Parsons

Parsons Employee Reviews

Parsons
Safety Manager (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 21, 2015
Great company to work for in the engineering field that allows you to grow in your career. A company I would recommend to anyone.
Long hours, great pay and benefits
Waste Handler Technician IV (Former Employee), Various LocationsJuly 21, 2015
Long hours depending on the project. Travel was very accommodating, willing to take your needs into consideration. Living conditions pretty good considering varying circumstances.
Fun Workplace
3D Modeler & Animator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2015
Though I have not worked at Parsons for a long time, the work i was provided was both fun and also educating. The people in the office are also very nice and welcoming making it a fun and peaceful environment.
Decent place to work.
Civil Engineer (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 14, 2015
Good hours, works well with family life schedule. Good benefits, employee owned company. Parsons can be a bit stingy, give minimum yearly raises. It is hard to move up in the company unless you are willing to relocate around.
Great management at the program level.
Consultant to US Customs and Border (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good management
Cons: Contract was limited in scope.
Program was run from Washington DC and well handled remotely. Job was interesting, but limited by requirements of the contract.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJune 26, 2015
Pros: -
Cons: -
Great work experience!! Parsons is a excellent company!!! Awesome management and very friendly work environment!!!
Solid company
Environmental Scientist /Field Crew Leader (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJune 16, 2015
They are a very structured business that prioritizes safety and has the track record to prove it. They also have very strong engineering and design capability.
A very nice place to work in
Associate Information Technology (IT) Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 15, 2015
Parsons is a very nice place to work in. The people are very nice. It has a great learning environment as well as friendly people who are willing to help you learn.
It’s a really big company, and it is very well organized.
Highway engineer (Former Employee), IndianapolisJune 4, 2015
It was really stressful to work among experienced structural engineers, especially when I saw senior engineers simply put down numbers from experience. I had to put my effort at the office and catch up with things off the clock. In order to get familiar with the design codes and local regulations, I took a book of notes, using sectional drawings to indicate the importance. The internship and learning experience for the summer was really helpful for my future study in reinforcement concrete design class.
Great Company with one exception of vacation
Program Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMay 21, 2015
Really good company to work with. Management is outstanding.
Only negative is compensation for leave/vacation for persons coming on board with 25 plus years of experience.
Love my team, great manager
End User Computing (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 10, 2015
Pros: location, and travel
Cons: redundancy, sedentary, helping remote users
a typical day would entail looking over my tickets for the day. I support CA, NV, UT, and AZ, new things are learned day to day, management is good, I have a great team to work with, the most difficult part of my job would be supporting remote users, and trying to discribe to them how to do something, without being able to touch the computer myself. and of course the best part would be able to finally fix a problem that has been giving me fits.
Typical Corporate Work Life
Civil Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 5, 2015
40 hours a day. Managers sometimes difficult to work with. Sit at computer all day. Co-workers are mostly quiet and introverted, but nice.
Casual but highly ethical and safety-oriented.
Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Informal work environment.
Cons: Lack of development of skills training of current employees.
Company grows into areas that become "in-demand" over time. Very large projects are Corporate's focus, whereas local offices concentrate on filler projects.
Productive Material Handler
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2015
Pulling receiving orders, assisting customers with supplies. Operating forklift to move equipment and supplies. Typical work day begins at six am, and pulling orders that are needed to be pulled for the day.
fair work place.
Telecom Install Test Tech Lead (Current Employee), Norcross GAApril 3, 2015
Parsons is a fair work culture.Management is wonderful and the benefits offered by Parsons, including the 401K, are great.
you can have fun as long as the job gets done first
Warehouse Specialist/Contractor (Current Employee), Glenn Dale, MDMarch 31, 2015
wake up in the mourning and got to work then eat a heatly lunch
and get back to work then go home. And get back up and do it all over again
Excellent place to work
MD (Current Employee), Glen Dale MD 20723March 9, 2015
Excellent place to work. Management and employees have great working relationship. Employees work together with minimum supervision
very high on safety and security
Project Scheduler (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDMarch 9, 2015
Pros: weekly health and safety seminars
The customer set all of the standards that were in the criteria above, except for the discussion of safety, which seems to be a Parsons cultural issue. The contract with the government required the hours worked, the compensation, job security and job culture.
I'm a infrastructure inspector in Ministry of housing scheme al kharj riyadh.
Infrastructure Inspector (Current Employee), Al kharj RiyadhMarch 2, 2015
Typical day in parosns when we started the irrigation tank.
I specially learned parsons rule site works was as usual.
Update the site progress and given the all site detail to senior.
Every week our persons arrange the pizza party for refreshment that is enjoyable moments.
Electrical Engineer & QA With strong experience in industry maintanance
Elictric Engineer &Elect. designer (Former Employee), Middle EastFebruary 25, 2015
Responsible, for all electrical work in project, modifications and adjustment to bring designs to the required local Completing the designer’s plans for lighting, power, fire alarm, air-conditioning & earthling system, responsible for install electrical substation ,control panels , Inspection and Supervision construction work.
The hardest part was supervised installing( GIS ) Gas Insulation System for H.V substation & the most enjoyable of the job when working with team to finish the work before the deadline.
Headquarters