Partner Engineering and Science, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Phase 1 ESA Sweatshop
Staff Assessor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 4, 2015
I'll start with the pros of working at Partner, because they are very few, and pretty shallow pros for intelligent, talented people interesting in gaining a career they care about and are proud of.
Pros- Can wear whatever you want - within reason, No micro-managing, can work from home often

Cons - Well, to start, I called Partner a Phase 1 SWEATSHOP! Its not that the work is overwhelming and constant, because like any consulting company work loads come and go. But Partner churns out Phase 1 reports, and this is all Staff Assessors will be doing. This means staff writes basically the same report over and over and over, and these reports have a quick turn around. They are basically copy and pasting into a template, and calling/visiting a few agencies for information. Boring, needless to say, and hard to take pride in your work, as it feels you are doing busy work non stop. Really makes your career feel meaningless.

Needless to say, I'm looking for other work, and although Partner doesn't pay well, I would be willing to take a pay cut for more interesting work.
Pros
flexible work times, work from home
Cons
tedious work, meaningless, no diversity in work
Very Misleading
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 28, 2014
I was contacted through LinkedIn to interview with Partner Engineering a while back. I took time off from my current job and drove at least 100 miles to interview. The interview seemed very promising, I was told by the interviewer that I was qualified for the engineering position, the nature of the work I would be performing and that he wanted to hire me (but had to talk to the higher-ups, not so fast on uncorking any champagne).

Partner Engineering asked about my current salary and said they could match it and I could work close to home. I took the "bait" and jeopardized an interview with another organization for that same day. I was told that I would be getting a call for another interview and I left feeling very confident. Days turned into weeks and after one month had passed I followed up with the interviewer. I was told that I was still the only candidate being considered (which was a lie because a few days later I got an automated rejection letter where I was told there were more qualified candidates that they wanted to consider).

I was wanting to change jobs and try something different but this experience was a build-up for a big letdown (e.g. don't call us we'll call you and hope you don't follow up). I feel for candidates who are out of work, that need to be working and are running out of time; and to be toyed with and jerked around by a company that is about as fickle as a four-year old is inexcusable. Beware of any job postings and recruitments from Partner Engineering where all they want is your personal information and even your Facebook profile on their database.
don't come here if you are talented, skilled, experienced
would rather not say (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 24, 2014
The hours are highly flexible; however, the lower you are on the corporate rung, the longer and harder you will work. Regardless of your experience, managers will subject you to meaningless and menial tasks, pending their particular needs of the day. Employees in general are nice decent people at the lower end of the rank and become increasingly self-centered and less self-sufficient the higher up you go. There is little to no motivation to develop or grow as a professional or even as a person. Only a few of the upper management actually have earned their promotion to the top. The majority of principals are sales people and were promoted or hired as such to improve their visibility with clients. In addition, annual reviews are only given to prove their observed worthlessness of your contribution to the company and very rarely is the monetary compensation a result of your hard work, dedication, or actual contribution to the company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
everything else
They understand the value of employing talented and experienced professionals
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2013
There are many opportunities for growth and they reach out to understand the employee's value to the company and its clients.
Pros
working with experienced professionals and quality clients.
Cons
none.
Partner Values Set Them Apart
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 15, 2013
Working at Partner is by far the most interesting job that I've ever had.
Pros
company culture valued, rewarding, work life balance
Cons
sometimes our sink or swim mentality can be a little bit daunting. in some cases, this can be a positive or negative thing that can either encourage or discourage employees.