PARKVIEW MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

productive and fun working enviroment
Supervisor-Environmental Services (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 6, 2015
Pros: great director and fellow supervisors
Cons: short lunch
I get to work at 6:00 am and the day starts very fast, checking the census of the hospital so I can direct my staff accordingly. walk the entire hospital making sure the floors are clear and clean. Direct the grave yard people thru their last couple of hours. Then assign and direct the day shift people accordingly always starting with positive motivation. I have learned so much about the health care system and how important our technicians are and what amazing hard workers they are. The hardest part of the job is managing all the personal things that can come up in peoples personal lives and the call offs and FMLA and workmen's compensation all while trying to keep a full shift and ensure 100% cleanliness of the hospital. The best part is taking calls, helping people out and putting out fires solving problems and turning over dismissals as quickly as possible. I love the pressure of it all

July 22, 2015

Sounds like you have a very busy day and are playing a very important part in the Parkview Way. Every member of our team was hired because they bring something unique and awesome to Parkview Medical Center (PMC), and our Environmental Techs are indeed very important. Most importantly, they save lives! Regardless of start date, and/or position, we want everyone to feel like an important and valued part of the Parkview Team and it sounds like you are doing a great job to help them feel valued. Thank you for that. Thanks for leaving this great review and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Great Place
CNA (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 6, 2015
I have loved working for Parkview Medical Center. Everyone is willing to teach you and help out. Treat people like you want to be treated and you will succeed and enjoy being employed there. After three years it was bittersweet to leave.

July 22, 2015

Thank you so much for your sweet and kind review. I’m glad you liked working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) and were treated well while you were here! I am sorry to hear you had to leave, I hope your next journey is as wonderful as your time here at Parkview! Maryalicia, Talent Acquisitions Manager for Parkview Medical Center, maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com

REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJune 23, 2015
IT WAS AND IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK, YOU LEARN ALOT WITH EACH DIFFERENT PROVIDER AND YOU GET A CHANCE TO ADVANCE YOUR SKILLS ALONG THE WAY

June 26, 2015

Thanks for making my day with this positive review at Indeed for Parkview Medical Center (PMC). We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily and you are one of them. I am pleased to hear you learned a lot and advanced your skills that continue to help you grow as a professional with different providers. Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at PMC. Contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback.

Fun people
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJune 22, 2015
Good people. GOOD SUPERVISOR. Good cooperation good benefits. Fast paced environment. typical day is transporting patients.

June 26, 2015

I’m glad you like working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) and thank you for leaving us positive feedback! We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. We do have a fast paced and very challenging work environment, and glad you understood this aspect of the environment you were in. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

ER Admission Clerk (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMay 31, 2015
Very busy place to work. Learned to work with all types of personalities. Wonderful co workers. Most departments help each other. Great benefits and great employees.

June 10, 2015

I’m glad you like working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) and I personally feel very proud of the organization. Our employees work hard to not only support the lives of the doctors, their staff and patients, they also work to support a positive work environment within the hospital and each of our offices. We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. Thanks again and please feel free to share an further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

ehics of middle management needs changing
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Pueblo, COApril 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough staff
wouldnt go back, long hours with unapprove overtime.djob was the ed overtime. it began to feel like their were cameras watching us.the competency of the staff i worked with were well qualified, but were constantly being reminded of need for improvement. the hardest part of the job was knowing what middle management really wanted

June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here on Indeed. While I would like all reviews here to be glowing, I love that we have feedback to understand how current employees are experiencing their time at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). I will be sure to let the leadership know about your concerns on communication and not being paid for overtime. Here at Parkview we are constantly striving to be the best hospital to work at, we do this by rounding. Over and over again, rounding has proven to be the best way to collect vital information, reward and recognize, build relationships, and validate key behaviors for safety. Unfortunately, instead of being perceived as positive, it sometimes as seen as 'leadership checking up' on individuals. It truly is meant to achieve consistency, standardization, and engagement with employees, physicians, and patients at PMC. So next time they come around, please feel free to discuss some of the concerns you have with them. If unsure to share there, please feel free to reach out to me and I will share anonymously with the leadership. Open communication is an enormous part of our mission so I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on how we can continue to improve in the areas you mentioned in your review at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

great team work and environment
student extern (Current Employee), Pueblo, CODecember 16, 2014
work starts at 545 am/pm depending on your shift. we get report and start our shift, must give patients fresh water with ice. and them do patient care. vital signs are done twice a shift at 11 and 4 and must be charted in the computer. lines and trash are also done every shift. must give report to on coming shift.

