Parkland

Parkland Employer Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
E.R. Psychiatric Tech (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: making my own work schedule.
Cons: having to work weekends
The day is on schedule and as a Psych Tech, it my job to stay on that schedule to support stability in the patients minds. In collaboration with the nurses and social workers, we make sure that every patient has the means to support themselves not just in a crisis, but in everyday problems. I'd have to say there isn't a hard part about my job cause – more... I've been properly trained not just from them, but from overall experience. My co workers really make the day. Everyone is on the same page and there not just for patient safety, but staff safety as well. – less
Sucks
Lead (Former Employee), Bonne Terre , moOctober 7, 2013
Pros: if you can make it in every day, and never question managment. you can sit on your butt all day and get paid.
Cons: if you upset managment . they will create issues for you.
I worked for the Bonne Terre location. they merged the security and housekeeping, So you have a boss in security and a boss in housekeeping. One boss makes the schedule and changes it when ever he wants.. so if you think you have a day off, think twice. work and home life balance is a joke. The other boss is never around. has no clue what is going on.
Very competitive,fast paced area to work at,
Lead Phlebotomist II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 18, 2013
Pros: sorry but there is no pros. for folks working there.
Cons: learn something new everyday. no day is the same.
Typical day at work? Since I only work weekends I have to learn every ones name all over again since the turn around is huge at the department I work at. I've worked there over 7 years now. I work first shift so I'm looking to supplement my income by looking for full time Monday-Thursday,40 hours a week,10 hour days,with every Friday,Saturday, and Sundays – more... off.
I learn something new every time I go in to work that for me is a plus the con's are there is no room for advancement unless you are the manager's best friend or they like you then you can choose your own schedule and get advanced.
Management is bias like I said above if they like you? Only then you will be able to reach the very top and get to go back to college and get reimbursed.
My co-workers are very stressed,over worked and complain all the time, high strung anything can set them off very nasty,rude, and are not team players most are there just for a pay check and nothing more.
Hardest part of job would be to try to get crossed trained is non-existent.
The best part of my job is I get to learn something new every time I go into work the nurses on certain floors are the very best once you work there you will learn who the great nurses are and which nurses you need to stay away from.
I need a job that I can grow with and they are willing to reimburse me to go back to college would be a plus for me. I don't care to identify anyone at this time for fear I could lose my job. I currently work there and will continue to work there once I'm hired by another company full time.

I wish to remain,
Anonymous ;) – less
Customer Service Cashier Valet
(Cashier) (Valet) (Former Employee), DallasApril 14, 2013
Taking down cars to customers, passing out keys so valet can take down cars to customers
Great experience for clinical experience
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2012
Parkland allowed students first hand knowledge of complex cases generally read about in the text books.
So far so good
ER- PFS (Current Employee), ERAugust 5, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment, very organized
Cons: the pay was not as competitive as i hoped, you get only a 30 break for 8 hrs, nothing in addition. you can’t have anything to drink as your desk.
This job is hands down the most interesting place I have ever worked! I really like my coworkers, the work, and my supervisors. I work as a PFS in the ER. If you get bored easly the ER is going to be a good place for you. You see a lot, and interact with a lot of diffrent types of people. If you are a snob or feel like your above being around poor people – more... you might not want to even apply. – less