Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff Employee Reviews in United States

Absence of passion
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  QAFebruary 27, 2016
Although highly professional, the working environment at Parsons is very robotic. Employees are only willing to meet expectations with no effort to exceed them in terms of quality and efficiency. Being a person who is very passionate about his career, I found this environment as not suitable for learners and achievers.
Pros
Location, Salary, Business maturity
Cons
Short breaks, not friendly, lack of direction
Productive and friendly with flexible scheduals
Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2016
A great deal of leeway and freedom is given to employees, however this is balanced out by significant expectations and carefully keeping track of what you are working on. The combination of flexible scheduled and the occasional looming deadline makes the balance of work and life an exorcise in extremes at times.
Locally, an amazing company to work for.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 3, 2016
Great projects, great environment, Locally amazing management. Global management is by publically traded company, meaning the bottom line trumps great people. co-workers are the best in the business and always did their best and that shows in their projects.
Pros
Free Soda, decent healthcare
Cons
no bonuses for common employees.
Very stable and fair company to work for.
Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 29, 2015
Parsons is a great company to work for. Management is very responsive and provides a very good work life balance. The company is tops in its field so job security is not a concern.
Great opportunity for Engineers,CAD and Marketing
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2015
The Dallas office is in a good location accessible to various freeways with covered parking. This office participates in several fund raising activities quarterly. Continued education is available with no charge through PB University(must be approved by manager). Red tape and politics is prevalent, but this is expected of a big company.
Good company to work for
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2015
This is one of the better companies to work for in NYC in my opinion, people are nice even pay is on the low side, and i enjoyed the freedom i got from the job.
Remote Work
Regional Environmental Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2015
I did not work at a PB office so I cannot really speak to the culture, I imagine it varies greatly from office to office. The company does adopt a health & safety and environmentally sustainable culture that filters even into it's remote project offices.
Cons
stingy time off and benefits
First Construction Job
Field Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 13, 2015
I love my Field Office! We are a big dysfunctional family but that's what makes the job pleasant and fun to be at. I actually look forward to coming to work on a daily basis. The Inspectors have a wealth of knowledge. This is a whole new world for me but I enjoy it very much.
Senior Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2014
A fast paced and energetic workplace. Worked out in the field and enjoyed the opportunity to grow with the company. Employees share knowledge and ability generously so you can complete your job effectively. Upper management could be more interactive. Great benefits and compensation package.
Pros
offer areas of growth for advancment
Cons
work away from home alot
Challenging and fullfilling career
Lead Quality Control Analyst & CAPA Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 20, 2014
Working in the disaster business is thrilling and adventurous. No natural disaster is the same & you are faced with different challenges daily. Not only is it a fast pace environment, but it requires being able to multi task in that fast pace.

Managing & analyzing quality control is detail oriented as well as demanding in the need for accuracy & efficiency. Meeting contractual obligations while still maintaining a budget is difficult but a rewarding challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping to rebuild lives after devastation. It can be trying, but is so fulfilling to know that what you do helps people in need.

Want to know more about Parsons Brinckerhoff?

Ask a question
Great company for new engineers
Civil Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 11, 2015
This company is a great place to start your career because they let you work on all different types of projects. However, after a few years you may realize that you're not doing much more than what you were when you first started.
Pros
great people, a lot of exposure
Cons
very tight deadlines, at the mercy of clients
Used to be great but no more
Senior Vice President - Operations Planning (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 22, 2015
When I first started at PB in 1996, it was an enjoyable, family like company. As the new owners took control in 2009 (Balfour Beatty at the time,) the culture began to change. Expensive hiring of so called "highly compensated" business development executives resulted in there so called experts delivering nothing, eating up overhead and productive department budgets being cut, perks eliminated and severe restrictions of training and development as a result of their incompetence. The only item that mattered to "Executive Management," was profit, at all costs and at the expense of qualified staff. And they all seem to wear "toupees!" Vindictive behavior by these so called "industry giants" recently hired resulted in the best and brightest staff to leave.
The other complaint is the lack of ethics and honor by the administrative managers; constant gossip, prying into employees private lives and retaliatory behavior. These managers cannot be trusted.
It was a good place to work but not anymore.
Pros
Salaries and benefits start out as good.
Cons
Negative culture, cut throat management, vindictive leadership
A good company to work in
Modeler II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2015
It has a good work/life balance and more innovation oriented. I had a good learning experience working at Parsons Brinckerhoff
Very productive and challenging work environment
Summer intern (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work involved research, data gathering, information assessment, writing and creating spreadsheets and tables. I learned to complete tasks associated with environmental studies per Federal and State requirements. My co-workers were all very helpful and educated. The hardest part of the job was completing tasks that are usually given to people with more experience in the field of planning. The most enjoyable part of my job was having my work included in professional reports.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unpaid internship
A very professional workplace where work is expected to be done at the highest standard
Assistant Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 2, 2014
There is never a "typical" day at Parsons Brinckerhoff. Every day, I was doing something different be it CAD work, loading or design calculations, specifications, or whatnot. It was almost always challenging and I would venture upon new problems each day.
Pros
you are continually challenged to improve and learn
Cons
very demanding work load, comes at expense of personal life sometimes.
Productie and good work environment
Designer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 4, 2015
Co-workers are great and there is a positive work environment. Learned a lot about MCDOT and ADOT design standards. Assisted in designs under several municipal standards.
Productive place to work with a comfortable
SENIOR PAYROLL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Processing employee changes and manual checks, answering employee inquires in regards to payroll. Supporting Human Resources and Accounting in duties pertaining to payroll. I've learned how to process International payroll manually. Management was great I was able to talk about any issues I had. Open door policy. The hardest part of the job was that the work was not distributed evenly through out the payroll dept. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some great people and having freedom to work independently....
Pros
friendly environment.
best place to work
Rail Track Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saudi arabiaApril 13, 2015
Enjoyed working in team evironment. worked together to achvieve goals. The management is great and support staff is awesome.
PB Is a excellent international engineering firm
Senior Design Architect (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 8, 2014
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an international engineering firm that excels in providing job satisfaction for all employees including advancement into management. PB strives to provide a highly organized work environment promoting excellence in product design and production.
Pros
one of the best companies in the world.
Cons
none.
Very accommodating environment
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
PB offers great benefits to employees related to work life balance and health. However, compensation guidelines are unfair and unequally distributed. The work environment is good overall because of minimal supervision, but management and employees in my department lack team building and collaboration among each other

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parsons Brinckerhoff. Our community is ready to answer.