Parkview Hospital Employee Reviews

awesome is all I can say
Nutritional Service host 11 (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 25, 2017
Great benefits , team work I loved it there.Loved te people and the company looks out for employees.It was like working wit family.I absolutely loved it .
Pros
Cons
there are none
if you are single then this job is good as you need the flexibility and working graveyard shifts are hard.
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 7, 2017
Provide small group sesisons, individual sessions, casemanagement updates, medication dispensing, documentation of behaviors, emotions, interactions with fellow clients.
Shift work was hard when you had to do double duty such as working 2:30pm one day to 7:30am the next day with no real sleep or rest.
Enjoyed working with the children and adolescents.
Pros
worked 3 days then had 4 days off
Cons
many times those 4 days were not on weekends.
Excellent place to work. Facility was great and always making improvements.
Patient Registrar/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 23, 2017
Parkview was an excellent employer. They cared for their staff as well as patients and families. Great facility always making improvement. Caring toward, staff, patients and families
Pros
reconized staff accomplishments, special things for the holidays and appreciation
Cons
Its a 24/7 place of employent which meant weekends/holidays.
Clean and productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 27, 2017
Very clean and productive environment. Great client are satisfaction. Flexible hours. Plenty of hours and over time if needed. Responsible for 10 to 25 bed units.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
Work weekends
Supportive Workplace
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 28, 2017
Parkview is an excellent place to work. There is always room to grow and the ability to move. Everyone provides excellent care and truly cares about the patients.
ures /policies. Way too much favoritism.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 27, 2017
Most days are busy. Some days you get a break more often you don't. Inadequate training on new procedures/policies. way too much favoritism. Everyone there is related one way or another.
Pros
good benefits and pay close to home
Cons
lack of competent management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 10, 2017
I like working in this field, Can get overwhelming sometimes. I like to be busy. No problem with working here. I have learned a lot from working at Parkview with my field of work.
Sometimes there is a lack of communication so you feel like you are left in the dark on subjects. But my co workers do inform me of things later. That always helps..
Hardest part of the job for me is having to draw of newborns.
The most enjoyable part is seeing the patients getting better and able to go home. I also like when they comment to me how well I do with my draws, that they don't feel much and I do a very good job. Some say quick and easy. Makes my day to know I can make that part of their stay better.
Pros
I do have some great co workers that are always there when I need them
Cons
I would prefer to work days instead of 2nd
Love / Hate
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 4, 2017
The hospital itself is decrepit and falling apart. Literally. Windows without blinds, cracks in the floors and walls, dirty, and old. Dealing with employees in different departments was fine, a lot of friendly people work here and have worked here for 15-20 years or more, so there is a feeling of family here. Thats a plus. The managers in the Radiology Dept were great. No complaints. Sadly there are a handful of insecure, petty, and juvenile employees within the radiology dept that make work a living nightmare.
Coding ancillary charts
Outpatient ancillary coder (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 5, 2017
Days are hectic and rushed. It is hard to stay seated and focused for ours at a time. Management is under change and very unavailable. The culture is friendly from coworkers, not as much from management.
Pros
PTO time, insurance
Cons
management is unavailable much of the time, too much over timedemands.
overall
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work at.... I would go in at 9 till 5:30pm We would get mostly employees and sometimes people off the street..
Pros
lunches, insurance
Wonderful place to work
Cardio-Thoracic Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 6, 2017
Parkview is the pillar of outstanding patient care. Advanced medical technology and brilliant employees consistently bring the best care possible to every patient.
Great employees
Medical Lab Tech, Current Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wheeler, TXNovember 30, 2016
Great employees and friendly staff. Fair starting wages. Working holidays is rotated. Easy to trade days off and scheduling.
Parkview Hospital
EMERGENCY ROOM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INNovember 5, 2016
This job helps give people opportunities that not just any work place offers. I learned basically to do the majority of the things a RN would learn to do in schooling. My co workers were the best they had made work so much fun! The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the fast pace and everyone's needs. Management was ok. The availability for a flexible schedule was not there and did not work with my school schedule.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 28, 2016
Finding a balance to get all the work done plus patients getting discharged from the rooms. Different work environment.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No respect for houekeepers
Great people I work with we try and keep it fun
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 25, 2016
Typical day starts at 0730, we move all the gym equipment out, and start our first patients on there exercise assisting the physical therapist. That is mainly all I do is assist with exercise then closing time is at 1600.
Pros
hour lunch, holiday off
Cons
no breaks during day, chance of getting urine, vomit, of poo on you with no over clothing
Security is a terrible department to work for
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 27, 2016
The leadership was very poor. The security director has no experience with private security. Patients are restrained without the knowledge of the physicians. Most of the security staff have come from the local police departments. So they do not treat the patients like they should be treated. They call them names like scum bag etc. The supervisors lie on paperwork and sleep on the job. To much liability here for security officers
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership
A productive place to earn a living.
Medical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2016
I start with inventory of all equipment. Clean and sanitize medical gear and bring them back to there areas. I have a vast knowledge of medical equipment and what they are used for. My co-workers and I are like a family and lean on each other to get our jobs complete in a satisfactory manner. Hardest part of my job is trying to keep up on the busiest days. Trying to manage my duties in a timely fashion.
Pros
Cons
Hours
This is all I have to say.
Switch board, receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wheeler, TX 79096May 12, 2016
Parkview has been good to me over the years. the people I work with are friendly and I have known most of them all my life. the only reason I would leave is I need to move closer to my family.I feel the employees are very under appreciated, and we do not ever get raises or any kind of advancement. I do feel if I move anywhere else I might be able to advance myself.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
run poorly, not much chance for advancement.
Great people to work with! Not sure of the stability of the Hospital itself.
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheeler, TXApril 18, 2016
Small Hospital, overall a good place to work. Wouldn't mind staying here, but there aren't many options for living here so a commute is all but required.
Stressful but good employees
Pre-Auth Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 9, 2016
My job was very stressful and high paced. Management was not organized or supportive. My coworkers were the best part of my job. Benefits were amazing and almost made it worth staying.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
Management was unorganized and incompetent