Park Ridge Health Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Payroll Representative (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCSeptember 14, 2017
It has been a pleasure having the opportunity to be able to work in a Christian and caring environment. Great experience. There have always been support when needed. We are family.
I enjoyed my job and the people I work with
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCAugust 3, 2017
My coworkers are fun and easy to get along with and my supervisor is always willing to help and give good insight when problems arise. I wish AP wasn't being sent to Corporate so that I could stay.
For a religious based institution, it does not practice what it preaches
previous RN (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 14, 2017
The most difficult part of the job is working with non-professionals. A bullying environment with management and HR not addressing the issues. Communication poor .

DO NOT APPLY.
Pros
MD's knowledgable and caring.
Cons
Bad working culture with non-professionals and lack of management !!!!
fun workplace
Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJune 20, 2017
Awesome workplace. Benefits are amazing staff there are nice to work with. Management are awesome here.Hours are not bad and everyone works together as a team.
Productive day at work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work is coming in and getting work station prepared with the proper paperwork for each patient that will be coming in the day of appointment. Normally, it starts by phone calls then checking in patients, checking insurance, collecting copayments and ect. Some days are slower than others, but by the end of the day I have had an interesting event come up.
Lean Transformation
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCApril 25, 2017
"Lean Transformation" went from the bottom and never reached the top. Ancillary staff are minimally staffed with increasing work loads and no support from Administration. The gap between those two is beyond belief.
Pros
Great Cafe
Cons
Doesn't provide resources to succeed.
Nice place to work
Front Desk/ Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 9, 2017
Management is nice. the co workers were very helpful. had great benefits. a great place to learn new things. doctors are very nice to work with. I loved working there.
Pros
to far to drive
Cons
great lace to learn new things and benefits
AR rep
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 4, 2017
Worked patient accounts. Having a flexible schedule to be able to attend my daughters programs and school and be with her if she was sick. The hardest part of the job was trying to get through to the Insurance companies in a timely manner or having them return your calls.
Sorry I took this job.
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 29, 2017
I will be leaving this place very soon. I work in the PFS division. We are overwhelmed and overworked and not appreciated. Management is not positive and does not care at all about the work/life balance they talked about in interview. After working here I understand now why I was told that previous employees have just walked out. Every week we get emails with more people quitting. Save yourself and don't come to work here.
Pros
Had a window in office.
Cons
Management, workload, and long hours.
Productive and caring health care facility
Practice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCMarch 29, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Park Ridge. I had the opportunities for advancement and was given promotions.
Working for Park Ridge allowed me to be my "best self" when dealing with patients either direct or indirect.
The management team always had "an open door" policy which made it comfortable when you needed to address any issues that arose.
I would have to say that the hardest part of my job was when it came to disciplinary actions that had to be taken.
The part I loved best was getting to know the staff on a personal level and able to keep work and personal life separate.
Pros
Friendliness and caring of and from the staff to their peers and patients
Cons
short lunch breaks
no advancement/poor mgmt/no accountability/ employees were great
CMA (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 3, 2017
I worked for PRH for a little while. It was a very stressful place to work. There was no accountability, they allowed employees to do wrong over and over again. The workload was horrendous, I could never get my work done and it really bothered me because patients needed things. I also only had an average of 20 minutes a day for lunch. I was told to just get as much done in the 8 hrs a day that I could. Mgmt. was unsupportive for the issues that we had to deal with everyday. The positive side was the patients and the opportunity to help them. The employees overall were great to work with. The pay raises were a joke as well as the insurance. I learned a lot there and could have learned more had things been different. The only way I would go back is if I had a desk job and it was in writing.
Pros
employees that are willing to train and teach
Cons
mgmt/pay/benefits/workload
Christian Hospital Fighting Repeat Scandals
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJuly 26, 2016
Park Ridge Health has been struggling with their public image after repeated controversies. The equipment I used shocked me daily with electrical sparks and my supervisor did not see it as a problem. Incompetent management combined with a lack of promotion opportunities, it can be a stressful place to work. But they have free coffee.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor Facilities and Management
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 23, 2016
Park ridge is a great company to work for. The cafe in the hospital is decent most days and the management teams are supportive. Its hard to move up in the company and the pay is not competitive.
Pros
Fridays end at noon in most offices
Cons
Pay
Old school mentality, no room for advancement
Patient Account Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCMarch 2, 2016
management is inconsistent and innovative ideas are not considered. Dress code is very specific and strict. management shows favoritism and the HR department is nonexistent. Old building with bugs and visible mouse traps.
Felt Like Home
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 25, 2016
I work in Neurology for an amazing doctor, amongst amazing coworkers. I wouldn't trade this experience or memories for anything.
Enjoyed the experiences there with incoporating the faith aspect with the patients.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville NCJuly 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time there. I was able to cross train in the office I worked in. I enjoyed going to different departments and learning more about healthcare.
Pros
Was able to cross train and learn from these experiences.
Cons
Pay rate was not top pay for the expected work.
Challenging, fun, friendly and great work enviornment
Patient Refund Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 23, 2015
Worked daily reports processing patient refund checks and the transfer of patient credits to existing outstanding account balances. Continued to update my billing skills through training. Great management and well rounded office group. Everyone supported each other in all aspects of the billing process.
Pros
Flexible hours
NextGen Quality Support Team
NextGenTraining Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 4, 2015
I float from office to office training individuals and reorganizing workflow to optimize the patient experience. I work closely with C-Level Management, Providers, and office staff to ensure all areas of training and Federal and State requirements are met.

Lack of accountability greatly hinders the training experience by minimizing the consequences of the end users for following the gold standard of workflow.
Benefits
Cons
Co-Workers Negativity and Superiority
Faith based company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Obtaining and tracking daily vitals in EMR, daily venipuncture, triaging patients, EKG’s, immunizations, injections, small procedures, daily patient communication, referrals, Rx refills, reporting patient lab results, ordering lab and office supplies, answering phones, faxing, billing, daily cleaning of patient rooms, eye exams, hearing tests
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Lack of communication
Brownberger bldg is AWFUL!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCSeptember 21, 2014
Everything in that building is old and broken. It smells and everyone is always sick. The parking is the worst. The management is awful and treat you like a bunch of idiots. My 1st week my supervisor said I was going to be her little minion. Uh what? Dreaded everyday I had to get up and go to work. Your personal health insurance (minus dental, vision and disability) costs you over 200 a month and the raises are a joke. .5 to 1%, but if you were stuck up your supervisor's buttocks you got 2.5 (actually saw written proof of that from the buttocks kisser herself). If you followed their faith you had it a little easier but not much. They don't even treat their own right. Sad depressing place to work. I hear McDonalds is hiring.
Pros
a job
Cons
everything else