Parkview Health Employee Reviews in United States

Mission, Vision & Values not integrated
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 16, 2016
My experience at this organization has been one of frustration. I am experienced professionally, personally and academically in continuous improvement - and my view of this organization is that it only pays lip service to it's stated mission, vision & values. The point at which it is weakest in this respect is in workforce focus. Turnover is high, and talent retention seems unimportant to all levels of leadership in my view.

Good: Excellent nurses!
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Draconian attendance policy
A good place to work.
Insurance Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 4, 2016
Parkview is a good place to work. Very active and present CEO. Parkview is a leader in giving back to the community and building a greater Fort Wayne.
Pros
Location, Benefits
Cons
Quite a bit of overtime.
Forward thinking
Coding and Documentation Analyst and Educator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 7, 2015
This company is forward thinking in terms of what jobs need to be created in order for the patient to have a smooth experience. The overall network treats their employees well.
answering phone
Phone Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 3, 2015
answering phone calls regarding payments, inquiries, insurance. Help people with questions. Didn't get to talk to other employees as we were on the phone all day long.
Cons
no breaks
Patient driven comapny focused on helping others
Internal Audit Internship (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 27, 2015
I worked as the internal audit intern helping the 3 other auditors with thier audit and daily resonsabilities. I learned alot in the audit process and was even able to perform my own audits with little supervision by the end.
Pros
Helpfull co-workers
Cons
Corporate setting
I enjoyed working for Parkview Health.
Nutrition Services Supervisor Patient Food Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 20, 2014
I worked for Parkview Health in the Nutrition Services Department for over 6 years. I enjoyed what I did and the patients that I was able to help. I just need a job that does not require me to work every other weekend and every other major holiday.
They were to much as to what was wrong then what was better or right
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 13, 2014
Fair
quality
somewhat un fair when it comes to work
they are great people
doing everything that they expected
the people in the hospital everyone will to help you in everyway
Pros
the co workers are great
Cons
fairness
26 awesome years!
nurse leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 10, 2014
i have worked at parkview health for 26 years. it was my first and only job in a hospital, as i am a loyal employee. i have enjoyed talking to people the most! patients, and everyone else you may encounter day to day. i am a great communicator and have an awesome set of skills. as i mentioned i am also ACLS certified. i have been priviledged to work at parkview. we hold ourselves to the highest standards and our HCAHPS scores reflect that. our unit displays amazing teamwork. i am proud every day and always tell the nurses that. i make sure to take a few minutes before i leave, to thank each coworker individually. it makes a difference. i just can't say enough about all my years at parkview health!
parkview
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 12, 2014
I love doing phlebotomy and love the patients that came in on a regular bases. My co-workers was great to work with. We worked great together as a team. We made our job fun but was still very professional.
Pros
love what i do phlebotomy
Cons
better pay
Well established Level 2 Trauma Center
Care Manager - Cardiac/Medical Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 24, 2014
Provide excellent nursing care to individuals in the critical care setting.
Integral part of the team in planning and implementing a move to new hospital.
Serve as chair person of the Critical Care Education Committee.
Precept new employees on a regular rotation.
Complete sepsis audits and input data into Surviving Sepsis Campaign database.
Essential part of the committee in developing sepsis order set, sepsis protocol, and sepsis algorithm for hospital network.
Educate staff on Rotoprone Bed and ARDS on a quarterly basis.
Pros
working 3 days a week
Cons
going to work at 3am

Want to know more about Parkview Health?

Ask a question
EPIC Data Entry Spec (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 14, 2014
I challenged myself to do a few more charts each day. I enjoyed assisting physicians & nurses when asked.
Pros
great place to work.
My boss is a worm
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 31, 2014
The management are back stabbers My co worker are also backstabbers
Pros
close to home
Cons
working at parkview
No advancement opportunities
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 23, 2014
Parkview moves employees into new job roles/titles and does not change their existing job roles. Employees are not given certifications necessary for advancement and are expected to do duties that are beyond their current position without compensation. Parkview does not value the hard work of their employees.
Always learning...
Information Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 5, 2013
I learn something new almost daily. I learned to use eGate and Cloverleaf on the job. I have learned more about Health Care than I ever could have in any class. I work a lot with the Laboratory and am considered a lab "expert". I work on a team of 4 within a department of 200. I know at least half of the staff. The best part of my job is the coding/testing of the interfaces. It's such a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when the data pass through the testing tool and looks exactly as you planned it! Not so exciting when it doesn't work the first time though.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
never a dull moment
fun place to work
Scanning/Indexing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 24, 2013
answering phones, helping people, computer work, always learning something
An experience
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 1, 2013
A typical work day would consist of helping out in the mail room and sorting mail, and assisting other employees with their work. I learned how to sort mail for the mail room. Management was okay. The co-workers were kind of intimidating. There was not a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part was lunch, the food was amazing.
Healthcare
Certified Epic Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 8, 2013
Great environment to work in. Currently working on the Epic project with very tight deadlines along with new aquisitions.
Great working with the Trauma Team and patients
Patient Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 1, 2013
It was a fun job! But since I moved to Ohio, I needed work there.
An exciting, challenging, fufilling job.
Surgical / Medical Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 12, 2013
My work day was very busy with both mental and physical activity, continued interaction with customers from inside and outside the company. I had a lot of continued on the job training, because programs were always changing in this line of work. I enjoyed working with others who were talented and ambitius like myself. The hardest part of my job was having enough time in a day, but that is why we were a 24 hour service. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people and assisting others both co-workers and clients.
Love this place of employment!
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 23, 2012
Love the team work that happens at Parkview! I start my shift getting the elders up, dressed, and showered. Then proceed to breakfast. Get them involved in activities such as their ROM done, music, arts and crafts, church, etc. Then we have lunch, which I will assist in feeding if anyone needs help at meals. After lunch we allow the residents to lay down and nap if they'd like between lunch and super! Toileting is done every 2 hours unless needed more!