PartnerMD, a membership concierge medical practice specializing in primary care and executive health, has an opportunity for a part-time Fitness Specialist. The candidate will be responsible for providing services in the Wellness Department for the Richmond, VA, office of PartnerMD.
The part-time Fitness Specialist is responsible for providing nutrition and health education, and wellness programs along with one-on-one personal training and counseling for PartnerMD members and corporate accounts in Richmond, VA.
Specific duties and accountabilities include the following:
- Motivating patients to adopt a health lifestyle.
- Promote wellness programs for current and new patients.
- One-on-one personal training and health counseling.
- Provide health education information to patients.
- Provide weight-loss programs to patients.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned which may include writing health
and wellness articles and leading presentations on health related topics.
- Perform applicable portions of health physicals.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field.
- At least two years of prior experience as a Fitness Specialist
- Must have at least one nationally recognized Personal Training certification
- Strong Computer experience is a must as this position will involve working with medical records. Electronic medical record "EMR" experience is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Self starter
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Ability to multi task
- Highly professional demeanor and ability to communicate on multiple levels
- Must be a team player as well as able to work independently
- Highly ethical
The position will report to the Wellness Director, and has significant contact and involvement with other members of the management and administrative team and with the general public.. The work will be based at PartnerMD’s offices in Richmond, VA. The workweek is typically Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Must be non-smoker and pass background check for criminal, credit and DMV history. To apply, please submit your confidential resume, along with compensation expectations.