Parrish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work
Office Manager/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port St. John, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Due to no 401k or life insurance i need to move on due to my future and for my family...My husband currently takes care of health insurance and has done so for 20 yrs, he also has 401k which i do not and we cannot live on his alone in the future..
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Not enough staff
Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 27, 2017
Very slow hiring process which makes it difficult when your department is very understaffed making it extremly stressful when its busy, I also feel when nursing is short staffed due to the lengthly hiring process it puts patients in danger because nurses are taking double the patients then they should. Raises at the time I was there havent been given in over 7 years. This company will also find ways or loop holds not to pay out vacation time when you properly resign. They clain there broke but theres facilities going up everywhere in Brevard. Just in my opinion not the best place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Short staffing and the entire HR Department
nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 4, 2017
I was happy working in this place for 6 years, I never had a problem in this hospital, everybody was friendly and help each other. is a excellent place to work
good place to work
Case management (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 16, 2017
Managers and supervisors work really hard as a team to make sure their staff are well cared for personally and professionally. They provide good teaching experiences.
Intake Coordinator
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  951 N Washington Ave Titusville, Florida 32780October 14, 2017
To obtain and retrieve all information for upcoming patients, enter all demographics needed about the patient, Order supplies for staff/nurses as needed. Call insurance companies daily to obtain Pre-Authorization for services needed inpatient and outpatient procedures. Give monthly presentations updates.etc
Pros
Flexiability
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
No support
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 10, 2017
Management does not support the staff in any way. They pile patients on nurses creating unsafe ratios. Their HR takes forever to hire staff compounding the problem. Co workers are awesome..: benefit package is weak. Their insurance is horrible, and when every other hospital offers sign on bonuses... Parrish offers lip service
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 1, 2017
The management and educational teams provide to all employees an excellent opportunity to keep skills up to date. Feedback from upper management is very personable. Everyone knows everyone's name. At times, they will provide a monetary bonus to all employees along with "starbucks" you can redeem for gift cards.
Pros
bonuses, gift cards
Cons
healthcate benefits could be alot better
Parrish
Surgical Scrub Technician (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLSeptember 3, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Stayed busy. If I had not left, it would 26 years. Sometimes I miss it there and the people. Not a really bad place ot work at
Pros
Work
Cons
N/a
Monitor Tech
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLAugust 31, 2017
I worked well with physicians, supervisors and coworkers to help assist with the best quality care provided for patients. My job including keeping accurate records and monitoring patients care.
flow
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLAugust 6, 2017
Everyone worked hand in hand at parish. No after what department you were in if you needed something from someone there was always someone willing to help or get you the help you need.
Parrish Medical Center
RN ED (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLAugust 1, 2017
Over nine years at PMC from the beginning of my career. Full of opportunities. ED was a teamwork based envrionment where we worked well with leadership and physicians.
Advancement near impossible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLAugust 1, 2017
Parrish rule to advancement ( ,not based on policy but based on real life) is based on who you know. Don't matter how much experience you have or they offer on the job training, you only transfer/advance based on who you know. Then knowing that the floor always short because the staff always quit, the supervisor will deny your transfer, you will be forever locked to that floor you got hire for. Advancing is like winning the lottery.
Pros
No bonus, hard to transfer department, over work
Cons
Offer insurance. Majority of the co-workers is awesome. Great staff
Terrible management style.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 16, 2017
Management, has lost touch of what is truely important. Nurses don't have enough help, staff is over worked in all departments! No raises for 6 years. Money allocated for dumb projects like restoration of old houses, and tracking patient location in the hospital. Equipment is falling apart, and not being replaced. At least people I work with are friendly.
Pros
Nice co-workers. Small town feel
Cons
Reduced benefits, poor management, no raises
Management issues/Overworked Employees
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 13, 2017
Minimal staff to truly be a safe place to care for patients. Cutting staff hours with only one person in department, no coverage for time off, no raise in six years, no appreciation by management. Decisions are made without knowing what is needed for the work environment. Coworkers are wonderful and very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay, overworked, unorganized and unefficient management decisions
Community supported Medical Center
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 11, 2017
PMC is committed to support their community and the patients they treat. Staff is engaged and expected to support the strong mission/vision statement of this excellent health care facility. I enjoyed working there and left to retire.
Pros
Staff appreciation and engagement
Cons
limited resources in an under insured community, extremely challenging to find appropriate follow up care for some of the patients we treated.
phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 6, 2017
Drawing blood on patient early in the morning waking them up not good but the job was easy and meeting their family I was nice. management was a little messy when it come to the workers
Pros
early shift
Cons
waking them up early
fast paced Good Teamwork
Staff RN Telemetry/Medical floor (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLMay 18, 2017
Overall good workplace. staffing leaves much to be desired. .Benifits have been reduced along with staffing ratios. Co workers are awesomeand put clients first
Wonderful staff
Intern (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLApril 23, 2017
Staff are supportive and always willing to help. Company is undergoing many changes and the staff have taken this in stride. They provide excellent evidence base care with excellent outcomes.
Challenging caseload
PART TIME Speech Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 13, 2016
Diagnostics of acute care patients with a number of various illnesses affecting speech, language/cognition, and swallowing. Busy mbs caseload. Occasional outpatient assessments and treatments if overflow assist is needed.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Variable hours
Parrish is the place I started my career. Loved working there.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLAugust 14, 2016
I worked with a close lab family, we were close even during a long hurricane where we slept on air mattresses and worked long hours. I watched my friends children grow up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parrish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.