Parkview Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Can handle any day here.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 30, 2015
Not too bad, or stressful. Follow quotas, and assist customers. Pretty easy and direct. Most positions are not FT. Good for a temporary job to hold you over. cannot complain.

Comment – November 16, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and what an average shift might be like as a Phlebotomist here on Indeed. Reviews like yours help give others an idea of what this position may be like and we appreciate that! Especially because we have an amazing Lab Department with excellent leadership. I did want to mention that a couple of years ago, we reworked our staffing in the lab to work with college students who wanted to gain hospital and lab experience. They could not work full time, so we took a couple of FT positions and made them into PRN positions, allowing more students to get employment at Parkview. Although it seems like most positions are PRN, it is actually about 50/50. I wanted to further address your comment “Good for a temporary job to hold you over.” Many of our employees work temporarily as a phlebotomist as part of their career path, and we are also happy to employ professionals that enjoy phlebotomy as a lifelong career. By the same token, we are also happy to employ professionals that desire to ultimately work in other professions in our facility. Many of our phlebotomists go on to enter healthcare professions in our facility that require additional education – such as nurses, therapists, medical laboratory scientists, etc. Ultimately we strive to make Parkview Medical Center a great place to enjoy work (for years to come) that serves our community and Southern Colorado. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

A Day at Parkview
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 17, 2015
I have been employed at Parkview for 7 years. I started at Parkview while I was attending school at Pueblo Community College for Respiratory Therapy. I started out as an Oxygen Technician. I advanced into the Respiratory Therapy Technician after my first year of the Respiratory Therapy program. Once I completed the program, I became a Certified Respiratory Therapist. I continued my education toward Cardiac Sonography. Parkview allowed me to work as a Certified Respiratory Therapist while doing my clinicals for Cardiac Sonography. My final graduation lead me to a full time position as a Registered Echo Sonographer.
Parkview is a fast paced environment. We have a total of 3 full time echo sonographers for a 350 bed hospital. We work 10 hour shifts with 2 sonographers per day. We work together as a team to make sure that we can complete all orders per day. The hardest part of our day is to follow-up on education. The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people.
Pros
We are busy and the day goes by faster
Cons
It is hard to say good-bye

Comment – October 7, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here on Indeed. I am so pleased you have continued your education while working at Parkview. I hope you took advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program. Sounds like your days are very busy, which can be typical for our employees, but also very rewarding. I love reading about the teamwork, and our employees excel in this area! Again, thanks for leaving a detailed review that helps give future employees and idea of what it's like to work at Parkview. Please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Hostile work environment created by fellow employees
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, ColoradoSeptember 1, 2015
Great pay. New employees are treated like absolute garbage. New employees are not treated fairly, others bad mouth them into thinking they are absolutely worthless. Would no longer recommend this place to work.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Split days off / horrible life/work balance. New employees are treated like absolute garbage

Comment – September 16, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here on Indeed. While I would like all reviews here to be glowing, I love that we have feedback to understand how current employees are experiencing their time at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). We do not condone behavior from leadership, and have worked very hard to improve employee engagement and welcoming them with a longer orientation and training. We encourage you to please bring any issues or negative interactions that are making you uncomfortable to the attention of your supervisor. If your direct leadership if the issue, please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.comand I will handle it anonymously. This is important for us to start overcoming these issues, because we do not want our employees working in an uncomfortable environment. or feel they they are not respected or valued. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Fast Paced work environment.
Environmental Tech 2/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Parkview and was sad to have to leave. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Manager trusted me to do the job at the quality required.
Pros
CEO involvement in all departments
Cons
Shedule was split

Comment – July 22, 2015

I am sorry to hear you had to leave, but so glad to hear that everyone was friendly and helpful while you were here. Our people are amazing, and really the backbone of Parkview. I am also so pleased to hear your manager trusted you and made you feel comfortable when getting the job done! We will be here, so if you ever need a place, feel free to come back to us! maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com

productive and fun working enviroment
Supervisor-Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 6, 2015
I get to work at 6:00 am and the day starts very fast, checking the census of the hospital so I can direct my staff accordingly. walk the entire hospital making sure the floors are clear and clean. Direct the grave yard people thru their last couple of hours. Then assign and direct the day shift people accordingly always starting with positive motivation. I have learned so much about the health care system and how important our technicians are and what amazing hard workers they are. The hardest part of the job is managing all the personal things that can come up in peoples personal lives and the call offs and FMLA and workmen's compensation all while trying to keep a full shift and ensure 100% cleanliness of the hospital. The best part is taking calls, helping people out and putting out fires solving problems and turning over dismissals as quickly as possible. I love the pressure of it all
Pros
great director and fellow supervisors
Cons
short lunch

Comment – July 22, 2015

Sounds like you have a very busy day and are playing a very important part in the Parkview Way. Every member of our team was hired because they bring something unique and awesome to Parkview Medical Center (PMC), and our Environmental Techs are indeed very important. Most importantly, they save lives! Regardless of start date, and/or position, we want everyone to feel like an important and valued part of the Parkview Team and it sounds like you are doing a great job to help them feel valued. Thank you for that. Thanks for leaving this great review and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Great Place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 6, 2015
I have loved working for Parkview Medical Center. Everyone is willing to teach you and help out. Treat people like you want to be treated and you will succeed and enjoy being employed there. After three years it was bittersweet to leave.

