Parkland Employee Reviews

Very Busy
Patient Care Tech II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: government owned
Cons: .25 cent per year
Medprovider has horrible management and are very unorganized. They don't value their employees, you're viewed as a number not a person. They hire friends of the family as managers and fire hard working people. Your raises are no more than .25 cent PER YEAR!!!! They will work you to death, expect you to work overtime but will cut your hours when doing payroll...STAY AWAY
volunteer position
Library Assistant (Former Employee), washington, dcNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good library to work for
Cons: co-workers who did not take the job as serious as others
I enjoyed working with the public, answering general inquiry questions concerning internet-based issues and general information as welll. The staff there was amazing for the most part.
Enjoyable place to work
E.R. Psychiatric Tech (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: making my own work schedule.
Cons: having to work weekends
The day is on schedule and as a Psych Tech, it my job to stay on that schedule to support stability in the patients minds. In collaboration with the nurses and social workers, we make sure that every patient has the means to support themselves not just in a crisis, but in everyday problems. I'd have to say there isn't a hard part about my job cause I've been properly trained not just from them, but from overall experience. My co workers really make the day. Everyone is on the same page and there not just for patient safety, but staff safety as well.
Sucks
Lead (Former Employee), Bonne Terre , moOctober 7, 2013
Pros: if you can make it in every day, and never question managment. you can sit on your butt all day and get paid.
Cons: if you upset managment . they will create issues for you.
I worked for the Bonne Terre location. they merged the security and housekeeping, So you have a boss in security and a boss in housekeeping. One boss makes the schedule and changes it when ever he wants.. so if you think you have a day off, think twice. work and home life balance is a joke. The other boss is never around. has no clue what is going on.
Very competitive,fast paced area to work at,
Lead Phlebotomist II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 18, 2013
Pros: sorry but there is no pros. for folks working there.
Cons: learn something new everyday. no day is the same.
Typical day at work? Since I only work weekends I have to learn every ones name all over again since the turn around is huge at the department I work at. I've worked there over 7 years now. I work first shift so I'm looking to supplement my income by looking for full time Monday-Thursday,40 hours a week,10 hour days,with every Friday,Saturday, and Sundays off.
I learn something new every time I go in to work that for me is a plus the con's are there is no room for advancement unless you are the manager's best friend or they like you then you can choose your own schedule and get advanced.
Management is bias like I said above if they like you? Only then you will be able to reach the very top and get to go back to college and get reimbursed.
My co-workers are very stressed,over worked and complain all the time, high strung anything can set them off very nasty,rude, and are not team players most are there just for a pay check and nothing more.
Hardest part of job would be to try to get crossed trained is non-existent.
The best part of my job is I get to learn something new every time I go into work the nurses on certain floors are the very best once you work there you will learn who the great nurses are and which nurses you need to stay away from.
I need a job that I can grow with and they are willing to reimburse me to go back to college would be a plus for me. I don't care to identify anyone at this time for fear I could lose my job. I currently work there and will continue to work there once I'm hired by another company full time.

I wish to remain,
Anonymous ;)
Customer Service Cashier Valet
(Cashier) (Valet) (Former Employee), DallasApril 14, 2013
Taking down cars to customers, passing out keys so valet can take down cars to customers
Great experience for clinical experience
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2012
Parkland allowed students first hand knowledge of complex cases generally read about in the text books.