Parks Coffee Employee Reviews

The salary is false
New account sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
It’s not a base salary plus commission. The salary is a draw from your commission. You only get a percentage of about 20% for the whole month in sales that your accounts bring in. After the month your account drops off. The commission is capped. Management was horrible, and could never make a decision without calling corporeal first. The pay periods are bi weekly. Your first month you do not get any commission, and your take home pay after taxes is around $1,100 for two weeks.
Dysfunctional branch with a current citation infront of their door.
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2018
I have been working for a few months as a route driver for Parks Pantry and all I can say is you will earn more at any minimum wage job working this many hours. You have a salary, but If you finish your work on time and get to the shop early you will get in trouble so it is best we go kill time. If you are an experienced route driver, please do not waste your time here.

Right now they have a big fine in front of their door for not having a certain food permit and they are still operating. Incompetence at its finest.
Overall good company depending on which family memeber is you manager.
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 11, 2018
The pay is not worth the stress or the amount of work you do. Also the manager is incompetent and unaware of how to run a productive department. I would suggest if you like a happy, supportive workplace ...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !
Bunch of illegals and criminals work here
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 27, 2017
If you just want to log hours and leave, then this is for you. No advancement. You'll get left in the dust and in the dark with the majority Hispanic workers and left with the parts that no one wants. Don't go there if you're a woman cuz the vulgarity and harassment is astounding.
Descent job, good pay but this company can do better.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2017
This was a pretty good job until I started getting paid salary. I first started getting paid hourly and was making good money but it all stopped when they switched to salary. I was pretty much working the same hours for less pay, almost $1200 less a month. This job was stressful when it came to doing extra stuff, if your day just consisted of just delivering, then that was a good day. But most of the time the supervisor would call and make you go fix another account. I did not like the fact that you had to maintain your truck and get all the service done to it. I feel like the company should have someone doing that instead of you having to waste your time to take the truck to the shop and wait hours until it is fixed. Another thing i did not like is no raises at all, so what your starting pay is that is all you are going to get. The company is growing and has enough money to pay the employees better. I would say at least give raises every 6 months until a certain top pay. Also company should try and average 40 hours, not 50. Depending on your route, you can work 60+ hours. And get ready to pay for toll ways, The company has a $20 limit on toll ways which I would use up in 2 days. So I would get charged about $60 every week for toll ways. Fridays were the only days I actually had time to take a lunch, Monday through Thursday I had too much work that if I took a lunch I would make my day almost 11 hours long. This job is considered salary but you do not get paid on sick days, so that does not make sense. Last thing, when you finish early you still cannot get to the warehouse until  more... after 1pm, which was dumb because If you are getting paid salary you should be able to leave once work is done. Overall their are some things the company can adjust, if they were to do that I would recommend this company. But as of now I cannot recommend this company unless you just need a job asap.  less
Pros
Listen to the radio all day, Get to be around Houston, And can be on the phone talking all day long
Cons
No raises, have to pay toll ways, no time for lunch, traffic makes your day longer, poor communication within supervisors and managers
Great company
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 10, 2017
Fun job. Good trucks. Good management ( in OKlahoma). Summer is rough but that's the same with any route job. Liked 90% of my customers. I really enjoyed my time at this company.
Pros
great hours. good pay. great managers.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement in Oklahoma
Great work environment for growth.
Route Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Prepare routes for drivers to service customers with best practices. Push sales goals and route efficiency upon drivers. Assist drivers with up sale techniques to reach those goals. Perform cold calls and presentations to obtain new business.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Cons
Traveling out of state.
Wouldn't recommend
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 23, 2017
While some of the fellow employees are great, if you can find better with a higher pay then take that instead.

They don't want to pay for overtime but will give you so much work that isn't even in your job description that you have to.

They are a revolving door of people. There's someone new almost every week in either collections, invoice and billing, or sales drivers.

The management typically doesn't accept suggested ideas to help better the department.

