Parsons Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 9, 2015
This is or has been a great place to work in the past. The manager was forthright and honest about work or lack of work. The manager always made sure we had something even if it was for a few weeks. The current manager does not understand Software Engineering or the technology used to create an application. The manager is cruel in meetings and indirectly cuts his employees down and has unreasonable expectations of software work. Other than that I get to work from home and play with new technology while trying to meet the expectations.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, and great projects
Cons
Sometimes weak management
Employees Work Hard, Managers Out of Touch
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  La Palma, CASeptember 4, 2015
My biggest complaint is the managers, they'll either assign too much work to one person and not give them enough time to finish, or they won't give any work to somebody, but still require them to come in to work every day. The former is a very big problem because they do timesheets each week based on charge numbers, so if you're not getting any work, you're not getting paid.

I've come in 3 days this week and not gotten an assignment the entire time. I might as well have just taken the week off.
Pros
Employees are knowledgable
Cons
Charge Number system is flawed.
A decent first job
Associate Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2015
I worked in the rail and transit division for several years before going back to grad school for biomedical engineering. I think that this would have been a great opportunity for someone who wants to be in construction, public works or rail transit. I worked with a lot of really great motivating people, and a lot of difficult, unpleasant people. Overall, it's a big company, you can certainly find a team and a project that fits you if you stick around long enough.
Natural Resource Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYAugust 24, 2015
excellent work/life balance, compensation and management. I had a temporary position and I wish I would have been able to stay full time permanent.
Okay company but the benefits have declined recently
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2015
Parsons has been through several changes in the past few years. New company have been acquired that have changed the culture of Parsons, along with their core industry. They have moved away from their traditional Engineering/Construction contracts in some business units and seem to be adrift in the bigger management services and intelligence federal contracting world. Also, if you are luckily enough to be employed on a project that still provides ESOP benefits, the ESOP allocations have been declining over the past several years. Pay increases are almost none and you must change projects if you have any hopes of advancing in the company. Also, unless you are selected as one of their young talent to watch, might as well move on to another company as your career will most likely stagnate. It is a decent place to work for a few years but for most people, unless you really love your co-workers, that is it.
A Collaborative Innovative Company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 5, 2015
Parsons has an excellent protocol and standardized way of planning, executing, monitoring and completing deliverables on contracts. There is some flexibility in working conditions depending on the contract.
Pros
Emphasis on Core Values (Safety, Quality, Innovation, Sustainability, Diversity)
Parsons
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 21, 2015
Great company to work for in the engineering field that allows you to grow in your career. A company I would recommend to anyone.
Long hours, great pay and benefits
Waste Handler Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsJuly 21, 2015
Long hours depending on the project. Travel was very accommodating, willing to take your needs into consideration. Living conditions pretty good considering varying circumstances.
Fun Workplace
3D Modeler & Animator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2015
Though I have not worked at Parsons for a long time, the work i was provided was both fun and also educating. The people in the office are also very nice and welcoming making it a fun and peaceful environment.
Decent place to work.
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 14, 2015
Good hours, works well with family life schedule. Good benefits, employee owned company. Parsons can be a bit stingy, give minimum yearly raises. It is hard to move up in the company unless you are willing to relocate around.
Great management at the program level.
Consultant to US Customs and Border (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2015
Program was run from Washington DC and well handled remotely. Job was interesting, but limited by requirements of the contract.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Contract was limited in scope.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJune 26, 2015
Great work experience!! Parsons is a excellent company!!! Awesome management and very friendly work environment!!!
Solid company
Environmental Scientist /Field Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJune 16, 2015
They are a very structured business that prioritizes safety and has the track record to prove it. They also have very strong engineering and design capability.
A very nice place to work in
Associate Information Technology (IT) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 15, 2015
Parsons is a very nice place to work in. The people are very nice. It has a great learning environment as well as friendly people who are willing to help you learn.
It’s a really big company, and it is very well organized.
Highway engineer (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJune 4, 2015
It was really stressful to work among experienced structural engineers, especially when I saw senior engineers simply put down numbers from experience. I had to put my effort at the office and catch up with things off the clock. In order to get familiar with the design codes and local regulations, I took a book of notes, using sectional drawings to indicate the importance. The internship and learning experience for the summer was really helpful for my future study in reinforcement concrete design class.
Great Company with one exception of vacation
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 21, 2015
Really good company to work with. Management is outstanding.
Only negative is compensation for leave/vacation for persons coming on board with 25 plus years of experience.
Love my team, great manager
End User Computing (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2015
a typical day would entail looking over my tickets for the day. I support CA, NV, UT, and AZ, new things are learned day to day, management is good, I have a great team to work with, the most difficult part of my job would be supporting remote users, and trying to discribe to them how to do something, without being able to touch the computer myself. and of course the best part would be able to finally fix a problem that has been giving me fits.
Pros
location, and travel
Cons
redundancy, sedentary, helping remote users
Typical Corporate Work Life
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2015
40 hours a day. Managers sometimes difficult to work with. Sit at computer all day. Co-workers are mostly quiet and introverted, but nice.
Casual but highly ethical and safety-oriented.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2015
Company grows into areas that become "in-demand" over time. Very large projects are Corporate's focus, whereas local offices concentrate on filler projects.
Pros
Informal work environment.
Cons
Lack of development of skills training of current employees.
Productive Material Handler
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2015
Pulling receiving orders, assisting customers with supplies. Operating forklift to move equipment and supplies. Typical work day begins at six am, and pulling orders that are needed to be pulled for the day.