Partners HealthCare(PHS) Employee Reviews

Meaningful work with too much middle management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2017
Partners offers the opportunity to work for a variety of health care settings, from ambulatory practices to major teaching hospitals. Many smart interesting people work there, but too many of them are in middle management bossing each other around. Benefits and salary are good.
Not fun place to work, not enough staff,never get break, systems set to fail
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 17, 2017
Poor work environment, poor leadership support, nurses do way to much and are expected to put in just about any order that an MD. Some even put in Cat scan orders. Some docs are so miserable they are not even approachable. Some nurse when giving report will not pick up tasks if you were not able to get to the. Lowest Morale I have ever seen. People talk about each others business even health issues.not saying all are bad,but bad enough a lot of bullying and probably HIPPA violations as well as a lot of lateral violence--leadership is more concerned getting patients up whether or not the report was given, if a tele pt has to travel with a nurse..Its rediculous
Pros
I get to leave at the end of my shift
Cons
For now-the check clears
Testing Coordinator
Testing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2017
Overall partners is a solid company with great healthcare benefits. With Epic installations still ongoing, communicating with other groups can be challenging as their priorities are understandably elsewhere. As with many companies, your experience greatly depends on your management team.
High turn over
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 29, 2017
Average length of a manager is a year. Staff burnt out. Exhausted.
Slammed with admissions all the time and the poor nurses are treated ridiculously..can't relate to all these positives comments.
I have so many friends that literally ran out of the door in Waltham.

MEAN GIRLS. - with the pretentious West Wing for upper management. Omg.
Pay and benefits are GREAT. That's it!!
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Partners Health
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2017
Partner Health care is an exceptional Healthcare facility both for patient and it's employees. I have learned multiple skills, which allows me to provide excellent customer services and have gain leader ship skill, which i feel I'll utilize through out my career.
Pros
Locaton
Cons
Advancement
Productive Fun Workplace
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 18, 2017
Partners has a great extensive learning process and training. It is well organized for teaching new employees. There is opportunity for growth in almost every department. They are very welcoming to entry level hires.
Pros
Earned Time off cash in option
Cons
Short breaks
good
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAMarch 14, 2017
its a great place to start off ot get your foot in the doo, but they pay horrible but the benefits are awesome , the enviorment just like every where else
Great Hospital to practice and grow professionally
Retired Non Practicing Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Brigham and Womens Hospita Boston, MAMarch 4, 2017
Exciting and professionally challenging work environment. Great staffing ratios, frequent continuing education. Supportive nursing leaders who encourage nursing professionalism.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
commute
Filling All Day
Filler (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMarch 1, 2017
So far I liked the pharmacy everyone gets a long, a very fun place to be. Also learned new aspects of the pharmacy environment.
Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2017
I loved working for PHS. I worked for their eCare Biomedical Device Integration team during the Epic integration. It was a wonderful and busy experience but every team member I worked with was excited and looking out for eachother.

There was a solid balance between work and life, nice benefits and exciting work. It was very easy to invest yourself in the work because it was so clear it would benefit patients.

I left PHS to relocate for family health reasons. If I should ever find myself looking to move back to Boston they will be first on my list.
Its an okay place to work.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAFebruary 21, 2017
Partners as a company is good

Management in my Department could need some management classes.

Only good thing about working here is the benefits
Partners Collaborative Media
Multimedia and Streaming Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2017
Partners Collaborative Media (PCM) supports Partners Healthcare, Partners' affiliates, and their patients.
Our goal is to harness technologies that bring the organization, it's clinicians and patients, closer together removing the barrier of distance.
Great Place
Security Analyst - Epic (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to learn and become exposed to complex and interesting cases. Opportunities to have patient contact as a non-clinician and to shadow physicians. Research coordinators have a lot of independence and amazing options to learn from some of the worlds best doctors and nurses.
Cons
Departments are very independent from each other and don't always communicate well--creating challenges for multi-disciplinary protocols and cases. There is not a set pathway to advance from a research coordinator to a research manager--creating career growth stagnation and frustration.
Advice to Management
Provide mid level opportunities for research coordinators that want to stay in research (instead of transitioning to medical/nursing school)
Great company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Great company, work life balance, benefits, coworkers, location and salary. Partners works very hard to provide top notch patient care and research.

One of the best places I have worked.
Great work life balance frustrating HR
Senior Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2017
Partners has great benefits. It is easy to create a good work life balance. Career advancement is very difficult. Working in research operations has great security, but there is little opportunity to move into other areas of the organization. Pay scale often feels stagnant. Significant increases only come with promotions which do not happen quickly. Career advancement can halt after a few years. There are few management opportunities. Moving to new positions in other departments outside of research is very difficult. I was able to complete grad school while working. The flexibility is great benefit.
Pros
Work life balance, good benefits
Cons
Little advancement opportunities, frustrating HR
productive fun work place
Temp job (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 8, 2017
Amazing company to work for, very understanding pleasant staff who make it a point to work with you and make sure you understand the job you are assigned to.
Stayed busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 5, 2017
I loved the job but the people I worked with made me hate it . They favorite who they like better . They don't treat you fair nor do that try to help and understand life .
Excellent organisation, good culture, greaty workspace
Information Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJanuary 2, 2017
Management needs to be checked and more clear on giving out contracts to ex employers instead should look for the best of the companies interest.
Easy timings, learned new technologies, management was good, co-workers were friendly.
Hardest part was the micro time management
Flexible work from home opportunities.
Pros
Good potential to grow and job stability. Opportunity to implement new technologies, harvard affiliation
Cons
mistakes, unplanned, prejudice, not appreciative
Interesting, variable responsibilities
Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MADecember 14, 2016
Worked with RNs and Physicians to improve and fix POE application. Management was great to work with because they tend to care what their employees are learning and doing. Partners breeds a team environment. The hardest part of the job was being on call, as I would be woken up in the middle of the night, several times.
Pros
Enhancing a Healthcare System
Cons
Driving to work
Certified Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 14, 2016
You choose your schedule both full-time & part-time. They offer a competitive pay rate, benefits and on-going trainings. Plus work available in Sharon and surrounding towns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partners HealthCare(PHS). Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval