Parkwest Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

great co workers bad ratios no support from management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 16, 2016
Make less, work harder. Horrible patient ratios with unsafe acuity. No support from administration. You are given more patients than you can give quality care. When safety issues are brought up we are told not to use that word and to say challenging instead. Unsafe is the correct word. Nothing is changed, and no help is offered. It has been this way for the last 3 years at least. The co workers are wonderful but leave often due to staffing. Up until recently they have worked with scheduling good but that has changed.
Pros
floor staff is great
Cons
Pay, staffing ratios, no support, unfreindly charting system
productive and fun place to work. Outstanding benefits.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 18, 2015
Obtain report from off going shift, Obtain vital signs on all patients, Assist with activities of daily living, assist patients to bathe, feed patients if needed, transport to medical imaging, assist nurses, obtain ekg's. My co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was short staff and the aquity of the patients.
Pros
good pay, benefits were wonderful
Cons
short staffed
The ER at Parkwest
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 14, 2015
I had an amazing manager! She was fair, reliable, and understanding. She never asked anyone to do something she was unwilling to do herself. My co-workers were like family, and awesome people to be around. I loved my job at Parkwest!
Pros
Great people, updated equipment, great manager
Cons
pay, rude patients
Emergency Room can get interesting.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2015
I was a registration clerk in the ER. I enjoyed the job because I enjoy the medical side of things. The uniforms aren't the best, and are long sleeves so you get hot easily. You stand your entire shift almost. You do get shift diff which is awesome. Flexible schedules. I did deal with some drama while I was there. Management isn't good about getting onto people who slack.
Pros
Decent pay, shift diff, medical enviroment
Cons
standing long periods of time, horrible uniforms, drama
Parkwest, Leconte
Custom (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 1, 2015
-Job Title: Custom Protection Officer
-Job Duties: Force Protection, Asset Protection, Patient Protection, Follow all Local/goverment Laws, Force BioHazard Protection, Force Nuclear Medicine Protection etc.
-Job Post: Parkwest Medical Center- Januaray 2015-July 2015
Leconte Medical Center- July 2015-Present
Demand on RN's atrocious
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 29, 2015
I've mostly enjoyed my time at Parkwest as an RN, but was regularly taking 8 and 9 patients every night. CNA's are scarce too. Management always said, "I'm trying to hire staff," but 1 year working there, I've never experienced much of a break in nurse to patient demands. Smaller floors don't have the staffing problems as the larger units, but they're strapped too. Doctors complain that staffing is a problem, but they're also unable to get us nurses get more help. It's like administration doesn't care. Overall, it's ridiculous and why nursing unions exist. Unfortunately, this hospital is non-union.
Pros
job security, good patients, most doctors are good to work with
Cons
nurse-patient ratios, long hours, no support from management or administration
More smiles and greetings in one hallway than an entire week outside of work
Registered Nurse, Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 27, 2015
As previously stated, there are many nights where I function as SL, have my own group of patients, and serve as Health Unit Coordinator. Though it can be very challenging at times, you have to enjoy it...you have to look for that silver lining. I have learned that patience is a virtue (though it is still weakness), how to have crucial conversations and still maintain friendships, and that a lot of times you do have to step back and look at the big picture even if you don't like what you see. Staffing shortages have seemed unsurmountable yet we are still amazingly very successful. I work with some of the most incredible folks. I also enjoy the wide variety of patients we see on our Med-Surg floor. I enjoy getting to know the patients and their life stories.
it was a qiute
HIM specialist (Former Employee) –  knoxville TnFebruary 26, 2015
Collect charts, assemble them in the proper order and inspect them for completion. Retrieve information from the charts and the computer when requested by authorized personnel. Answer telephone inquiries concerning medical records maintaining the HIPPA guide lines. Scan charts and index into the right category. Filing charts in alphabetical and numerical order, faxing and emailing documents.
Productive place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 27, 2015
I ensure the safety of all patients. I assess vitals and overall health condition. I learn something new everyday that always helps me preform my job better. The hardest part of my job is trying to care for 12 or more patients at a time, but I enjoy the appreciation my patients get from my assistance.
Wonderful workplace
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 20, 2015
I really enjoy the people and the workplace. Built great relationships with coworkers. Family atmosphere. The most difficult part of it is being short handed; however, that is part of working in a hospital. I still love working there.
Pros
freindly staff
Cons
large workload

Want to know more about Parkwest Medical Center?

