Parker Aerospace Employee Reviews

Call Center Customer Service
Customer Service/Phone Opeartor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 14, 2017
Aerospace Engineering Company, Answer high volume of calls. Help and assist customers calls and take messages. Help with ordering parts. placing orders.
All business
Sr. Assembler/Tester (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GA 31021June 7, 2017
I go into work at 10:00 at night, We always stretch before starting our shift. I've only been with them a few months, I've been really surprised at the great training program. Since I'm on night shift I don't see a lot of management, The workplace is really all business as long as your doing your job all is well. I have to say night shift is a tuff shift, but quitting time is my best part of the day
Satisfying work and good work atmosphere
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA, USAJune 1, 2017
Company offers challenging and rewarding work in the aerospace industry.
Cutthroat Atmosphere
System Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2017
Management pits everyone against each other here. I was in fear for my job from Day 1 till the day I was laid off. You spend 70% of your time covering yourself so that somebody who is doing a poor job cannot put management attention on you in order to save themselves. I've never worked in a more hostile environment, and I've worked in retail. Blast email arguments, other employees taking credit for your work, employees framing each other for not getting stuff done, absolutely nutty progress expectations; I felt like I was working in a mental hospital. How could they let it get that bad? Here you have a company with an excellent reputation and a history, and they are having to bus in H1B visas to cover for all the ill advised layoffs and firings over misspellings in emails.
lance brooks
Tester/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 8, 2017
Objective:

To gain a position and establish a career where my managerial qualities of a fast learner and the ability to take on new challenges can be used.
Great company to fresh-grad to gain experience
Hardware Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2017
Traditional Asian company with lot of space to develop skill set and experience. Employees are easy going with lot of potential to grow for either the company and employee.
Pros
Good work life balance, half outdoor informal basketball court
Cons
Salary lower than industy level
Used to be a great company
PP&C (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2017
Used to be a great company....
Ive worked at Parker for more than 20 years. Ive seen all the changes. The people are great and work very hard. The management is very political and ruining the company. There is no work life balance. Benefits are ok, but pay raises are max 2% per year
Pros
Profit Sharing, The people
Cons
Poor work life balance, advance opportunities, Pay
great place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAApril 5, 2017
the people there were like family and we all worked together,every one had their jobs to do and if they we had free time we would help another worker that might be behind a little.
Pros
management was great
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to work for. Everyone is friendly and everyone pulls together as a team. The management team was beyond helpful with getting me trained.
Review
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 6, 2017
The company is great to work for. I've had a very enjoyable time while working there. It was a hard decision in 2011 to leave the company. I'd go back if the right opportunity comes along.
Surface Dynamics
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GADecember 7, 2016
Too much micromanaging constant interference from parent company. no making decisions on own everything went through parent company. Great people. would not recommend.
Pros
People
Cons
Leadership
Ft Worth Plant is a Horrible work ienviornment
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 9, 2016
The company is a great company to work for, but the Ft Worth plant is poorly run. Management doesn't listen or care about employees. The pay is significantly under industry standards across the board, and their dedication to quality is lacking at best.
College Senior Design team worked with Parker Aerospace
Senior Design Team (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJuly 19, 2016
Responsible for Tribology research for Parker Aerospace using SolidWorks 2009 and MatLAB programs. Provided programming and machined parts designed to test the stress point/breaking point of aerospace parts. Calibrated sensors combined with modern data acquisition systems to test the friction that was being done on the aerospace parts via substituting different materials.
Fast Paced and Professional Environment
IT Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2016
Parker Aerospace was one of the most efficiently run companies I have worked at. The IT Department is located it it's own enclosed environment making it great atmosphere for focusing on IT Tasks without distractions.

Parker Aerospace is a very large facility located near the Irvine Spectrum. Great weather year round and one the best cafeteria staffs you will ever meet.
Pros
Truly enjoyed the fast paced and military like facility
Cons
No budget for more permanent positions. Majority of the staff is contractors.
Progressive
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2016
This is a place where there is room for improvement. The company is very productive/profitable and see the need to lean out multiple areas.
Wonderful place to work
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I was hired as temporary help to fill in for a planner out on medical leave. Even though the job was only for 3 months, the planners were patient and thorough in my training to assure I could provide maximum assistance. This continued right up to the last day. I felt welcomed and important and did my very best for them.

I assisted with checking material availability, releasing jobs to the floor, and resolving minor issues. This involved learning four or five different software tools. The job was detailed but I felt successful and supported.

The job was interesting but the best part of the place was the people who worked there. The hardest part of the job was leaving it.
Pros
Excellent training. They make sure you are up to speed
Cons
It was only a temporary position
Enjoyed to content of my position and the team I worked with
Configuration Management, Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 1, 2016
A very good team to work with; exceptional engineering department. A company with strong values and focus on High Performance Teams made working together more effective.
Assignments were interesting.
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 16, 2015
Assisted senior Test Engineer with the development of ATE for eye surgery equipment.

Had varied assignments: 1.) building test fixtures, 2.) performing validation tests, 3.) ordering required parts, and 3.) contacting subcontractors during failure analysis.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Poor Job Culture, Weak Management, Incompetent Business Team
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 29, 2015
Lots of responsibility because management is unwilling to make executive decisions. Lots of inter-office finger-pointing trying to assign blame between departments. Job culture was poor with lots of people who were unwilling to take ownership of their responsibilities. Management facilitated this behavior frequently by making excuses for these individuals. Business Team is incompetent and frequently underbids programs resulting in agreements where new products are sold under the cost it takes to make the product
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Weak management, low compensation
Big company ran like a mom and pop shop.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasJuly 2, 2015
The management team is too worried about their own careers and don't pay attention to many employees with lots of experience and knowledge in the aerospace industry.
Pros
Moral lunches.
Cons
Bully leaders.