Comment – July 22, 2015

Thank you so much for your sweet and kind review. I’m glad you liked working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) and were treated well while you were here! I am sorry to hear you had to leave, I hope your next journey is as wonderful as your time here at Parkview! Maryalicia, Talent Acquisitions Manager for Parkview Medical Center, maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com

Registered medical assistant
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 23, 2015
It was and is a great place to work, you learn alot with each different provider and you get a chance to advance your skills along the way

Comment – June 26, 2015

Thanks for making my day with this positive review at Indeed for Parkview Medical Center (PMC). We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily and you are one of them. I am pleased to hear you learned a lot and advanced your skills that continue to help you grow as a professional with different providers. Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at PMC. Contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback.

Fun people
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 22, 2015
Good people. GOOD SUPERVISOR. Good cooperation good benefits. Fast paced environment. typical day is transporting patients.

Comment – June 26, 2015

I’m glad you like working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) and thank you for leaving us positive feedback! We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. We do have a fast paced and very challenging work environment, and glad you understood this aspect of the environment you were in. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

ER Admission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 31, 2015
Very busy place to work. Learned to work with all types of personalities. Wonderful co workers. Most departments help each other. Great benefits and great employees.

Comment – June 10, 2015

I’m glad you like working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) and I personally feel very proud of the organization. Our employees work hard to not only support the lives of the doctors, their staff and patients, they also work to support a positive work environment within the hospital and each of our offices. We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. Thanks again and please feel free to share an further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

ehics of middle management needs changing
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 13, 2015
wouldnt go back, long hours with unapprove overtime.djob was the ed overtime. it began to feel like their were cameras watching us.the competency of the staff i worked with were well qualified, but were constantly being reminded of need for improvement. the hardest part of the job was knowing what middle management really wanted
benefits
Cons
not enough staff

Comment – June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here on Indeed. While I would like all reviews here to be glowing, I love that we have feedback to understand how current employees are experiencing their time at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). I will be sure to let the leadership know about your concerns on communication and not being paid for overtime. Here at Parkview we are constantly striving to be the best hospital to work at, we do this by rounding. Over and over again, rounding has proven to be the best way to collect vital information, reward and recognize, build relationships, and validate key behaviors for safety. Unfortunately, instead of being perceived as positive, it sometimes as seen as 'leadership checking up' on individuals. It truly is meant to achieve consistency, standardization, and engagement with employees, physicians, and patients at PMC. So next time they come around, please feel free to discuss some of the concerns you have with them. If unsure to share there, please feel free to reach out to me and I will share anonymously with the leadership. Open communication is an enormous part of our mission so I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on how we can continue to improve in the areas you mentioned in your review at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Want to know more about Parkview Medical Center?

Ask a question
great team work and environment
student extern (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 16, 2014
work starts at 545 am/pm depending on your shift. we get report and start our shift, must give patients fresh water with ice. and them do patient care. vital signs are done twice a shift at 11 and 4 and must be charted in the computer. lines and trash are also done every shift. must give report to on coming shift.

Comment – June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and what an average shift might be like as an extern here on Indeed. Reviews like your help give others an idea of what the position may be like and we appreciate that! Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Good place, nice people
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 3, 2014
It's a nice place to work if you are full time. PRN's like me on the other hand have to work pretty undesirable hours such as nights and weekends, which is fine if you don't have children or a family.

The job is hard at first until you figure out the routine and then it's pretty cool. Co-workers are helpful. Management lacks something to be desired, they don't seem to ever get anywhere.

Hardest part of the job is making sure you have a thick skin, the patients can be difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is facilitating groups.

Comment – June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). While I would certainly like to see fewer negative reviews like this one here on Indeed, I value your opinion as well as all others expressed here. PRN positions are so important here at PMC, and we want you to feel as special as Full-time employees, this is one of the reasons PRN employees make more money than our fulltime hours, because you do fill a critical role in covering shifts that our fulltime are unable too. I am so glad your enjoy working with helpful co-workers! Concerning your comments on leadership, while I cannot address specific issues without more information I can say we are working hard to create a mission-driven and engaging company! PMC is always looking for new ways to reinforce our mission and identify specific programs to recognize our company values. In fact, this past year we started new efforts with our leadership engagement, education, and training to rally the team around our mission, vision and values. I think you’ll like where we are heading! Thanks and, as always, please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback.

excellent
RN Traveler (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 24, 2014
worked on med-surg and neuro floors. general med-surg and stroke patients.

