Parrish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 22, 2015
Parrish medical center was a great employer. I would love to have kept working for this company. The atmosphere is friendly and co-workers become like family. The training stays up to date and on going. Managment is vey professional and still care for the well being of the patents.
Pros
on going training
productive
Patient Care Sitter (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLJune 1, 2015
its not a bad place to work at all. very friendly environment. there is also room for advancement.Talented and caring staff. Competitive compensation. Rewarding experience.
This job just plain sucks
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLMay 13, 2015
This was the worst job I have ever had in my life, the hours sucked, I never got a break, the pay was a joke and the management was clueless and didn't care, don't take this job, they have a high turn over rate for a reason.
benefits
Cons
everything
good work place
Parrish Medical Center Practicum (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 18, 2015
I was here only for school. I enjoyed most of the employees. It was an easy job and I was successful with certificate. Phlebotomy is a good career but not sure about advancements.
hostile and negative work environment
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLMarch 15, 2015
Abusive work ethics and tactics. Poor staffing ratios. insincere management in times of need or crisis. Under paid in comparison to other facilities based on experience.
Very collaborative environment, our senior design team had no problems obtaining any required information
Senior Design Project Team Member (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJanuary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with the Process Improvement department at Parrish Medical Center. They are very perceptive people that are willing to work with a group of students in training. I found it to be a very dynamic place with rapid change. I learned how to apply all my lean and six sigma training in this environment and I really appreciate the time they invested in me and our group.
A good invirenment for work and learning
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 25, 2014
I enjoyed working with the people I had contact with. Everyone was friendly , helpful and loyal to the company. Professional at all times as well. I took pride in working at Parrish as they strived to put the patient first in care and make them feel very welcome and comfortable.
Pros
different benefits for proformance
Cons
cant think of any
Friendly staff but poor working conditions.
Adult Medical/Oncology Inpatient RN (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 14, 2014
I've worked in many hospitals as an RN and this is the first one that assigns nurses patients via room number instead of acuity. Very high patient to nurse ratio 6 or 7 patients that are very critical on a medical oncology unit. I was mentally and physically run down.
Very high turnover rate, Unorganized, Unprofessional, Low pay
Echocardiovascular Tech (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJune 24, 2014
I used to work at Parrish. Parrish cannot keep good Echo techs on staff because they ...

*work you to death
*do not hire enough techs for the amount of work
*have a backwards way of doing things
*are very unprofessional
*are extremely unorganized
*don't appreciate the work you do & work you like a dog
*they prefer to only hire techs right out of school so they can pay the bare minimum per hour (even with experience, the pay is low)

I would advise working elsewhere!!!! No one ever stays here. The turn over rate is very high at Parrish in the Echo dept. Techs are always leaving for greener pastures, and they should. HUGE red flag!

I was warned about all these things before I started working there and I didn't listen. I just want to return the favor to whomever is reading this.

All around bad place to be for a good Echo Vascular tech.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else sucks
Staff Nurse
RN, Med Surgical/Orthopedic/Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  TitusvilleJune 17, 2014
*Provide care for orthopedic surgery patients, general surgery, neuro surgery, and pediatrics
*Communicate in a timely manner with physicians to avoid delay in treatment.
*Charge nurse responsibilities, patient assignment, insure appropriate staffing.
*Preceptor for nurses, graduate nurses, and student practicum assignments.
Pros
low overall patient acuity, developed critical thinking skills, challenged every shift
Cons
not able to develop advanced nursing skills, unsafe patient ratios while charge nurse requirements and supporting staff
Brand new facilities with terrible management
Echo Tech (Former Employee) –  CardioApril 30, 2014
I used to work at Parrish, but had to quit when they forced me to start working weekends. I was always being called in at all times of the night. Parrish cannot keep good echo techs on staff because they work you to death and do not hire enough personnel for this particular area. I would advise working elsewhere!!!!
Cons
terrible management
RN-Emergency Dept-Clinical Coordinator
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLMarch 15, 2014
Great place to work.
Staff and Physicians worked together
like family. Pt satisfaction was always #1 and was shown through correctly staffing the Emergency Dept.
Pros
staff=family
Loved working here until the space shuttle program ended
Trainer, Scorer, EEG Technologist (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLFebruary 7, 2014
This was truly a great place to work until the shuttle program ended. After that the were firing people left and right for nothing. No one felt safe in their jobs. Not sure how it is there now.
Professional work setting with good core values.
Dietary Hostess (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FloridaSeptember 20, 2013
A typical day at work went rather smoothly. I learned many things about food safety as well as things about infection control and how to interact with patients based on their age group.
busy, rewarding job.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 15, 2013
. Busy
. Compassion
. Amazing
. trustworthy
. Never feeling like you can give your patients more time.
. Taking care of my oncology Patients.
Pros
love my job.
Cons
not enough of us sometimes.
Busy fast facility
PACS Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2013
The department I worked in was great for what I did. Had co-workers that were willing to train and learn the new systems when we got them and enjoyed doing it. The minimal staff we use to support all the systems in our department can get overwhelming but with the support we get from outside departments is very comforting when coming in for daily work life. I have grown tons here in the last six years with all the new systems and training that I have had to undergo to support them. With the willingness and compromising the management has I usually dont have many issues trying to complete my job when I am in need.
Productive, Great Experience!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLMay 29, 2013
I had a blast volunteering in the hospital talking to patients, learning about procedures and running courier escort!
I like PMC- However, there is not a willingness to promote from within
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLMarch 31, 2013
Co- workers are great
Restructuring and attempting to go to EMR
Beautiful hospital, excellent workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 17, 2012
People are extremely friendly, coworkers eager to help you. Typically no yearly bonuses or raises, but overall a great place to work.
great job
Environmental Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLNovember 19, 2012
i love my job. wouldnt trade it for the world! great work environment and co-workers.
Pros
pay bnefits