Park inn because of the amazing staff. It's a great place to stay if you are visiting Toledo for the weekend. Over all the hotel is friendly and welcoming to anyone that walks through the doors.
Pros
Free lunches, union job, benefits
Cons
Dead shifts
Very Unstable Work Enviroment
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Indiana County, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Management always changing. Never a clear line of communication from top to bottom. Ownership is not dependable as the never pay their bills to vendors.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive and fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed the time I worked at Park Inn by Radisson. everyday was busy but, not too overwhelming. I learned a lot of new skills such as being able to act and dress in a professional manner, as well as speaking to clients with great detail about their events.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
working during break
It's a fun workplace and productive
Laundry/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 20, 2016
It's a good place to work but when you don't have the people they expect a lot out of you. We all work together. I really like my job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough money for what I Do.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toled, OHJune 27, 2016
Like any company theirs room to grow!
Rooms Divison Manager always works with you as long as you do not wait until the last minute for request.
The team is like any other team. We have our challenges some days; it can be bumpy and others are smooth.
Hardest part of the job is really nothing, sometimes stressful when really busy but thats about it.
I enjoy making our guest stay enjoyable while here at the Park Inn.
Cons
Pay
Old place, poor management
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PA 15701May 31, 2016
Employees were nice to work with but management is terrible, employees not treated fair. Housekeepers/$7.50 an hour and mostly getting 20 to 25 rooms per day to complete. GM is very difficult to work with, sometimes no respect, shows no dignity to others. To much drama goes on. Always have problems with bedbugs and termites.
Pros
working with good people on my side of work
Cons
just terrible
Night Auditor
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 25, 2016
Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles
information for the hotel's financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front
office operating statistics.
Gained experience
Reservations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 4, 2016
I gained lots of experience with this job. Although there were many challenges I was able to make it through with a smile in my face. When I first started the hotel went through some changes within the first two weeks were many people including me were let go. I managed to prove that I was capable of doing my job and increased the numbers of reservations.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Different departments to be able to complete 40 hours
A Promising business that lost its way
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  1241 West MockingbirdSeptember 1, 2015
My typical day at Park Inn consisted of walking in with a smile and leaving stressed out. This business lacked communication skills and we always experienced mechanical issues with the shuttles. Customers complained all the time. But yet I continued to smile and provide great customer service
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
no benefits, no breaks short staff
It's a new business. Currently being renovated. Will be amazing once done.
Room Attendant/Room Inspector (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 9, 2015
Haven't worked for this specific company long, but I like the management so far. Respectful to employees. Mostly reasonable work load. Friendly environment.
Park Inn by Radisson is my favorite employment thus far; however, the department I worked in advancement is not available.
Bar tender (Former Employee) –  West Middlesex, PAOctober 26, 2013
The bar staff at the Radisson was small so that allowed for a tight knit group of employees and co-workers. I was the employee that wore many hats. Depending on what was scheduled for private parties/events determined if I would be bar tending, cock tail serving or banquet bar tending. I worked only weekends due to my schedule at school. Friday nights we had a dj, Saturday we would typically have an event(s) as well in the lounge we would have a band. A lot of Saturdays I would bar tend an event and then go over to cocktail serve in the lounge. Sundays were slow so that is the day when you would deep clean the bar. Throughout the five and half years that I was employeed at the Radisson I learned a lot about myself both professionaly and personally. If it was not for the lack in advancement opportunities I would still be working with Carlson Hotels.
Pros
professional, fun, co workers, guests, systems they used
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun and working environment to all employees.
Lead Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 26, 2013
You come to work with a positive attitude. Work is work, however, the employees that you are surrounded with make work pleasurable and enjoyable for the well being. While working for this company, I've learned the ins and outs of the hospitality world. Certainly dealing with a variety of clients from all across the world, my communication skills are definitely put to the test with guest not all being capable of speaking English. Guest services is applied through communication difficulties and we as a unit get tasks done efficiently and to the best of our capabilities. Management is great as they treat all employees as equal with great respect and professionalism.
fun place to work, lacks structure and management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2013
They employees are friendly and easy to work with, There is no real manager on site and no training program. It is a very trial and error training process, with little to no direction. High staff turnover.
Pros
free meal, work around your schedule
Cons
no training or structure