Parking Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Ok in a pinch, but keep looking. Depends on where you work
valet (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 6, 2015
Not impressed. I feel like management doesn't really know what they are doing. Rules change all the time but only certain people are told. No consistency between shifts, no standard training, very clicky. I found many of the promises I was told when I hired in were completely false. Either I was lied to or the managers are extremely uninformed.

Want to make money, too bad. Valets share tips across the entire week. If you work at a busy time you are giving up your tips to someone that works a slow shift and only parks a fraction of the cars you do. This benefits full time employees and takes advantage of part time ones. Expect to make minimum wage up to about $9.50.

Again, depending on where you work, they can be flexible with your work times. This is a small bright point for the company. Trying to get off the busy shift once you learn how the tips sharing works can be a problem though.
Pros
Drive nice cars. Potential to make some extra money on a flexible schedule.
Cons
You don't get to keep your tips, or even share with just your shift. Many people do not tip at all. Management.
Terrible Company
Hourly Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2015
-They claim to take pride in working around people's lifestyles and having flexible schedules but that is not true.
-Management has no clue what they are doing. They are not properly trained.
-Don't even bother with the HR department. They are all inept, except maybe one of them. They will always side with the managers.
-Managers delegate their work to hourly employees, but do not offer those employees credit.
-There are little, to no advancement opportunities.
-Don't expect getting a schedule at a regular time every week, this concept is lost on the site managers.
-Upper management should check in on ALL of their sites regularly. Give more credit to the hourly employees that bust their butts for you. Offer better benefits, the people that work out in the cold and snow get no benefits but the ones that sit in an office get benefits and paid time off.
Pros
Nothing that makes them stand out from any other job
Poor management, Awful company to work for.
Valet (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INAugust 24, 2013
A typical day being a valet for parking solutions, starts off with standing for eight hours straight. Not being allowed to take any breaks, not even to go to the bathroom. If you leave your podium you will get a text immediatley from an annoying supervisor asking where you went. Not only that your not allowed to read or study for the eight hours, you have to stand there at attention the whole time. If you see a strugling patient walking in from the parking lot, forget it your not allowed to help them, because its not in the hand book. All your supposed to do is park and return cars. This company has horrible management. The manager takes 4 hour breaks and cant be found or able to get ahold of. Then yells at you when ask to get a lunch break. I would not recomend working for this company.
Cons
horrible management, no benefits
Busy workplace, great stepping-stool job, fun driving cars
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne, INMarch 3, 2015
The job is not the worst but it is not a career at all. There is no raise system. There is a lot of running and a lot of face-to-face contact with customers. It can be fun to drive the different vehicles.
Pros
driving cars
Cons
no advancement oppurtunities
Fun job , different cultures
Taxi Starter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
I would help people go where they would like to go, help the taxi line, sometimes except money. I hated working outside, we would get like a guard type shack but for every customer we would have to get out and help them in the car.
Pros
meeting lots of nice people at the airport of different cultures
Cons
weather
company who doesnt care for employees
valet (Former Employee) –  columbusMay 27, 2015
Managers are not people friendly a friend of mine who i worked with nearly dies working there got no sympathy from management instead the hours he had always worked was taken from him besides that you are paid a wage plus tips which is cool but they require you to buy over priced uniforms and pay to insure yourself to park cars its another way they make money over charge you for insurance and they keep 3/4 of the premium wouldnt advise funny how every review is great must be managment embelishing
Pros
free lunch, great employees
Cons
bad managment, company cares very little for work staff rip staff off any chance
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2015
PSI is a great place to work! It ia company in which you will always have the ability to grow and meet different people. It is a very diverse atmosphere and there is always overtime available!
super efficient work enviorment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day at work included, meeting new coworkers almost on a daily basis so I was always getting to know new people. We all had the same job so working with a positive group of people really helped out. I sold parking tickets and helped direct traffic in and out of the garage. I gave customers directions and assistance with working the ticket machines. I learned about life and work experiences through a few coworkers and the managers I got to know. There wasn't really a hard day, the job wasn't to hard, only keeping focus on during a long day was a little struggle. This job requires long hours so being well rested and ready to work helps alot.
Pros
i could read while at work
Cons
long hours and breaks nearly at the end of the shift
My Job
Parking Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioMay 8, 2015
On a daily basis I am answering calls, faxing assigning parking and transferring calls. Supervision workers of 4, dealing with complaints and compliments. This job is so much about patience and dealing with all walks of life, being in a hospital environment you have to learn sympathy and compassion for people and what they may be going through. The most difficult thing I have to deal with is when things are out of my control and I cannot help a customer.I love my coworkers!!
Pros
Love my coworkers
Cons
No career advancments
Once In a life time
Valet, Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2012
Great fun place to work, you get to meet new people everyday, fast pace, and get to drive luxary cars all day
Pros
flexable & fun
Cons
no benefits
Energetic, fun atmosphere, but running is asked of you all shift.
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Worked at the main Cleveland Clinic campus. Keep in mind this only a review for the main campus parking solutions, not the entire company. This is a pretty good place to work, but be warned, some of the supervisors there expect you to run all day like a machine. I'm no slouch either, I did a lot of sprinting before working here, but you get tired eventually and walk back from parking a car, and if a supervisor sees you walking (even if it's a power walk) you'll hear about it (like a lot). Other than that I loved interacting with the people in and outside of the hospital. Pay is actually good for a valet company, you also get to keep your tips. A lot of work days get pretty hectic, but it made the day go fast. Overall an okay job if you can get over the supervisors constantly telling you to hustle all day.
Pros
the people you meet, the pay, the hours, the cars.
Cons
management, constant running, the cars.
Worst management ever
valet (Former Employee) –  not availableJune 27, 2015
Make you think problems are going to be solved.Lieing and gossip from management to co-workers,not able to voice your opinion.Overall the job was great meeting people,having friendships with customers. Management just sucked
Pros
Driving nice cars
Cons
overworked and underpaid
Great company to work for
Valet-Parking (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 30, 2013
Overall good company to work for great benefits and good leadership
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad weather
Lots of running and talking to people
Valet (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2013
As a valet, I naturally spent most days parking guest cars at the Toledo Hospital in Toledo, Ohio, then running to the garage to retrieve those cars in varying amounts of time afterwards.