Ask a question
great patient care enviornment
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 26, 2014
Parkwest is a great patient care hospital. On a typical day I provide assistance to over 30 CRNA's and 6 Anesthesia MD's. My job description is ever-growing and keeps me on my toes. I work with some of the most caring people I've ever known. I would say the hardest part of my job is coordinating the needs of the anesthesia staff and the surgery staff. In my opinion the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I had a tiny part in improving the life of a patient.
Pros
great benefits, great hours
Cons
managment, pay rate
A floor with all the ups and downs one can expect in almost any job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 18, 2014
Multi-tasking and people skills from the word 'go'. Having the ability to think and prioritize is a must. Working nights kept me away from most management, I would fill in as night shift floor supervisor from time to time. I had to delegate and communicate steadily to maintain a cohesive team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was experiencing down time mid-shift and revamping for the end of shift rush. The relationships formed among the team was definitely the most enjoyable and unforgettable part of the job.
Excellent Hospital but management in pharmacy dept makes EVERY day HORRIBLE
certified pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  pharmacy deptFebruary 13, 2014
The job itself is good. It would be an excellent place to work IF ONLY it was under new manager/director. Management will make your life a living he*l. I would not recommend Parkwest Pharmacy to my worst enemy. Sad but extremely true and 98% of the staff would confirm this.
Pros
the job itself, duties, nurses are great.
Cons
management ruins any and all good the pharmacy could potentially offer.
Rewarding but demanding job.
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 1, 2015
Patient Care is always number one. It is a very fast pace hospital to work for. I have learn many different things working in health care and it's one of the hardest but rewarding jobs a person can do. I love seeing people get well and go home to their families.
The best company I think I've ever worked for.
Ultrasound Technologist Aide (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 20, 2013
I worked for Parkwest for 6 years total with an 18 month leave in the interim. I developed lasting relationships with the people there. The environment was by far the most comfortable I've ever worked in. It was my second home. The benefits were excellent.

After being gone for 18 months I was reinstated with full benefits and a pay increase.

I cannot say enough good things about this company.
Pros
i had shoulder surgery at no cost to me.
Very simple position requiring follow-up calls to discharged surgical patients.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 26, 2012
The position was easy and enjoyable. The staff and direct supervisors where I worked were wonderful. The growing problem was that my knowledge and experience were seldom used. The census recently was so low, that I was told not to come in nearly every day. So I decided to do something I really loved, and re-certified myself as a Nurse Practitioner (APRN).
Pros
workstaff
Cons
poor utilization of my knowledge and experience.
Parkwest was a good workplace to work and meet people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 21, 2012
a typical day at work includes taking patient vital signs, passing out trays of food, patient bathing and cleaning, and address any other patient needs. I learned how to enter all patient data on computers. Our management was good to work for. They generally listened to our needs and concerns.The hardest part of the job was communicating with patients that could not speak english or was able to clearly tell us what we needed. the most enjoyable part of the job was doing all things right by procedure and seeing the patients heal to where they could go home.
Pros
pros to my job was getting employee discounts for lunch, and free parking and shuttle rides to the hospital entrances
Cons
healthcare rising and less benefits
Productive department, centered around quality patient care
Team Leader/Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 22, 2013
Parkwest Medical Center is an excellent place for employment. The physicians within the Radiology department are eager to teach and my co-workers and myself are eager to learn. A typical day is always filled with various procedures. We build repore with our patients because a large majority of them are repeat procedures.
Productive, fast paced environment, with lots of friendly faces.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 17, 2014
Parkwest Hospital employs very well informed staff members who genuinely care about their patients. The staff makes work enjoyable and helps to cheer up patients who may be dealing with difficult situations.
Wonderful co-workers, team effort environment, nice support system
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 19, 2014
I care for the needs of 11+ patients on a cardiac floor. The pace is fast and no two days are exactly the same.
Pros
12hr shifts x3 days a week=great time off
Cons
12 hr shifts x3 days a week= very hard physically

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkwest Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkwest Medical Center Reviews by Location