Park Nicollet Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Positive work Eniviroment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 31, 2016
Support for the department of Family Practice
Greet patient, collect co –pays, schedule consult and follow up appointments as needed
Conduct patient reminder calls and prepare written notification for scheduled appointments
Keep patients informed of any office delays.
Process deposits for delay co-payments collected.
Maintain departmental files
Promote and maintain good patient relations and confidentiality.
Support the patient tracking system for when patients have surgery.
Pros
n/a
Cons
N/a
A lot of work with some Pizza every little while
Supply Chain Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 23, 2016
I have started working for Park Nicollet since August 2015. It has been a good experience so far. I got along with all my co-workers and management are very helpful. My direct supervisor has always been there for me when i needed to ask for any changes of my schedule for work/school schedule conflict.
Pros
24/7/365 job, work when your school schedule allow you to.
Cons
more training needed and advancing career opportunities with in my department needed.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNNovember 12, 2015
Loved my job. Great location, Great people. They care about their employees. I was included on major decisions. Great environment and managers.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 29, 2015
good coworkers
learn a lot about different aspects of life
hardest part is dealing with constant change
Great work environment, patient care with compassion
Scheduler;recpetionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 3, 2015
Professional and caring place to work, Excellent care to patients and a great environment to work in. Great benefits and pay.
Pros
great pay and advancement
Good company
Epic Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie and Bloomington, MNJanuary 23, 2015
Overall, I have had a positive experience with Park Nicollet and HealthPartners. I have been with the company for almost 12 years and have enjoyed my time there.
Enjoyable place to work
Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  St.Louis ParkSeptember 15, 2014
Excellent place to work! Co worker are wonderful. Pleasant work place atmosphere
Going through a corporate take over
Supervisor, Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 30, 2014
Loved my job for many years and thought I would have been a life-er... but unfortunately, I found out how replaceable I could be. Corporations what loyalty, but what about loyalty to employees?
Cons
too much political combat.
Great place to work we have a great team and manager
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 25, 2014
I come to work and i check in patient and do i do appointments for patients at night i work with urgent care. I learn every day at the clinic i learn how to help patients with more of their needs. My manager she is great we have meeting with her every month to see how we doing and what we need to work on. Co-worker are good they help if someone has a emergency we can cover. Hardest part at work i will say some patients are not that easy to deal with but i have learn to work with that. Enjoyable i like everything about my job
Pros
1 hours lunch, we celebrate co workers birthday we have bbq in the summer
Emergency Center
Emergency Center Technician (Former Employee) –  emergency departmentJuly 12, 2014
Management is terrible. Will not listen to you, will not use suggestions. Will not allow for use of education and skills that are required to work there.. High frequency of no breaks no matter how long your shift. Backstabbing hostile work environment. Non team oriented as they claim they are. Kept under staffed on purpose. Your made to do extra work as others will not help. Dr's are really good but RN staff is generally terrible yet supported by management. Having years of experience and education as well ad working for a few other companies this was by far the worst experience and company I have worked for.
Pros
good dr's good benefits
Cons
terrible management, no breaks, hostile work environment.
Meaningful place to work that can be fun
IT Project Manager II, Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 25, 2014
A place with good people, good benefits, and meaningful work. However, the IT department lacks paths for career development without leaving first. More importantly the department while officially encouraging taking time off, most employees constantly leave vacation unused due to high workloads and this vacation is use it or lose it on an annual basis. Plan on having to work on holidays as these are often used to implement major upgrade projects with all hands on deck.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too high workload
Park Nicollet is a great place to work.
Client Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNMay 29, 2014
Park Nicollet places patient safety and the patient experience as the top priority.
Overall great place to work
Senior Coordinator, Print and Web Production (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNMay 5, 2014
Worked on a variety of tasks day-to-day, ability to learn new skills
Pros
flexible schedule
A Day in My Life
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 28, 2014
A typical day for me is working on training materials, providing support for end users, problem solving, attending operational and department meetings and a lot of special project work. The best part of my job is helping the end user discover the tools to make their jobs easier and more enjoyable. The moment when someone tells me that I have decreased their day by an hour so that they are able to care for patients and spend time with their families is the biggest impact I can have and brings me the most satisfaction. The hard part of my position is having to tell someone when something is not technically possible. However, I am always willing to look at other solutions and prefer to be upfront and honest that ignoring requests or not replying, I believe that everyone is entitled to an honest and quick answer.
Horrible place to work! The patients were fabulous, staff was horrible!
Administrative Assistant III/Schedule/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Methodist Hospital/Frauenshuh Cancer CenterMarch 12, 2014
I worked in the cancer center and to put up with my supervisor's attitude and unprofessional behaviors for the 6 months I did was so wrong on my part.

My boss made me feel like I was walking on egg shells the whole time I was there. I was ridiculed, ridiculed to the point where I would have panic attacks the morning's I would drive to work. I was new and even my coworkers were incredibly mean to me. They were my supervisor's "reporters" and actually reported back to her when my trainer thought I wasn't getting it and I was brought into her office for a confrontation.

It became a daily occurence with going into her office and all she would do is bring up the mistakes, instead of complimenting me on the customer service I gave to the patients, all of whom would compliment me on my performance and attitude.

No amount of stress at a job is worth $15/hr. For the stuff I had to put up with, I should have been paid $150/hr. Not to mention, I had my Bachelor's and was in process of studying for my MBA and had a heck of a lot more education that my supervisor did, which was so unfair.

Park Nicolett was good for 1 thing and that was there patients. Some of the nicest most sweetest people you could ever meet. Plus the morning breaks were fabulous because the cafeteria's breakfast were amazing, but if there was a line, don't even try to get breakfast. If I was 30 seconds late, my boss would know about it and in her office I would go.

I was glad when I was finally let go, based on performance issues, which I know wasn't true, my boss just wanted me out before I had a chance to go to
  more... the Upper Management and report workplace harrassment.

What a joke!
Pros
patients & breaktimes
Cons
supervisor was terrible and coworkers were a bunch of back stabbers
Never work at Melrose Center
Former Care Manager (Former Employee) –  st.louis parkJanuary 25, 2014
Working at this branch of park nicollet was bad. If you dont want to be supported by your managers this is the place for you. Lots and lots of gossip. There are many employees there with the job title of "I spy/secret agent". RUN!!!!!#!
Pros
patients are great.
Cons
to much politics and drama
Friendly atmosphere
Project Coordinator - Contractor (Former Employee) –  mnJanuary 12, 2014
Relaxed environment. Friendly co-workers. Minimal direction and slow work pace.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
minimal work
Great People to Work with
Senior Administrative Assistant II-Administration (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 20, 2013
I was the only Administrative Assistant for the floor of 80 people in the Finance Department of Park Nicollet. Everyone came to me for whatever they needed. I helped with extra projects besides scheduling meetings. Ordered supplies, to filing AP invoices in the unpaid AP files. Matching Optical invoices. Hardest part of the job was when I needed help I was the only one. Most enjoyable was how much I loved working with all the wonderful people.
Kind and good teams
Business Partner, Patient Service Excellence (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 2, 2013
Team members are kind and focused on delivering quality care.
working at park nicollet was very good
Health Information Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 27, 2013
co-workers were great, i enjoed the job alot. had to be to work at 6:00 am I liked the ealy hours. Management was good. I like the core valued of the company.