Parkland School District Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and productive place to work
Speech Language Pathology Graduate Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Kernsville, PAJuly 13, 2014
A productive work environment with a supportive staff. The members of the teaching staff all seemed to get along really well. This made collaborating with co-workers easy.
Positive workplace
Janitor/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 26, 2013
-Assign cleaning duties, inspections, oversee completion of work, daily reports of what was completed.
-How to work on your own or with a team. -Supervised and unsupervised work.
Management and coworkers very easy to get along with, everyone knew their responsibilites.
-Most enjoyable part was working with fellow co-workers to complete a task.
Time Management
Custodain (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 29, 2013
Working for a School system involves more than cleaning a school and maintaining its safety, although those are the two most important jobs with being a custodian. On a daily basis a variety of rooms delegated to me are cleaned there is 4 hours in a work day and 13 rooms,restroom and a section of a cafeteria is cleaned. There is little time to sit other than ones break. In order for this to be done time management is imperative Trash, cleaning and straightening desks, wiping boards, dry mopping, vacuuming, and wet mopping rooms are done within 7-9 minutes per room. At times the Head Custodian may need assistance in set up for volley ball games, basket ball games and choir performances. There are times when the Principle may have a request and his request takes priority. When I have other jobs that come between my main responsibilities; I have to do what I can to make sure that my other responsibilities are not neglected.
Pros
ensuring that the school is safe and clean for the students and staff.
Cons
tedious cleaning of gum removal.
office person
Office (Former Employee) –  OfficeFebruary 9, 2013
I worked there for numerous years. Was treated like dirt. If you are not in a position of authority you will be treated like dirt. If you do not do what you are told (even if you know it is wrong) they will threaten you with being written up. You won't get other positions you apply for unless you know someone. Horrible school district to work for. Unless you know someone you are already on the outs with them even if you do get a job..
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Decent Job
Part-time Custodian (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 30, 2012
Not bad for a part-time custodial job. It was very relaxing and the staff was very friendly.
Staff is outstanding to work with in the Parkland School District
Principal (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 19, 2012
My tasks as an elementary principal include making instructional decisions that affect core curriculum. I work as a liaison between staff, parents, upper administration, and students. The school is large and it is challenging at times dealing with many different issues at one time. The best part of my job is building relationships with the students and the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4