PARKING MANAGEMENT COMPANY Employee Reviews

Fun, easy and productive place to work.
Valet Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great managers who gave me awesome opportunities to step up in the wonderful company with welcoming arms. I learned a lot and my mentors had patience to show me what to do and how to do it correctly. I am a quick learning so it was easy for me to adjust to helping in a customer service way.
Worst company I have ever worked for
MIT (Manager in Training) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 30, 2017
The Birmingham area is poorly managed. Inadequate staff, incompetent/unprofessional management. Poor hiring process, insufficient training, apathetic management. Coworkers were awful at their jobs but management refused to act. Most managers I worked with were uneducated and unprofessional. All company wide expectations were ignored, no drug testing and appearance standards were disregarded.
Cons
management and coworkers
Fun and productive workplace
Valet/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The managers worked with you to accommodate your personal life or school schedule. Great pay if your work at a busy hotel or location.
overworked with no benefits
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 18, 2017
the managers overwork you, 60+ hours per week with no benefits until a year of working for them, was with the company for a year with no plus side. had multiple talks with higher up managers about moving up to managers position myself with no show of interest after being one of the harder working employee's for a year.
Pros
free drinks at resturants.
Cons
over worked, not enough advancement
A lot of hard work for little return
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  East and southAugust 5, 2017
There are few great people who work for this company. The others have terrible communication skills, account management with too little experience. Orientation Training has dropped the ball quite a bit. This is a great job for College students who meed a flexible schedule for work. Not recommended for career advancement.
Pros
Cash tips.
Cons
Took 3 years to get healthcare.
Very Repetitive
Cashier/Security (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 21, 2017
Working at Parking Management Company (PMC) was a pretty simple job. This job consisted of parking cars in and around the Honda Center and Angel Stadium. Our main goal was to either flag cars into the lots, and the rest of the time is keeping the lots under surveillance while the events had been going on. This job was basically like a security. I really enjoyed this job as well due to the pay wage and the fact that some teammates and I got a chance to work for this company.
Official response from PARKING MANAGEMENT COMPANY
July 24, 2017

Parking Management Company doesn't currently operate in California. We look forward to expanding into that area in the future.

Keeps you in great shape
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. the management is very patient and instructive. And there is a very good sense of professionalism among the employees. I would probably work for them again.
Pros
Discounts at certain restaurants
Cons
working outside
Aggressive Company
Valet (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 25, 2017
The company expects a lot but also pays a lot. They come out with an aggressive mentality towards sales and development. The way to climb the ladder is made known to every employee.
Work when you want!
Valet (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2017
Work as much as you'd like but you will always be just a number. Anyone can wear a black shirt so don't take it personal if you dont have one. However there are good people in the company.
Pros
cash tips
Cons
down time during shifts
no comment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  no commentJune 20, 2017
no comment on this company. I do not want to comment on the following the typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, hardest part of the job or the most enjoyable part of the job.
Challenging but fun working environment
Valet (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2017
Work with great people. Managers are outstanding, they make a fun work atmosphere with ability to learn and move up within the company. I really enjoy the interaction with the customers. Since most of the accounts are at hotels, you get to see the same people throughout their stay and make connections.
Great energetic people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 10, 2017
People that want to grow the brand as much as you. Great support and people always willing to help you no matter what. Great hours while being able to create own schedule.
This is a great workplace
Icon park (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
This workplace is great good pay good team everything is great but the shift is to heavy and i din't suport it because of school but i did like this workplace.
Pros
You have to pay for your luch
Cons
No breaks
Official response from PARKING MANAGEMENT COMPANY
July 24, 2017

Parking Management Company does not currently operate in New York. We look forward to expanding to that area in the future.

Good Service
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 11, 2017
Working for Parking Management Company was a decent job while I was in school. Worked around my school schedule and good pay. You meet different types of people who speak different types of languages. The only thing with this company is you know when you work but they never have a time when you're leaving because it's always busy.
Pros
Good Pay and Good Employees
Cons
Don't know when you leaving the job
Valet okc
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma cityMay 13, 2016
You have to pay to park your car, you would think being valet you wouldn't have to pay for parking or be at risk for towing because you dont have the money to park. Although not a hard job, people's laziness and lack of common sense makes it difficult. Sharing tips is ridiculous as is getting paid less then min wage. The company definitely doesn't value you us. You are asked to go above and wayyyyy beyond, all the while you are served scrapes from the table. Definitely a company to work for if you need a "right now' position, or part time. Not a place to work if you have serious responsibility such as a child, real billa etc thia job will not cover anything but your gas and meter/parking fees.
Pros
Cash in hand daily even if its only 5 bucks
Cons
Share tips, hourly wage less then minimum wage
Get paid to run around and drive cars!
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2016
I really like the valet to customer interaction. I like the small talk and putting a smile on their face then driving off in a car I could only buy if I won the lottery or dated 2 doctors at once.

It's really cool how you don't know how much tips you will make, it's like a game. I looove getting the $20's!

The managers are pretty cool and down to earth guys but sometimes I think they need to relax more. Sometimes I think they let some valets get away with not following the rules and some they don't. But I think they are cool to work with and I have made best friends with a lot of the valets which we hangout together after work.

The first time it started raining during the shift I thought it would be horrible but I actually think its kinda fun. How often do you get to run around in the rain? ha

Working for PMC is more like being a member of a team but you get paid for it! So overall I recommend this job to friends and family members.
Pros
free food sometimes, getting paid to exercise, driving dream cars, coworkers, and its fun
Cons
You can't be hungover and work
Tel
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 29, 2016
This job has a great culture and has a great staff. The managers are great and the sales department is the best you talk to new people everyday and will never have the same experience day to day.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Flexible, fast-paced job in a typically great environment.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2015
Overall, I would recommend working for Parking Management Company to a person looking for part-time work. They are very flexible with their hours and are able to accommodate those who want to work few hours, as well as, those who want to work long hours. Unfortunately, there is little opportunity for advancement and a high company turnover rate. With that being said, one is forced to work with new, inexperienced employees quite frequently.
Pros
Flexible, ability to meet new people, and a fast-paced environment.
Cons
No advancement opportunity, very high turnover rate, and generally late hours.
not worth it
car wash attendant (Former Employee) –  Irondale,AlMay 25, 2015
You will be outside from 645AM til 6 PM. regardless of weather, not worth the time of only 8$. Very hard job. Not very rewarding.
not worth your time
valet (Former Employee) –  nashville, tnJune 30, 2014
Not many hours at all. Pay is not what they make it out to be. Last minute schedule changes. Only good thing was I was able to drive some nice cars.
Pros
nice cars
Cons
low pay, not many hours, terrible communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PARKING MANAGEMENT COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.

PARKING MANAGEMENT COMPANY Reviews by Location