Park Nicollet Health Services

Park Nicollet Health Services Employer Reviews

Great place to work we have a great team and manager
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), MinnesotaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 1 hours lunch, we celebrate co workers birthday we have bbq in the summer
I come to work and i check in patient and do i do appointments for patients at night i work with urgent care. I learn every day at the clinic i learn how to help patients with more of their needs. My manager she is great we have meeting with her every month to see how we doing and what we need to work on. Co-worker are good they help if someone has – more... a emergency we can cover. Hardest part at work i will say some patients are not that easy to deal with but i have learn to work with that. Enjoyable i like everything about my job – less
Emergency Center
Emergency Center Technician (Former Employee), emergency departmentJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good dr's good benefits
Cons: terrible management, no breaks, hostile work environment.
Management is terrible. Will not listen to you, will not use suggestions. Will not allow for use of education and skills that are required to work there.. High frequency of no breaks no matter how long your shift. Backstabbing hostile work environment. Non team oriented as they claim they are. Kept under staffed on purpose. Your made to do extra work – more... as others will not help. Dr's are really good but RN staff is generally terrible yet supported by management. Having years of experience and education as well ad working for a few other companies this was by far the worst experience and company I have worked for. – less
Meaningful place to work that can be fun
IT Project Manager II, Project Management Office (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJune 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too high workload
A place with good people, good benefits, and meaningful work. However, the IT department lacks paths for career development without leaving first. More importantly the department while officially encouraging taking time off, most employees constantly leave vacation unused due to high workloads and this vacation is use it or lose it on an annual basis. – more... Plan on having to work on holidays as these are often used to implement major upgrade projects with all hands on deck. – less
Park Nicollet is a great place to work.
Client Services Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis Park, MNMay 29, 2014
Park Nicollet places patient safety and the patient experience as the top priority.
Overall great place to work
Senior Coordinator, Print and Web Production (Former Employee), St. Louis Park, MNMay 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Worked on a variety of tasks day-to-day, ability to learn new skills
A Day in My Life
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 28, 2014
A typical day for me is working on training materials, providing support for end users, problem solving, attending operational and department meetings and a lot of special project work. The best part of my job is helping the end user discover the tools to make their jobs easier and more enjoyable. The moment when someone tells me that I have decreased – more... their day by an hour so that they are able to care for patients and spend time with their families is the biggest impact I can have and brings me the most satisfaction. The hard part of my position is having to tell someone when something is not technically possible. However, I am always willing to look at other solutions and prefer to be upfront and honest that ignoring requests or not replying, I believe that everyone is entitled to an honest and quick answer. – less
Horrible place to work! The patients were fabulous, staff was horrible!
Administrative Assistant III/Schedule/Receptionist (Former Employee), Methodist Hospital/Frauenshuh Cancer CenterMarch 12, 2014
Pros: patients & breaktimes
Cons: supervisor was terrible and coworkers were a bunch of back stabbers
I worked in the cancer center and to put up with my supervisor's attitude and unprofessional behaviors for the 6 months I did was so wrong on my part.

My boss made me feel like I was walking on egg shells the whole time I was there. I was ridiculed, ridiculed to the point where I would have panic attacks the morning's I would drive to work. I was new – more... and even my coworkers were incredibly mean to me. They were my supervisor's "reporters" and actually reported back to her when my trainer thought I wasn't getting it and I was brought into her office for a confrontation.

It became a daily occurence with going into her office and all she would do is bring up the mistakes, instead of complimenting me on the customer service I gave to the patients, all of whom would compliment me on my performance and attitude.

No amount of stress at a job is worth $15/hr. For the stuff I had to put up with, I should have been paid $150/hr. Not to mention, I had my Bachelor's and was in process of studying for my MBA and had a heck of a lot more education that my supervisor did, which was so unfair.

Park Nicolett was good for 1 thing and that was there patients. Some of the nicest most sweetest people you could ever meet. Plus the morning breaks were fabulous because the cafeteria's breakfast were amazing, but if there was a line, don't even try to get breakfast. If I was 30 seconds late, my boss would know about it and in her office I would go.

I was glad when I was finally let go, based on performance issues, which I know wasn't true, my boss just wanted me out before I had a chance to go to the Upper Management and report workplace harrassment.

