Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

Very productive
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2017
Very good place to work and advance in your education. You have most of your co-workers going to school and it motivates one to go too. Good health care experience
Nothing to write
Educator/Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2017
Changed a lot since I worked there as a traveler in the Olde building versus recently as a full-time employee. in the new building. ED busy daily CRAZY
Pros
Safety Net Facility Historic significance
Cons
lack of funds for improvements-Safety net facility- Good Ole Boys/girls network very strong
Balanced and Professional
Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX- COPCOctober 6, 2017
Excellent work environment that respects each employee and what their professional credentials bring to the mix. Many positions available, not just employment at the main hospital. Community Outreach Program/COPC...and Youth & Family Centers offer "off campus" opportunities for multi-disciplinary team work environment.
Pros
Many "off campus" employment opportunities.
Cons
Many meetings...that included travel within city to attend.
Good benefits
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
Typical day: Verified insurance and obtained authorizations. Meet with other staff members and management on numerous occasions. There were a lot of stressful changes that occurred which made it uncomfortable.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers.
Cons
Lack of Management/ Change in Management
Excellent Teamwork
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2017
As an employee at Parkland Foundation ( an entity of Parkland Health & Hospital systems) I found this to be very enjoyable and very rewarding. I was blessed to meet the CEO and many more Executives who shed light on the industry and who always encouraged us to advance in our careers.
Pros
Great lunch hours
Cons
Traffic
The Case Management / UR postions is busy and you need to think quiackly on your feet.
Onsite Case Management and Utilization Review RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2017
the Case management UR position is busy and require innovative thinking and working well with both patients and staff. It requires thinking out of the box so to speak due to the needs of the patients and their families. It is both rewarding and challenging.
Stressful but educational
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2017
This is a very stressful yet rewarding job. You deal with a high volume of patients and visitors. As an employee you see and learn a lot of interesting things.
Over worked
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Your over worked and under paid. Managements plays favoritism among employees. More of Supervisors Fraternizing w/ employees when its uncomfortable and unprofessional.
Pros
patients was my joy
Cons
30min break after working 10-12 hr shifts, poor managerments, etc
Staffing
Patient Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2017
The company did not have enough consistence with employees. Also, training was provided on a need to know basis when something went wrong. No unity with managers.
Benefits
Cons
Short staffing
Parkland is a good place to work for
PCA (Patient Care Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Parkland Hospital is a great place to work for, good job stability, great benefits. The CEO is all for his staff, employers, patients and vendors. They are great

Want to know more about Parkland Health & Hospital System?

Ask a question
Great place to work to further your experience
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Very fast-paced blood bank in the hospital; constantly cross-matching and preparing blood components for patients. Employees very concerned about their patients.
County Employment
Unit Technician/Health Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Parkland is a ok job, its one of those opportunities its not what you know but who you know. The job does not pay much though. Once in if you for well you should not have a problem advancing.
No advancement in my department
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2017
There isn't any room to grow in the department an everyone old and new have either left the department or the company altogether. I need a change. The pay is terrible and we have the new people that comes in making more than those who have been with the company for 3 years or more. You train them and they get paid more than you. Everyone does the exact same thing. No experience required. It's not fair
I liked working at Parkland
Health Unit Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
It was nice working at Parkland. While working in the pharmacy we always got free food due to Pharmaceuticals visiting for reviews or what have you. Advancements are real and available. Working as a Health Unit Coordinator I (HUC), I felt special, I was treated special, I made sure the unit ran smoothly.
Pros
Good place to work with benefits and PTO
Cons
A little prejudice, but if your are strong you will get passed that
typical day in my workplace
Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at Hospital is very rewarding I was employed there for 32 years the hospital is very educational, in very great experience threw out, have you staying on your feet, the hardest part of my job was I worked on a obstetric floor, when the baby are mother have problems, I was always there for the is a learning in teaching hospital that is where I gotten all of my training,The management is very excellent, I have work with different cultures and races, After working 32 years threw out the hospital different backgrounds tough me a lot as well about people in I know I will do great wherever I go.
Pros
teaching and learning in taking care of my patients
Cons
not enough help sometimes for good custmer service
Parkland is Parkland. You either hate it or you love it.
Unit Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
I started at Parkland and loved serving out the community. However, I realize there is no growth here unless you want to become an RN and I'm not interested in becoming a nurse .
Pros
Benefits, education
Cons
No room to grow if you are not wanting to be a Nurse
Great place to learn!
RN Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2017
Great place to learn and grow for future career endeavors. However, collaboration in certain areas is no more than others controlling things diplomatically.
Pros
Benefits, pay, education, career growth and visible Senior Leaders
Cons
Culture, limited autonomy in nursing leadership roles, unrealistic expectations of Managers
Parkland has a name, but
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2017
I started at Parkland and loved serving out the community. However, the culture didn't allow me to grow into the Caring nurse I wanted to become.
I left parkland wanting more.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Culture, Patient Load, and Management Culture
Great Team Work
ER Reg Specialist/Med Practice Asst. (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2017
Everyone worked well together as a team to get the job done. If someone fell behind in their work, we would help that person until the work was caught up.
Pros
Great Benefits and start right away.
Cons
Short breaks due to busy schedule.
No opinion
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Adult CorrectionsJuly 19, 2017
I really don't have an opinion one way or the other. It is a hospital. It is busy. You either love it or you hate it. There is no in between. Parkland is Parkland.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Health & Hospital System. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkland Health & Hospital System Reviews by Location