Park Ridge Park District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
na
Building Attendant/Pool Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJanuary 14, 2018
It is a great place to work at. Most part-timers just work with a full-timer and assist them in their day to day activities. The place is split up into buildings and grounds.
Excellent culture
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILDecember 26, 2017
Hard work, excellent support staff and management. Doesnt pay the best, but has an amazing "feel" and business culture. Employees are trained and customer service, both internal and external, is a priority.
productive, and good way to make money and take care of your day
Garbage collector (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILDecember 14, 2017
Park Ridge park district was an average place to work at, starts early in the day and you get off around 3 or 3:30.wide range of different jobs to do there. from a the grass crew to some construction, to maintaining the public pools, to getting garbage from the cans.
Slow paced, but great job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILOctober 30, 2017
I've been working here a month as an office assistant, and I have to say, my days are pretty relaxing for the most part. There are days where it can get busy but for the most part, it's a great job. I get fair amount of hours, which is good cause I am a full time student so they work with my schedule. My manager is amazing, she's the best. I'd recommend working with the district, great people.
fun place
Taekwondo Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILApril 28, 2017
overall fun place to work. coworkers would take time out to feel out what was going on in a given situation. fairly smoothly run in order to get the work done.
Promoting safety in a fun work environment
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Swim Coach (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILAugust 26, 2013
Typical day included opening the pool around five in the morning, doing a chemical reading for the pool, checking first aid, AED, and oxygen. I lifeguarded the pool during both quiet and busy hours. I learned from my management about being prompt to every shift, being confident in my first aid and CPR skills, and being personable to the pool patrons. I also learned how to work well with my fellow co-workers. The hardest part was dividing my time between lifeguarding, teaching lessons, and coaching swim team. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing first aid when needed and promoting safety.