Parkwest Medical Center

Parkwest Medical Center Employer Reviews

Excellent Dr's /poor administration and managers
RN (Former Employee), Knoxville,TNApril 21, 2014
Pros: great dr's
Cons: poor management
Great Place to work, but poor management has destroyed their reputation.

See Resume
CT Staff was exceptional.
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 14, 2014
Always knew when I went to work the people that surrounded you knew what they were doing and very well trained.
great patient care enviornment
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great hours
Cons: managment, pay rate
Parkwest is a great patient care hospital. On a typical day I provide assistance to over 30 CRNA's and 6 Anesthesia MD's. My job description is ever-growing and keeps me on my toes. I work with some of the most caring people I've ever known. I would say the hardest part of my job is coordinating the needs of the anesthesia staff and the surgery staff. – more... In my opinion the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I had a tiny part in improving the life of a patient. – less
A floor with all the ups and downs one can expect in almost any job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 18, 2014
Multi-tasking and people skills from the word 'go'. Having the ability to think and prioritize is a must. Working nights kept me away from most management, I would fill in as night shift floor supervisor from time to time. I had to delegate and communicate steadily to maintain a cohesive team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was experiencing – more... down time mid-shift and revamping for the end of shift rush. The relationships formed among the team was definitely the most enjoyable and unforgettable part of the job. – less
Excellent Hospital but management in pharmacy dept makes EVERY day HORRIBLE
certified pharmacy technician (Former Employee), pharmacy deptFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: the job itself, duties, nurses are great.
Cons: management ruins any and all good the pharmacy could potentially offer.
The job itself is good. It would be an excellent place to work IF ONLY it was under new manager/director. Management will make your life a living he*l. I would not recommend Parkwest Pharmacy to my worst enemy. Sad but extremely true and 98% of the staff would confirm this.
Clean, pleasant environment
PATIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 21, 2013
Pros: working for hospital and good coworkers
Cons: concern of insurance changes in this country and cutbacks
Caring and pleasant working environment. Attractive,clean hospital
Excellent Benefits - Detail Oriented
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2013
I worked with this company for 9 and a half years. I advanced twice while working here.
The best company I think I've ever worked for.
Ultrasound Technologist Aide (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 20, 2013
Pros: i had shoulder surgery at no cost to me.
I worked for Parkwest for 6 years total with an 18 month leave in the interim. I developed lasting relationships with the people there. The environment was by far the most comfortable I've ever worked in. It was my second home. The benefits were excellent.

After being gone for 18 months I was reinstated with full benefits and a pay increase.

I cannot – more... say enough good things about this company. – less
Productive department, centered around quality patient care
Team Leader/Lead Technologist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 22, 2013
Parkwest Medical Center is an excellent place for employment. The physicians within the Radiology department are eager to teach and my co-workers and myself are eager to learn. A typical day is always filled with various procedures. We build repore with our patients because a large majority of them are repeat procedures.
Busy hospital with great benefits
Registered nurse and relief charge nurse (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: great health insurance benefits
Cons: none to mention
Great place for entry level RNs to work as well as experienced nurses. Supportive management and administration. Very busy place to work but makes 12 hours shifts fly.
Parkwest was a good workplace to work and meet people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: pros to my job was getting employee discounts for lunch, and free parking and shuttle rides to the hospital entrances
Cons: healthcare rising and less benefits
a typical day at work includes taking patient vital signs, passing out trays of food, patient bathing and cleaning, and address any other patient needs. I learned how to enter all patient data on computers. Our management was good to work for. They generally listened to our needs and concerns.The hardest part of the job was communicating with patients – more... that could not speak english or was able to clearly tell us what we needed. the most enjoyable part of the job was doing all things right by procedure and seeing the patients heal to where they could go home. – less
fast paced department caring for outpatients, inpatients, and emergency patients requiring ultrasound needs.
Ultrasound technologist- To present (Current Employee), knoxville, tnAugust 19, 2012
Pros: 24/7 facility, no call.
Cons: 24/7, having to be flexible with sschedule
great group of ultrasound techs, I enjoy my patients. It can be stressful at times trying to prioritize patients and doctors needs.
Very simple position requiring follow-up calls to discharged surgical patients.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 26, 2012
Pros: workstaff
Cons: poor utilization of my knowledge and experience.
The position was easy and enjoyable. The staff and direct supervisors where I worked were wonderful. The growing problem was that my knowledge and experience were seldom used. The census recently was so low, that I was told not to come in nearly every day. So I decided to do something I really loved, and re-certified myself as a Nurse Practitioner (APRN).
Parkwest is a great hospital to work for.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 20, 2012
Pros: great people, new equipment, good management, wonderful patients
Cons: no health insurance for prn employees (though i know this is standard)
Parkwest is a great company to work for, they really care about patients and patient care is a number one priority. My coworkers are good people and I enjoy working with them, everyone is well organized and quick to assist on exams or to do exams independently. Management has an open-door policy, and I feel that I can go to them with any questions or – more... concerns I may have.
I really enjoy all the parts of my job, and despite some challenges (working alone and moving patients unaided) I have learned valuable skills and tools to overcome these adversities.
My favorite part of the job is working with people who really enjoy what they are doing, and meeting some wonderful patients along the way. I also really enjoy being able to attempt comfort and care for the patients I work with, I always want to be someone they can think back on as a person who really cared about their welfare and their successful treatment outcomes. – less