Comment – June 10, 2015

Hi and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here on Indeed. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been an 'excellent' one. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Steady work crazy days
Patient Transportation (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 26, 2014
Steady work and a lot of it to go around, during the busy times it is non stop and there is a good chance of overtime. This of course depends on the department. The problem here is that it is hard to connect with coworkers because there may be too much work.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
short breaks/ lunch

Comment – June 10, 2015

Hi and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here on Indeed. We are fortunate to have such Great staff who work together to achieve positive results for all patients and guests. I am sad you have been unable to get to know them better, however I hope when you have a moment you can get to know your team better. I am pleased you enjoy the extra hours and discounted lunches. The Cafe in the North annex has great food doesn't it?! Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com

Operators
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 24, 2014
Ethically horrible atmosphere ,especially if you work in the communications department with the evil vindictive Lead/supervisors.
Pros
I got out
Cons
Management-

Comment – June 10, 2015

Thanks for the feedback (sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed). We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees here at Parkview Medical Center (PMC), so I'm disappointed to hear about your work experiences while you were here. I value your opinion as well as all others expressed here and will share it with the leadership. Since your review was left, we have started new efforts with our leadership engagement, education, and training to rally the team around our mission, vision and values. We are improving immensely in terms of better leadership and communication! Thanks and, as always, please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback.

A great stepping stone:
Physician Suport Service (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 29, 2014
I really didn't have a typical day, I was a float, so my day was different every day. I was exposed to several different fields of medicine, form surgery to family practice. To go with the diversity in work I also had a handful of managers. Working with all these different managers was challenging at times, however was also rewarding. I got to work with some of the best medical staff out there. Which was a terrific learning experience for me. The most challenging part was that I would learn how that doctor or office likes things, then I was moved to a new location. Although I did learn quite a-bit in different specialties and that I enjoyed.
Pros
working with electronic medical records, many differant fields
Cons
To many managers, changes in office function

Comment – June 10, 2015

I’m glad you like working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC) and are learning a tremendous amount while here. Learning about your position and how to work with dynamic and diverse individuals. Networking and relationships are what make a great team! Our employees work hard to not only support the lives of the doctors, their staff and patients, they also work to support a positive work environment within the hospital and each of our offices. We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Productive Workplace
Social Work Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Pueblo ColoradoMay 6, 2014
Shadowed and facilitated inpatient small groups and individual therapy sessions. Completed social histories, treatment planning, discharge planning and case documentation.

Comment – June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). Your reviews allows other interns, externs, and future employees get an idea of what they can learn while going to school. I admire your hard work and commitment to education! Thanks for helping us learn while you were here too. Please feel free to contact me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com with any questions or more specific feedback. (sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed).

Loved working with patients.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 2, 2014
Could not trust coworkers managers non existent no breaks short lunch.Integrity not acknowledged.Employees claiming to have medical licenses that do not. Extremely hostile work environment overall.
Pros
insurances
Cons
hostile work place no breaks1

Comment – June 10, 2015

Great team-work, never felt alone in critical situations
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 27, 2014
I could not have worked in this high-acuity environment without the great team-work that was encouraged by the unit manager and various leaders. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, but that was balanced out by the opportunity to experience a complete day with patients and the time off between work days.
Pros
Team-work and high morale

Comment – June 10, 2015

It always makes my day when I read a positive review at Indeed and hear that our former employees felt empowered and engaged while working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). While often Medical centers like ours have long hours, I am pleased to read you were able to balance work and personal life. We do have a great team here at PMC! Our employees work hard to not only support the lives of the doctors, their staff and patients, they also work to support a positive work environment within the hospital and each of our offices. We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com.

Fast paced, sometimes demanding work.
EMT-Basic, IV Cert. (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 12, 2014
Enjoyable place to work, but can be overloaded on occasion. Good people for co-workers.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
Demanding breaks hard to come by. Need to take care of patients a priority.

Comment – June 10, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review of your experience working at Parkview Medical Center (PMC). While often Medical centers like ours have long hours, I am pleased to read youunderstood patients are a priority. We do have a great team here at PMC! Our employees work hard to not only support the lives of the doctors, their staff and patients, they also work to support a positive work environment within the hospital and each of our offices. We are fortunate to have such great employees who keep the culture going and help PMC improve daily. I am so pleased to read that your experience at PMC has been a positive one. Thanks again and please feel free to share any further feedback with me directly at maryalicia_verdecchia@parkviewmc.com. . (Sorry for my tardiness I just found out about these reviews on Indeed).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkview Medical Center Reviews by Location