Park Royal Hospital

Park Royal Hospital Employee Reviews

Corporate Destruction
Employee (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: you have a job
Cons: you will not be happy working here.
The hospital was taking off and growing, but Acadia Management has destroyed a wonderful hospital. Employees are so unhappy. People's jobs getting cut. Valued positions not compensated on a yearly basis. Favorites getting bonuses. Games played. My advice is not to work here until the hospital is sold to another organization.
Awful. Nightmarish. I Am So Ready To Leave This Place
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: helps seniors with medicare.
Cons: extremely dysfunctional from the management team all the up to their parent company, acadia healthcare, llc.
I have worked here a couple of years now and there still remains a significant disconnect in communication, and leadership with management, and other departments within Park Royal Hospital. There is high turnover rate due to poor moral, disorganization, and dysfunctional management. I am actively looking to work somewhere else. I am afraid this company is on the verge of going-out- of business due to having a very low census over the past 18 months. There is a lot of infighting and back-stabbing that goes on here. The DON was recently let go. She was verbally abusive, and went out of her way to make it a nightmare for the staff under her. Their parent company, Acadia Healthcare, still has not provided a real, working EMR system. Everything is documented on paper forms, which then have to be physically placed in the patient chart on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The records department is hostile and uncooperative. They remove any charts from the floors early in the morning, and if you don’t have your piece of documentation in there already, good luck on having them pull or find the chart for you. Lee Memorial Health has now opened a Behavioral Health unit which is significantly taking away referrals from Park Royal-referrals they used to receive on a regular basis from Lee Memorial. I work in a very small room with several other employees. The working environment is very crowded, noisy, and not in any way conducive to working productively. I hope I can leave this facility as soon as possible.
Something new hapopens every day, a great learning place
UR Specialist (Former Employee), FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: no day ever the sqame, and the psychiatrists are great to worl with
Cons: too much politics that tend to send moral low
Pateints range from Mentally Ill to Dual Dagnosis, to geriatric. No day was the same. New CEO is good man, but like in every business there is much in the way of politics. Raises are few but they do have quratley days where they provied meals for staff.
In a Few Words - Don't Work Here.
Anonymous -To avoid possible retribution. (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: poor pay, poor management, and deplorable working conditions.
Very poorly managed facility from its inception. They did not adequately anticipate the amount of competition in Lee County, and surrounding areas for mental health/substance abuse treatment. Recently they had to lay-off, send employees home w/o pay, or otherwise let employees go due to not having enough patients under their roof to treat. They call it “restructuring.”
They are trying to expand too fast in my opinion, and when their parent company, Acadia Healthcare, finally ceases with its voracious acquisition of other companies to the tune of billions-of-dollars, their earnings-per-share will no longer beat consensus estimates. They are more focused on acquisitions then employee retention, patient care or improving their facility.
In my opinion, CMS should be investigating their Medicare license. Why am I still here? Because SWFL has the worst employers of any state I’ve ever worked in. They immediately view their employees as a liability because they have to pay them, (and very little at that), every two weeks.
I hope for the best, but expect the worst for this company. Don’t believe anything Wall Street says about this company. They are also only interested in making money by any means possible.

February 5, 2015

Also wanted to comment that this is the greediest company I have ever worked for. They make Gordon Gekko look like a philanthropist. I am finally leaving this facility. Good riddance!

Great Job
Discharge Planner (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2015
This has been an awesome company to work for! It has given me the opportunity to grow by leaps and bounds within the mental health career. Administration staff has made sure that I am adequately trained and able to do my job in any capacity.
Caring and Devoted Mental Health Facility
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 5, 2014
All of the staff members at Park Royal have a passion for what they do. Whether they are nurses, HR assistants or even receptionists, they all love what they do. Every person on the management team is great. They lead our company well. I absolutely love my direct supervisor. She is a blast to work for! She is the best professional mentor I have ever had. I have learned so much working at Park Royal Behavioral Heath Services. I have learned so much about the Mental Health field as well as Marketing and Public Relations and Administration.
Good place to work for the short time I was there
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Ft Myers, FlSeptember 11, 2014
It was just a short assignment for the hollidays and end of year.
Employees are nice but upper management has poor management skills
Staff Accountant/Asst Controller (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: health insurance, dental, vision
Cons: no 401k matchings
Employees are nice but upper management has poor management skills
Horrible
Mental health tech (Former Employee), Ft Myers, FloridaApril 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: everything else
I worked night shift for three weeks and that was enough. The "Mental health technician" position is really a CNA. I had no training and was put into a position of changing diapers, taking vitals while taking orders from people while they either sleep, read books or play on their phones. Do your research before taking a job at this place.
I can't believe that their doors are still open
Mental Health tech (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FlJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: making a difference in the patients lives, meeting some new people
Cons: they believe in treating you like dirt, they care nothing about the patients, they will walk you out in a heart beat, the nurses lie on you, folks sleep on the job, they believe in giving sexual offenders second chances...
Its a dump to work... They believe in giving sexual offenders second chances but the employees that do their jobs are the ones that they will fire in heart beat.. They love playing around with your schedule, they believe in allowing you to drive way out there and at the last moment they tell you to go home because the census is low... The whole management team needs to go and some of the freaking drunk nurses that shows up to work drunk... They will lie on you, they will stick you with 20 plus baker acted patients by yourself and give you a load of work to do... they don't believe in team work... I can't believe that they have allowed their doors to stay open... There is so much bull that goes on out there, you will be shock... Not to mention Nurses that aren't qualified to do their jobs... Most of the time the mental health techs are doing the nurses assessments on the patients, the blood draws, ekg's and etc.. They force medication into patients against their will... the list goes on... They believe in violating patients rights across the board... the list could go on,
Great Work Place
Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: fast pace keeps me busy
Cons: management changes
I'm currently on the 2nd shift (known as the busiest shift) I love my job & what I do. Over the passed year of employment I've learn a lot about the disease "Dementia" & how to deal with individuals suffering from it. I for the most part am a team player & get along well with my coworkers. What I enjoy most is the fact that I can have an opportunity in helping my patients get better, just knowing I was a part of their recovery makes me happy.
Stay away from this job
Charge Nurse 2E (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 29, 2013
This place does not care about its employees at all and as for patients they only care about you for the insurance. As soon as the patient's insurance was gone, I was told to get them out as soon as possible. If they do not have insurance admissions tries to get them anywhere but there. The benefits are okay but everything else is bad. They try to get staff to a minimum and do not care about safety for the employees. The management is not well developed and are all for personal gain.
Critical service for Southwest Florida
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 30, 2013
The establishment of Park Royal Hospital was critical for improving behavioral health for the area. We successfully initiated that process to poise the organization for future success.
Good Job
MHT PRN (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 1, 2013
I love my job at Park Royal hospital, the management teams are great

About Park Royal Hospital

Park Royal Hospital provides life-changing care to adults who need help coping with life’s challenges. As one of the newest – Read more