Parma Community General Hospital

Parma Community General Hospital Employer Reviews

learning so very much
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), cleveland ohioJune 11, 2014
I learned a ton by working at Metro Health, saw lots becuase it is a county hosptial
ER
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), parma, 44134May 12, 2014
Pros: shift goes fast
Cons: not enough staff
Working in an ER is a very fast/ busy place. Each and everyday you learn something, staff members have to work together to get the job done. Management for the most part is there to help. Have to get along with co-workers to get the job done on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job in the ER being fast enough, most enjoyable is being able to help the – more... patients. – less
I truly loved my job there,management is disrespectful to their staff and makes it very hard to do your job.
LPN (Former Employee), Parma, OHJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: co-workers, holiday pay
Cons: no raises, no praises, poor management
Typical day at Parma can be harrowing,very busy and lots to do but truly enjoyable.I learned many new skills while at Parma Including IV therapy.Management is very disrespectful to their staff and does not follow their own policies of RBC.If you question anything you are instantly harassed and bullied by management. The co-workers are pleasant and fantastic – more... to work with although there are some clicks. The hardest part of the job for me was working nights and the lack of understanding from others on the day,evening shifts.Studies show you loose 10 years off your life working nights.But those of us who choose to work nights are working them for a reason and are not available to work during the day.The enjoyable part of the job was the patients and utilizing the education you learned and aquiring new knowledge. – less
not much room for advancement
housekeeper (Former Employee), oioNovember 18, 2013
Pros: a cafe
Cons: management
There is a disconnect from management and workers its almost im possible to get a raise aka 2 raises in 10 years and the management most of the times dismisses issues or believe people based on seniority .
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Parma, OHOctober 26, 2013
Pros: love what i do and close to home.
Cons: accounting dept is located offsite, making it difficult to commute back and forth to the main campus for functions.
Very happy with my responsibilities at my job. A great place to work and very good people to work with. Currently PCGH is going through a big change financially and not sure of my future there at this point.
Nice place
State Tested Nursing Assistant, PCA (Former Employee), Parma, OHSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: good wages
Cons: nothing
PGCH was a regular hospital with all the benefits and options opened to you.
n/a
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee), Parma, OHAugust 23, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Love learning new task, and keeping busy is a must.
Financial Clearance Specialist (Current Employee), Parma, OHJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: no employee discounts.
I have over 25 year of hospital experience, get along with my co workers and while is a very busy work place, helping each other and doing the job well done is what I strive for. I have learned that everyone has a different need and they all deserve the same respect, care,acknowledge and help in a timely manner. I beleive there's no hard part in the – more... job I perform because I'm willing to learn, always a positive attitude is the key to open doors. Knowing that I have done a well job done and that is completed at the end of the day if my most enjoyable part of my job. Satifaction. – less
Enjoyable atmosphere
Registered Nurse, Radiology (Former Employee), Parma, OHApril 4, 2013
I had the opportunity to work in many areas of Parma Hospital. Starting in dietary, working my way through nursing school in central supply and finally gaining experience on the nursing divisions. I enjoyed working at the hospital, had the opportunity to make a lot of friends, and gained valuable experince in all areas worked.
over worked & under appreciated
environmental services (Current Employee), parma, ohioJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: good work hours
Cons: over worked for little pay
Management only cares about making themselves look good. They constantly add on to your job with little to no pay raise.

Sully – April 6, 2013

Recently i Had a interview there and they called me for a second interview but i refused to go.. What i heard in the first interview i didnt like it at all

Ok work environment
RADIOLOGY ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Parma, OHAugust 22, 2012
Good stepping stone. Work environment was very hostile. Nobody worked together and was very "busy" and couldn't be bothered.
Small community hospital.
In Patient Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 30, 2012
Did direct in patient care. Learned to work with varied chronic disease entities. Management and coworkers were very supportive. Hardest part of the day was saying good bye to a pt who had been on unit for a long time. Most enjoyable part of the day was bringing a smile to the face of a geriatric pt.
Not a stable company anymore
Department Secretary (Former Employee), Parma, OHApril 27, 2012
Pros: benefits were ok
Cons: slowly benefits/perks were taken away
Management leaves a lot to be desired. Used to be a great place to work. Everyone was happy, friendly and content. Those days are LONG over and gone. So sad. So many changes, not for the good of the little guy.
High energy workplace with wide variety of exposure
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Parma, OHApril 18, 2012
Pros: good about lunch breaks, wide variety of cases, will be reimbursed for 40% of billing
Cons: poor management, no cme reimbursement, no respect for pa position
Only first assist on cases. No rounding. Work 5-8s with call expectations.
Negative culture towards anyone not a nurse or doctor.
Environmental Services Night Lead (Former Employee), Parma, OhioMarch 24, 2012
The support staff was highly over-worked, underpaid, and over-looked.

Bunty – June 11, 2012

Big disconnect between management and working staff. Upper echilon clique, been there to long stale, status quo maintained to fit their old patterns, Staff, overworked, big turn around especially in the area of Admissions. High stress, very little support from manager. I wouldn't do it if I were you..been there done it...not a good decision for me.