Parsons Brinckerhoff Employee Reviews

workplace
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 31, 2017
PB was ok to work for, the problem was staying busy. Jobs were scarce for an inspector. They are more of a design firm than anything, so the construction services division was tough.
Pros
close to home
Cons
lack of work
local management team competent, cordial and respectful
Project Manager of capital construction (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2017
The local manager(s) was versed as to what the client needed and lead our team accordingly. They supported our management efforts and provided redirect when needed.

The out of town district upper management who traveled to client's office for scheduled meetings and presentations would only "yes sir" the time on the ground and not support local managers.
Cons
upper management from district offices were not productive
Good job for students
Image Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 23, 2017
The job as an image processor very easy and also very boring. One sits in a desk literally ALL day and clicks a button. If you make numbers and overexceed you get a bonus.
Good Place to Work
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 21, 2017
Worked as an intern for a few months back in 2015. Seemed to be plenty to help with, learned a lot about real-world engineering (since I was still going to school at the time). Nice clean, modern office, but working in an office isn't my cup of tea.
Pros
Plenty of Work
Cons
Too much time in front of the computer screen
This is for the Boston Office
Water Resources Project Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2017
The water services group functioned as an internal consultant to other groups within PB. Lots of opportunities to work on very innovative and challenging projects across states and internationally. Loved the flexibility and open-mindedness and general culture. Employees were not pigeon-holed to work in one field of expertise.
really nice place to work
Drafter (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 19, 2017
I learn to use MicroStation program, I used to work for several Engineers, It was a good place to work, we were a team, the manager was very high knowledge, very respectful and I tried to produce as much as I could.
My hardest part was to get up so early because I started working at 6:30 AM.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to submit the projects complete and on time.
Pros
Benefits and birthday lunches
Cons
to be out of work when we did not get new projects
Struggles continue with the merger.
Senior HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day is putting out fires. If you are not a licensed engineer your job is not valued. There are some people who would like to move in a different direction.
They have their favs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2017
When I was there I got sick and they wrote me up for being in the hospital and basically told me oh well.. even with documentation. They let others do what they want... They had their favs.
Fun place to work with good perks.
Image Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2017
Working for this company was a very fun experience. I got to learn the different license plates around the country and see some pretty interesting things. Plus they always fed their employees.
I did learn a lot working for Parsons Brinkerhoff
Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 28, 2016
Parsons Brinckerhoff was good in terms of providing training and treating employees as as asset for the company. Parsons managers have consideration to individual and family cercomstances
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 2, 2016
Processed invoices, Filed and entered data into entry log.How to us Oracle.Worked well with my bosses and co-workers.Hardest part of job was learning to work oracle.Most enjoyable was getting to know the big boss.
Pros
Getting to have lunch with co-workers and bosses.
Cons
Was only a temp job.
Great company to work for
Coop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2016
The typical day is 8 hours. I have learned a ton in my time there. Management is great, they know how to manage a project. Co-workers are great, very detailed oriented. Hardest part of the job is not having more autonomy. Most enjoyable part of the project is looking once the project is complete.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Productive and friendly with flexible scheduals
Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2016
A great deal of leeway and freedom is given to employees, however this is balanced out by significant expectations and carefully keeping track of what you are working on. The combination of flexible scheduled and the occasional looming deadline makes the balance of work and life an exorcise in extremes at times.
Absence of passion
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  QAFebruary 27, 2016
Although highly professional, the working environment at Parsons is very robotic. Employees are only willing to meet expectations with no effort to exceed them in terms of quality and efficiency. Being a person who is very passionate about his career, I found this environment as not suitable for learners and achievers.
Pros
Location, Salary, Business maturity
Cons
Short breaks, not friendly, lack of direction
Locally, an amazing company to work for.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 3, 2016
Great projects, great environment, Locally amazing management. Global management is by publically traded company, meaning the bottom line trumps great people. co-workers are the best in the business and always did their best and that shows in their projects.
Pros
Free Soda, decent healthcare
Cons
no bonuses for common employees.
Challenging
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Disater Sites.January 17, 2016
Helping people after a disaster was challenging and rewarding. I stopped because I was gone from home quit often wanted to be with family.
Pros
Went many different places, meet diverse people.
Cons
No benefits
Very stable and fair company to work for.
Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 29, 2015
Parsons is a great company to work for. Management is very responsive and provides a very good work life balance. The company is tops in its field so job security is not a concern.
Rewardable to help the general public - FEMA applicants
Disaster Housing Inspector-Contract for FEMA (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2015
A challenging position allowing me the opportunity to help a large amount of people. I was able to learn and grow a lot and use my GIS skillset to find locations, manage datasets for download, editing, and upload to fema, and contribute important and private data to a government / team related effort.
Pros
Freedom with various work environments
Cons
working 20 hours a day, 7 days per week
Low Team Moral
Worker bee (Current Employee) –  Washington,D.COctober 22, 2015
I have enjoyed my time here however many do not feel the same. Team moral seem to be low which explains the significantly high turnover. Room for growth available.
Great opportunity for Engineers,CAD and Marketing
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2015
The Dallas office is in a good location accessible to various freeways with covered parking. This office participates in several fund raising activities quarterly. Continued education is available with no charge through PB University(must be approved by manager). Red tape and politics is prevalent, but this is expected of a big company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parsons Brinckerhoff. Our community is ready to answer.

Parsons Brinckerhoff Reviews by Location