Parkview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great staff, hard work
FLOAT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 27, 2017
The people I worked with are fabulous. A lot of wonderful, hard working individuals. I enjoyed the overall work. However, the patients are very difficult, and more and more charting is added all the time.
I really enjoyed it here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 25, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I only left because of a misunderstanding. I would have gladly stayed. I loved the turnover rate of patients and meeting new people. My coworkers were wonderful. And the management always tried to be helpful.
I loved what I did but the staff were unpleasant.
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 17, 2017
Loved drawing blood and taking care of patients. The management wasn’t experienced. The co workers were unfriendly and unfair. Think it was just the department
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
fun working environment
VALET DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 12, 2017
-a typical day at work is just parking cars and interacting with the customers
-the workplace culture is even though we have fun, you have to work hard and get your job done.
-the most enjoyable part about the job is interacting with the customers
Labor and Delivery
OB Surgical Technician III (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 8, 2017
I love Parkview and working in Labor and Delivery. It can be very stressful at times, but it's a good place to work! I have learned a lot from working there and am proud of the compliments I have received from patients I have taken care of. It's an honor for me to take help and take care of people!
Poor Management
Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 29, 2017
Lack of communication within the upper levels of management. I had a death in my family and had to leave town in a rush. when i got on the road i noticed my phone was not working and the service was suspended. I had to pull over to try and get ahold of my manager, but no answer. Again when I got to California I called to inform manager and they informed me i was fired.
stressful
Full time Outpatient Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 15, 2017
Employees not well supported by supervisors . Professional opinions not respected. Initial hiring agreement not respected . Co workers very professional and supportive.
fun workplace but stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 14, 2017
its a good place to work it is stressful but the staff for the most part are very good and easy to work with the pay is a little low for the amount of work
Great work enviornment with management and co-workers
Health Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 13, 2017
Excellent employer with great management and co-workers. Everyone is very willing to help if needed. Management is willing to answer the same question as many times as it takes to get things right while in training. They only want to see you succeed.
Pros
Great managment, Discounts on diabetic medication for diabetics
Cons
Low pay
Lead Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 12, 2017
Parkview is a great place to work. I love the people they are kind and compassionate. Top notch in their line of work. You wont get better care anywhere else.
Good work environment
Health Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 9, 2017
They trained me well for my job. My boss tried to work with my schedule the best that they could. My day consisted of doing a lot of paperwork which was fine when the system worled.
okay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 8, 2017
they helped out very much in every aspect. managemnet was doing the best that they can with how the united states government can give them. definitley reccomend for anyone.
Good starter job to gain hospital experience
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 7, 2017
I don't even know where to begin with whats wrong with this place. The management was ridiculous. I was working 12 hour shifts like swing 6pm-6am at 1 hospital (main location) and 6am-6pm at their satellite office! They told me when I was hired that training would be 2 weeks at both locations and I was supposed to work graveyards, but my schedule was complete whack! It was never boring working in the ED.
Pros
Busy and interesting
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule
Fun, Relaxed, Fast Paced environme
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81003September 4, 2017
I was only an intern but I loved my internship and learned quite a bit about discharge planning. I would recommend it to any upcoming BSW graduate. I do not know what the pay is for all of the employees but from what I did hear, the pay and benefits are excellent.
I loved working at Parkview!
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 4, 2017
I worked for Parkview for about a yr and left a few mos ago. I have been trying to get back "home" for mos! Best place I have ever worked. Great coworkers and wonderful patients. Pay is a little low and health benefits could be a bit better but it's overall a wonderful place to work! If you can get ahold of anyone in the employment office that is! I definitely think they should clean house in the employment office. No matter how many times I apply I never hear anything back. I was rehired a bit ago and my manager told me hr would call me next week... I didn't hear anything for over 1 MONTH! Then they were upset when I had to turn the offer down because I had already started a new job!
Pros
Coworkers, pto, on site childcare
Cons
Employment office, pay
Staff Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 28, 2017
Its been a long time since I worked in the hospital. However, this was a great place to learn. I really grew as a SLP due to all of the different opportunities that were available at this setting. Opportunities include: rehabilitation, acute care, SNF and NICU.
Pros
Various population of patient's, staff
Cons
Decreased insurance coverage resulted in decreased time with patients
Becareful what you wish for in a job.
Dishonored Employee (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 26, 2017
Management will search high and low to remove anyone not on board with their not Parkview's ideals. Please make sure you do not side on the losing team.
Pros
customers and coworkers
Cons
management
disliked
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 18, 2017
if you havent been employed there for years then you wont have any fairness in the pharmacy. did not appreciate their new employees , management was one sided and not a fair working environment.
benefits
Cons
management, co workers
Parkview is a wonderful place to work. The leadership team works hard to make the hospital a great place to be employed.
Secretary Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 17, 2017
My days are always busy, I learn new things everyday. The people that work at Parkview are kind, caring, and wonderful team members. I enjoy the way I can give back to my community by being in the position I am in.
Pros
Health care is reasonably priced.
Cons
Cafeteria food is not the best.
Official response from Parkview Medical Center
June 28, 2017

Thanks for the review! We agree about the people at Parkview- kind, caring and wonderful are great ways to describe them. Thank you for the feedback.

I am always willing to learn and expand my nursing knowledge
RN (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 17, 2017
I am great with communication, and education for patients. I am willing to work hard to expand my knowledge. I love being able to help my community with health and education
Pros
Help the community
Cons
Short breaks
Official response from Parkview Medical Center
June 28, 2017

We appreciate the feedback and want to say thank you for your commitment to education and providing quality care!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkview Medical Center Reviews by Location