Parma City School District Employee Reviews

The job was a good start into a district, but did not provide continuity
District substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 13, 2017
At Parma, I was a substitute teacher for the district. Each day broght new opportunities and challenges as I changed schools, grade levels, and disciplines. The job was rewarding in that it provided opportunities to work with students of many ages and backgrounds. It was challenging in that I was placed in different classrooms each day.
Pros
working with students
Cons
No continuity of assignments
Productive,fun and enjoyable!
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHNovember 2, 2015
I would start my work day in the classroom and work with the children one-on-one on the computer doing different programs the teacher had set up for us. Varying from website games to educreations to microsoft word to switches, etc. I would then assist and monitor the student to all their classes, lunch and then return to the classroom to complete life skills one-on-one with each student. There were 9 students in our classroom and I would see each one in 15 minute intervals. I would also on occasion help with math, reading and writing as the teacher needed assistance. Through out the day I would assist the students with and personal hygiene or toiletries care they needed. All of my coworkers and superiors were amazing individuals who you could tell loved their jobs. Most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children learn, grow and reach all there goals with knowing I helped them get there! The hardest part of my job was putting in my notice when I moved to a different county.
Pros
Making a difference in the students lives.
Cons
Not much opportunity for over time...
Volunteer as a tutor
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Parma OhioMarch 24, 2014
I work with elementary aged children on the subjects of Math, English, Reading etc.
urban school district that strives for academic excellence for all
Elementary Educator (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHFebruary 12, 2014
I have been employed with the PCSD for 21 years. As a second career teacher my past experience in the "outside world" gives me a clear vision on how dedicated and hard working the teaching staff in this district are. This is not a nine to five job! The rewards are seeing our students grow and succeed. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves and stay current with the changes and future advancements of 21st century education.
Video Production Organization
Videographer (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 25, 2013
I help set up audio and video equipment for filming and production of sporting events. I have learned a lot of technical information and details on running production. The hardest part of the job is getting the exact shot and being able to focus on a moving player at the same time to get the perfect video clip, it is a challenge but I definitely love the challenge more and more everyday.
great job for extra income/close to home/everyone knew eachother
3rd Shift Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Parma OhioJuly 20, 2013
I was self supervised which was nice. I knew what I needed to get done and did it. My boss was great and so was my co workers. Enjoyed by job for the most part but compensation was terrible. Benefits were fantastic. Hardest part of job was nite shift and juggling the kids being a single parent and working at nite. Most of the school employees were like family and that was great. Job advancement was very limited and there was no raises for 5 yrs. Left for day shift and more money.
Pros
very close to home/great benefit/employees like family
Cons
salary too low, limited job advancement
Good working Environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 25, 2012
Very welcoming staff members. I enjoyed being with Parma City Schools.

The only things I would like to see changed is for there to be a more strict adherance to goals as set forth in IEPs and better communication with parents to this effect.
Pros
laid back working environment
Cons
iep goals are sometimes ignored, parents are sometimes left out of the loop