part time

part time Employer Reviews

Party in the City
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good money at a good job, easy tasks, kind customers, short hours
Cons: small team, low paying job, elementary
Party City is one of the most fun and colorful jobs I've ever worked with. The management is full of very enthusiastic people, the coworkers were a bit too young to truly enjoy the fun of the job, and the items we sold were very very fun and joyful!

A day at work went as such:
Everyday, I would get into work about 5 min. early, clock in, then start – more... on recovery of the store. The work was very easy, and while the pay was minimal, the single priority work that was expected of you proved that the pay wasn't that bad.

If we closed, we never stayed for more than 40 minutes afterwards. When I opened, I would have to come in early to clean the store. That part was easy, since all you had to do was dump trash and sweep the store. I also got to listen to my own music then.

When work ended, that was that. I had all the time in the world to hang out with my friends, get together with family, and do whatever I wanted. When the holidays came around, the work hardly got worse. It was extremely steady at all times. My paychecks only got bigger the longer I worked there.

Don't get me wrong, there were some bad times, but they rarely existed. The store was just small enough to not cause too much drama.

In all, it was a fun job to work at. I did learn a lot about their products, their management, and their systems. Oh yeah, and the balloons were fun too! – less
Disappointing experience
La Playa Carmel Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Carmel-by-the-Sea, CAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: they do provide benefits after a waiting period
Cons: i usually got morning breaks, but seldom got relieved for afternoon breaks
I worked at La Playa Carmel for 9 months. I am an awesome front desk worker, but when I was overworked and there were difficult circumstances I made a mistake and was terminated.

Helping the guests was great! My front desk coworkers were awesome. There is no answering machine and you are required to answer the phone by the 3rd ring, so it can get rough – more... if the phones are ringing a lot, or if someone walks up to the front desk and you are by yourself.

They have guest service standards and one of them is that you are supposed to treat guests and each other with dignity and respect.
I heard the general manger yelling at the food and beverage manager for like 10 minutes and the manager was reduced to tears.

When I had to call the maintenance manager because a door person showed up to work and I knew nothing about it he yelled at me because he was on vacation. He apologized when he returned, but as the human resource manager stated, when you are a manager, you are "on call" all the time. Neither one of those managers treated other employees with "dignity and respect".

I got the feeling that the front office manager doesn't really enjoy helping people all that much, and he comes out to the front desk only if he has to for covering a break, for example. He could actually be a bit curt toward people. Some of the managers are snobs.

They do "write ups" of employees often and focus on the negative instead of the positive. Several employees were on their "Final" and a few of them left because of the negative atmosphere.

There are a few more negatives but it is hard to put it into words. I'll just say it is a bit dysfunctional. Communication should be improved. – less
Great laid back atmosphere with very admirable coworkers and CEO.
Senior Lead Piping Designer, Project Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, TXMay 15, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, clean quiet environment, great coffee room, no pressure time schedule on arrival or departure when working in the office.
Cons: nothing
There's nothing hard about this job. I love the consuming technology that is needed to be productive and the interaction with the client as well the engineering group. We are all on the same page and feeding each other technical data and ideas on projects that need creative thinking due to the type of atmosphere the design needs to be applied. I love – more... going to work but, I also work from home via VPN which, is one of the nicer parts of the job. – less
Part time
Translator (Former Employee), Tokyo & San DiegoMay 14, 2013
It it a part time job.
I like it because I feel accomplished every time I finish a translation booklet.
The hardest part of the job is that income is not stable
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am not just translating, but also learn the products.
One Employer is not enough.
Construction Worker (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2013
Part time is a great addition to a the unrelated modified full time work I perform at a local hospital three days per week.
while at al brooks chevy
Community volunteer - United Fund (Former Employee), cedSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
I didn't get the chance to work for them long. they went out of business.
Great place, brilliant atmosphere
Waitressing (Former Employee), Nelson, South WalesJune 12, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed my time whilst working here.
Improved my confidence and social skills.
The staff and customers were a pleasure to work with
fun workplace
technician (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 24, 2014
Pros: meeting client
Cons: late working hours
busy, sometmes to quiet work related
love meeting new clients
flexi hours
PRODUCTIVE
ASSITANT PROFESSOR IN HISTORY (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 12, 2014
Pros: planned work
Cons: job not guarenteed
.Whether I likes the job or not. I am satisfied with the job overall, or at the facet level .There exists Personal growth, Policies and procedures, opportunities, Recognition, Security, and Supervision. It is a subjective construct representing an emotional feeling which reflects the degree of pleasure or happiness of the job in general induces. It – more... is more objective and logical evaluation of various facets of the job. It is one-dimensional as it comprises evaluation of just one facet of a job, such as pay , casual leave, multidimensional and the job is simultaneously evaluated. – less
At my home
babysitting (Former Employee), Dunedin, SJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free food when i make them food
Cons: as long as they are gone and come back with notice
i enjoy babysitting, my sibling and other kids are amazing, they have the most kind personality and just put a smile on your face, some days are tough but i can handle it.
CDI COLLEGE
Specialized Learner Support (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 26, 2013
Pros: very good teacher
Cons: working after hours to do study notes for exams
A typical day is a Oil & Gas lesson in which I make notes. I work with people well
Growth orientated institution
Project freelancing (Current Employee), GPNovember 5, 2013
Pros: monthly awards
Cons: long hours
Productive and fun workplace
Potential for growth
Accessible leadership
Less recognition
Becoming a part of a winning team
A nice place to work
Food stall Team leader (Former Employee), Guildford, ENGOctober 20, 2013
Pros: free lunch and discount at the leisure centre
Cons: hourly rate not that great
upon arrival you report to the catering office where you are issued the keys to your section of the catering stall and a radio to contact the manager when needed. You go through the opening procedures and check all necessary equipment is functional. The managers are helpful and always a call away, the people i worked with fun helpful and we worked like – more... a well oiled machine on most occasions. The hardest part of this job was cleaning up at end of the shift. The most enjoyable aspect were my colleagues, great people to work with. – less
It is fun.
Hardware and operating system maintenance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2012
I always enjoy the work I do, because I have the passion. I am a cooperative and diplomatic person too. Tolerance , patience and magnanimity are my virtues.
Productive and fun
Part time, Andritz Drafting (Former Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 6, 2012
Pros: good general morale
Cons: people are never perfect, some need help.
Serious about doing things right, yet an atmosphere that allows for the human touch.
BUENO
Asesora Operativa (Former Employee), Barranquilla, ATLSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: ambiente de trabajo agradable con jefes y compa;eros de trabajo con buena educacion y buen trato.
Cons: ninguna, fue un trabajo en mision asi es que fue por poco tiempo, eso seria lo unico.
FUE UNA EXPERIENCIA CORTA PERO AGRADABLE Y MUY FRUCTIFERA A NIVEL LABORAL, PUESTO QUE ME RELACIONE CON GENTE NUEVA Y APRENDI MUCHO SOBRE LA EMPRESA PARA LA CUAL NOS CONTRATARON