Parkview Hospital Employee Reviews

Stressful but good employees
Pre-Auth Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 9, 2016
My job was very stressful and high paced. Management was not organized or supportive. My coworkers were the best part of my job. Benefits were amazing and almost made it worth staying.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
Management was unorganized and incompetent
Security is a terrible department to work for
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 27, 2016
The leadership was very poor. The security director has no experience with private security. Patients are restrained without the knowledge of the physicians. Most of the security staff have come from the local police departments. So they do not treat the patients like they should be treated. They call them names like scum bag etc. The supervisors lie on paperwork and sleep on the job. To much liability here for security officers
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership
A productive place to earn a living.
Medical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2016
I start with inventory of all equipment. Clean and sanitize medical gear and bring them back to there areas. I have a vast knowledge of medical equipment and what they are used for. My co-workers and I are like a family and lean on each other to get our jobs complete in a satisfactory manner. Hardest part of my job is trying to keep up on the busiest days. Trying to manage my duties in a timely fashion.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Great people I work with we try and keep it fun
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 25, 2016
Typical day starts at 0730, we move all the gym equipment out, and start our first patients on there exercise assisting the physical therapist. That is mainly all I do is assist with exercise then closing time is at 1600.
Pros
hour lunch, holiday off
Cons
no breaks during day, chance of getting urine, vomit, of poo on you with no over clothing
This is all I have to say.
Switch board, receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wheeler, TX 79096May 12, 2016
Parkview has been good to me over the years. the people I work with are friendly and I have known most of them all my life. the only reason I would leave is I need to move closer to my family.I feel the employees are very under appreciated, and we do not ever get raises or any kind of advancement. I do feel if I move anywhere else I might be able to advance myself.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
run poorly, not much chance for advancement.
PATIENT ACCESS SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 10, 2015
Parkview is a great place to work with very friendly staff that are always ready to lend a helping hand. The benefits are Parkview were affordable and extremely good. I would like to reapply at Parkview in my future.
Hospital setting is great for all types of medical transcription.
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 5, 2013
I enjoy being a medical transcriptionist and would like to work at home, and Parkview Hospital offers a home transcriptionist program. The benefits at Parkview are also good. I've learned a great deal about the medical field from transcribing medical documents. My coworkers are a great help and answer questions when I need help. The hardest part of my job are the evening hours I work, as I would like to work daytime hours because of family and personal reasons. Management at Parkview is there to help by letting me know where I need improvement, but also to let me know when I have exceeded expectations.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Great people to work with! Not sure of the stability of the Hospital itself.
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheeler, TXApril 18, 2016
Small Hospital, overall a good place to work. Wouldn't mind staying here, but there aren't many options for living here so a commute is all but required.
Parkview is a great place to work
Registered Nurse - RN Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 8, 2015
At first,t the size of the Parkview Institution seems a little intimidating. After you are there a while, you start to learn the employees really care tremendously about their patients and helping each other work as a team. Truly enjoyed the 5 years I worked there. I moved on due to job promotion.
Pros
benefits, great managers & co-workers
Cons
mandated ot.
Clean, light and open atmosphere, friendly greeting from all employees
ADMISSONS REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 3, 2015
Busy fast paced environment, encouraging team strength and comradery. Continuous training and customer service thru Studer AIDET training, and observation. Commitment to treat ALL patients with respect and dignity. Career advancement easily obtained by hard work, and dependability, two of my strengths.
Pros
Yearly bonus for meeting customer service goals, monthy theme potlucks to develop team strength
Cons
Minimal staff, breaks when time allows.
Lots of oppertunity for overtime
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 6, 2015
I like my job. It is every challenging and I work with a awesome team. However I am trying to finish my Bachelors Degree in nursing and must devote more time to that.
The hardest part of my job is that for me it is emotionally stressful, not only for the staff but also for the patient and the family. What I like most about my job is that through my kind, caring words and actions, I am able to give the "hopeless" and their families, hope. Being in the hospital is a place to start to get help and I am honored to be part of that team.
When I get my degree, I hope to get into management so that I can be more of an asset to my future company.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Mental health is not for everyone, especially geriatrics
Fun and exciting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKDecember 1, 2015
The management was fine the nursing staff was great. The doctors were wonderful to me. The office started to get a little crowded. The most exciting thing about my job was meeting new people.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no time off
Professional atmosphere
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2013
Working at Parkview is a whole different ball game. I work on second shift, which is typically the busiest shift of the day. We average around 5 to 10 patient watches a day and typically do not even get time to relax. We are constantly moving and constantly helping others. The benefits are amazing when it comes to healthcare and 401K.
Lots of Learning
Sterile Processing Tech / enviromental services (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 6, 2014
Lots of running around

different types of tools

ok

co-workers hard at work

hardest part of job learning how to get around all of Hospital

being able to meet so many people
Pros
good benifits
Cons
gets hecktic
Fast paced, enjoyable work place.
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 10, 2013
Answering calls all day for a 5 system hospital along with physicians and other companies.
The hardest part was to keep up with all the new programs.
We also answered for emergencies such as code blues, fires etc.
Pros
benefits and good work enviorment.
Cons
sitting for long period of times.
productive and fast pace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 29, 2012
Co-Workers become like family, advancement opportunities, flexible work schedules for college students and good benefits
Great place to work if you want to make a difference in health care!
Director of Flight and EMS (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2014
Fast paced and state of the art patient care at a beautiful new facility.
Pros
employee oriented, staff satisfaction, great benefits.
Cons
large, busy institution with high census.
Great job. Friendly and supportive staff
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 19, 2012
Sitting with patients was the primary responsiblity of a Patient Sitter.
However sometimes it was difficult to be in a room for long periods of time without getting relief.
Pros
great benefits good place to work
Love that it is Non for profit
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, InMay 22, 2012
It is a very good employer with wonderful benefits. The pay is competitive, insurance is wonderful.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
payscale
Enjoy a great day at work no matter what!
Medical Records Assistant / Archivist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2015
Work will always be a fast pace environment and overwhelming at times, that is why us employees have to find something that can keep us calm and positive at all times. Keep a smile on your face keep your personal problems at home, keep some inspirational quotes around your desk, go for walks on your lunch break, if allowed play some jazz or classical music while you do your work. Take a few breaths and remember your their to work to keep the company happy its all business nothing personal. So enjoy a great day at work, no matter what!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkview Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.