Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff Employer Reviews

Fun place to work and great team effort
CAD Operator III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work place
Cons: workforce reductions
Excellent management styles.
Excellent benefits.
Loved working in a place where creativity
is appreciated.
Very productive and challenging work environment
Summer intern (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unpaid internship
A typical day at work involved research, data gathering, information assessment, writing and creating spreadsheets and tables. I learned to complete tasks associated with environmental studies per Federal and State requirements. My co-workers were all very helpful and educated. The hardest part of the job was completing tasks that are usually given – more... to people with more experience in the field of planning. The most enjoyable part of my job was having my work included in professional reports. – less
A very professional workplace where work is expected to be done at the highest standard
Assistant Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 2, 2014
Pros: you are continually challenged to improve and learn
Cons: very demanding work load, comes at expense of personal life sometimes.
There is never a "typical" day at Parsons Brinckerhoff. Every day, I was doing something different be it CAD work, loading or design calculations, specifications, or whatnot. It was almost always challenging and I would venture upon new problems each day.
Very accommodating environment
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
PB offers great benefits to employees related to work life balance and health. However, compensation guidelines are unfair and unequally distributed. The work environment is good overall because of minimal supervision, but management and employees in my department lack team building and collaboration among each other
Engineering consulting firm
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 11, 2014
Great company to work with. Nice and professional people. Decent pay
PB Is a excellent international engineering firm
Senior Design Architect (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: one of the best companies in the world.
Cons: none.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an international engineering firm that excels in providing job satisfaction for all employees including advancement into management. PB strives to provide a highly organized work environment promoting excellence in product design and production.
Productive place to work with a comfortable
SENIOR PAYROLL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: friendly environment.
Processing employee changes and manual checks, answering employee inquires in regards to payroll. Supporting Human Resources and Accounting in duties pertaining to payroll. I've learned how to process International payroll manually. Management was great I was able to talk about any issues I had. Open door policy. The hardest part of the job was that – more... the work was not distributed evenly through out the payroll dept. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some great people and having freedom to work independently.... – less
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a highly professional construction management firm
Senior Construction Inspector (Current Employee), Tomball, TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: having control of my daily activities and time.
Cons: working away from my home.
Reviewing inspector daily reports for payments to the contractor, remarks, calculations for payments, supporting documentation for the daily report (as-builts, calculations, or sketches).

Reviewing the project in the field: Meeting with the individual inspectors as they are observing the various construction activities.
Ensuring the owner that all – more... activities have proper supervision.
Communicating with the contractor to assure lane closures are set up properly, SWPPP is managed, and dealing with any problems in the construction.

Meeting with the owners with the consulting staff for updates and construction issues.

The hardest part of the job is when the contractor is not complying with the specifications and resolving their non-compliance.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fine, professional people day in and day out. – less
It has been a great experience
Safety Director (Current Employee), Dulles and National Airports, Washington DCJune 6, 2014
My experience with the company has been great. I have met many challenges along the way. I feel I have been a positive influence as well as the Airport Authority being a positive influence on me in return. It is all about team work with positive end results.
Amazing work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
I worked as an intern for Parson Brinckerhoff. The personal as well as the work environment was amazing. Everyday was as enjoyable as the next!
Great people to work with
Lead Civil Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee), Herndon, VAApril 10, 2014
Great team of engineers and architects to work with, but not enough consistent workload to keep everyone busy.
Great company to work for
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2014
I completely enjoyed working for them. Almost made my career with them.
Excellent team environment with a professional culture.
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2014
Pros: office luncheons, community service projects and fund raisers.
Cons: my position was relocated to lancaster, pa.
A typical day at work is processing invoices to clients; processing and verifying accuracy of subcontractor invoices; and all other related duties. I learned the Oracle software system, with wonderful help from my manager. Our department consisted of 6 women who made up a great team, willing to share helpful information with each other; and pitching – more... in to help co-workers when necessary. The hardest part of the job was processing each project according to client and contract guidelines, which were different for each project (no two were exactly alike). The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all deadlines, and helping the rest of the team meet theirs. I was able to recoup approx. $5,000 in unbilled expenses on one contract. – less
Assistant Water Resources Engineer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2014
I rarely work overtime, and when I do, I get paid for it. The culture is great, and there is a sense of family. At times, it is stressful, but the stress has never gotten to a boiling point at this office. Overall, an amazing company to work for.
Typical large A/E firm
Project Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good people in the trenches
Overall a great company to work for, although PB is succumbing to the corporate bureaucracy common to very large companies.
A great company to work for.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for. Of course one has to put in extra hours for advancement as one would at any company in Boston. It is well worth the effort. Management is great at PB. And the atmosphere is professional and friendly. Super place to work.
good place to work
OBIEE Technical Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
nice colleagues

Techn environment good
lot of things to learn
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a solid company with a great team of people
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2013
My typical day is a bit different from others but PB is a great company to work for with teams of great people.
The hardest part of the job is adjusting to new billing process
Sr. Project Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2013
Pros: eventually utilizing financial skills
Cons: the support is with lancaster
Once the new billing process works smoothly, we will have more time to devote to utilizing financial skills.
A great company
Vitual Design and Construction Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
A wonderful company with a marvelous past and a bright future. Company culture is really good, people are helpful. They have a very good reputation and they really are what most people say.

1 2 3 4

About Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees – Read more

Parsons Brinckerhoff Photos