June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and what an average shift might be like as an extern here on Indeed. Reviews like your help give others an idea of what the position may be like and we appreciate that! Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Good place, nice people
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee), Pueblo, CONovember 3, 2014
It's a nice place to work if you are full time. PRN's like me on the other hand have to work pretty undesirable hours such as nights and weekends, which is fine if you don't have children or a family.

The job is hard at first until you figure out the routine and then it's pretty cool. Co-workers are helpful. Management lacks something to be desired, they don't seem to ever get anywhere.

Hardest part of the job is making sure you have a thick skin, the patients can be difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is facilitating groups.

June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). While I would certainly like to see fewer negative reviews like this one here on Indeed, I value your opinion as well as all others expressed here. PRN positions are so important here at PMC, and we want you to feel as special as Full-time employees, this is one of the reasons PRN employees make more money than our fulltime hours, because you do fill a critical role in covering shifts that our fulltime are unable too. I am so glad your enjoy working with helpful co-workers! Concerning your comments on leadership, while I cannot address specific issues without more information I can say we are working hard to create a mission-driven and engaging company! PMC is always looking for new ways to reinforce our mission and identify specific programs to recognize our company values. In fact, this past year we started new efforts with our leadership engagement, education, and training to rally the team around our mission, vision and values. I think you’ll like where we are heading! Thanks and, as always, please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback.

excellent
RN Traveler (Former Employee), Pueblo, COAugust 24, 2014
worked on med-surg and neuro floors. general med-surg and stroke patients.

June 10, 2015

Hi and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here on Indeed. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been an 'excellent' one. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Steady work crazy days
Patient Transportation (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 26, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: short breaks/ lunch
Steady work and a lot of it to go around, during the busy times it is non stop and there is a good chance of overtime. This of course depends on the department. The problem here is that it is hard to connect with coworkers because there may be too much work.

June 10, 2015

Hi and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here on Indeed. We are fortunate to have such Great staff who work together to achieve positive results for all patients and guests. I am sad you have been unable to get to know them better, however I hope when you have a moment you can get to know your team better. I am pleased you enjoy the extra hours and discounted lunches. The Cafe in the North annex has great food doesn't it?! Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com

Operators
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: i got out
Cons: management-
Ethically horrible atmosphere ,especially if you work in the communications department with the evil vindictive Lead/supervisors.

June 10, 2015

Thanks for the feedback (sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed). We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees here at Parkview Medical Center (PMC), so I'm disappointed to hear about your work experiences while you were here. I value your opinion as well as all others expressed here and will share it with the leadership. Since your review was left, we have started new efforts with our leadership engagement, education, and training to rally the team around our mission, vision and values. We are improving immensely in terms of better leadership and communication! Thanks and, as always, please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback.

A great stepping stone:
Physician Suport Service (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJune 29, 2014
Pros: working with electronic medical records, many differant fields
Cons: to many managers, changes in office function
I really didn't have a typical day, I was a float, so my day was different every day. I was exposed to several different fields of medicine, form surgery to family practice. To go with the diversity in work I also had a handful of managers. Working with all these different managers was challenging at times, however was also rewarding. I got to work with some of the best medical staff out there. Which was a terrific learning experience for me. The most challenging part was that I would learn how that doctor or office likes things, then I was moved to a new location. Although I did learn quite a-bit in different specialties and that I enjoyed.

June 10, 2015

I’m glad you like working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) and are learning a tremendous amount while here. Learning about your position and how to work with dynamic and diverse individuals. Networking and relationships are what make a great team! Our employees work hard to not only support the lives of the doctors, their staff and patients, they also work to support a positive work environment within the hospital and each of our offices. We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Productive Workplace
Social Work Student Intern (Former Employee), Pueblo ColoradoMay 6, 2014
Shadowed and facilitated inpatient small groups and individual therapy sessions. Completed social histories, treatment planning, discharge planning and case documentation.

June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). Your reviews allows other interns, externs, and future employees get an idea of what they can learn while going to school. I admire your hard work and commitment to education! Thanks for helping us learn while you were here too. Please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback. (sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed).

Loved working with patients.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMay 2, 2014
Pros: insurances
Cons: hostile work place no breaks1
Could not trust coworkers managers non existent no breaks short lunch.Integrity not acknowledged.Employees claiming to have medical licenses that do not. Extremely hostile work environment overall.

June 10, 2015

Great team-work, never felt alone in critical situations
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 27, 2014
Pros: team-work and high morale
Cons: long hours
I could not have worked in this high-acuity environment without the great team-work that was encouraged by the unit manager and various leaders. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, but that was balanced out by the opportunity to experience a complete day with patients and the time off between work days.

