Parsons Brinckerhoff Employee Reviews

Easy to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2018
I was a contract employee for Parsons Brickerhoff, now WSP, and worked offsite. Corresponding with the company and intern liaisons over the phone proved to be easy and helpful despite the distance.
Fun and Rewarding Position
Senior Image Processor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2018
The management is excellent, there is room for advancement to a certain point, the goals/requirements of the job are clearly stated. The hardest part of the job is the images per hour requirement, but it really is not THAT difficult. Sometimes the job can be a bit boring, but otherwise it is an easy job to do. There are bonuses and incentives to do the job well.
Pros
Plenty of breaks, Easy job, Bonuses
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity after a certain point
great place to work.
FEMA HOUSING INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 11, 2018
I love working at Parsons Brinckerhoff, but I am willing to try a new company. I learned a lot here and worked very hard. I had to turn down jobs last year due to family issues which have been resolved.
Sr. project manager - Operations Manager
Sr. Project Manager - Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2018
My review is scant for this company as the leadership has changed. While working at PBI I was thrilled with the professional leadership they offered.
Parsons Brinckerhoff Strategic Consult
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 1, 2018
Section of the company was poorly managed. They had trouble retaining talent due to this. They did not promote from within so there was little to no career advancement opportunity.
Professional workplace with friendly colleagues.
Resident Enginner (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYDecember 27, 2017
Management was very professional and cooperative. Project Manager was helpful and assisted me with my Project. However, he laft and new Proje Manager is not as helpful or knowledgeable with NYSDOT requirements for this project.
Unbalanced workplace
Administration Assistance/Document Controller (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 27, 2017
The office management was ok. They will give you a specific insight.Some onsite colleague men are respectful and professionals but there were gals assigned onsite which are immature, unprofessional, and crab-mentality. That was the hardest situation I encounter because they will make things ruin because of envy. These gals were the one reported in the main office and can do magic things along the way. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was doing field works.I apply my learnings and also continue learning more. The engineers I've been working with were amazing. They share their knowledge to improve the work and make things easy for everyone in the field.Have a good interaction with the clients.
Pros
Free hotel and transportation
Good Place to Work
Lead Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 27, 2017
Fun place to work but with little chance for advancement. My supervisor, when hired, was not experienced in our field. The place became a great place to work when he was no longer my boss.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits
Cons
Worked under a micromanaged atmosphere for most of my time there
Parsons Brinckerhoff
Design Visualization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2017
While my time there was short, I certainly enjoyed the atmosphere and the opportunity. The best part about this team environment was being able to create the visualizations for projects that have yet to come. The hardest part about this job was leaving it.
Productive workplace that i miss
Structural CADD Manager (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYNovember 6, 2017
At the end of my commitment towards my company, the management that was running the department in my opinion was not worthy enough to understand the standing of his individuals working for him.
Big Corporate America
Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 31, 2017
This would be a great company for you if you prefer to speak to nobody throughout your day. Many of the folks here don't know the person working next to them. Very strange work environment. Management as a whole is very poor, and they could use a few classes in Engineering Ethics.
Entry Level Job
SBE Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2017
Reported to one manager. There was constant technical assistance through out the company to provide training and complete necessary documents for employment and payroll. Benefits were very competitive.
I worked at WSP full-time
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJOctober 11, 2017
The good things
Good location, salary is above average, lots of opportunities to collaborate with people in other fields. Nice office.

The challenges
Working under pressure. Overhead in management level. Management having no responsibilities and not being able to make decisions.
Pros
good place to start your career
Cons
Poor management
Mechanical Inspector in BCAS Project (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
Different work Sites, Chance to learn more and introduced to many different mechanical systems, stay updated with most integrated inventions. On regular work day I'll be inspecting commercial buildings mechanical systems or NYC public Schools.
Sr. Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Great work atmosphere, a broad band of talent with resources that stretch around the globe. A very pleasant in house work force, great folks to work with.
great company
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2017
Great company, great projects, great coworkers, great culture, learned a lot, many ways to grow within in the company, learned company software, interned for the summer
Good Working Conditions
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 23, 2017
Great place to work and great people to work with. Learned a lot working there. I learned the most advanced features of MS Word. Everyone was friendly and helpful at all times.
No Consideration - Kicked to the Curb
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA Field OfficeJune 15, 2017
I loved my job and felt that I was very good at it. However, when the project was near completion, I was terminated without a second glance. I saw this happen to others during my four year employment. It's hard when you give your all and that's the thanks you get. I don't understand the logic.
Pros
Loved the work
Cons
No conscience or consideration for employees.
Housing Inspector (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 26, 2017
Let me start out that I am a contractor so I don't have a supervisor, I do as many as 75 homes a day for 7 days a week as long as your contract was for
Pros
Income
Cons
waiting between Jobs
Market Data Analyst
Marketing Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
It's a good place to work, because it is a large and global organization that has executed high impact engineering and architecture projects throughout the world. You get a chance to work with many individuals all over the globe. There is not much room for advancement there. I'm not sure why that is. I did learn a great deal while working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parsons Brinckerhoff. Our community is ready to answer.