Parkside Lending Employee Reviews

Ups and Downs
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time here, but new management came in and the company lost it's employee focus and caring core value. It became more asset driven, which is Ok if you make sure that your employees are staying focused. It seemed decisions were being made at the top that were very poor. They lost some of their best upper management who left the company in the past year, which should have said something about the company's future. I don't see this company being in business in another year.
Pros
Peers
Cons
manage weekly schedule for public train and bus.
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2017
Manage and maintain schedule for public bus and train on the week and weekend schedule, Prepare daily gasoline usage for train and bus for weekend and weekday plus holidays.
Horrible place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 29, 2017
I was with the company for 2 years. I worked hard, tolerated a verbally abuse office mate. I complained nothing happened. Oh wait, something did happen I was laid off. After 2 years of nonsense. I was laid off with 1 week of severance. Are you kidding me?

Stay away from this cult like company!!!
Pros
Cons
Uneducated individuals working for company, sneaking underhanded deals taking place
Dont apply not a good place to work
Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Team lead needs to communicate with employees better. Communication very very bad. They can't keep people. Typical day was eight hours. Coworkers ok until something bad happens. I've learned that I will tell people not to apply there. Not a good experience.
Pros
Medical benefits good
Cons
Culture not good
management needs new skills
qc processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 19, 2016
management is very poor , treats employees horrible

takes advantages of employees , cant keep employees

not somewhere you want to work

ok for a short while
Stable Company with Good Culture
Wire Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2016
As a wire desk coordinator at Parkside, my team is responsible for sending a high volume of closing wires. We touch every loan that Parkside funds, thus our efficiency and attention to detail are of the utmost importance. Each day, we are tasked with verifying and requesting dozens of wires before the daily funding cutoff. Wires are requested by funders and closers via email, therefore we receive upwards of 200 emails daily. Staying on top of email correspondence is essential to our success.

I enjoy the culture at Parkside, and I work with people who are professional and kind. Parkside stresses peer-to-peer recognition, which is exemplified through our "Pickle" program, which allows employees to give "pickles" to outstanding coworkers. At the end of each month, the top pickle recipients earn prizes.

Working with Parkside has given me an extremely keen eye for detail. In our position, every digit must be exact, lest a wire get sent to an incorrect account or in an incorrect dollar amount. I have developed a true eagle-eye for discrepancy. I have also improved upon my time management skills, as well as my ability to stay cool under pressure. We are required to request all wires before cutoff, which requires both accuracy and efficiency.
Pros
Good Culture, Stability, Catered Breakfasts/Lunches
Cons
Pay raises are minimal, work is repetitive and lacks room for advancement
Nice place to work
Quality Control Processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 10, 2016
Small privately owned company. Daily duties varied depending upon work load and assignments. Dedicated, fun loving co-workers. Looked forward to work each day.
Pros
Interested in community service projects
Worst Business Management
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 27, 2016
This place was probably the worst place I have ever worked for given the poor management in place and failing business model for growth
Growing and changing environment
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2016
Embraced the Experience the Power of Caring tagline; honor the standards company is working to incorporate into company as it grows.
Pros
Remote capability
Cons
numerous growing pains
nice people i worked with
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 15, 2016
my biggest issue was the lack of training company wide...management communication sucks..i don't know if its the mortgage industry in general but the way management spoke to their employee definitely needs improvement. One good thing about the job was the company parties
Pros
discounted parking
Cons
hard to advance

Want to know more about Parkside Lending?

Ask a question
Casual clothes work environment, ability to work O/T
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 8, 2015
Parkside lending has a great computer system that was paperless and 90% was easy to navigate. My co-workers were amazing! Management was always too busy. I also worked remote when I wanted to. I was laid off when it got slow with about 40 others.
Growing Pains
Associate (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoApril 20, 2015
This company has a lot of potential but going through a tremendous amount of growing pains right now. It grew big too fast. Upper management still has issues being in "Every Cookie Jar". My supervisor has been there forever and do you know how many layers of upper management they have to go to to get a question answered? Too long! To our clients, it makes it seem like we're the hold up. How do I explain, "upper management won't allow my supervisor who has been here forever to make their own decisions". All the client can think of is that they needed this answer weeks ago. No matter how much upper management act like they care about us, we can voice our opinion all we want, in the end, its whatever they want anyway. This really makes us feel like our voices mean nothing. Employees who have been there forever have job titles that seem like they are Sheriff's in the company but in reality are only Mall Cops. There is constant layer of management being added from outside and not enough of us being promoted from within. Plus you can really sense who the "favorites" are. My advice to people who join is negotiate as much as you can from the beginning because the chances of you getting better than a 3 % raise every year or promoted is very RARE! Though benefits are not bad. Remember the mortgage biz fluctuates so no matter what someone promises you, its not forever. Once the rates change, your job is not guaranteed. As for job culture, I must say I wish I could give 3.75 stars because the people are the best part about this place. If you ask my why I stay, I can tell you its because  more... I love the people I work with and I stay for them. Advice to CEO, if you really want to keep your employees happy you should spend less money on event venues and have more humble intimate events and give back to your employees like a HOLIDAY BONUS! No one cares about fancy museums! What they would appreciate is if you give holiday funds so they can give their families a better holiday. How do you think it makes people feel when they hear you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on events but only give them a 2.5-3% raise for an entire years work? Take my review however you like. I hear there's over 200 employees now so something may be working right.  less
Pros
Not enough.
Cons
Read my review.
Not a positive experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Some co-workers were okay but most are young and sometimes almost felt like we were in high school. Need a little more professionalism in the office.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast once a week
Cons
No guidance from management, they just hire young people.
n/a.....
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2014
It's a company that grow very fast in a very short time. ......
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun place to work
Prefunding QC Administrative Assist/Processor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Company is very flexible, co-workers were awesome.... Option to work at home for overtime, when business was very busy!!!
Pros
Free Breakfast every Monday and free lunch every Wed
Cons
Healthcare OK, layoffs were the mortgage industry is slow
Productive and friendly enviroment
Appraisal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 3, 2013
My day at Parkside Lending was very productive from start to finish.
I learned to balance work projects and extra assignments with ease due to excellent organizational skills.
My manager was a former colleague and we worked very well together.
I loved working with my co-workers. They were friendly and easy to get along with. If I needed help, they were always there to lend a hand.
The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
I thoroughly enjoyed my job and everything it entailed. I enjoyed working with all of my vendors and investors.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly colleagues, great benefits
Cons
Being laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkside Lending. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9