Parkridge East Hospital

Parkridge East Hospital Employee Reviews

Great pay but always understaffed!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 30, 2014
Always worked understaffed. Oversaw 15 or more patients that required a tremendous amount of attention, when asked by the Director what could be done improve the work conditions; my reply was additional help. Additional help was never provided from management which led to complaints from patients about the services provided by staff members. The hardest part about this job was the unusually high load of work and the amount of pressure that is relied on of the Patient Care Technicians. I learned that you are not allowed to be out sick even if you have a doctor's excuse if so you will be written up. I also learned that any complaints from patients you will be written up for a first occurrence. Either of these will result in termination of employment. And I also learned no matter how well you work here it goes unnoticed, however; complaints are always noticed. I strongly would not recommend anyone with values to work for such a company, their are other area hospitals that value the hard work and utilize comments from employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Always understaffed
Good people to work with
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 18, 2015
This is a great small hospital with exceptional physicians and surgeons. The only drawback is the hourly compensation for central service and surgical technicians is lower than other facilities in the area. it is also a great hospital as far as emergency room waits being shorter than the other facilities in Chattanooga.
Pros
Good people to work with, good physicians and surgeons.
Cons
Pay is not comparable for certain positions.
Productive and fun environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 17, 2013
A typical work day was caring for patients with Emergencies and developing a care plan with the Doctor to benefit the patient and patient care while maintaining safety and assuring quality care within a certain time frame for each emergency. I learned to manage time, efforts, and rely on fellow co-workers during intense situations. My co-workers were a great source of knowledge and information and were equipped in handling all sorts of trauma's, each specialized in their own unique way. The hardest part was dealing with intense losses patients and patient families experienced and seeing stress on their face. The most enjoyable part was coming to work and being with co-workers that made it a fun place to learn and when you were able to see how you positively affected, helped, saved, a patient's life. Those feelings were treasured by me.
Pros
a fun work environment where laughter, knowledge, skills, are all encouraged
Hard to say....
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 18, 2013
Working for Parkridge East HCA was wonderful as far as employment. The Food Service Department however was out of the ordinary. The Manager, The supervisor both didn't seem as if they knew their posistion. The manager had her likes and dislikes amongst the employees. I've learn that it was best to keep to myself if I didn't want to be involved in any drama. My co-workers were 50-60 years older than me and they were sweethearts. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the different vibes from the manager and superiser. The most enjoyable part was the customers and the day coming to an end!
Pros
the hours of work never changed.
Cons
confusing pto information vs holiday pay etc.
productive and fun place to work
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  eastridge, tnMarch 5, 2014
work days go well for the most part
I've learned things as far as cashiering to cooking
management is great
co-workers are ok t work with
Great teamwork.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 2, 2012
What attracted me to this hospital was the excellent teamwork that I observed. Once hired I was accepted as part of the team right away and I was able to experience it personally. Working here has been great. I would not be leaving if it were not for relocation with my husbands job.
Pros
flexible/self scheduling
Cons
short breaks
Good co-workers
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 9, 2013
There needs to be more organization so things can run a little smoother.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Not enough help.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 5, 2014
Good place to work. Very small hospital but everyone is nice and treats you with respect.
ok to work for
environmental tech (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 28, 2014
Supervisor very irresponsible he did not supervise very well

Parkridge East Hospital Reviews by Location