Parker Drilling Company

Parker Drilling Company Employer Reviews

Ground Floor Opportunities in Well Established Drilling Company
Attorney (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: room for growth and advancement; great experience
Cons: sometimes, you have to do a lot of work to get that great experience
There are some changes taking place at Parker Drilling, and while some people might view that situation negatively, this is a great place to work for those people looking for an opportunity to prove themselves and see what they are capable of. The change is all for the better - management may not always get it right 100% of the time, but you can tell – more... that they are doing what they believe is best for the business, the employees and the customers. – less
Pathetic Management/No Direction
HR (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: lunches
Cons: cheap christmas parties, low morale, high turnover
Upper Management cannot pull it together! They under pay, treat employees like dirt and will work you until the decide to hire someone cheaper. Human Resources is clueless, and not focused on employees. Stay away!
Technical services Engineers for Oil and Gas (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great snacks
Cons: not willing to hire contracts
management needs training. Business is really slow in Document Control. I've learned about Structual, Mechanical and Electrical drawings. The co-workers are great and fun.
very boring
roustabout (Former Employee), new iberia, laFebruary 12, 2014
work long shifts on ur feet and during the winter it gets really cold.
Good job with good pay.
Roustabout/ Roughneck (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAJanuary 31, 2014
The job was great, but Parker lacks the new, up to date, equipment making some jobs harder than they have to be.
HR Consultant
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, new learning experience
Cons: contract basis so no benefits
On a contract basis, provided Parker Drilling with assistance on updating and/or creating competitively benchmarked job descriptions and assisted in the review and revision of current policies and procedures.

This was my first opportunity in the oil and gas industry, so I learned a great deal about a new industry and the significant differences from – more... hospitality. – less
Okay place to work
Roustabout (Former Employee), LouisianaJanuary 17, 2014
Good place to work management is okay. No hard part of the day. I learned how to deal with management.
oil field
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: everything good about the job
Cons: having to be away from family 2 weeks at a time
tripping pipe and throwing thongs , it is a hard job but very physical and was enjoyable, most of my co workers where great , there is not only one part of the job that was hard it is all hard.
Very laid back, boats could be updated, but part for the coarse.
100 ton Master/ 200Ton Mate (Current Employee), New Iberia, LADecember 14, 2013
This Is A Good Company As A Twilight Type Job. Laid Back, But Strenuous A T Times.
Just OK
HR Operations Field Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2013
Pros: quarterly lunches
Cons: too many office politics and favoritism
Lots of room for improvement. Overall outdated, poor technology, low salaries, lots of politics, poor employee relations.
working in the outdoors
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Casper, WYSeptember 6, 2013
drilling,tripping,cleaning,working with some good people,all ways something to learn each day
My Second Drilling Job
Sr. Warehouseman (Former Employee), Al Khobar, Saudi ArabiaAugust 18, 2013
Pros: nice camp food and celebration of events liberally
Cons: good healthcare
This was my second Drilling contractor in Saudi Arabia. I joined this company for betterment of my job. The company newly lunched during that time in Saudi a Joint Venture with Al Rushaid Group. I work all day week 12 x 7 days and my rotation was 70/35.

I experienced high level of demands in my job in supply chain, I setup a warehouse and I was in – more... charge of all materials required for that 6 rig project. My responsibilities include Procurement, Rig supply, certifications, equipment rentals, etc.

I have co workers from Saudi, Indians, Philippines, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, America, Canada, G. Briton, Australia, Norwegians etc

The overall management performance was poor, without proper employee management, hiring strategies, supervision and training.
. . – less
Cheap Cheap
Derrick Hand (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
Cons: having to purchase my own boots and fcr clothing
Rigs are not keep up and hands are treated like dirt. Can get laid off before the company hits the boat. Cheap company would try to layoff hands for two days then call them back to work just to save some change.
Excellent Rig Contracting company
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
Pros: solid rig fleet
Cons: occaisionally having to turn a good client down
Placed barge and land drilling fleet with term contracts with a diverse Oil and Gas operator base. Good CEO/Chairman and equally reputable co workers and management. High utilization numbers resulted in turning some good clients down in some cases. Working with a company with a great industry enabled success.
ok company to work for
Floor hand (Former Employee), fouchon laApril 12, 2013
I was a sub for parker drilling working as a floor hand and a rostabout as needed and on call
Awesome company to work for
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 2, 2012
Pros: lunch and learn
Very busy office, co-workers are so nice. Easy to work with would love to work for the company permited.
Excellent drilling contractor to work for
CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Tulsa, OK & Kazackstan & YemenMay 25, 2012
Excellent Oil & Gas drilling contractor to work for. They are concerned about their employees, especially in foreign countries.
Gave me the opportunity to see a different work environment
Temporary File Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TxMay 22, 2012
Pros: more professional work environment
Cons: obviously it was just a temporary job
This job was at my mother's company. Their full-time assistant retired and they needed someone to come in and make the new years files. Luckily this happened right after I was laid off at my previous job, Compass Drilling Solutions. My duties were mainly to create the vast amount of new tax files they needed for the new year as well as filing away any – more... files that had been left behind, clean up the file room and open and distribute the mail as well as anything else that was needed for the employees of the tax department. This job was a good job to keep me busy and give me yet more experience in a different work environment. – less
Company is a good place to work for
SENIOR RIG ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Wafra field in Kuwait/Saudi arabiaMay 14, 2012
Pros: i can be a good place to be if
Cons: it move so quick, and sommer time here is hot, pulling all the heavy cables.
During my years in parker drilling I had learn to work in the middle of a Hot dessert, moving the rig every four or five days.
Management is cooperative,
I had really met some good people here at rig 17 easy to get alone,
The hardest part of the Job is the summer time is Hot in Kuwait.
when the rig is break down or waiting for parts, easy gone.
Top notch Drilling Company
Hiring Manager/Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAMay 7, 2012
Pros: working for a leader in drilling
Recruited drilling personnel daily to meet the needs of the Rigs. Solid management team. Staff was second to none.