Park Nicollet

Park Nicollet Employer Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis Park, MNJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great hours, no weekends or holidays
Great place to work. Lots of hands on experience. I learned to be an attentive listener and analyzer demonstrated through accurate and thorough note-taking in accordance to patient and doctor requests.
Very busy clinics
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough check in help at front desk
Great place to work, fast paced, and busy, sometimes there was not enough time to check in a timely manner due to staff shortage.
Management is clueless
Customer Service (Current Employee), St Louis ParkMay 14, 2014
Pros: beautiful work environment aesthetically
Cons: emotional immaturity, back stabbing, lack of strong management skills
Do you want to be micro-managed? Do you want your co-workers to stab you in the back on a daily basis? Do you want a work environment that rewards low performance? Do you want more work piled on you because someone else is incompetent? If yes, this is the perfect place for you!
Pathway Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), St.Louis Park, MNMay 13, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: short shifts
Overall it was an ok place to work. I didn't like how butterfly usage was restricted to 10. If you used all your butterflies and were called for a blood culture, you were out of luck.
Very fast pace environment
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNApril 24, 2014
Pros: great advancements and benefits
Cons: standing all day and not enough days off
Take in prescriptions, assist pharmacists and technicians, make sure over the counter drugs are facing up right and organized, stock soft drinks and snacks, order office supplies if needed up front all in a timely manner.
Horrible Management
employee (Former Employee), park nicollet clinicApril 22, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: having to take medication and see a therapist just to go to work.
Several management changes over the years, along with Nurses in my position which should be a sign of something. Backstabbing and mistrust among hall nurses and RN's, and even NP's. Current Manager has no experience, including the of role of the RN's. Micromanagement. No trust and autonomy of the Nurses. Bullying from a manager to leave position. Constant – more... walking on eggshells. All of this creates an unsafe environment which really prevents one from succeeding here. – less
Do not work at this EC. They come off nice at first but get you in the end.
Emergency Center Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis ParkMarch 29, 2014
Pros: most of the dr's are great to work with
Cons: hostile work environment, disconnected management, no breaks frequently, low staffed
Terrible management, low moral, very hostile work environment. I would never recommend someone to work in their EC. Managers are never there when priblems come up but are quick to put you down. Are told to deal with it on our own as they dont have time and when you do management will not see both sides to any issue and things are not brought up till – more... weeks or months later. Constant backstabbing among management and employees. Suggestions are not implemented. Over worked and understaffed which is kept that way. Way to many politics going on to work in their version of a team. To many Rn's who are power hungry and not willing to compromise on anything. I would never encourage anyone to work there. – less
Great co-workers
Former employee (Former Employee), Minneapolis Park NicolletMarch 16, 2014
Pros: great nurses and doctors
Cons: no lunch breaks, no recognition for work done.
Poor management, low moral. Bottom line is the $$$ and more work is dumped on nursing staff. Manager is never there when you need her but is quick to put you down if you make a mistake. I would never encourage anyone to work there.
Fast pace place to work and fun once get the routine down
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 5, 2014
Pros: making lots of friends thurgh customers and co-workers
Cons: high volume of customers
To work with high volumes
To work smarter not harder
Management is very caring and willing to pitch in to lend a helping hand
The hardest I would say is understanding so many different cultures and their speaking English to help them with their problems
The most enjoyable is hearing your name all over the pharmacy when you enter the door
Clinical rotation
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee), New Hope, MNMarch 3, 2014
The staff was very friendly there. I really liked the clinical setting.
Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistant - 4E Med Surg/Oncology (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 18, 2014
• Assisted RN’s in daily cares of patients on the general med surg / oncology unit and other floors at Methodist hospital.
• Involved in training and mentoring of new hires as needed by management.
• Worked with multi-disciplinary teams for optimal patient outcome and experience.
Great place to work with amazing people
LPN (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits and great team.
Cons: not always getting a lunch break
I worked with a med/peds MD. We saw patients from 0 to 99. I loved getting to know our patients and their families. I loved my co workers and made some very close friends.We were a great team.The hardest part of my job was the ever changing computer system. I love learning new skills and enjoyed our patients and co workers.
Patient Service Center Coordinator
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNFebruary 7, 2014
Responsible for scheduling all doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioner appointments. Set up new Patient Medical Record or change existing demographics when needed. Determining and assisting in pricing specific procedures to be done. Taking and sending messages and prescription refills for patients to the doctor. Verify Insurance and Guarantor – more... information on all Patient Medical Records. – less
Good Place to Work But.......
Manager IT (Former Employee), Sant Louis ParkJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: for the most part wonderful co workers
Cons: management not engaged the right way
When I started it was a good place to work, a lot of talented people at the start, than most of the Directors started leaving and a lot of the new Directors came in with new ideas' but couldn't implement a plan, there was no direction from above. Directors were never in the office they were always gone and not engaged in there department.

It was a – more... good place to work for the most part but there were some parts of the organization that were not managed well or a clique like High School. Lot of Backstabbing by certain individuals that made it difficult to be successful, some things said were never investigated by management, however it was believed by management.

Not a lot of people over 50 work there. – less
Externship site
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNNovember 24, 2013
During my externship the coworkers that I worked with were really outgoing and really taught me a lot and helped me learned what I went to school for. It was a fun and outgoing environment to work in. The most enjoyable part about the externship site was going in and seeing everyone happy and smiling. It made the environment really laid back.
Hard Working Staff
Lead Medical Laboratory Technician, ASCP (Former Employee), Lakeville, mnNovember 3, 2013
Great Providers and Staff. Short staffed and very busy Clinic.
Excellent company full of caring people.
Radiology Supervisor (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNOctober 23, 2013
Pros: clean and productive environment
Cons: limited opportunity for cross-training and high stress
I was proud to be a part of a company that put patients first. We cared for everyone as if they were our own friends and family.
Was better before Health Partners took over
RN-Inpatient (Current Employee), St. Louis Park, MNOctober 15, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: uncertain job security
Overall easy job, decent coworkers and management. Since Health Partners took over they became tighter with the budget and staffing. Lower census forcing staff to take required absences. This is counter productive to their mantra about taking vacation time to recharge and relax, Who can take vacation time when you use all your PTO to cover the shifts – more... you're shorted? Wondering how much longer certain specialty areas will remain open with such a lack of cliental. Also hard to advance to other areas with needing to have been there a year and tell your Supervisor that you applied in order to even be considered. – less
Never Again
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 27, 2013
Pros: facilities
Cons: benefits, compensation, managment
Disorganized and more concearned with budget than patients
Great place to work with excellent morals and values
LPN Family practice-Imed (Current Employee), Wayzata, MNJune 12, 2013
I worked on the floor with standard rooming, direct patient care, assisting physcians. I also worked on the cisco phone system with nurse triage, as well as the safety and security mentor, and pediatric site champion. I worked well with all my co workers. I enjoy many aspects of my role at Park Nicollet, especially patient care and working with various – more... people from different socioeconomic as well as diverese backgrounds. The hardest part of my job was trying not to get too attached to my patient's. – less

About Park Nicollet

Park Nicollet Health Services is a nonprofit, integrated healthcare system located in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, with more than – Read more