Parkridge Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible place- run away fast
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 9, 2017
This is he most mismanaged company I have ever seen. It is owned by HCA but Valley doesn't follow HCA rules, and everyone knows it. In fact, during orientation they tell you " don't listen to any of these rules or guidelines because Valley does things the way they want to". They violated every employee right that exists. And they have a separate HR department who not only allows it, but participates in it.
Cons
Management, Hr
Recommend
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 24, 2017
Challenging and great learning opportunity. Was an opportunity to help others and give them assistance at some of the most challenging circumstances of their lives.

Working with the staff was very rewarding and supportive Great culture.

The job was so rewarding that even when difficult circumstances occurred, working as a team was great.

A typical day was hectic at times but provided a challenge.

Learned about the challenge of working in the healthcare industry and the service provided to community
Pros
Rewarding opportunity
Cons
Income for work was minimal, High responsibility.
Very good work experience
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 6, 2017
it takes a very caring and stern person to work with the kids at this facility. If you are easily walked on they will eat you alive. The kids are the best part of this job though. The management and nurses can be difficult to work with sometimes.
This is a horrible job
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Morris Hill RdFebruary 11, 2017
What they describe as the job doesn't include having to talk to people who are suicidal when RESPOND is unable to handle the call.
Pros
Good for a college student on weekends...time to study
Cons
Suicidal, psychotic patients and the families who made them that way.
Official response from Parkridge Valley Hospital
March 22, 2017

I’m sorry you had a bad experience. Parkridge Valley is dedicated to helping individuals who are dealing with mental, emotional or behavioral health conditions and we strive to create the best possible outcome for the patient by immediately connecting callers with mental health professionals who can provide suggestions for appropriate action and information about community mental health resources.

Toxic culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 25, 2017
Toxic Workplace Environment. No place for advancement. No appreciation for hard work. Lots of drama. Poor management.
Excellent
Counselor-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 17, 2016
The position I held was Counselor-in-Training. I received all the training & guidance I needed to fulfill my position. Company encouraged teamwork & support of clients' needs.
Excellent place to learn from and help patients.
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 5, 2016
I had one goal I tried to meet every shift, to talk personally and significantly with every patient on my unit. I documented their perception of recovery thoroughly so the larger treatment plan could benefit from it. I am good at personal conversations with hurting people, both physical and emotional. It takes will and courage to approach someone beyond the superficial, and that is what I like best about bedside-type nursing.
good
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 18, 2016
This is a great place to work , the supervisor is wonderful also .The benefits are good , I would invite everyone to work at the place.
poor work/life balance
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 6, 2016
They were always shorted staffed and often requested me to work extra shifts. This is good if you need extra income, but was not good for work/life balance. I liked the team I worked with though.
Great place to work!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 17, 2016
Parkridge Valley is a great place to work. I work as an Executive Assistant and have had a wonderful experience. I enjoy working with such a great team and have learned so much about behavioral health.
Pros
Very Professional and Caring Atmosphere
Has potential
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 3, 2015
Valley has a lot of potential, they have so many untapped resources. The best is yet to come. The 1st shift RESPOND staff is the best so is the house supervisors.
Supportive Management
Mental Health Tech II (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnJuly 29, 2015
Worked with adolescents age 13-17 suffering from a variety of problems ( behavioral, alcohol and drug abuse, family conflict, truancy, physical and emotional abuse). Duties included supervising academic and sports activities, monitoring personal progress, resolving conflicts between adolescents or adolescents and staff, talking to adolescents on a one to one basis and deciding appropriate sanctions when necessary, holding treatment focus groups, liaison with parents, social workers, nurses and psychiatrists, administrative tasks such as keeping charts updated, coordinating new staff training programs and participating in monthly staff meetings.
Pros
Cons
Late hours.
fun place to work.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 3, 2013
Very rewarding place to work. You can take any job and make it what you want. I am just going to keep writing this because it won't let me move forward until i post something longer.

Have enjoyed a long working relationship.
Social Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 14, 2013
Have had many job tittles and experiences both as an intern and as a full/part/contract employee providing social work services.
rewarding
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 5, 2012
I enjoyed my co-workers and being there working with the kids on this residential unit. I loved making a difference in their lives and making my patients day a little brighter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkridge Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkridge Valley Hospital Reviews by Location