Park Plaza Hospital Employee Reviews

Slow pace job
Phlebotomist / process specimens (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Company is diverse. Slow moving to making change and hours not always guarantee. the job will be suitable to someone that do not depend on money for taking care on necessary responsibility.
Pros
short lunch breaks
Cons
N/a
We were like family
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
We had a solid group of nurses that really worked hard together. We helped one another through illnesses and death. The patient's were very concerned about the well being of the staff as well as their own.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Abrupt 12hour shifts
Ok
Manager of C.T (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Busy, some stress,

Management, about quota.

Ok environment but ready to name fault.

Security, a job.

Enjoyable, the patients.

Mistakes are punitive.
Very good team players.
Nurse Tech level 3 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2017
The work environment was very balanced. It had great team players. The workplace culture enabled balance between work and personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job was patients being satisfied with the care given.
great place to work
OB Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Was a great place to work. Like the people . If the labor and delivery department was still open I would work there again if given the chance. The doctors and staff was fun a to work with.
Pros
good staff
Cons
traffic was bad
good job, caring for patients was the primary goal
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
It was a great JOB UNTIL THEY CLOSED THE MOTHER-BABY unit and we were pulled to units we were not familiar with. Report received, meet patiemts,serve bkf./am care, give meds, do orders, post op care
Pros
loved my patients
Cons
stressful, being pulled
Teamwork at this employer was a pleasure to be a part of.
Nurse Technician/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
Park Plaza Hospital is a rewarding place to work. A typical day at work consisted of caring for Mothers postpartum and newborn babies. I learned to work well with a very diversified workplace.
Pros
The incentives, Birthday Celebratioms
Cons
Extremely busy days.
Productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77004May 31, 2017
Challenging each day was able to show my work ethics and prove myself to be dependable for myself as well as others. Loved the patients the workers and etc.
Pros
Fast pace
Great place to work...
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
I had fun working with this company. I had great benefits and fun coworkers to work with.The managers were great and very verbal when letting us know the day to day and always keeping us in the know.
Pros
meet new people everyday
Cons
always busy
Horrible
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
I would not advise anyone to work here. Without my department the hospital would go insane, but yet we do not get treated fairly. We do not have breaks, we cannot leave the office, and supervisors only thing about themselves when scheduling and show favoritism to other employees. Do not waste your time applying.
it is a supportive environment to work
Clinical Educator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
it is a good company to work for. I received support from management team. My Chief Nursing Officer was especially supportive for her staff development and growth.
Pros
supportive Chief Nursing Officer
Cons
travel distance and working hours inflexibility
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
Learned time management, workflow, emphasis of quality of patient care, and continued education. Management was open to suggestions of workers and made the environment interesting.
Compensations have been good. Originally, family oriented, times change, circumstances change, atmosphere has changed more to a "Bottom Line" attitude
Quality, POCT, Competency, Pathology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2017
Compensation is good.
There are opportunities, on an occasion, to recognize co-workers for a job well-done if one has the time to offer the compliment.
There are community educational programs offered for certain health matters.
There are outstanding physicians with whom we all work.
The location of the facility is very good and staff parking, in a, close to downtown location is free. Extra nice.
There are many excellent services offered as a part of the corporation, some may be a part of sending samples to reference facilities, but many are performed within the hospital itself.
There are personnel who truly care for each co-worker and patients and physicians. And these personnel truly make coming to work a blessing.

Atmosphere has changed from "Family and Friends" atmosphere where "Team Effort" was extremely important to a more "Corporate, "Bottom-Line" matters most.
Lean staffing creates issues of: Hard work going unnoticed, Valiant efforts falling to the wayside, Cordiality is a thing of the past unless it is done to be seen, rather than true concern.
Lean is an ideal to be pursued, but not at the expense of quality
Pros
Compensation/Free Parking/Educational assistance/Good vision insurance
Cons
Lean/Time off difficult/Lack of recognition
Best Workplace
Lead Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
I truly enjoyed Park Plaza Hospital. The surgeons were always willing to help and teach you the different surgeries that were being performed. They always had your back no matter what the situation.
Work place is productive
SPD Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Park plaza is a good place to work. The environment is pleasant. My supervisor was very loyal to his employee. My co workers was very pleasant to work with.
Pros
Free lunches free dress day
Cons
Short break
n/a
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
The job was easy fun, great experience, eas a little unorganized to be a hospital. The people was good people to work with and fun, just unorganized.
Nice place to work at times
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
I like working here but they were kinda of unorgainzed at times but overall friendly workers and will return if interested in that particular area . Excellent benefits
Company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
This hospital has changed it's not the old hospital it use to be, the business has slowed down and the employees are not as happy as we use to be, it really needs to change.
Productive Environment
Surgical Educational Specialist /Manage/Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2017
Each day was an early start at 6:20 am. Learned to work with staff to improve their skills in the operating room and gaining the confidence of the surgeons. Promoted from Educator to Manager, soon realized I didn't want this role, surgeons and upper leadership felt I would do well. Culture was mixed, but easy to work with the team. Hardest part was keeping up the demanding surgeons and making the best decisions with ordering equipment and supplies.
Enjoyed working with the staff and surgeons and at times doing surgical procedures.
Pros
Free lunches and many inservices.
Cons
Meeting staffing needs daily.
Park Plaza was my first job out of nursing school
Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I completed a Critical Care internship there right out of nursing school, and it was excellent. I stayed for years, and loved the small boutique environment. Unfortunately, it was sort of swallowed up by the huge hospitals down the street in the medical center.