Park Place Employee Reviews

No longer in Business
Leisure (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, IAJune 15, 2017
Not enjoyable place for clients and employees. I worked there when I was in High School as leisure staff duties was to play games with the members of the group home.
Pros
Was okay for High School students hours were 4pm-8pm
Cons
Dirty and many staffers were mean to the clients
Loved it
Lead Waitress/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
I loved working here and interacting with the customers. I worked with my family, but unfortunately we closed due to personal reasons. We all worked together perfect, but it closed
The residents are great, activites are awesome and alot of good nursing care provided
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GAMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed working with the resident especially skilled resident that were able to achieved their goals and return to their homes safely. On a daily basis i work with residents and their care team to improve the quality of care received.
Showing potential residents apartments
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, ALApril 6, 2017
Property Manager
• Responsible for employee and resident activity scheduling, filing paper work, and answering the phones and any questions about the services we offer
• Dealing with any property maintenance requirements
• Showing potential residents apartments
• Handling all payments and deposits
secure and good place to work
Sewing machine operator, border machine (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 13, 2017
I was an employee here for 5 1/2 years and had made numerous employee/friends that I still communicate with. I was able to learn how to operate numerous machines which helped me acquire new skills and expand my performance level.
Pros
job security, benefits and on job training
Cons
variations in quantity of hours
Fun restaurant with such positive workers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wenona, ILFebruary 24, 2017
A avaerage day would be filled with such positivity, the cook would remind me everyday that I can't let a rude costumer get me down when I have many people behind me. I would make sure every guest that walked in was satisfied with their meal and if they weren't I would do everything in my power to change that. As a waitress here I learned that not everyone has good people skills, it takes a really friendly, relaxed person to work with others in such a manner. That being said the guests that come in with an attitude and such negativity would definitely be the hardest part of the job, as when the costumers come in with such positivity is made it the most enjoyable.
Pros
There is always a special
Cons
No breaks
Loved working with Residents
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Pana, ILFebruary 22, 2017
I absolutely loved working with my residents. I loved taking them on outings, we went to dances, concerts, fairs, and several other fun places. The only downside to working there was some of the other dsps got away with not having to do anything and the hardest workers were treated unfairly. Its a great place to work if you love helping people!
Pros
free dinner, working with residents
Cons
management
Fun and happy work enviroment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, IAJanuary 12, 2017
Loved this job and the people. The individuals served were treated with dignity and respect. They truly become part of your family.
Pros
Family oriented and caring
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
great place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lakeport, CAJanuary 9, 2017
very great job, everyone is great and fair, free lunches. It's a great place to start out if you have very little or no experience.
Clients made it worthwhile
Client care, assist in food preparations (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, IAJanuary 9, 2017
even though the facility is closed it was a great place to work at. the worse part was the co-workers, nobody ever works as hard as the other people.
Would never place a loved in here
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, IADecember 16, 2016
Didnt agree with alot of the facilities care plans. Thought the staff and residents seemed to be unhappy. Not enough time to do basic cares on residents and seemed to always be rushing, were not allowed to take extra time for a resident to finish eating, meals would be taken after an hour even if resident was not finished.
productive work place
DIRECT SUPPORT PERSONNEL (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILDecember 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for and with the residents. I learned a lot form there. the management was awesome and very supportive of the clients and their decisions and situations.
Productive place of work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Wenona, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Management can be rude when busy times occur, that is my only complaint about the company. Great place for a High Schooler to work money wise. You make great tips with an exception of Wednesdays.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Hard to work for
It was an awful place to work at the time.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IAAugust 3, 2016
Park Place was going thru many changes at that time. Many employees were being fired. The environment was uneasy, as everyone was constantly walking on egg shells. There were several different acting DONs while I was there, which contributed to workplace inconsistency. Overall, it was not a pleasant experience.
Great place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2016
The staff was great and was always willing to help me. Since most of the residents were independent, I mostly helped them get through their daily activities. I chaperoned them to their appointments, helped some residents with laundry, making sure that they took their medications and anything else that they needed throughout the day.
Great experience
Dining Staff (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 16, 2016
I enjoyed waiting on and getting to know the elderly that I served every week. I also enjoyed the upbeat pace of my job, however due to a previous obligation to my high school team, which my employers knew about when they hired me, I had to leave my job in order to participate in lacrosse at my school.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no tips, poor management
It's a good company.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 30, 2015
I don't think it exists anymore. During my employment, I was in charge of other employees and the progression of their projects.
exceptional care exceptional staff
LPN and night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, IAOctober 22, 2015
An exceptional place to work. Team members were always ready to help each other and their focus stayed on taking care of the clients. Management were willing to help cover any needs that arose.
Pros
exceptional team work
Cons
the business decided to close
Good Company
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Hartford CtOctober 12, 2015
Good Company great administrator and great residents.
It is a nursing with the population that we serve is about 90% Hispanic.
Pros
Flexebility
Cons
distance
Good company to work for.
Emeritus (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 29, 2015
great residents and helpful staff
great seeing family with their loved ones come and support.
fun activities like family night.