Park Nicollet

Park Nicollet Employer Reviews

Great co-workers
Former employee (Former Employee), Minneapolis Park NicolletMarch 16, 2014
Pros: great nurses and doctors
Cons: no lunch breaks, no recognition for work done.
Poor management, low moral. Bottom line is the $$$ and more work is dumped on nursing staff. Manager is never there when you need her but is quick to put you down if you make a mistake. I would never encourage anyone to work there.
Fast pace place to work and fun once get the routine down
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 5, 2014
Pros: making lots of friends thurgh customers and co-workers
Cons: high volume of customers
To work with high volumes
To work smarter not harder
Management is very caring and willing to pitch in to lend a helping hand
The hardest I would say is understanding so many different cultures and their speaking English to help them with their problems
The most enjoyable is hearing your name all over the pharmacy when you enter the door
Clinical rotation
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee), New Hope, MNMarch 3, 2014
The staff was very friendly there. I really liked the clinical setting.
Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistant - 4E Med Surg/Oncology (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 18, 2014
• Assisted RN’s in daily cares of patients on the general med surg / oncology unit and other floors at Methodist hospital.
• Involved in training and mentoring of new hires as needed by management.
• Worked with multi-disciplinary teams for optimal patient outcome and experience.
Great place to work with amazing people
LPN (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits and great team.
Cons: not always getting a lunch break
I worked with a med/peds MD. We saw patients from 0 to 99. I loved getting to know our patients and their families. I loved my co workers and made some very close friends.We were a great team.The hardest part of my job was the ever changing computer system. I love learning new skills and enjoyed our patients and co workers.
Patient Service Center Coordinator
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNFebruary 7, 2014
Responsible for scheduling all doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioner appointments. Set up new Patient Medical Record or change existing demographics when needed. Determining and assisting in pricing specific procedures to be done. Taking and sending messages and prescription refills for patients to the doctor. Verify Insurance and Guarantor – more... information on all Patient Medical Records. – less
Good Place to Work But.......
Manager IT (Former Employee), Sant Louis ParkJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: for the most part wonderful co workers
Cons: management not engaged the right way
When I started it was a good place to work, a lot of talented people at the start, than most of the Directors started leaving and a lot of the new Directors came in with new ideas' but couldn't implement a plan, there was no direction from above. Directors were never in the office they were always gone and not engaged in there department.

It was a – more... good place to work for the most part but there were some parts of the organization that were not managed well or a clique like High School. Lot of Backstabbing by certain individuals that made it difficult to be successful, some things said were never investigated by management, however it was believed by management.

Not a lot of people over 50 work there. – less
Externship site
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNNovember 24, 2013
During my externship the coworkers that I worked with were really outgoing and really taught me a lot and helped me learned what I went to school for. It was a fun and outgoing environment to work in. The most enjoyable part about the externship site was going in and seeing everyone happy and smiling. It made the environment really laid back.
Hard Working Staff
Lead Medical Laboratory Technician, ASCP (Former Employee), Lakeville, mnNovember 3, 2013
Great Providers and Staff. Short staffed and very busy Clinic.
Excellent company full of caring people.
Radiology Supervisor (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNOctober 23, 2013
Pros: clean and productive environment
Cons: limited opportunity for cross-training and high stress
I was proud to be a part of a company that put patients first. We cared for everyone as if they were our own friends and family.
Was better before Health Partners took over
RN-Inpatient (Current Employee), St. Louis Park, MNOctober 15, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: uncertain job security
Overall easy job, decent coworkers and management. Since Health Partners took over they became tighter with the budget and staffing. Lower census forcing staff to take required absences. This is counter productive to their mantra about taking vacation time to recharge and relax, Who can take vacation time when you use all your PTO to cover the shifts – more... you're shorted? Wondering how much longer certain specialty areas will remain open with such a lack of cliental. Also hard to advance to other areas with needing to have been there a year and tell your Supervisor that you applied in order to even be considered. – less
Never Again
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 27, 2013
Pros: facilities
Cons: benefits, compensation, managment
Disorganized and more concearned with budget than patients
Great place to work with excellent morals and values
LPN Family practice-Imed (Current Employee), Wayzata, MNJune 12, 2013
I worked on the floor with standard rooming, direct patient care, assisting physcians. I also worked on the cisco phone system with nurse triage, as well as the safety and security mentor, and pediatric site champion. I worked well with all my co workers. I enjoy many aspects of my role at Park Nicollet, especially patient care and working with various – more... people from different socioeconomic as well as diverese backgrounds. The hardest part of my job was trying not to get too attached to my patient's. – less
Productive and busy office
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee), Wayzata, MNJune 11, 2013
Days were very busy with patients. I learned a lot about the rehabilitation field. Also learned many medical terms and processes. The management in the clinic was outstanding. Hardest part of the job was dealing with people who were difficult. Most enjoyable was dealing with patients that you formed close relationships with and cared about.
Leadership lacks the Heart in Head and Heart Together
Administrative Asst (Current Employee), HospitalApril 15, 2013
Pros: interaction with other staff and patients/visitors
Cons: leadership doesn't listen...cold...door is closed policy.
I have been with Park Nicollet for 7 years. In 2012 things began to really go downhill for me. The reivew process changed so that prior to this time I would get ratings in the "exceeds expectations" regularly, now I am only "meets expectations". I have always given 100% and now wonder why I bother...because now all I get is more and more work, they – more... continually heap it now, with no adequate raise in pay that even begins to compensate. Leadership doesn't listen. They push the Head and Heart together marketing ploy and totally lack the Heart themselves. I am deeply saddened by the fact that I have given so much and am totally not appreciated, and not listened to. I am now looking for another job and it will be a huge relief, even though I have to start over.

