Parkhurst Dining Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2018
There a great company to work for! They truly do fresh food and treat you well. Management really does care about you! I really can't say enough good about this company!
Pros
Good company to work for!
Cons
Stressful . Alot of hours
Fresh Cooking
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Working at Parkhurst has been a great experience. Everything we do here is from scratch, examples are soups, sauces, never frozen grill items, fresh pizza dough. Catering change on a daily basis so i was able to work with different food groups.
Pros
great workplace
Cons
Good Company that actually cares about its team
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Allegheny County, PAJanuary 21, 2018
I never felt like an expendable employee or a cog in the corporate machine. The corporate team is accessible to kitchen staff and that means a lot. Benefits and hours are great.
good for work study balance
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 16, 2018
i worked as a dishwasher while i went to school at St. John's College of Annapolis. the hours weren't much but it gave me spending money. i recommend this as a good work study position.
Pros
free food, unintrusive hours
Fun place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Immaculata, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Overall , I had a great experience working at Immaculata. I was able to move up the ladder quite effectively. The managers/supervisors treated me fairly.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough money for the travel
My general manager has and is really teaching what I need to know to grow
Food service certified supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 29, 2017
In my position, I have put my best foot forward in anything I do here. I feel as though I want to advance in the company or somewhere where I can grow. Parkhurst has really helped me with knowledge of the business.
Its an ok place to work but theres to many egos
Food Prep / Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 13, 2017
After a whole dishwashing jobs have no career advancement depending on the company even if u get moved up it can only be so much everybody who becomes a dishwasher cannot become a manager.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches
Cons
Short breaks, and theres alot of nats and fruit flies in the dish pit it's very uncomfortable.
Parkhurst Dining
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PANovember 7, 2017
A typical day at Parkhurst Dining is very relaxed and slow past at times. The pay rate is okay with me. The customers/students are awesome very polite and follow all directions.
Latrobe Parkhurst
Cook (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PANovember 1, 2017
When the General manager's attitude is everyone is replaceable, no wonder no one stays. Plus, for a big a company as they are the pay rate is not very good.
Pros
Free lunch. Some of the people.s
Cons
Decent place to work in.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pgh PAOctober 24, 2017
I had to cut lunch meats, make salads and sandwiches. Serve customers and help them with things. Cook ad clean. Management was okay I feel it could have been better. The place itself was okay but would get stressful and overwhelming at times.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches
Cons
not being listened to well enough
An ok place for a 1st job
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 17, 2017
Not a forever job but good as a 2nd job. The money is not good but management is great just not the General manager. If you want a place to start out of school this is the place for you.
Great place to work if you love to cook
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAOctober 9, 2017
Great place to work for if you love to cook. The students, faculty, and guests make the experience well worth it. The coworkers are awesome as long as you are there to work your butt off and not laze about. It's a fast pace job and a lot of time management is needed for the tight time frame you are given (depending on the job title). Most of the management there though, is what makes most of the experience not so grand. If you are about the manager or supervisors favorite you are ostracized. Sometimes management throws people in different directions, with one saying one thing and the other saying another. It can get very frustrating and lose a lot of the time the enjoyment of the job. Another downer is, when the college kids are not in school, there is genuinely no work. That can be a great thing being off holidays
Pros
Food, coworkers and students/faculty/guests
Cons
Management and favoritism
Overworked, Underpaid, Don't Value Employees who go above & beyond
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2017
Parkhurst essentially owns me. I'm making several dollars per hour less than people with lower job classifications because I work at a lower grossing account. I'm doing the jobs of 3-4 people at any given time, working 50+ hours per week, yet still get yelled at for being 10 minutes late after having stayed 4 hours late the day before. They don't care at all for their employees. NO incentive to be a good hardworking employee because you get nothing for it. The bad employees who complain or don't do their jobs get coddled.
Productive and creative work environment.
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PASeptember 12, 2017
The job is always busy and the hours are convenient. The opportunity to be creative and bake from scratch is a plus. Trying out new recipes and presenting desserts in different ways is a plus.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Compensation
fun workplace
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYSeptember 6, 2017
it was very fun working at a college i had the chance to meet alot of new people and learned new cooking skills and some knife skills i also interacted with alot of students because i worked the exibiyion station
Pros
free lunches
Cons
trying to bring in a union
Nice place to work, poor management
Cross trained (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2017
The worst part of the job was management and a few co-workers there were problems i had concerning my co-workers with the duties they were required to do each shift transition which never occurred I notified my co-workers multiple times nothing changed, then i told management the said they would do something about it but never adressed it. The best part of the job for me was doing what I love in cooking, also interacting with customers was always a pleasure anyday i can make someone else's day happy is a happy day for me. During my time there i was crossed trained in multiple positions such as line cook,utility,Dining hall assistance,and some Retail experience
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits, two 15 minute smoke breaks, and new uniforms every year
Cons
Bad teamwork, unprofessional managers, breaks in work due to major holidays Christmas, thanksgiving, etc
good company
Cashier, breakfast coordinator, food prep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2017
very good company to work for.l extreme customer focus, make items from scratch. there should be more supervision over management and less criticism.
Pros
free lunch, great hours
Cons
pay versus work done....not enough
Friendly Staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAAugust 24, 2017
The management staff at Parkhurst Dining is great! They are very helpful and informative when having issues. In general the staff is very pleasant to work with everyday.
nice environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2017
I am enjoying working in Parkhurst Dining, because people are nice, and always ready to help. Professional environment, and top notch service. Different kind of events, same rules, new experiences.
Pros
free food during event and after event
Cons
none that i know
Food service
Supervisor student team members, cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2017
I loved working in Food Service for Parkhurst. I worked with over 9000 students. The pay was great. If parkhurst was in Florida. I would be working with them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits for PT