Parsons

Parsons Employer Reviews

Professional work environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2015
Worked with some excellent people, and learn a lot on the job!
Big company that puts a premium on saftey
Training Specialist (Current Employee), AlaskaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: income, relax management.
Cons: unstable job position
I'm a contracted employee of Parsons that offers specific training for the military in Alaska. Since I am contracted, the tenure of my employment with Parson ends when the contract ends and the contract terms are year to year. So technically speaking, this job position is "temporary". The pay is good, management is pretty laid back. I have about 3 bosses over me, so expect to answer to more than one person if you mess up. Having to go through training on being safe on the job is a little annoying. Personally, I feel they only do it for litigation reasons. Just a side note, I am under the Parsons Government Services. Parsons has many different departments, so your experience may be different.
Site Lead (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKJanuary 14, 2015
Parsons PSG supports both personal and team development. There are many opportunities for advancement. It is a solid company to work with.
Productive and fun place to work.
Glen Dale, Md (Current Employee), Glen Dale, MDJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits..nice management..
Stress free place to work with nice co-workers..Everybody willing to help each other out if needed..great place to work.
A place for work and potential future positions.
Project Safety Manager (Current Employee), Hudson Falls, NYDecember 21, 2014
Company has allowed me to use my 30 years of experience to assist in the development of the current safety program.

Good interaction with the team members.

Hardest part of position is the limited staffing we have.

Been great working with the same team over the past six construction seasons.
Not great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 20, 2014
Cons: poor management. lack of opportunities, a lot of clicks among employees
I was laid off after seven years and management did nothing to find me another position in the company. They don't care about their employees. Stay sway from working st Parsons. There are alot of clicks in the company and you only get promoted if you are in a click and know somebody that likes you. Promotions are not based on abilities.
Dynamic and challenging
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: always opportunity, dynamic culture, accountable management
Cons: heavy internal politics, inability of company to support staff when challenged by client
Oversight of client construction program/project. Engaged in BD and Marketing. Continued education opportunities and training. International projects involvement opportunities.
Parsons-One of the Best Companies
Principle Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee), Newport, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: we finished the elimation of the agent vx in a timely manner.
Cons: the results could have been tragic if mishandled
A typical day began with meeting with Engineering to discuss any updates on changes in the daily schedule designed to terminate the Agent VX.

I would meet with the laboratory specialists to verify if there had been any safety reports, spills or accidents from the previous day. None were ever reported while I was there. The laboratory specialist were key in helping us destroy the Agent VX.

Reviewed Safety practices daily with the Safety Manager and determined if there were any issues from handling of the Agent the day before. None were reported.

Met with Government personnel on a bi-weekly basic to provide status of the issuing of purchase order and Subcontracts for various requirements to assure all contract deliveries were within budget and one time for delivery,

Management and Co-workers were serious Professionals who understood the importance of a safe environment to destroy the Agent VX.

I also managed the Contract for the Facility Personnel who were responsible for cleaning of the interior building on the entire site in Newport, Indiana.

We finished the program early and most of the people who were required to stay to close-out were there when I left the company to return to Indianapolis, IN.
Majority of resources do not have enough time in a day to complete tasks
Contracts Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: constantly interesting projects
Cons: workload
Many managerial resources are overwhelmed and due to international projects many are working an average of 12 to 14 hour days, due to time variations and continuous tight timelines
Excellence work Atmosphere
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKOctober 9, 2014
Pros: numerous opportunities to learn and grow professionally
Cons: n/a
Interacting with all levels of the simulation world and with different ABCS systems was always very rewarding.
Challenging
SharePoint Architect (Current Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 9, 2014
Working hours are 60 hrs/ week.
You need to be jack of all and master of none.
Productive team players
Secretary III/Office Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City KSOctober 7, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work started as soon as you walked into the door.
I did not mind as I like working with our customers and field employees daily. I managed the front office. I was promoted from a secretary to office manager. Daily work included on-board and training of new staff including training. Purchasing job materials and supplies for the office and field employees. Processed timecards and expense reports. Set up and coordinated all meeting and events. Handled difficult situations daily. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people.
Excellent company to work for.
Mechanical Area Construction Engineer/Specialist (Former Employee), Aiken, SC 29803September 17, 2014
Enjoyed my time with Parsons and would recommend them to anyone.
Great company for growth
Resident Engineer/Construction Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: long-term project assignments, good management
Cons: difficulty in retaining employees in some regions
I've been an employee at Parsons for almost 8 full years. During my time, I have worked for two different divisions of the company and both were great experiences. The people really care about achieving a work/life balance and want to help you grow professionally. The compensation and benefits are excellent with an ESOP program that is top-notch.
Very professional, care for employees
Program & Construction Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, top pay, professional people, no politics
- a typical day at work: Managed my project, team and established priorities for the next few days
- what you learned: Better corporate senior management style
- management: Smart, professional, caring about the staff
- your co-workers: Skilled, dedicated, team players
- the hardest part of the job: Managing client expectations
- the most enjoyable part of the job: Company meetings and events
Productive and Fun workplace. Depending on what you are looking for this could be a great place
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: travel, sponsored certifications, great co-workers
Cons: management
Work here requires you to be fully engaged on your project. There are a lot of moving parts and logistics are critical.Gained a great deal of knowledge working along side my PMs. The key is to keep your work as transparent as possible and communicate as often as possible with the client. This usually always created great relationships with my clients!
Reporting, yearly preparation of project budget, project reports, control and Monthly and Year end review and adjustment if necessary on each project.
Lead Cost Engineer (Former Employee), San Bernardino CaliforniaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: work time - 9/80 schedule.
Cons: can not think of anything i do not like.
Reviewed all payment to consultants and contractors for accuracy in amount needed to be paid, budgeted and coded to proper project and funds.
Since all my experience was with private corporation, I learned various funds from federal, state, local government and sales tax revenue.
Managed all (53) projects by budget, funds and code to the proper general ledger accounts.
Can coordinate all aspects of the assigned projects with the project managers.
The hardest part of my job was to coordinate with the project mangers how their projects are funded. I tried to be patient, give them the absolute date I need the information and set a meeting with them for them to provide the funding and discuss with me why projects are funded the way they are.
I truely enjoy all aspects of my work.
Excellent Company
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 18, 2014
Government projects. Department of Defense and Department of Energy
Work
Laborer (Former Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be there to get the job done.
cohesive design team and friendly work enviornment
Rail/Civil Engineering Consultant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 16, 2014
Parsons provided support and resources to enhance daily design tasks. Communication was strong and team was friendly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Parsons

About Parsons Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues – Read more