June 10, 2015

It always makes my day when I read a positive review at Indeed and hear that our former employees felt empowered and engaged while working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). While often Medical centers like ours have long hours, I am pleased to read you were able to balance work and personal life. We do have a great team here at PMC! Our employees work hard to not only support the lives of the doctors, their staff and patients, they also work to support a positive work environment within the hospital and each of our offices. We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Fast paced, sometimes demanding work.
EMT-Basic, IV Cert. (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 12, 2014
Pros: 12 hr shifts
Cons: demanding breaks hard to come by. need to take care of patients a priority.
Enjoyable place to work, but can be overloaded on occasion. Good people for co-workers.

June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). While often Medical centers like ours have long hours, I am pleased to read youunderstood patients are a priority. We do have a great team here at PMC! Our employees work hard to not only support the lives of the doctors, their staff and patients, they also work to support a positive work environment within the hospital and each of our offices. We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com. . (Sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed).

great staff, opportunites for clinical interventions
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 10, 2014
A good overall job experience. During the year that I spent there, the facility upgraded to meditech 6.0 and to CPOE.

June 10, 2015

I’m glad you liked working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) . We are constantly seeking to improve our technologies, and have upgraded since you left. Physicians are becoming more tech savvy, as well as new graduates, and are increasingly open to the role technology can play in the Healthcare fields. The computer system was upgraded to Meditech 6.07 and we are working to improve it everyday. And Great news! We have just upgraded to a new interface for Patient Touch and Meditech that will pull all information into Meditech and it will also provide a complete bi-directional interface. Parkview continues to work to eliminate paper processes on the floor and improve our process flow. We would love to hear ways to improve! Please send your suggestions to the IT Dir. at jim_hruby@parkviewmc.com or contact me at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com. Thanks so much for your help! It means so much to us to know what we can do to improve. (Sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed).

Not a fun place to work
Health Information Assistant (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 2, 2014
Pros: book fairs, pay roll deduct
Cons: short breaks depressing work enviroment, very low pay.
Excellent medical care for patients but staff is treated very poorly. Some departments are worse then others in terms of working. Alot of seasoned employees are leaving their postion because of the hostile enviroment.

June 10, 2015

Fast paced, high pressure and exciting field to work in.
Surgical Tech Intern (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: employee food discounts
Cons: as a prn job, there are no medical benefits (only for part time and full time employees)
A typical day involved focusing on the patients' well being and their families, first and foremost.
Given the high stress atmosphere of the hospital setting, it is daily humbling reminder of the value of health (mentally , physically and emotionally)
As I worked in 2 different departments (one administrative and one medical), I found that both extremes always need to coexist in order to provide the best possible outcome for the most valued resource, the patient.
The hardest part of the job is the constant focus that needs to be placed in order to do the job at hand successfully and this as well was the most enjoyable part of the job from the sense of satisfaction in delivering a job well done.

June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). Your reviews allows other interns, externs, and future employees get an idea of what they can learn while going to school. I admire your hard work and commitment to education! PRN positions are so important here at PMC, and we want you to feel as special as Full-time employees, this is one of the reasons PRN employees make more money than our fulltime hours, because you do fill a critical role in covering shifts that our fulltime are unable too. However, although the PRN status do get more monies per hour, they do not receive some of the benefits. If you work more than 36 hours, you will be awarded some additional benefits other PRN employees do not get. Thanks for helping us learn while you were here too. Please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback. (Sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed).

Much turmoil
nurse (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: pay is fair, you will stay busy.
Cons: honesty is one of the hospital values, but it is not appriciated or acknowledged. doing a good job is not appriciated.
Its not what you know, its who you know , for any advancement.
Management is bloated and paralyzed,it is difficult to implement any new concept across the departments. Very little teamwork among different departments. Older coworkers are more professional and work oriented, younger ones more clannish and at ease.
The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the patients and families. The most difficult part of the job is meeting or exceeding expectations of the patients. Poor training in all areas of the hospital, when new things are rolled out, make it extremely difficult to succeed and do a good job.

June 10, 2015

Thanks for the feedback (sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed). We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees here at Parkview Medical Center (PMC), so I'm disappointed to hear about your work experiences while you were here. I value your opinion as well as all others expressed here and will share it with the leadership. Since your review was left, we have started new efforts with our leadership engagement, education, and training to rally the team around our mission, vision and values. We are improving immensely in terms of better leadership and communication! We have also rolled out a week long General Orientation since you left Parkview. We are also working to improve our training, engagement, and position success for our new hires! Thanks and, as always, please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback.