Parkland Health & Hospital System Employee Reviews

Exciting job as a whole
EVS Project Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TxAugust 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: Bad Managers
Parkland is an overall great place to work. The only issues that
I have are concerning the contracted managers that they hired. They have a company that hires people who lack the skills necessary to have a working environment that is employee friendly. Most employees including myself agree that they are not willing to pay employees for the quality of work that they are asking for. My co-workers are some of the most amazing people who make sacrifices to please the patients, visitors and each other. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of organization in our department. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that even if the managers don't show appreciation, the patients and their families greet us with open arms and thanks for our jobs well done. I have learned a lot of things while at Parkland, but one thing that I take to heart is learning to work with passion and purpose for helping people.
ER HIM TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Work hour
Cons: Very large
Great place to work. Great place for advancement and great learning opportunities. Friendly atmosphere. Enjoyed helping change a department from paper records to electronic medical records.
Great place to work at
Language Rep/Patient Relations Rep II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: no person is turn away
Cons: none
Parkland is a great place that helps people in need. Is a fast growing company with a lot to offer, both for employees as well for patients in need of medical assistance.
Parkland is a very good learning experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2015
Parkland can teach you new things daily. I was able to grow while working here. My co-workers became like family.The providers i worked with were always willing to teach me.
Hospital to learn and grow with.
Interpreter/Patient Relations Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 18, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at this place. By far the Top Hospital in the country. It has so much improved and grown that I would be honored to go back and work there anytime. As a position arises, you can bet on me applying. It has improved so much by far. A place to learn, get experience and grow.
Financial Counselor
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 17, 2015
PBX Operator/started on the nurse line department/answer calls took down demographics/symptoms and then transfer calls to a nurse for triage. Promoted to Insurance Verification Specialist, where I would pre register patient for future appointment. Consisted of verifying what type of coverage the patient had, checking if Medicare/Medicaid/PHP or Commercial Ins was active. Call patient to update demographic/coverage and then confirmed appointment. Financial Counselor I worked at Pre Anesthesia registering patient/updating demographic/coverage or assisting patient with coverage. Collecting co payment.
Parkland Hospital
Medical assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 16, 2015
As a county hospital PARKLAND stays busy day and night i've learn that no matter how many endless of walk ins we have we treat every patient with the same amount of care.My manager always spoke to us in a very polite manner always hearing everyone out to make our work space had a positive atmosphere ,My co-works were always team players always on the job. i think the hardest part of the job was working 12 hour graveyard shifts but that with time we learn to adapt to it the most enjoyable times in parkland was having to work with the patients and being able to meet their healthcare satisfaction.
work
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 15, 2015
its a nice place to work high energy enviroment .good pay and great hours nice employes etc great lunch good benefits and other things
Great place to work and grow.
RN UM III/NURSING HOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 15, 2015
Expect exciting new learning experience with each assignment. Cultural diversity, teamwork and excellent customer service makes each day enjoyable.
a good place to work at and get experience
Medical Assistant/Unit Tech (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 9, 2015
Parkland has giving me the opportunity to gain experience and work with a diverse group of people. it is a good teaching institution,
Great place to work, dealing with transitions
Sr. Lead MRI (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits, pension plan
Cons: transition to new hospital, big facility
Really enjoy my work. The staff is great to work with in every enviroment. I enjoy standing out in our department. The challenge of making the correct decisions to navigate and instruct technologies to do exams. This allows there to be a fast pace flow. The disease processes, I see there are amazing, even for textbooks.
Fun Environment
Assist nurses (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
I worked different positions when asked, overall I worked night shift. It was a very fast pace, but the staff (co-workers) made it enjoyable.

Very rewarding and educational
ok place to work
mail clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: loved my superior
Cons: many manager were uneducated and lacked m, maturity
Everyday i would clock in around 6.55 am and eat breakfast, after i would sort all materials that were left from yesterdays work and todays work to prepare to be delivered. My co-workers where fun and entertain, but the management lacked maturity.
Parkland overall is a good place to work if you are interested in the healthcare industry
Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: The job culture
Parkland has many pros and cons but overall is a good place to work with patient care being its number 1 priority. Parkland hospital will be opening a brand new facility in the next couple of months and its employees are anxiously awaiting the grand opening.
Excellent learning opportunities
Coding Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 21, 2015
Parkland Health is a great place to work overall. They provide healthcare for a mostly indigent population in the Dallas County area of Texas.
Positive and Educating
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: Advancement
Typical day at work was fats pasted, quick on your feet, organized with attention to every detail.
I learned how to use my time wisely and work ahead, stay ahead for the next day. MY days started early and early.
My co workers where supportive, hard working nurses.
Hardest part if my job was not going, i loved going to work. Everyday was a new experience and a joy.
front line staff made psychic e/r functions
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: co workers knowing we have each others backand support was awesome
Cons: upper management, and non support, of there staff and not giving staff the proper tools, to do an affective job, constantly intimadating
lt comfortabledoctors,nurses and tech worked pretty good together meeting patients needs.The major draw back was admimastration, they didn't support staff and was constantly had staff fearful in during there job in a professional manor. Never felt comfortable Your rcoworkers where the best part of the job,the confidence provided was awesome,we used each other to survive.
My review with Parkland Hospital
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 7, 2015
My typical day at work is like being at home but away from home. I have learned and has experienced a lot of skills, talents, friendship with my co-workers and playing a team member.

The hardest part of a job will be if the individual makes it hard for themselves. My understanding is: " work smarter not harder".

Finally, the most enjoyable part of my job would be just working with the public, entertaining and/or socializing and learning new things by attending workshops, staff meetings with co workers also observing new ideas so the company can grow so that we as a team can give good care and excellent customer services to the public.
Enjoyed coworker but not management
Medicine/Gyn-Onc Social Worker II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed Coworkers
Cons: No private office space, equipment not functionable
Parkland does not in my opinion value their social workers. Management is not personable. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and helping the patients. Parkland does work hard to try to met the needs of the patients served however there can be a basis in patient care.
Excellent purpose for existence.
Applications Systems Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers, Serving the less fortunate
Cons: Over zealous management
Parkland Health was a great place to work overall. They provide healthcare for a mostly indigent population in the Dallas County area of Texas. Patients are treated with great respect whether they can pay or not. Employees on the other hand are over worked and under paid without much support from upper management.
I learned a lot of from working here. I truly have a passion for customer service. I was able to deepen this passion by working with some of the greatest people. My co-workers were the best and I miss them greatly.
The hardest part of the job was attempting to keep up with ever increasing demands on time along with trying to deal with the less than positive attitudes of superiors.
The part of this job I enjoyed the most was being able to interact with many different types of people and cultures. Bringing a smile to the face of someone stressed by work or health problems is wonderful.