What a joke! – less
Never work at Melrose Center
Former Care Manager (Former Employee), st.louis parkJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: patients are great.
Cons: to much politics and drama
Working at this branch of park nicollet was bad. If you dont want to be supported by your managers this is the place for you. Lots and lots of gossip. There are many employees there with the job title of "I spy/secret agent". RUN!!!!!#!
Friendly atmosphere
Project Coordinator - Contractor (Former Employee), mnJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: minimal work
Relaxed environment. Friendly co-workers. Minimal direction and slow work pace.
Great People to Work with
Senior Administrative Assistant II-Administration (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 20, 2013
I was the only Administrative Assistant for the floor of 80 people in the Finance Department of Park Nicollet. Everyone came to me for whatever they needed. I helped with extra projects besides scheduling meetings. Ordered supplies, to filing AP invoices in the unpaid AP files. Matching Optical invoices. Hardest part of the job was when I needed help – more... I was the only one. Most enjoyable was how much I loved working with all the wonderful people. – less
Kind and good teams
Business Partner, Patient Service Excellence (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 2, 2013
Team members are kind and focused on delivering quality care.
working at park nicollet was very good
Health Information Management Associate (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 27, 2013
co-workers were great, i enjoed the job alot. had to be to work at 6:00 am I liked the ealy hours. Management was good. I like the core valued of the company.
worst place ever!
MLT (Current Employee), MNAugust 26, 2013
they let you run extremely short, wont hire new people to help cover. management treats you like scum.
What a joke...
Customer Collections Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis Park, MNJuly 11, 2013
Pros: monthly meetings provide wonderful nap times
Cons: employees treated like statistics, dehumanizing directors and management, micromanagement
I'll start off with saying I was glad to have a job during the recession but holy cow. Park Nicollet Health Services has definitely succumb to the corporate slow death. I was there for five years. During this time the job went from an enjoyable work environment where everyone had time to work and chat to micromanaged nightmare.

About a year before – more... I left a policy was instituted where every worker needed a sign outside of their office identifying whether they were supposed to be on work, on a break, at the bathroom, etc. Employees were treated like children and nepotism was the only way to get ahead. 9/10 directors and managers were completely brain dead and made Dilbert's Pointy Haired Boss seem like a genius.

Unqualified people were promoted to positions continually that had neither the intelligence nor the aptitude to perform their duties while qualified people were left behind. Pay grades for identical jobs were all over the charts with some people doing the same or less work making $1000's more a year than others.

You can't trust managers or directors either. They'll ask for ideas and strategies from their employees, tell them they're awful, sit on them for a month or two and then present them as their own. While there I recorded 12 instances of this happening with all communications in a single year, and brought them forth to HR who claimed it was a coincidence.

About 2-3 times a year you'd have to spend half the day waiting for some moving company to change the height of desks because some manager needed to make a change in the department and rearranged seating thinking that it would have an effect on productivity. When it didn't, it was the employee's faults. (to be perfectly clear, there was no physical logistics in day to day activities).

Directors would make procedural changes that directly affected productivity (like adding 30 days to a process) and when the process took an extra 30 days, flip out and call a meeting to discuss poor performance.

Park Nicollet bought into the "5 S" and "Kaizen" kool aid hardcore too. Which means that at least for the time I was there they would blindly adopt a lot of crazy ideas to see how things worked out, which is sometimes okay, but often it ended up that the suggesting employee would be 'marked' for it and any new suggestions wouldn't be received. The problem with Kaizen is that you really need to assume a few things. 1) Your employees are skilled and intelligent, 2) Your managers and directors are skilled and intelligent, and 3) Your managers and directors identify people from assumption 1 and listen to them. 2 and 3 are not true. The intelligent and skilled employees were not listened to either because they were "already good at their job" and couldn't possibly have anything to contribute or (more likely) they were threatening and their ideas would have worked.

You don't work at Park Nicollet because you want to, you work there because you need a job. – less
Great Place to work!
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 10, 2013
Park Nicollet values their employees highly, and cares about their well-being.
Typcial Day in the workplace
Team Lead (Current Employee), MinneapolisJune 27, 2013
Very fast paced there are calls to answer, patients to check in, provider schedules to build or change and administrative duties that need to be completed. I have learned a lot about myself and the kind of work environment I enjoy being in. I have learned that my greatest skills are my administrative ones. I enjoy the daily changes that come with being – more... an administrative assistant. As a team lead I have learned how to problem solve and deal with any situation that comes my way. Whether a patient complaint or staffing issues I have learned to deal with conflict in a healthy yet affective manner. – less
I would be happy to go back to work at Park Nicollet if I moved back to MN
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: process improvement
Cons: staff development of hourly employees could be better
Park Nicollet is a good place to work, There are many opportunities for the right person. The organization is heading in the right direction regarding health care and the political changes that are being implemented. Park Nicollet is leading the pack in process improvement initiatives and striving to be the best.
Good work life balance
Strategic Marketing Planner (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 22, 2012
Pros: ability to work from home, work with people who make a difference in people's lives
Cons: new management, pay for full time employees, marketing budget
Challenging environment currently with pending HealthPartners merger. In marketing most people are working from home on Fridays which works if you can get in touch with people. Hardest part of the job is working with doctors who have strong opinions but no marketing background but usually able to come to agreement.
This is a horrible place to work.
Business Services (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJune 15, 2012
Cons: everything
You cant get ahead or promoted even with a Graduate Degree.

Management plays favorites and promotes those they can control. They kicked many spouses off of the health insurance coverage if they could get insurance elsewhere; but did not decrease the family cost.
They got rid of the vacation/sick time to go to a straight pto balance. system, this decreased – more... my time by over 2 weeks a year.

The company lets parents who physically give birth take short term disability and get paid however adoptive parents are discriminated against and not given the same option. – less