I learned to drive much more responsibly while driving not only a guests vehicle but also my own personal vehicles from that point on. I learned that you maintain a professional veneer at all times no matter what, and that I cannot run on ice!

Out manager was a great guy, knew how to keep a tight ship and schedules were always the same so they were VERY easy to work around for ANYTHING at all and getting time off, if needed, wasn't hard to do.

The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was keeping warm standing outside at the Valet podium all winter, otherwise I had few problems.

I loved meeting new people everyday and getting to drive some of the coolest cars. I even got to drive a nearly brand new Thunderbird, I was thrilled!
Pros
great daily workout, got to drive lots of cars, met great people, schedule was the same each week, and it wasn't complicated.
Cons
lower than minimum wage pay (plus tips), hurried breaks/lunches, lots of management "hovering"
Productive and Fun learn something new everyday
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  cleveland ohioJanuary 5, 2015
Fun with Patients/ visitors
Good Management
Great team of co workers
The Hardest party was learning the different building at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
Love seeing the patient/visitors smiling
Good job while getting through college
Valet (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 13, 2015
Worked this job while finishing my final year of school at the University of Northwestern Ohio. Good environment and friendly employees
Amazing college job
Valet (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 4, 2012
A typical day at work was driving cars, running back and forth for cars, and greeting people and meeting with them on almost a daily basis. I learned a lot from this job, i learned the value of life, to look at life one day at a time because you don't have forever. There was pour management, it took for ever to get any thing accomplished. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know all of the amazing people that came in to use valet
Pros
no weekend works
Cons
poor management
3 company wide pay cuts in a year. That should say enough about this company.
valet (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 12, 2014
They're not that great of a company to work for. If you need a job, sure, but I'd pity you if you make this a career.
Pros
it's a job.
Cons
lousy pay, poor management.
Out to make a buck! Period.
Lead (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 22, 2014
Liked the people I worked with. Management is the worst ever! Owner pretends to be all about employees but really only cares about making money since it is HIS company. Co workers only stay about 3-6 months.
Pros
nice people
Cons
management
Review of Parking Solutions
Valet Attendant and Special Events Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2014
I provide good customer service to all guests. I maintain a pleasant friendly professional deameanor at all times. I am a safe, courteous driver. I assist the guests with directions and answer any questions they may have. Follow all policies and procedures that are in place.I follow all safety and security procedures. I retrieve the guests car in a timely and safe manner. I treat all guests and other staff in a courteous and respectful manner.
Pros
i like the guests and the people i work with
Cons
i am not provided with enough working hours.

2.4