Parker Employee Reviews

not a place I would work again
Press Operator, Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 18, 2017
Extremely hard job with unachievable goals for the shift. Very, very hot. Few employees all cut throat for their numbers, floor managers were poor examples of employees, talked behind your back and so on... witnessed a few confrontation take place.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, extreem enviorments, Lazy and hot-headed management
poor management
3th Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 13, 2017
Stressful and poor management. Low pay.
I had lean and 5s training. Learn scheduling and people management. Harder part of my job is that I do not have support from management on important decisions.
Bad Management
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 10, 2017
Superintendent lacked coordination. Severe micromanagement made work more difficult and slow. The company had a culture of harassment and humiliation.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks
Nice Working Enviornment
Pleater operator (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 29, 2017
Fun work place. Supervisor are open minded plenty of over time because of machinery is outdated. The demand for this product is high and sometimes supervisors put a lot of pressure on workers.But we get the job done.
The culture is cutthroat at best.
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 20, 2017
This place treats people like they are disposable. No training, no skills, and they allow senior managers to bully, and intimidate employees. The turnover rate is alarming at best.
Pros
Non
Cons
Horrible work enviroment
Fun Workplace
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 7, 2017
Everyone is awesome to work with and really great . This culture of this business is amazing and I highly suggest working here. While first shift is ideal most starters work through a temp agency via third shift. Advancement is quick however if you wish to work hard.
Pros
Awesome community
Relaxed but fast paced work setting
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 26, 2017
My experience at Warby Parker has been a pleasant one. There are very minimal duties. At the same time, you are busy assisting many different customers.
Pros
Free Snacks, sometimes lunch, nice break times and a 1 hour luch
Fun
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2017
I lived working here I can say I've driven all the new cars I've dreamed of owning. It was a fast paced invironment and the people were hard at times but out was worth it
Great pay
Enrichment Instructor (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 2, 2017
This was a great place to work for the pay. Co-workers and last supervisor was awesome. This is an autocratic work environment which takes direction for every detail from the City Manager. Very low chance for advancement. This is a great place to work for those who like to be told what to do, and like the to sit at your seat working 8 hours a day.
Pros
Great pay, great co-workers.
Cons
Not a place for creativity. Old school mentality work environment. Change is not welcome
Very happy to ve working here.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHApril 6, 2017
Almost 2 years, hoping for 20 more. Started in the Operations department, and now in Division management role. Very happy with career advancement and compensations.
very nice atmosphere
Back Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2017
Hardworking and I learn to delegate a lot of different jobs from each department. It was a fun atmosphere to work at with music and great people. My bosses were the coolest.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
lots of work
Great Management & Training
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
If you're thinking about getting into the recruiting business or are searching for a new firm to call home, Parker+Lynch is a great place to do so. The Division Director is very supportive, honest, and personable (funny). All around good times.
Work Family Environment
Helpdesk Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I enjoy working with a Family Oriented environment. We are a close group that meets weekly to discuss challenges and go over accomplishments. They allow and understand that Family comes first.
Detailed patient care
PA-C (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCSeptember 9, 2016
Practice that sees many DC elite. Provided detailed care and was able to spend ample time with each patient. Working with a team of members with a lot of experience and longstanding patient base.
Productive and fun work place
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 29, 2016
The Manager, Logistics will be responsible for identifying and driving strategies to accelerate the journey for global sourcing and optimization in the category of logistics.
Pros
Great communications between different department
Cons
Dont pay for 30minutes Lunch breack time
A people motivate company
Wireman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2016
You are productive in a casual environment. I learn to apply my skill in a creative matter. I had great support from all management level.My co-worker was very friendly toward easy other. I like to be created in my work but there where a boundary that I had to stay in.
Rohl
Shipping/Packaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2016
Working there isn't too bad. Everything had a balance and it was easy-going to say the least. I enjoyed working there for 9 months. I would go in and start packing and when I get caught up in packing I go to the shipping area and start shipping out the packages, sorted from UPS, US MAIL, FED-EX/EXPRESS; etc. I was effective and quick and like I said, it was an easy going job. Although there were complications due to employee/management relationship and a hostile work area since I was 20 years younger than most of the employees. Sensed hostility whenever I would always go in. I eventually quick because I couldn't stand to work in that area anymore.
Pros
Learning experience, Several breaks
Cons
hostile work area
great work place
hydro tester (Former Employee) –  Alliance, NEMarch 4, 2016
testing diferent size hose with high pressure water and removing pipes for hoses and removing water with air and sponges and great people working with me
Pros
lunches for outside the plant
Cons
short break
productivity is king. Once we had a two hour lunch
tool cutter grinder manual and cnc (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Parker had just bought P. G. I., 3 years ago. I like to think they had good plans and promised a lot. They are a world wide organisation that believes in Lean production. Parker brings lots of sales and productivity charts. I believe they have a good bonus plan, but since the oil crises every thing went south and they laid off lots of people. (I really do not have a good idea how Parker really is). Once, we had a two hour lunch
Pros
bonuses were O K. at first. bacations were good
Cons
insurance was high. sick day were not paid
its a pretty good part time gig
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAJanuary 15, 2016
just do what your told and you'll be fine like most jobs in this world the rules and easy to follow and the breaks are generous they have a discount plan that is good for teenagers I would recommend this job for high school and college students looking for an easy job that isn't to stressful