If you work there long enough you will notice there is a lot of favoritism within the company and decisions made are based off of work place gossip. Keep in mind this is a family run company and that is exactly how it is run.

Good Luck
Pros
Decent healthcare, holiday meal days
great customers
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 22, 2017
It is a small business that is growing. I loved my job. I did have a wonderful boss, who taught me what I know. It is really great that the owner and family works there. There are micromanagers that do not communicate well with the employees. They make assumptions. They are not good about giving raises. One of the perks with the company is you can drink all the coffee that you want to drink, taste food that a future (possible) vender would provide.
Pros
free food, occasional free food, discounts if you buy coffee
Cons
no raises, high turnover rate, managers
Great work environment high speed and great pace to work
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
Fun
Self paced
Team environment
Well organized
On time with meetings
Great and safe work place
Company management is hands on
Training is very fast and easy
Great pay
Salary
Commission
Pros
Self paced
Cons
N/a
Salary no overtime
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 13, 2017
You guys will have better pay at any fast food place. You wil be payed low salary but work long hours. My check was around $800 every two week after taxes but you work 60 plus hours a week no overtime pay only salary. You have to be there at 6am and cannot return till after 3pm even when your done early plus load up your truck and do paper work before you leave another 2 hours add. It's like running your own business but without the pay, you have to take care of everything from getting oil changes to your work truck, fueiling, creating invoice, stopping by accounts that have not paid and etc....And you are charged for every little thing from misplacing a key to damaging a uniform. Plus they force you to use there uniform service and take it out of your check. They tell you about commission but that's if you get a good route most are not, plus they reduce it for inventory, not switching pots, and going 1-5 mph over speed limit. You'll never see that commission check not a good anyways. Highest turnover I have ever seen. Worst part is your hummillated all day by management and Customers because everyone sees you as the coffee guy that can be easily replaced.
Cons
Get ready to work long and hard and no pay
Fair and Fun
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2017
I've been here a while, and the culture is great. Friendly co-workers, understanding bosses. It's run by a family, and they aim to make employees feel like family as well.
Pros
Weekends and nights off, fair pay
Not a bad place to work, just no advancement, little pay.
Service Technician/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2017
A lot of hours, no overtime pay (salary). No real room for advancement. The owners and most of the managers are pleasant to work with though. I wouldn't say it's a bad place to work.
Growing business
IT Assistant/ Administration (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 7, 2017
This is company over all has a good culture, the pay is not that great but at least its a secured job if you are looking for something stable. the pay is not that great but you can work with depending on what you can do.
Fast paced environment great people
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2016
Lots of great people at Parks just no opportunities for advancement also work 60 hours a week but on salary so no overtime
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
no advancement opportunities
produtive workplace with good employees
rt sales supervisorsalesman (Former Employee) –  houston texasMay 16, 2016
good job very demanding very little benefits good work environment you need god communication skills and work in all kinds of weather conditions
Exciting place to work for people who prefer to be out and about
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2015
Parks is a good place to work if you prefer to be out driving, delivering, contacting customers, rather than sitting at a desk all day. It's fast paced, which is good.
Pros
gain experience in product delivery
Cons
healthcare, personal/sick time off
Very productive and overall great workplace
Route Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2015
Being a totally organized company. This workplace. To this day was hard to part ways with. With dedicated ownership and their knowledge,leadership and family value. I`d refer employment to this company anytime. Co-workers were good to work with. All comes from ownership and management with great attitude,focus and strong business leadership. The hardest part of this job would have been taking consecutive days of vacation. Most enjoyable part of this job was that at the end of the day. I thanked god to go home positive and have good enough peace at mind to honestly tell my family my day was well.
Pros
Weekly meals served and company holiday gatherings
Cons
Paid holidays were rewarded as well as gifts and awards
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 7, 2015
They have a great team in place. If your customer has asked for something you don't have on your truck, the supervisors will meet you or take the items to your customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parks Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.