Parkview Health Employee Reviews

Definitely a place you can grow
Environmental Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 18, 2017
Parkview is a place with great benefits and have opportunities for advancement. They offer bonuses twice a year and have great benefits. Can be a challenge for some getting hired.
Pros
Bonuses
PH suffers from leadership hubris
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 17, 2017
Parkview has grown it the last few years and all I can say is that this company "seems" like a great place to work but it is not.. The executive leadership seems pompous and self adoring - the directors know little of what happens in their areas and the managers do know but choose ignore bad behavior. They have a quarterly leadership meeting where the leadership get together and pat themselves on the back about how well they are doing.
Pros
Local large company
Cons
Perception is not what they really are.
I enjoy the patient care.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 10, 2017
Work more hours than hired for. Management is hard to approach. Co workers are friendly. Salary is average. Patient satisfaction is acceptable. Employee satisfaction is low.
Great Customer service
SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46845March 16, 2017
i have learned that providing great customer service is essential to a succesfull career and also for a company or organization to succeed in the business.
Social Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 5, 2017
It's a great place to work. Helping people is the main priority as it should be! Everyone works as a team and are extremely friendly and helpful. There is no such thing as a stupid question, which is great.
this is not something i would like to particiate in
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 28, 2017
everyone has their own opinion of where they want to work so stop forcing people to write reviews for resumes they have 98385 jobs for
Would not work there
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 28, 2017
The management does not want any older mature workers to move up. The only workers promoted are 40's and younger. The management needs to realize the experienced workers need to feel appreciated and given the opportunity to advance. Since you will not, people leave and take all the great experience they obtained with them. Wake up Parkview Health!
The worst Supervisors
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 11, 2017
Run do not walk from this hospital system. I worked there 4 years. They are so nice at the beginning but the management is lazy and take advantage of employees. Leave the staff why they attend leadership meeting especially on fridays. Questionable as to what they learn. Worse job experience in years at the Regional hospital and not great at the Randallia hosp.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, management
Excellent organization to work for
PPG PRIMARY CARE CLINIC MANAGER (Current Employee) –  PPG New Haven & Grabill FMFebruary 5, 2017
I'm blessed to work for a company that's mission is truly focused on providing the excellent patient care, making it a great place to work, and a place physicians want to practice. The hardest part of my job is the workload can be overwhelming and there is a lack of communication at times from senior leadership.
Pros
Free lunch, mission, and compensation package
Cons
Politics, unmanageable workload
Poor
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Attica, INJanuary 17, 2017
Working for this company is not recommended. They have Poor management, poor communications, understaffed, not very friendly.
Ur
UR Manager for PRMC, Randallia, IPRehab & SNF (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2017
I did not know this area of nursing existed. I am so happy that I discovered it. I absolutely love picking apart and analyzing the data to provide to the payor and to determinate medical necessity. I am a very detail-oriented, and analytical person. This area of nursing seems to fit right into my personality.

Through good leadership, I have been able to take a team that was only four employees, work through some issues that I was warned about in my interview, evaluate and change most processes to a more efficient way.

The hardest part of the job is getting collectors to understand the nursing side of the job. We alays manage, and I keep good relationships with these other teams.
Pros
I have an amazing team. I just love them. i love the actual tasks and work I do daily.
Cons
Changes in payor requirements make things challenging, but I just stay on top of it so that it is not an issue.
unacceptable
Warehouse Distribution tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 28, 2016
does not have any interest with the workers who are having problems from other coworkers. would never work there again for any amount of money. places unqualified people in higher positions who does not full fill their job duties
Pros
free towels
Cons
harassment of the women, not letting them move up
Parkview Health is a nice place to work
Bed Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 30, 2016
I felt proud to work at Parkview Health. I feel they are doing some really good things there and are a pillar of the community. My day was always very busy and I learned so much by listening to physicians consult with each other and the other medical staff by discussing patients with the appropriate staff. My co-workers were outstanding and we worked together as a cohesive team. We were always extremely busy but we felt accomplished when the day was done. I loved learning more and more about medicine. I learned something new every day!
Pros
Amazing coworkers through the whole health system
Cons
direct management
Mission, Vision & Values not integrated
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 16, 2016
My experience at this organization has been one of frustration. I am experienced professionally, personally and academically in continuous improvement - and my view of this organization is that it only pays lip service to it's stated mission, vision & values. The point at which it is weakest in this respect is in workforce focus. Turnover is high, and talent retention seems unimportant to all levels of leadership in my view.

Good: Excellent nurses!
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Draconian attendance policy
A good place to work.
Insurance Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 4, 2016
Parkview is a good place to work. Very active and present CEO. Parkview is a leader in giving back to the community and building a greater Fort Wayne.
Pros
Location, Benefits
Cons
Quite a bit of overtime.
Overall a pleasant experience
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 19, 2015
I had enjoyed my time with Parkview, but due to "job blending", my position was eliminated. Long hours, but the benefits were very nice.
Pros
Good work enviroment.
Cons
Long commute.
Forward thinking
Coding and Documentation Analyst and Educator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 7, 2015
This company is forward thinking in terms of what jobs need to be created in order for the patient to have a smooth experience. The overall network treats their employees well.
answering phone
Phone Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 3, 2015
answering phone calls regarding payments, inquiries, insurance. Help people with questions. Didn't get to talk to other employees as we were on the phone all day long.
Cons
no breaks
Patient driven comapny focused on helping others
Internal Audit Internship (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 27, 2015
I worked as the internal audit intern helping the 3 other auditors with thier audit and daily resonsabilities. I learned alot in the audit process and was even able to perform my own audits with little supervision by the end.
Pros
Helpfull co-workers
Cons
Corporate setting
I enjoyed working for Parkview Health.
Nutrition Services Supervisor Patient Food Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 20, 2014
I worked for Parkview Health in the Nutrition Services Department for over 6 years. I enjoyed what I did and the patients that I was able to help. I just need a job that does not require me to work every other weekend and every other major holiday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkview Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9