Parking Solutions Employee Reviews

loved it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 1, 2017
It was a great place for me to start back to working when i haven't worked in a great bit. All but one of the managers where super friendly and helpful. It is a great place for a student due to advancement is hard to come by. When you get the opportunity to work there everyone is super helpful with helping you figure out how to do the end of shift paper work.
Ok company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
This company had lost there core values on what the employees really needed. Very up and down on work related issues. Upper managers needed to learn on how to treat people
Productive WorkPlace
Valet (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioDecember 28, 2016
It was a calm environment and I enjoyed my employment. A great opportunity to make money and do a job I enjoy. People were easy to get a long with and the job was self explanatory. Great pay to start off with.
Ehh
Valet (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 26, 2016
Did not really enjoy working here, pay was bad as well as the area i was in nobody tipped. The coworkers were friendly and all but it is nice for a summer job!
Ok in a pinch, but keep looking. Depends on where you work
valet (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 6, 2015
Not impressed. I feel like management doesn't really know what they are doing. Rules change all the time but only certain people are told. No consistency between shifts, no standard training, very clicky. I found many of the promises I was told when I hired in were completely false. Either I was lied to or the managers are extremely uninformed.

Want to make money, too bad. Valets share tips across the entire week. If you work at a busy time you are giving up your tips to someone that works a slow shift and only parks a fraction of the cars you do. This benefits full time employees and takes advantage of part time ones. Expect to make minimum wage up to about $9.50.

Again, depending on where you work, they can be flexible with your work times. This is a small bright point for the company. Trying to get off the busy shift once you learn how the tips sharing works can be a problem though.
Pros
Drive nice cars. Potential to make some extra money on a flexible schedule.
Cons
You don't get to keep your tips, or even share with just your shift. Many people do not tip at all. Management.
a typical day at work
Valet Parking (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work was simple. Show up on time, properly prepared to work and Clock in. Then just park cars in the parking garage. And be ready to take cars back up top whenever the customer was ready to leave the premises.
Pros
job task very simple
Cons
unstable management
Fun job , different cultures
Taxi Starter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
I would help people go where they would like to go, help the taxi line, sometimes except money. I hated working outside, we would get like a guard type shack but for every customer we would have to get out and help them in the car.
Pros
meeting lots of nice people at the airport of different cultures
Cons
weather
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2015
PSI is a great place to work! It ia company in which you will always have the ability to grow and meet different people. It is a very diverse atmosphere and there is always overtime available!
Terrible Company
Hourly Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2015
-They claim to take pride in working around people's lifestyles and having flexible schedules but that is not true.
-Management has no clue what they are doing. They are not properly trained.
-Don't even bother with the HR department. They are all inept, except maybe one of them. They will always side with the managers.
-Managers delegate their work to hourly employees, but do not offer those employees credit.
-There are little, to no advancement opportunities.
-Don't expect getting a schedule at a regular time every week, this concept is lost on the site managers.
-Upper management should check in on ALL of their sites regularly. Give more credit to the hourly employees that bust their butts for you. Offer better benefits, the people that work out in the cold and snow get no benefits but the ones that sit in an office get benefits and paid time off.
Pros
Nothing that makes them stand out from any other job
Worst management ever
valet (Former Employee) –  not availableJune 27, 2015
Make you think problems are going to be solved.Lieing and gossip from management to co-workers,not able to voice your opinion.Overall the job was great meeting people,having friendships with customers. Management just sucked
Pros
Driving nice cars
Cons
overworked and underpaid
company who doesnt care for employees
valet (Former Employee) –  columbusMay 27, 2015
Managers are not people friendly a friend of mine who i worked with nearly dies working there got no sympathy from management instead the hours he had always worked was taken from him besides that you are paid a wage plus tips which is cool but they require you to buy over priced uniforms and pay to insure yourself to park cars its another way they make money over charge you for insurance and they keep 3/4 of the premium wouldnt advise funny how every review is great must be managment embelishing
Pros
free lunch, great employees
Cons
bad managment, company cares very little for work staff rip staff off any chance
Good job while getting through college
Valet (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 13, 2015
Worked this job while finishing my final year of school at the University of Northwestern Ohio. Good environment and friendly employees
My Job
Parking Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioMay 8, 2015
On a daily basis I am answering calls, faxing assigning parking and transferring calls. Supervision workers of 4, dealing with complaints and compliments. This job is so much about patience and dealing with all walks of life, being in a hospital environment you have to learn sympathy and compassion for people and what they may be going through. The most difficult thing I have to deal with is when things are out of my control and I cannot help a customer.I love my coworkers!!
Pros
Love my coworkers
Cons
No career advancments
Busy workplace, great stepping-stool job, fun driving cars
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne, INMarch 3, 2015
The job is not the worst but it is not a career at all. There is no raise system. There is a lot of running and a lot of face-to-face contact with customers. It can be fun to drive the different vehicles.
Pros
Driving cars
Cons
No advancement oppurtunities
super efficient work enviorment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day at work included, meeting new coworkers almost on a daily basis so I was always getting to know new people. We all had the same job so working with a positive group of people really helped out. I sold parking tickets and helped direct traffic in and out of the garage. I gave customers directions and assistance with working the ticket machines. I learned about life and work experiences through a few coworkers and the managers I got to know. There wasn't really a hard day, the job wasn't to hard, only keeping focus on during a long day was a little struggle. This job requires long hours so being well rested and ready to work helps alot.
Pros
I could read while at work
Cons
long hours and breaks nearly at the end of the shift
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 4, 2015
I had busy days. Customers would come for long trips with lots of luggage. Then there would be slow days when no one would in at all.
Energetic, fun atmosphere, but running is asked of you all shift.
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Worked at the main Cleveland Clinic campus. Keep in mind this only a review for the main campus parking solutions, not the entire company. This is a pretty good place to work, but be warned, some of the supervisors there expect you to run all day like a machine. I'm no slouch either, I did a lot of sprinting before working here, but you get tired eventually and walk back from parking a car, and if a supervisor sees you walking (even if it's a power walk) you'll hear about it (like a lot). Other than that I loved interacting with the people in and outside of the hospital. Pay is actually good for a valet company, you also get to keep your tips. A lot of work days get pretty hectic, but it made the day go fast. Overall an okay job if you can get over the supervisors constantly telling you to hustle all day.
Pros
The people you meet, the pay, the hours, the cars.
Cons
Management, constant running, the cars.
Productive and Fun learn something new everyday
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  cleveland ohioJanuary 5, 2015
Fun with Patients/ visitors
Good Management
Great team of co workers
The Hardest party was learning the different building at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
Love seeing the patient/visitors smiling
Out to make a buck! Period.
Lead (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 22, 2014
Liked the people I worked with. Management is the worst ever! Owner pretends to be all about employees but really only cares about making money since it is HIS company. Co workers only stay about 3-6 months.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Great opportunity for a anyone who needs a flexible schedule
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2014
I worked with Parking Solutions all through college and enjoyed the flexibility that it provided. As a student, learning to balance school, tests, work, and bills was an experience. This company allowed me the flexibility to do so and learn important values while doing so.
Pros
Seniority helped to earn more valuable shifts/flexible hours
Cons
Random hours that may be available so you have to take what is available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parking Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5