Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

This position has no room for growth, bonuses or raises
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2017
The financial dept at Parkland is going through a drastic makeover and let go of a great management staff and hired management that doesnt have a clue.
Stressful but worht it
PFS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2017
The environment is stressful and management can be unfair, however, interacting with patients was worth it. The new facility is beautiful. If you love working with a variety of people this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
unfair management
Challenging but rewarding.
Senior Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2016
You will meet different people from all walks of life, they will share their hurts, pains, and accomplishments. Working at Parkland can be challenging at times, but very rewarding.
They were a good crew to work with
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2016
We were very busy and everything went well in Day surgery I learned that fast pace is a good thing and to multitask was a great thing because it taught me to appreciate my job and think fast and quick. Management was great and the co-workers were mean and they were jealous that someone from outside came in and made more money then they did. So did ignorant things to try and make you lose your job. The hardest part of the job was the hours I had to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and seeing them before and after surgery going home feeling better then they did when they came in before surgery.
Pros
I liked working in the new beautiful hospital
Cons
The hours were not enough and I couldn't get over time
Great opportunity
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2016
Nice work environment, Flexible work schedule, Helpful coworkers, Team building environment, Productive, Admirable concern for workers, Up to date technology
Better Work/Life Balance
Laboratory Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 23, 2016
Not paid enough according to the work you do. PTO's are deducted for holidays. Short breaks. Tight parking space. Managers and Employees are friendly
Pros
Flexible Timing
Cons
PTOs taken during holidays
A good place until random layoffs
SQL Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
A great place to work under CIO Jack Kowitt. Then loyalty and mutual respect seemed to vanish, as did job security. I started as a mainframe programmer and transitioned to Oracle database PL/SQL programming. Also handled 100 EPIC trouble tickets per week when on-call.
Pros
Secure, modern facilities. Decent pay.
Cons
No more job security.
n/a
PFS Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
Staff is amazing, managment hard to work with, they are not willing to work with your real like schedule and life. Extremely demanding on your body as well.
Fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2016
Very patient oriented and friendly place.
The hardest part is to keep the past pace order from nurses.
Sometime the worker even friendly is not willing to help out.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
short lunch break
Great place to work, great enviroment
Patient Financial Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxNovember 25, 2016
Great place to work. great environment. great management staff and employees. very productive. always have ways to motivate staff. great incentives. flexible with staff
No Support
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2016
This hospital has a lot more growing to do! It use to be such a great place to work but now it's completely stressful and too much miro managing! I know its gonna be something where ever you go but this is too much. Very, Very Very Stressful!! Stay away!!!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
MANAGMENT
Allowed great exposure to different patient populations
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2016
Very high volume, fast pace and hands on work. Great interactions with the patients many of which are not financially stable and are in need of medical attention, who are very appreciative of the care giving.
Pros
Great teaching hospital
Cons
Unqualified upper management
Parkland Hospital
Enviromental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2016
I worked in the inventory department of the hospital where I loaded pallets using a manual pallet jack, loaded and unloaded boxes full of hospital products. I worked as a team to complete many tasks.
SKILLS USED
Loading and unloading boxes, shipping/receiving, packing, pallet jack operator.
Service is the rent you pay for time on earth...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2016
Parkland is truly the place to serve and pay that rent and it is an honor to serve our patients. I've only worked at the off site locations, never at the main hospital, old or new but I love the hustle and bustle of the place!

It's a great place to work but extremely political and cut throat if your manager doesn't like you.
Pros
Gain a working understanding of the challenges we face as humans
Cons
Bosses who micromanage you to death
parkland
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2016
In a typical day you will take vitals, check blood sugars. You will admit and discharge patients, assist patients shower, feed them, change them. I have learned how to care for different conditions. The most enjoyable part of my day is making a patient's day.
It's a nice place to work at
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2016
Parkland was my first job I started at inpatient Food Services and then I transfer to labor and delivery I worked in labor and delivery. They was fair when it comes to holidays and people taking off on vacation
Pros
Free lunches for the holidays
Cons
The wait for dr. Sometimes take to long
Administration work
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2016
My work day starts with checking voicemail, email and returning calls. Work with co-worker in completing payroll corrections for 100, which include missing punches,duplicate punches and splitting the cost centers that they are paid from. Daily building repairs and computer repair needs to be called in daily. Make copies, send faxes. Great teamwork with co-worker.
Help managers with scheduling appointments, reserving conference rooms and setting up any equipment.
Pros
I enjoy helping our staff and patients.
Cons
The harding part of my job is trying to find time to go the extra mile.
Great diversities
Environmental Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2016
Parkland Opc hospital is an very busy but very nice place to work for healthcare. It is an learning environment for those who are fresh out of school.
Pros
Payroll deduction, great people to work with.
Cons
County
First Hospital Job
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 30, 2016
This is my first experience working in the hospital field and it has not been the best. The area I work in is VERY unorganized which makes my job hard
Pros
I have an amazing boss
Cons
The area I work in has a lack of organization
best
Southeast Women's Health Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2016
By far one of the best places to work. I loved each and every coworkers that i worked with. Management was always going the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Health & Hospital System. Our community is ready to answer.