PARKER Employee Reviews

Productive place with lots of committees for the employees
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSMarch 31, 2013
I have learned alot working at this company and feel I have matured a lot since I first started working here. The Supervisors are great! The hardest part of the job is the obtaining goal every day when your relying on machines that do not always work the same everyday. The enjoyable part of work is the co-workers we are like a little family especially in my department. There is a lot of changes going on currently and a lot of cutbacks placing a hold on moving up.
Pros
air conditioning, free gatorade during summer
Cons
short breaks and designated smoking area on other side of parking lot.
Parker
Operations Manager/ Marketing Business Development (Current Employee) –  Dallas, txMay 6, 2014
The company changed hands while I was there and the reviews stopped as well as the support. The company is still private owned and there is a family that runs the Dallas area. They obviously look out for each other and if you are not in the family you have no chance for advancement. If one has a problem with you then they all do and they will stop all support and you are left to fend for yourself. I loved my other co workers and staff. However the family takes credit for any good work done by the staff.
Do not work here!
Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 30, 2012
Basically, they exploit there financial reps. for contacts. Out of 15 - 20 new reps., I was the only one that lasted longer than a year before finally getting burned-out.

I loved the actually work I was doing. I tried to continue despite the way we were treated. Ultimately, I quit for my own mental well-being.
Pros
the chance to help people with their finances in a meaningful way.
Cons
the management doesn't expect you to last so they don't do much to encourage you.
Very Stressful Work Environment always in fear of losing job.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILJuly 11, 2013
Most days start off well but by the end of the day it gets kind of hectic. My Co Workers were great. I learned that honesty is not the best policy at parker. Most enjoyable part of my parker experience was having sundays off. The hardest part of my job was taking care of co workers who don't have determination to learn and keep up with what is going on.
Pros
good pay
Cons
only 1 break during 8 hour day
Great People
Electronic Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 27, 2015
Great Operating System and Support! Management works with employees on most individual cases with fairness. Work load is dependent on Economy. Fellow techs are really friendly and helpful. This would be my dream job if the workload were consistent. Very professional and yet personable throughout the company! I have nothing but great hopes for this company!
Pros
Management is Great!
Cons
Lack of Work
Ran the thread machine for certain parts.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJune 29, 2015
The job was pretty straight forward and kept me working. Our division made many different parts for valves. I was in charge of putting threads in some parts and my machine was able to run 28 parts in one run, so I would complete maybe 400 or more parts a day when using the thread machine.
Pros
The work kept me going throughout the day.
Cons
Ran the same parts constantly.
its a pretty good part time gig
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAJanuary 15, 2016
just do what your told and you'll be fine like most jobs in this world the rules and easy to follow and the breaks are generous they have a discount plan that is good for teenagers I would recommend this job for high school and college students looking for an easy job that isn't to stressful
Fun place to work.
Word Processor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2014
To be brief, a typical day involves typing and being on the phone.

Most co-workers are fun to work with, and are not "robots."

The hardest part of the job is having to be there at 8:30 a.m.
Pros
casual fridays, tap card reimbursement, get to keep my hmo, older employees are welcomed.
Cons
not much variety in software used.
although fast paced enjoyed the work
Warehouse / Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHNovember 7, 2014
busy is the only way to describe the work but the people I worked with were outstanding and everyone was willing to pitch in and help each other
Pros
excellent benefits including 401k life insurance and vacation
Cons
was really a good place to work
Not really for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 12, 2013
Advertises a work to hire recruitment, but it seems to be pretty rare that this happens. This may be for you if you like variety to see what you may like to do in the future, but they cut me from my job a few weeks before I was eligible for insurance.
GOOD
Mechanical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
Good company to work for. I have learn micromanging my work. Management is very organized and very professional co workers. hardes part of job was to implement true engineering to some of the coworker. communicate with coworker and get done the project.
Good people to work for relaxing place to work.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Deerwood, MNJune 6, 2012
Was a good company to work for was layed off due to the economy and having been there for only four years. Safety was a top priority.
Pros
safety rewards, free meals, grill outs, bonuses
Cons
made it hard to move up.
Good place to work.
Roller & Pointer Operator and Maint. Tech (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KyNovember 8, 2012
Parker-Kalon is a fastener manufacturing facility that has since transferred its jobs to India. It was dirty facility, but I had very good supervisors.
Pros
decent pay, job security
Cons
dirty facility, second shift
Part time only
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 16, 2015
I love working for this company, and only wish that they had more work available. It is hit and miss, and they unfortunately do not have enough contracts to keep me busy in my area.
Pros
Great Everything
Cons
Not enough work to go around
Insurance defense
Personal Injury Insurance Defense (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2013
Great boss and work environment. Support from other staff. A typical day involved transcription, setting appointments, filing, phone communications, interactions with lawyers and clients.
There is work to do when they have it and the benefits aren't bad.
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2015
When there was work you are busy shipping was good. They had benefits to help the employee bonus, free message. When there isn't work to do you get laid off.
productive but very slow
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ilDecember 11, 2014
a typical day at work would be super long, I really didn't learn too much from this place. the management was okay the co workers were lay back. stuff got done just at a slow rate
Productive and fun enviornment.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 25, 2015
• Assemble fitting into various kinds of hoses,
• Trained in 4 different assembly lines
• Quality assurance

An overall great place to work with great management.
productive, safety is number one
Powder coat Technician (Current Employee) –  Kittery, MEJune 10, 2014
on a daily basis we are challenged to ensure a safe work environment while increasing productivity for the best quality to meet customers needs.
Pros
bonuses
Sentry
Lot Manager, and Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLMay 19, 2015
sentry is a part time seasonal job. it does not offer benefits, bonuses, or medical. you get paid for what you work. not recommended to those that can not handle working outside.