Partner Engineering and Science, Inc

Partner Engineering and Science, Inc Employee Reviews

Not just a job but a CAREER!
Environmental Staff Assessor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 27, 2017
This is honestly the first company where you are treated as an asset and not just another number. I work in our New Jersey office and its amazing how it feels such like a 2nd family to me. The mentorship I have is priceless, anytime I have a questions about my work I always have access to speak with either a PM or even a TD and they would also be more than happy to answer then. I've been with Partner for over 1 year and I have learned so much in the due diligence industry luckily with the guidance of my colleagues. I met our CEO a couple times and you can't even tell he is the CEO of the company since he is always walking around giving high-fives and asking our plans for the weekend. I can see Joe really makes an effort and actually cares for his employees. If you're looking for a permanent home in a career in Environmental consulting, this is the place/home for you.
Pros
flexibility, can work from home, offers great training program, very relaxed office environment, job security, benefits are good
Cons
i recommend having more management meetings with staff, built a tighter bond with your lower staffers, more company events, higher salary increase
Don't bother
Construction Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 3, 2017
The CSS position is high stress, high work-load and the Project Managers are too buried under their own projects to be able to help much.
This is the sort of company that excels in quantity over quality. If you enjoy pumping out report after report, this is the place for you.
If you want to enjoy doing the work, you are better off looking elsewhere.
If you are looking for at least a modicum of positive reinforcement or the proverbial pat on the back, better off going elsewhere.
The pay-scale barely rates the level of experience they are hoping to get and they generally want someone who will just keep quiet and do the work without complaint.
The recruiter will ask you about your pay rate, but will try and whittle you down to around $16 an hour before offering you the job.
Expect to pay a big chunk of your earnings toward the "benefits" package.
Ask about the average learning curve you will have to wade through before you get comfortable as training is ad-hoc at best or non-existent at worst.
Keep an eye on the turn-over rate and ask about that during the interview. If they dither or try and change the subject, thank them for their time and leave. You may be next to go.
Pros
The atmosphere is generally laid back, the dress code is "As long as you are not naked or going to the club"
Cons
Benefits are expensive, pay is low and hours are long, management doesn't really want to hear about your problems, try to limit your time off unless you are well ahead on your project list, and avoid "negative" attitudes, Partner wants only happy people
Adult version of busy work
Environmental Scientist, Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Typically, work is 9-5, but deadlines add pressure making work from home, or after hours almost a necessity.

The position is basically one of project management because of all of the coordination, multi-tasking, organizing, and time management that is required.

The pay is terrible considering the level of expertise required and the value of the product that is produced, so I feel extremely undervalued by the company, but not necessarily by co-workers.

Overall, the people in the office are really nice and good to work with. People are patient and allow you to manage your own schedule.

Very good learning experience due to the amount of interaction with all types of people and clients on a daily basis.

Generally, the work is dry, technical, and opinionated, but it is also extremely detail oriented and mundane. There is an insane level of redundancy that comes with the work.

Organization is required, multi-tasking is extremely important, and the projects are all very similar.

This position is essentially data entry, but requires technical expertise and a very detail oriented personality.

Benefits are pretty good, but you have to hang in there for a year. The company will pay for your cell phone bill because you use it a lot for business calls and for emails and such.
Pros
Generally a 9-5 work day and weekends off, friendly co-workers who are patient and easy to work with, and an office culture where they try to keep people happy (occasional office parties), Average benefits program
Cons
Tedious technical writing with deadlines and billable goals, Very low pay considering the expertise required, Technical & opinion based reports, boring work, stressful deadlines, very detail oriented, requires intense multi-tasking and organization
Partner Values Set Them Apart
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 15, 2013
Working at Partner is by far the most interesting job that I've ever had.
Pros
Company Culture Valued, Rewarding, Work Life Balance
Cons
Sometimes our sink or swim mentality can be a little bit daunting. In some cases, this can be a positive or negative thing that can either encourage or discourage employees.
don't come here if you are talented, skilled, experienced
would rather not say (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 24, 2014
The hours are highly flexible; however, the lower you are on the corporate rung, the longer and harder you will work. Regardless of your experience, managers will subject you to meaningless and menial tasks, pending their particular needs of the day. Employees in general are nice decent people at the lower end of the rank and become increasingly self-centered and less self-sufficient the higher up you go. There is little to no motivation to develop or grow as a professional or even as a person. Only a few of the upper management actually have earned their promotion to the top. The majority of principals are sales people and were promoted or hired as such to improve their visibility with clients. In addition, annual reviews are only given to prove their observed worthlessness of your contribution to the company and very rarely is the monetary compensation a result of your hard work, dedication, or actual contribution to the company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
everything else
Great Place to Work
Admin (Current Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 16, 2013
The staff is all very friendly and helpful. They are tentative in answering questions and providing a high morale environment. Growing quickly due to their customer service to all clients.
Phase 1 ESA Sweatshop
Staff Assessor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 4, 2015
I'll start with the pros of working at Partner, because they are very few, and pretty shallow pros for intelligent, talented people interesting in gaining a career they care about and are proud of.
Pros- Can wear whatever you want - within reason, No micro-managing, can work from home often

Cons - Well, to start, I called Partner a Phase 1 SWEATSHOP! Its not that the work is overwhelming and constant, because like any consulting company work loads come and go. But Partner churns out Phase 1 reports, and this is all Staff Assessors will be doing. This means staff writes basically the same report over and over and over, and these reports have a quick turn around. They are basically copy and pasting into a template, and calling/visiting a few agencies for information. Boring, needless to say, and hard to take pride in your work, as it feels you are doing busy work non stop. Really makes your career feel meaningless.

Needless to say, I'm looking for other work, and although Partner doesn't pay well, I would be willing to take a pay cut for more interesting work.
Pros
Flexible work times, work from home
Cons
Tedious work, meaningless, no diversity in work
Very Misleading
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 28, 2014
I was contacted through LinkedIn to interview with Partner Engineering a while back. I took time off from my current job and drove at least 100 miles to interview. The interview seemed very promising, I was told by the interviewer that I was qualified for the engineering position, the nature of the work I would be performing and that he wanted to hire me (but had to talk to the higher-ups, not so fast on uncorking any champagne).

Partner Engineering asked about my current salary and said they could match it and I could work close to home. I took the "bait" and jeopardized an interview with another organization for that same day. I was told that I would be getting a call for another interview and I left feeling very confident. Days turned into weeks and after one month had passed I followed up with the interviewer. I was told that I was still the only candidate being considered (which was a lie because a few days later I got an automated rejection letter where I was told there were more qualified candidates that they wanted to consider).

I was wanting to change jobs and try something different but this experience was a build-up for a big letdown (e.g. don't call us we'll call you and hope you don't follow up). I feel for candidates who are out of work, that need to be working and are running out of time; and to be toyed with and jerked around by a company that is about as fickle as a four-year old is inexcusable. Beware of any job postings and recruitments from Partner Engineering where all they want is your personal information and even your Facebook profile
  more... on their database.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partner Engineering and Science, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6