Park Nicollet Employee Reviews

Very Poor Management
RN After hours nurse triage (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 13, 2017
Management would not keep you up to date on changes occurring in the department and there was a lot of talk behind the scene. It never felt like you could trust anyone.
A great environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNOctober 26, 2017
Park Nicollet is a great place to be employed. Their focus on customer service is obvious in the care of their patients. I would recommend employment.
Benefits
productive
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 25, 2017
very fun environment, new up and coming clinic so the workflow was a bit unstructured but has the potential to grow into something amazing. the providers are world renowned and very easy to work with.
Work was slow
Medical Equipment Buyer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 22, 2017
There wasn't enough work for me to do and asked to do more. They were uptight about many policies and did not have a good job culture. Some departments were overworked and others were very slow, departments did not work together.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
not very friendly
Busy, fast-paced environment
Supervisor, Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 20, 2017
Clinic life in the larger departments is very busy and there are high patient volumes. Clinical staff are trained and frontline staff are warm. Day-to-day work glow is great if you have a good leader.
Pros
Good pay, good hours, good benefits, good location.
Cons
Not a ton of career advancement, Health Partners leadership is cold and calculating.
No advancement
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNOctober 19, 2017
No advancement unless you are a favorite. Your higher ups are rude to people they are to be training,and need to learn patience or they should not be in the roles they are in. If you want people to succeed you need to be supportive and help give them the tools to do the job and be the best they can be. Alot of time frustration comes from feeling like the employee are not heard and or appreciated.
Pros
Long lunches, paycheck
Cons
Poorly and unfairly treated. Overworked and never a thank you
New Employee
Medical Receptionist/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Methodist, St. Louis ParkOctober 18, 2017
I just started working at Methodist as a receptionist and so far too very good. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The outlined procedure for new employees is very comprehensive and appreciated. I do not feel just thrown into a new position. Everyone is very helpful and patient.
Pros
long lunch break (1hr), weekend and holiday differential, great work culture, awesome boss, awesome co-workers, shuttle to employee parking lot
Cons
no benefits for part time employees (no PTO, health insurance, etc)
Horrible Work Environment and Management
Hand Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNSeptember 5, 2017
Park Nicollet did not provide any opportunity for a work/life balance or value family life. Working long hours with no breaks was a routine practice there. Seeing patients in a short amount of time so you could get more patients seen was also a practice that was unethical and challenging as it did not allow you to give quality care to your patients. Value was placed on how much revenue you brought into the clinic rather than quality of care. Management was not supportive or respectful to needs of their employees.
Pros
Good benefits, stabillity, continuing education reimbursement
Cons
No breaks, long work days, high work load, poor quality of care
Very good place to work.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 15, 2017
Very good place to work., good people and professionals. My manager is a best, very understanding and fair. I have a pleasure to work with my co-workers. I think we doing a good job to take care of our patients.
productive
Customer Service, Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 10, 2017
Require a high level of productivity in a fast paced environment. They work through the head and heart theory, and are very dedicated to diversity and inclusion
Not a day goes without some sort of negatively.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 26, 2017
Management needs to go, old mindset and others think they are superior over their coworker in my department. Old methods, unwillingness to change. We are in the year 2017. Daily negatively and hostile environment, management doesn't do anything about this kind of behavior. What I've learn from working here is that you cannot trust people. They will stab you in the back. If you do extra as a nice gesture, the coworkers will except you to do more daily. The workload is not fair because some individuals expect help but doesn't lift a finger in return. The culture in my department is "if you're not in the boy's club, then you are below us". Most enjoying part of the job is clocking out.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Management, the people
Mindful Team
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 17, 2017
The management and the staff to work with work on doing what's best for the patient and what's best for each other as a team. My manager always reminded us kindly to be patient and not to take what upset patients have to say because of the state they are. It was a great atmosphere with a dedicated team of helpers.
Typical day at work
Warfarin dosing nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 10, 2017
Everyone is given a daily work assignment (i.e. sites to manage and specific patients that we must dose on a specific day). Each nurse will usually dose warfarin for approx. 30-35 patients each day. Some days more, some days less, depending on other issues that come up in a day.
Pros
Work at our own speed, can take a lunch at any time. Nobody watches the clock.
Cons
Must stay until our work is done for the day but no overtime, we are all salaried employees.
Okay experience
Medical Receptionist II (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJune 6, 2017
I was okay. I feel that management could be better. Overall the staff is nice easy to work with and get along with. The only issue is the pay. It seems that they pay less than other Hospitals in the Metro area.
Park Nicollet is a great company to work for.
Registered Nurse - Triage (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2017
Park Nicollet is a great company to work for. I work in a clinic setting and find that we are one big community there to help each other as needed. The providers are always willing to work with you and answer questions and very much appreciate the assistance and input of the RN's.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 18, 2017
Park Nicollet is an excellent place to work. I floated between 6 clinics and the work atmosphere and professionalism are wonderful. All the clinic staff that I worked with treat their patients with respect, empathy and kindness.
great company, management questionable
Front Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNApril 27, 2017
Different departments have different bosses and supervisors, unfortunately I was with a questionable shift lead and boss. Unfortunately as time went on I felt unheard, under-appreciated, but more was expected of me, and I felt like a number.
I love working for Park Nicollet
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 10, 2017
I have an awesome supervisor and all of my co-workers are wonderful! The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people leave with a smile on their face. The hardest part of my job is sometimes feeling like you could have done more even though you gave it 100%
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
short breaks
Good experience
BILLING ACCOUNTS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNApril 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Park Nicollet. I worked DME claims with various insurance payors. I loved the assortment of work, calls and my co-workers. The company and benefits were good too.
Pros
Job Duties, Pay, Coworkers
Cons
Distance from home
Head Heart Together
Medical Receptionist Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNApril 3, 2017
i work flow can be very heavy but very energetic at the same time. Park Nicollet makes their patients 1st priority. Park Nicollet offers great Insurance packages for employees. This is a long term job to have. Great leadership and employees to work with.
Pros
energetic enviorment
Cons
No overtime