Park Nicollet Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Management, cliquey, no advancement possibilities
patient service representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 30, 2015
Patient Service Rep - South region. Horrible, indifferent, non-transparent management - they will try to keep you in call center indefinitely and do not want you to apply to other depts. HR will support them. Short staffed for years; management lies/makes excuses about not being able to hire more people, or say "they are in the process" of doing so. If you like answering 200 calls a day, being short staffed, and getting reprimanded for making small mistakes like you are a preschooler (due to overwhelming amt of work) this is the place for you! If you start in this dept, you will never leave this dept. Good benefits, low pay, and you have to use your small amount of PTO for holidays.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Cliquey management & back-stabbing supervisors, no opportunities for advancement, but mgmt will "say" there is.
I loved this job
SENIOR PATIENT FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNDecember 14, 2015
This was one of the best places I worked. I loved the people management the culture just everything about this place. I relocated to another state an miss this place everyday.
Productive fun place to work in a large community
PHARMACY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 21, 2016
Pharmacy clinic setting
Cashier
filing prescriptions
And check patients into the pharmacy
and building a friendship with great co-workers
Pros
45min lunches, great benifits, the best medical team for any medical reason you may have
Cons
absolutely nothing
great place to work
Customer Service Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 12, 2015
I like where I work, I am looking to supplement my current salary. I enjoy working with patients as well as coworkers. plenty to learn. advancement opportunity, good health/dental/ 401k benefits.
Disabled employee
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 13, 2016
Not a good place for disable workers. Takes forever, if at all, to get the equipment and accommodations needed to do the job. PN unfamiliar with the Americans with Disables Act of 1990.

Coworkers are always plotting and gossiping about other coworkers and PATIENT's. Over staffed and not enough callers to justify this many paid staff. I find is difficult to not get bored or be challenged.
Pros
I get paid to watch videos!
Cons
Not a healthy place for the disabled employee
externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 16, 2016
Working for Park Nicollet was a great experience. I just did my externship here in the pediatric and internal medicine departments. I was able to help out with rooming patients and giving injections.
We had boat retreats every eyar.
Medical Receptionist/Intake Coordnator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 30, 2016
It was a great place to work, good people and awesome patients.
I probably would still be there if it weren't for lay offs. The hardest part of this job was learning something out of my comfort zone.
Was better before Health Partners took over
RN-Inpatient (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNOctober 15, 2013
Overall easy job, decent coworkers and management. Since Health Partners took over they became tighter with the budget and staffing. Lower census forcing staff to take required absences. This is counter productive to their mantra about taking vacation time to recharge and relax, Who can take vacation time when you use all your PTO to cover the shifts you're shorted? Wondering how much longer certain specialty areas will remain open with such a lack of cliental. Also hard to advance to other areas with needing to have been there a year and tell your Supervisor that you applied in order to even be considered.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
uncertain job security
Day at work
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 1, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. Great training on the first week of job and great people to work with. I learn a lot from my colleagues.
Great Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MN.September 1, 2015
Very busy days, great co-workers, learned Lean and Strategic planning. Management was ok, the hardest part of my job was outside vendors, the most enjoyable was my team.
Pros
Great locations
Cons
No strong support from management
Do not work at this EC. They come off nice at first but get you in the end.
Emergency Center Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis ParkMarch 29, 2014
Terrible management, low moral, very hostile work environment. I would never recommend someone to work in their EC. Managers are never there when priblems come up but are quick to put you down. Are told to deal with it on our own as they dont have time and when you do management will not see both sides to any issue and things are not brought up till weeks or months later. Constant backstabbing among management and employees. Suggestions are not implemented. Over worked and understaffed which is kept that way. Way to many politics going on to work in their version of a team. To many Rn's who are power hungry and not willing to compromise on anything. I would never encourage anyone to work there.
Pros
most of the dr's are great to work with
Cons
hostile work environment, disconnected management, no breaks frequently, low staffed
Insular. No leadership direction, training, guidance or feedback
Information Technology Department (Former Employee) –  MplsNovember 19, 2012
*This is only my experience with a single department in a large organization.*
My very short tenure in the non-clinical side of this company validated all the red flags that I saw at the interview, and continued to wave in the breeze. There appears to be a mass exodus in the management and leadership staff ,and coding departments in particular. The section of this department is completely silent. Completely. I am thankful I resigned almost immediately. I accepted this job much too quickly after a 5 month layoff. Experienced staff is so overworked with current load as well as anticipated work coming in Jan, there are no resources/ interest in training of new employees.
I learned to heed red flags, and not minimize instinctive initial reaction about a workplace in my next opportunity.
Pros
excellent benefits; flexible work schedule
Cons
no clear direction or expectations provided from leadership; no training program
Excellent Caring Staff
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Carlson Park NicolletMay 19, 2012
I have worked a total of 15 years at Park Nicollet in various areas of the lab and health information management. My first expierience at Park Nicollet was from 1990 - 99. During that expierience, everything about the organization was wonderful including the pay, benefits, management and work/life balance. I changed career direction and was eventually laid off and came back to Park Nicollet ready to give my all. This organization has changed a lot during my absence. There have been so many changes including impossibility of moving forward in this organization which is very frustrating. Personally, I have an exemplary record as well as a 4.0 GPA in my education and because it is difficult to replace my position in a suburban clinic, they wont let me move up. Staff has been cut and creates too much stress on serving the patients like we would want to. Changes occur without notice from management and no one even asks the people who do the job for possible ideas on improving our area.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient interaction. Coworkers at the same level are also fun to work with and there is a great team environment. Unfortunately many are leaving because of the environment that management is creating by cutting staff.
Pros
health insurance, vacation time, tuition reimbursement
Cons
disconnect from management, lack of understanding about proper staffing
n/a
Medical receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNDecember 1, 2015
I love my job its a nice place to work, good people good, pay but sometimes you need a change in your life and i have gain skills here and want to share
Very good place to work for
Insurance Specialist Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 16, 2015
I learned alot from this job working in the emergency room. Effieciency is very important as well as empathy. Worked with super nice people not a bad word to say about this employer or my time there.
Pros
Variety never a dull moment. Learned many new things in healthcare
Cons
You really never get to take a break with another co worker
Fast pace place to work and fun once get the routine down
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 5, 2014
To work with high volumes
To work smarter not harder
Management is very caring and willing to pitch in to lend a helping hand
The hardest I would say is understanding so many different cultures and their speaking English to help them with their problems
The most enjoyable is hearing your name all over the pharmacy when you enter the door
Pros
making lots of friends thurgh customers and co-workers
Cons
high volume of customers
Leadership lacks the Heart in Head and Heart Together
Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  HospitalApril 15, 2013
I have been with Park Nicollet for 7 years. In 2012 things began to really go downhill for me. The reivew process changed so that prior to this time I would get ratings in the "exceeds expectations" regularly, now I am only "meets expectations". I have always given 100% and now wonder why I bother...because now all I get is more and more work, they continually heap it now, with no adequate raise in pay that even begins to compensate. Leadership doesn't listen. They push the Head and Heart together marketing ploy and totally lack the Heart themselves. I am deeply saddened by the fact that I have given so much and am totally not appreciated, and not listened to. I am now looking for another job and it will be a huge relief, even though I have to start over.

