Park University

Park University Employer Reviews

Just a nice environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Parkville, MOAugust 29, 2014
I work by contract for Park University. Often there are not enough classes for all the instructors of Language; that is my job. For this reason it becomes an unstable place for work while we, the instructors, depend on the classes available to teach in a particular term.
Otherwise, Park has a good environment for work but I still feet competing with – more... my colleagues in order to be chosen to teach a class. – less
Positive and motivating workplace
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTJuly 28, 2014
Park University has helped me set career goals and a focus for the future. It enhanced the motivation I already had while mastering the position's core requirements.
Kind staff
Instructor (Former Employee), Goodfellow AFB, TXJuly 14, 2014
Management was great to work with and always willing to listen.
Productive, positive working environment
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Parkville, MOJuly 12, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: moderate pay scale
Park University is still adjusting to providing a strong online education system in relationship with it's longstanding traditional Liberal Arts tradition. The work is fast paced, but the environment is welcoming. Park University also offers a beautiful campus and although fast paced there is still strong work/life balance culture.
Great employer! Fantastic mentors and wonderful management staff. Flexible and excellent benefits package!
Campus Center Director (Former Employee), Parkville, MOJune 23, 2014
Pros: benefits package!
Cons: salary was a little low for the amount of work required.
Full time staff only work 37.5 hours per week. However, some days do require more for the Campus Director. Park University is a tremendous place to work, and as the Campus Director for Malmstrom AFB, I adored my job! Vacation package is fabulous, 4 weeks per year, and the rest of the benefits are wonderful as well!
Great small University with a personal touch.
Adjunct online psychology instructor (Current Employee), Parksville, MOJune 10, 2014
Congenial team! Teaching online allows you the opportunity to teach any time during the day and from nearly every location online where the internet is accessible.
Good place to meet be around a plethora of cultures and experience ways others see the world.
Internship-Promotions & Sales Department (Former Employee), Parkville, MOApril 23, 2014
Park University has a great base for networking and experiencing diversity at its best. I wish the classes were larger, but overall I am a better person for have earning my degree from there.
Lay offs
Assistant Campus Center Director (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAApril 1, 2014
Great company to work for. But just recieved an e-mail saying that they are trying to save money and will be conducting lay offs soon.
Bad Culture
Associate Director of Student Financial Services (Current Employee), Parkville, MissouriFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: insurance benefits and vacation
Cons: bad personel culture and environment
The culture of Park University is not the best for employee engagement or satisfaction. One month after starting my position here I was moved to a different position with completely different expectations. I felt very much like I had been involved in a bait and switch.

The staff are very entitlement oriented and difficult to work with as they are not – more... team focused.

The institution has a lot of division and lack collaboration on systems used, processes or policies.

From my experience thus far, I feel that the four weeks of vacation I received will never realistically be able to be utilized due to low staffing and personel issues.

I have learned that for profit education and not-for-profit are very similar in that they are both very numbers driven - simply different numbers. I feel very strongly that for-profit have much better team work and better business models in place. – less
I'm on the way
Full-time Student (Current Employee), Beaufort, SCJanuary 17, 2014
I have been attending Park for the past 2yrs and have loved every moment of it. The instructors are some of the best that I've come across. Even though I'm attending a satellite school, it's more convenient for me to travel and balance my daily life as a single parent. The faculty have played a pivotal role in my success.
Life in the Air Force
Trained as HR Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: i loved it, i got my education and i got paid along the way.
Cons: no cons
I loved it, I got my education and I got paid along the way. Never ending opportunities. Provided technical training. Free Education with TA. GI Bill to further education after service. Excellent leadership, managerial, and supervisory training.
Productive work place.
ADVISOR / ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXNovember 20, 2013
Pros: floating holidays
Cons: healthcare
Throughout the day I am faced with the same tasks of advising and certifying students. Management is always positive and assists with any questions fellow employees may have. During high enrollment is when our office is faced with an overwhelming volume of students looking to register. The most satisfying part of my job is helping someone else reach – more... their full academic potential. – less
Lunch parties, Birthday celebration for each member staff
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 29, 2013
Good place to work in and enjoy to help student with issues. Great boss I ever had.
Park University
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXAugust 6, 2013
This job was awesome and I wish that I didn't have to leave. Unfortunately, due to relocation from the Air Force, I had to come back to Georgia.

Shawndra, my supervisor, had faith in me to do my job and offered me the opportunity to further my education as well as progress up the ladder in the office.

I miss this place everyday.
Graduate Education
Program Manager - MHA (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2013
Pros: flexiblity
I enjoy working with the students
I am learning alot about accrediation
I enjoy my co-workers, we have a great working relationship
I enjoy the flexiblity within the department
Aviation Structural Mechanic
Internship at the Fishburn Archives (Former Employee), ArchivestJuly 14, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: beaurocracy
I spent five years in the Navy learning airframes and hydraulics, I actually spent equally as much on my certifications. Unfortunately these same qualifications do not transfer to the civilian world.
Great!
Temporary Assistant Campus Director (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2013
I had an awesome boss, I loved the people. The Marines were awesome to work with and I really learned a lot!
Great working atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Parkville, MOJune 26, 2013
Cons: pay lower than many institutions
Working with military members, their families and civilians is rewarding.
Part/Full time student
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Randolph AFB, TXDecember 14, 2012
During this time, I have been working on completing my Bachelor's Degree in Social Psychology.
Great School
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Scott AFB, ILDecember 12, 2012
Pros: excellent school.
Park University has served as a great institution for me as a student and now as an Adjunct Instructor. It has afforded me the opportunity to give back the same quality education I was given while attending.

About Park University

Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree – Read more