Interaction with other staff and patients is satisfying.

Again, the hardest part of my job is keeping a positive attitude when leadership has a door-closed policy and doesn't listen. They assume that all staff is lazy, and needs to be threatened to get the most out of them, either that, or they just say something like, "I know you can do it, I have faith in you", when they are heaping more work on you and want to "motivate"... – less
negative management
Customer service (Former Employee), BloomingtonFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: it pays the bills
Cons: very bad passive aggressive management, negative environment, no leadership, low moral, no incentive, cut throat, back stabbing
Typical day was diverse with tasks that where not assignment or delegated. I learned to use my initiative and judgement. Management was absent in times of need and guidance. A lot of the management did not have experience or the education requirements to match their roles and were solely in these positions because of who they knew and not what they – more... knew. The management was overly critical of staff and their was a hierarchy mentality, management was VERY UNSUPPORTIVE & NEGATIVE!! As a motivator management used fear tactics to try and get more effort from staff, which led to the staff becoming bitter, resentful and unhappy.
Co workers were very bitter and backstabbing, the majority of staff are so fake and two faced and this is the environment the management help create.
The hardest part of the job was trying to overcome the negativity and the downtrodden feeling or being treated like a idiot. Not every person had a bad attitude but unfortunately they were in a minority.
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. I was overwhelmed with such joy and relief the day I finally left this environment for good. It felt like a huge weight was lifted from me.

"You have a job" is not an incentive to boost productivity or moral especially when you want to be compensated for extra responsibilities and duties added to you work load.

I have NEVER before worked within a company were so many of their employees are so bitterly unhappy and the management refuse to address the situation or even improve it for the greater good. I was completely confused as to how the managers got away with treating the employees so poorly. The individuals and investors within this organization need to intervene and change the environment from a grossly negative environment to a positive environment and enhance the employee experience. Then past and current employees might be more apt to write something very encouraging. – less
Productive an great company
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 6, 2012
Scheduling Radiology Appointments. MRI, CT US
Verify Patient Demographic information.
Great Job for entry level
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), MinnesotaDecember 5, 2012
Pros: flex time, great co-workers
Cons: management can be wishy washy sometimes
I believe this is a great job for someone looking to get their foot in the door. It teaches you a lot about health insurance. I however do not find it challanging enough and there's not a lot of room for growth.
Insular. No leadership direction, training, guidance or feedback
Information Technology Department (Former Employee), MplsNovember 19, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits; flexible work schedule
Cons: no clear direction or expectations provided from leadership; no training program
*This is only my experience with a single department in a large organization.*
My very short tenure in the non-clinical side of this company validated all the red flags that I saw at the interview, and continued to wave in the breeze. There appears to be a mass exodus in the management and leadership staff ,and coding departments in particular. The – more... section of this department is completely silent. Completely. I am thankful I resigned almost immediately. I accepted this job much too quickly after a 5 month layoff. Experienced staff is so overworked with current load as well as anticipated work coming in Jan, there are no resources/ interest in training of new employees.
I learned to heed red flags, and not minimize instinctive initial reaction about a workplace in my next opportunity. – less
typical day
call center (Former Employee), st louis parkNovember 16, 2012
Pros: it's a pay check
Cons: dysfunctional environment
Atypical day at work is something always breaking down . More work added to job . Hours being changed without being asked . Back stabbing co-workers . Management that has poor interpersonal skills . Lots of favoritisium . It's a disfunctional environment . Their philosophy doesn't extend to the employees . The best part of the job is the pay check .

About Park Nicollet

Park Nicollet Health Services is a nonprofit, integrated healthcare system located in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, with more than – Read more