Interaction with other staff and patients is satisfying.

Again, the hardest part of my job is keeping a positive attitude when leadership has a door-closed policy and doesn't listen. They assume that all staff is lazy, and needs to be threatened to get the most out of them, either that, or they just say something like, "I know you can do it, I have faith in you", when they are heaping more work on you and want to "motivate"...
Pros
interaction with other staff and patients/visitors
Cons
leadership doesn't listen...cold...door is closed policy.
It paid the bills, didn't know if you had a job when you came in.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Methodist Hospital/Park NicolletJuly 30, 2014
I would stay away from Park Nicollet/Methodist Hosptial. I worked in the kitchen for quite awhile, it got to the point that I had to leave. I couldn't stand being put down, barked at, told I couldn't speak, I actually had to ask for permission to use the bathroom. I got tired of the militant behavior by the supervisors. When reporting it to HR, nothing was done. There is no pay on this Earth that makes this job worth it. They demean you, put you down in front of others, but when you try to say something, your insubordinate. If your late, it's counted as being absent, they will replace you without checking to see if you something happened to you first. There is no job worth this. I made a lot of friends there, but no job is worth this much stress.

I compare working in the kitchen to what I think it would have been like in a concentration camp, or a prison, if you don't believe, then I would apply to find out.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
insulting, backstabbing, demeaning, stressful
Great place and great people
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 22, 2015
awesome place to work, however as the receptionist you often are the one people take their frustrations out on. Sometimes the phones can get a little crazy and be somewhat overwhelming, but someone else usually steps in to help if they see you are swamped.
Very fast pace environment
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNApril 24, 2014
Take in prescriptions, assist pharmacists and technicians, make sure over the counter drugs are facing up right and organized, stock soft drinks and snacks, order office supplies if needed up front all in a timely manner.
Pros
great advancements and benefits
Cons
standing all day and not enough days off

2.8