Parma City School District

Parma City School District Employer Reviews

urban school district that strives for academic excellence for all
Elementary Educator (Current Employee), Parma, OHFebruary 12, 2014
I have been employed with the PCSD for 21 years. As a second career teacher my past experience in the "outside world" gives me a clear vision on how dedicated and hard working the teaching staff in this district are. This is not a nine to five job! The rewards are seeing our students grow and succeed. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves and stay current with the changes and future advancements of 21st century education.
Video Production Organization
Videographer (Current Employee), Parma, OHDecember 25, 2013
I help set up audio and video equipment for filming and production of sporting events. I have learned a lot of technical information and details on running production. The hardest part of the job is getting the exact shot and being able to focus on a moving player at the same time to get the perfect video clip, it is a challenge but I definitely love the challenge more and more everyday.
great job for extra income/close to home/everyone knew eachother
3rd Shift Cleaner (Former Employee), Parma OhioJuly 20, 2013
Pros: very close to home/great benefit/employees like family
Cons: salary too low, limited job advancement
I was self supervised which was nice. I knew what I needed to get done and did it. My boss was great and so was my co workers. Enjoyed by job for the most part but compensation was terrible. Benefits were fantastic. Hardest part of job was nite shift and juggling the kids being a single parent and working at nite. Most of the school employees were like family and that was great. Job advancement was very limited and there was no raises for 5 yrs. Left for day shift and more money.
Good working Environment
Staff (Former Employee), Parma, OHMay 25, 2012
Pros: laid back working environment
Cons: iep goals are sometimes ignored, parents are sometimes left out of the loop
Very welcoming staff members. I enjoyed being with Parma City Schools.

The only things I would like to see changed is for there to be a more strict adherance to goals as set forth in IEPs and better communication with parents to this effect.