Park National Bank Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you are not very passionate for advancement
Full-time analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 7, 2017
The bank is a great medium sized bank; it has everything that you want from a bank. Management is excellent; benefits are competitive; and it treats employees like families. Great place to retire from.

Many community events. You may have a lot of chances to talk to the CEO.

However it is community-based; if you want to do something big, you need a bigger bank to work for.
Pros
Benefits. Managements. Slower-paced environment. Work-life balance. Fair pay. Job secure.
Cons
Advancements. Location (Newark is not a good place to live, most people live at Columbus, and that's a 40ish minute commute)
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, OHOctober 3, 2017
Great place to work and be able to work your way up. Friendly co-workers. You have a set schedule. You have the ability to work at different offices for more hours of you wanted too .
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Slow paced
Great bank pay not so good
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHAugust 9, 2017
I was a teller and the pay is not very good for the amount of work that is expected. The job is really a personal banker and not just a teller. The compensation for the level of knowledge and work is not accurate.
Local Bank
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 5, 2017
Park National Bank is a great place to work. It gives you the opportunity to advance and move throughout the business and different areas of the bank. There is always room for advancement.
Great place for internship
Banking Security Administration Intern (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 23, 2017
Park National is a very accepting and nurturing work environment with tons of learning opportunities. My experience here was great and if you have the chance to work here you would be remiss to not take it.
Community Focused
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, OhioMay 7, 2017
Park National Bank is a community bank that participates in the communities they serve. They have a strong focus on providing a positive work environment and treat employees like family.
Pros
Community focused
Cons
Low employee advancement/compensation opportunties
A very positive and productive place to work. Customer service training was ongoing and customers were the top priority.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 2, 2017
This was always a positive environment to work in, and training was always up to date, with customer service as our main focus. People were well treated, and we had a lot of fun as well as a comfortable place to work, with up to date equipment, and friendly and caring supervision. The work was forty hours a week, with regular paid vacations and holidays. I worked for this company for twenty three years, and would have probably still worked there, but family circumstances brought me to the North Canton area in 2007, so I took early retirement at that time from Park National Bank.
Productive - Good place to start a career
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 25, 2017
PNB is a good place to get your career started. They offer a pension plan along with good health benefits and much more. My job as a complaince specialist is very laid back and allows you to work at your own pace and on your own unless you have questions. Very good workplace culture and my department has been very welcoming and helpful when it came to adjusting. I have learned a lot regarding mortgage regulations along with consumer loans. A lot of valuable information that you can transfer on to future jobs and good knowledge.
Pros
Valuable knowledge
Cons
Lower paying
Kitchen
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 15, 2017
Fast paced environment. Great family atmosphere, good culture. Excellent standards and cleanliness. Great Managers and staff.
Pay too low for what you have to deal with.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHSeptember 12, 2016
The management is horrible. There is a lot of micro managing and favoritism in multiple departments. The pay is not enough to be able to just suck it up and deal with it. Nobody listens and procedures change without anything being said.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Management, pay
Fun workplace
Intern - Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2016
Laid back company. They are a very good stepping stone company that is based solely in Ohio. Very involved and encourage constant improvement within all departments.
Stressful, overworked and underpaid
Data Entry, Created Reports (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 8, 2016
This is not a good place to work. In two and a half years I only received a 22 cent raise. Out of 11 people when I worked in my department, there were only 3 original people left within 2 months after I left.
Great company, great job
Branch Representative (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 19, 2016
This company not only gives back to the community, but treats its customers like family. Very proud to have been an employee of this organization.
Pros
great benefits
awesome people
Employee (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 6, 2016
Park National Bank is a great place to work for which is evidenced by the happy workers. The only negative is the pay could be more competitive. Good benefits help to cover the lower pay rates.
Productive and good atmosphere with co-workers
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2015
It is a good company to work for, but the equipment that is provided to employees is out of date. The benefits are okay, but the compensation could be better.
Pros
Flexible with personal life
Cons
Compensation could be better and equipment is out of date
Low pay, even after seniority.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 3, 2015
Worked there for 8+ years, only make about $5 more than when started. Management is very loyal to management, not those managed, which can be difficult when you have poor management. Can move up within the company which is good.
Pros
internal growth
Cons
low pay, non-standard management tactics which result in different "rules"
A Great place to work
Escrow Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 25, 2015
Days were long but rewarding. A great staff that all work very well as a team. High paced and fun environment.I learned a lot as far as the other side of the mortgage business. Here, I was able to learn to prepare settlement statements and closing instructions instead of receiving them from the title side of the mortgage business.
Pros
Overtime and great co-workers
Cons
Insurance and Pay
Na
teller (Current Employee) –  heath ohioMay 20, 2015
My days go by very quick. Great management and co workers! I mostly do withdraws and deposits . I have learned so much already.
Room for advancement
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 22, 2015
There is a lot of job opportunities within the company, as I have moved up within the last 2 years there as an employee. I am a Head teller and the hardest part of my job is telling my other employees what to do.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Commercial Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 23, 2014
There's plenty of work but not a lot of advancement. I enjoy the people I work with. Job training could improve along with management. The employer does offer good benefits but pay raises are at a minimum.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Park National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.