Established in 1972, Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit programs, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability programs and a 401(k) plan. We are a non-smoking campus with an emphasis on health and well-being; this includes an on-site clinic for employees’ use.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who can work independently and as part of a project team to develop and maintain software applications following our software life cycle methodology including necessary records and documentation. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the design and implementation of Visual C++ applications, .NET components, databases, application program interfaces and graphical user interfaces.
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Provide recommendations and technical advice to software test team as needed.
- Give assistance to software support in resolving customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 7-10 years of programming experience using Microsoft technologies and .NET Framework.
- Strong experience in the following:
o C# and C++
o Microsoft Visual Studio
o Debugging multi-threaded Windows applications
o Relational database technologies, design and programming, especially MS SQL Server
- In addition, experience with the following is preferred:
o Borland Paradox databases
o SQL stored procedures and triggers
o ADO >NET or LINQ
- Experience with all phases of analysis and design (requirements gathering, technical documentation, coding, analyzing and testing) of applications
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties and set priorities effectively
Relocation to Boulder, CO is required.