Parkland Health & Hospital System

Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

Fun Environment
Assist nurses (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
I worked different positions when asked, overall I worked night shift. It was a very fast pace, but the staff (co-workers) made it enjoyable.

Very rewarding and educational
ok place to work
mail clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: loved my superior
Cons: many manager were uneducated and lacked m, maturity
Everyday i would clock in around 6.55 am and eat breakfast, after i would sort all materials that were left from yesterdays work and todays work to prepare to be delivered. My co-workers where fun and entertain, but the management lacked maturity.
Parkland overall is a good place to work if you are interested in the healthcare industry
Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: The job culture
Parkland has many pros and cons but overall is a good place to work with patient care being its number 1 priority. Parkland hospital will be opening a brand new facility in the next couple of months and its employees are anxiously awaiting the grand opening.
Excellent learning opportunities
Coding Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 21, 2015
Parkland Health is a great place to work overall. They provide healthcare for a mostly indigent population in the Dallas County area of Texas.
Positive and Educating
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: Advancement
Typical day at work was fats pasted, quick on your feet, organized with attention to every detail.
I learned how to use my time wisely and work ahead, stay ahead for the next day. MY days started early and early.
My co workers where supportive, hard working nurses.
Hardest part if my job was not going, i loved going to work. Everyday was a new experience and a joy.
front line staff made psychic e/r functions
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: co workers knowing we have each others backand support was awesome
Cons: upper management, and non support, of there staff and not giving staff the proper tools, to do an affective job, constantly intimadating
lt comfortabledoctors,nurses and tech worked pretty good together meeting patients needs.The major draw back was admimastration, they didn't support staff and was constantly had staff fearful in during there job in a professional manor. Never felt comfortable Your rcoworkers where the best part of the job,the confidence provided was awesome,we used each other to survive.
My review with Parkland Hospital
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 7, 2015
My typical day at work is like being at home but away from home. I have learned and has experienced a lot of skills, talents, friendship with my co-workers and playing a team member.

The hardest part of a job will be if the individual makes it hard for themselves. My understanding is: " work smarter not harder".

Finally, the most enjoyable part of my job would be just working with the public, entertaining and/or socializing and learning new things by attending workshops, staff meetings with co workers also observing new ideas so the company can grow so that we as a team can give good care and excellent customer services to the public.
Enjoyed coworker but not management
Medicine/Gyn-Onc Social Worker II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed Coworkers
Cons: No private office space, equipment not functionable
Parkland does not in my opinion value their social workers. Management is not personable. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and helping the patients. Parkland does work hard to try to met the needs of the patients served however there can be a basis in patient care.
Excellent purpose for existence.
Applications Systems Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers, Serving the less fortunate
Cons: Over zealous management
Parkland Health was a great place to work overall. They provide healthcare for a mostly indigent population in the Dallas County area of Texas. Patients are treated with great respect whether they can pay or not. Employees on the other hand are over worked and under paid without much support from upper management.
I learned a lot of from working here. I truly have a passion for customer service. I was able to deepen this passion by working with some of the greatest people. My co-workers were the best and I miss them greatly.
The hardest part of the job was attempting to keep up with ever increasing demands on time along with trying to deal with the less than positive attitudes of superiors.
The part of this job I enjoyed the most was being able to interact with many different types of people and cultures. Bringing a smile to the face of someone stressed by work or health problems is wonderful.
Productive and interesting place to work
Chemotherapy Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: great staff and medical staff
Cons: none
I enjoy working @ Parkland and have learned so much here. There is always something new and exciting to expand your knowledge with the acuity of the patient population. However, after completing my Master's Degree and Family Nurse Practitioner certification, I am looking forward to working in my new career.
Lovely place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
A typical at day parkland verty nice and friendly oriented. Great benefits, and nice job culture. Really like a second family workig there
Great company
Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Great opportunity to move up in the company. Open door policy. Great benefits. Great opportunity to move up in the company.
Overall good company to work for but expect changes. Job security not promised.
HIM Associate (Former Employee), Parkland Records Center, HIM DepartmentApril 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches around holidays and special occassions
Cons: Job security not promised. Changes take place often.
Enjoyed working with a diverse group of people. I learned a lot in Health Information Management division. My supervisor was a good person. Easy to communicate with. Changes came when new management arrived and I was told my position was not in jeopardy. However, that was not the truth when the budget was trimmed and so was my position along with several others. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people.
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2015
Could be a good place to work. Most days were extremely busy. I've learned a lot during my 22 years there. Management was ok, but could have communicated better. I loved my co-workers. For the most part everyone was a team player. The hardest part of my job was having to tell an employee no when they were wanting to make a change outside of the enrollment period. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with employees and problem solving. Making them feel comfortable. In the end they leave happy and knew they could always call or come see me whenever needed. My job was eliminated and now I'm searching for my next assignment.
friendly coworkers makes this job workable
OR Aide Tech I (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2015
okay place to work but needs major improvement in managerial department. There is plenty of room for advancement if the individual is well liked
Rated one of the best hospitals in the world
Building Mechanic (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasMarch 3, 2015
Parkland Health & Hospital System is an excellent place to work. Parkland encourages its employees to grow and develop as the organization is experiencing a magnitude of growth. Parkland prides itself on providing optimal care and an excellent experience to the patients and communities we serve.
Great Place and great opportunity for everyone
TRANSPLANT FINANCIAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: the hospital is very fair.
Cons: job is stressful when it comes getting financial coverage
I enjoyed my work, The type of clientele are very challenging. The Co-workers, Physicians, LMSW, Nurses are very helpful and all allied workers are TEAM workers. Everyone including patients are very respectful and considerate to everyone.The most pleasing part is having some one get transplanted and kidney working good. The hardest part is trying to get additional financial assistance fof some additional expensive immunosuppressive drugs , it is like squessing blood out of a turnip.
Great Place to work
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: busy busy busy
Like all things, your success at Parkland will be mostly in your hands. Stay focused on what you must do, don't get distracted by the zillion things that pop up in your daily activities, and you'll do well at Parkland. You have to guide it though.
Would not work here
Inpatient Float Pool RN (Current Employee), dallas, txFebruary 21, 2015
I only work at parkland because the inpatient float pool pays extremely well. The patient to RN ratio sucks and the assignments are terrible. Float pool gets dumped on hard and it is very unsafe.
No better place to get experience.
Nurse Practitioner I (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers, fast paced, great experience
Cons: weak management, heavy patient load
Great co-workers with weak managers that are more concerned with appeasing upper management than building a strong team that is the backbone of the entire healthcare system.

1 2 3 4 5