PARKVIEW MEDICAL CENTER

PARKVIEW MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Good place, nice people
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee), Pueblo, CONovember 3, 2014
It's a nice place to work if you are full time. PRN's like me on the other hand have to work pretty undesirable hours such as nights and weekends, which is fine if you don't have children or a family.

The job is hard at first until you figure out the routine and then it's pretty cool. Co-workers are helpful. Management lacks something to be desired, – more... they don't seem to ever get anywhere.

Hardest part of the job is making sure you have a thick skin, the patients can be difficult.

Most enjoyable part of the job is facilitating groups. – less
excellent
RN Traveler (Former Employee), Pueblo, COAugust 24, 2014
worked on med-surg and neuro floors. general med-surg and stroke patients.
Steady work crazy days
Patient Transportation (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 26, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: short breaks/ lunch
Steady work and a lot of it to go around, during the busy times it is non stop and there is a good chance of overtime. This of course depends on the department. The problem here is that it is hard to connect with coworkers because there may be too much work.
Operators
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: i got out
Cons: management-
Ethically horrible atmosphere ,especially if you work in the communications department with the evil vindictive Lead/supervisors.
A great stepping stone:
Physician Suport Service (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJune 29, 2014
Pros: working with electronic medical records, many differant fields
Cons: to many managers, changes in office function
I really didn't have a typical day, I was a float, so my day was different every day. I was exposed to several different fields of medicine, form surgery to family practice. To go with the diversity in work I also had a handful of managers. Working with all these different managers was challenging at times, however was also rewarding. I got to work – more... with some of the best medical staff out there. Which was a terrific learning experience for me. The most challenging part was that I would learn how that doctor or office likes things, then I was moved to a new location. Although I did learn quite a-bit in different specialties and that I enjoyed. – less
Productive Workplace
Social Work Student Intern (Former Employee), Pueblo ColoradoMay 6, 2014
Shadowed and facilitated inpatient small groups and individual therapy sessions. Completed social histories, treatment planning, discharge planning and case documentation.
Loved working with patients.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMay 2, 2014
Pros: insurances
Cons: hostile work place no breaks1
Could not trust coworkers managers non existent no breaks short lunch.Integrity not acknowledged.Employees claiming to have medical licenses that do not. Extremely hostile work environment overall.
Great team-work, never felt alone in critical situations
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 27, 2014
Pros: team-work and high morale
Cons: long hours
I could not have worked in this high-acuity environment without the great team-work that was encouraged by the unit manager and various leaders. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, but that was balanced out by the opportunity to experience a complete day with patients and the time off between work days.
Fast paced, sometimes demanding work.
EMT-Basic, IV Cert. (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 12, 2014
Pros: 12 hr shifts
Cons: demanding breaks hard to come by. need to take care of patients a priority.
Enjoyable place to work, but can be overloaded on occasion. Good people for co-workers.
great staff, opportunites for clinical interventions
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 10, 2014
A good overall job experience. During the year that I spent there, the facility upgraded to meditech 6.0 and to CPOE.
Not a fun place to work
Health Information Assistant (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 2, 2014
Pros: book fairs, pay roll deduct
Cons: short breaks depressing work enviroment, very low pay.
Excellent medical care for patients but staff is treated very poorly. Some departments are worse then others in terms of working. Alot of seasoned employees are leaving their postion because of the hostile enviroment.
Fast paced, high pressure and exciting field to work in.
Surgical Tech Intern (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: employee food discounts
Cons: as a prn job, there are no medical benefits (only for part time and full time employees)
A typical day involved focusing on the patients' well being and their families, first and foremost.
Given the high stress atmosphere of the hospital setting, it is daily humbling reminder of the value of health (mentally , physically and emotionally)
As I worked in 2 different departments (one administrative and one medical), I found that both extremes – more... always need to coexist in order to provide the best possible outcome for the most valued resource, the patient.
The hardest part of the job is the constant focus that needs to be placed in order to do the job at hand successfully and this as well was the most enjoyable part of the job from the sense of satisfaction in delivering a job well done. – less
Much turmoil
nurse (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: pay is fair, you will stay busy.
Cons: honesty is one of the hospital values, but it is not appriciated or acknowledged. doing a good job is not appriciated.
Its not what you know, its who you know , for any advancement.
Management is bloated and paralyzed,it is difficult to implement any new concept across the departments. Very little teamwork among different departments. Older coworkers are more professional and work oriented, younger ones more clannish and at ease.
The most enjoyable part of the job is – more... taking care of the patients and families. The most difficult part of the job is meeting or exceeding expectations of the patients. Poor training in all areas of the hospital, when new things are rolled out, make it extremely difficult to succeed and do a good job. – less
Management not easy to talk to
Pre-Registration Representative (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: very good about employee health programs.
Cons: sometimes did not even get a break.
Long hours. Not easy to get family time. Management not employee friendly.
Fun place to work
INSURANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Pueblo COJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: pay
This was a very good company to work for altough the pay is not very competative and the raises if there are any are very small
Great company, great environment, great staff
Accounting Clerk I (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJanuary 16, 2014
Parkview was a great place to work. Every day was a new adventure to learning something new. Everyone was always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of my job was leaving it. I loved working with my co-workers and management. I loved going into work and knowing I was going to learn something new each and every day. I loved that the company – more... listens to it's employees and always tries to find ways to accommodate the needs/wants. I loved that there were always new opportunities arising that allowed individuals to expand their knowledge and venture into new roles. – less
Miss working there!
Health Information Services Assistant (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: rewarding to help others
Cons: managment could be hard at times, but most are
I loved working at Parkview for two reason, 1 Parkview has a good reputation in town compared the the other hospitals, and 2 the staff and visitors are very friendly. It made it easy to give good customer service, but I liked that Parkview focused on giving good customer service as well as keeping everyone healthy. I used to work in the Medical Records – more... department, and loved it. The work was demanding at times, but was rewarding as well because you know you were helping others. The office environment is like any other. It was relaxed enough for you to breathe, but not enough to let you get lazy (which is good). I would re-apply if I ever move back to Colorado. – less
Great environment
Technician (Former Employee), Pueblo, CODecember 4, 2013
The people are friendly and coworkers are great. Management tends to sweep issues with other people under the rug but a great place to work.
great benefits
LEAD ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/ADMISSION (Former Employee), Pueblo, CONovember 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: admission department is a disaster they dont care about employees or their needs
I enjoyed working in the accounting dept when transferred to admissions they dont care about you only themselves...supervisor didnt care about her employees ..
Internship in the hospital IT department
Intern (Former Employee), Pueblo, CONovember 14, 2013
Configure and maintain desktop computers for end users, assist with setup of network resources.