Partners HealthCare at Home Employee Reviews

Decent company to work for, but they don't recognize the hard work of the smaller people
Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 29, 2015
Speaking on a large scale, this isn't a bad company to work for. I have job security and benefits and I don't mind coming to work. We have a new president that seems to be a fantastic person with a great attitude.

However, the bad things outweigh the good.
1. We haven't received a bonus in two years
2. The "smaller" people receive no recognition for the hard work that we do, and blame gets put on us for things that go wrong.
3. Only one 30 minute lunch break a day. No smaller breaks.
4. 2% annual raise comes out to about .30 cents.
5. No morale boosters, no parties or luncheons. If we do its a "potluck" and we have to bring in food/drinks, etc.
6. Work constantly gets piled on the same few people due to our skill & competence levels, but we all receive around the same low pay. They don't want to hire more help even though we really need it.
7. We are going up on a new system and were told we are not allowed to take any time off from May-July. And very limited time off in August and September
8. We don't get all holidays off.
9. We have to use our earned time if we are out, including for Christmas and New Years

Again, this hasn't been a bad job, but they really don't give us reasons to want to stay.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation, only one short lunch break
Care more about numbers
RN (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 30, 2014
Overall I liked working for Partners, but think it really depends on the supervisor. There is much talk about the Partners culture, but never truly explained. You either fit or you don't. There is no room for what you bring that is unique. Really they want cookie cutter appliance nurses.There is no support after classes. Clinical Managers unavailable, but it really depends on the manager. They treat travelers better than permanent employees.
Pros
amazing health insurance, pay medium range, good at keeping you in one area for most part, schedulers amazing, good orientation, preceptor program. procedures and cases you won't see. excellent chf program.
Cons
no short term disability. cerner, management out of touch, limited chronic disease management programs (chf only), limited mental health services, slow on implementing evidence based practice. staff overworked.
Mixed
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 26, 2015
The case mix, co-morbidities and complexity of patients is a wonderful mix. You learn a lot and are able to maximize skill sets.
Management is however not supportive of it's staff and many times employees must turn to each other for support for which should be provided through clinical leadership. Areas of teaching are scrutinized as opposed to being used as a teaching tool for employees which lead to low employee moral. Management is not focused on employee retention but on patient admission regardless to employee caseload. Quality of care and employee retention/satisfaction need to be better evaluated by Partners.
Pros
Different disease processes and abilityh to increase knowledge
Cons
Poor management support, no interest in clinicians who give excellent patient care
Wouldn't be looking for a new position if we weren't moving.
Intake Specialist / Clinical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 22, 2012
I have been extremely happy working for this company. Have advanced to different positions. We have recently been informed that half of the staff in the Framingham's office is being relocated to Waltham. The commute for me is at least and hour sometimes longer. Looking for a new position closer to home. I enjoy a challenging position with a lot of contact with clients and co-workers. Have a good repoire and relationship with management.
Pros
interaction with clients, workers and managers
Cons
the commute
I would leave my house at 630 every morning to go and cover my region which extended from Marblehead to Brockton out to Metro west on any given day .
Boston Mobile Liaison (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 21, 2012
Very nice people for the most part. This company is driven by numbers and doesnt focus much on the people whether it be clients or personel.
I learned alot about marketing,establishing professional relationships and communication is the key as well as a friendly , aprroachable dispositon
Pros
multiple areas to work
Cons
pooor management of staff, scheduling and communication was never secure
Bad management
ex employed (Former Employee) –  whalthamJuly 24, 2014
Worst company to work for I use to work there and the management sucks they don't care about their employees all they care is about exploring people with work load the supervisor sucks does not no how to talk to her employee's they treat u like crab and as far as the director and also they are not capable of hearing what the employee has to say.they go behind your back and talk about you think about it twice if u wish to work there.
Cons
no breaks u work like a slave
Worst company I ever worked for.
Insurence verification rep (Former Employee) –  Bevery,MassJanuary 28, 2014
Management does not care for their employees. They only care about numbers and the amount of money they can pull in. They frown on employees leaving at the end of their shift and cannot stay to get their job done. Work overload. I have seen employees work 10 to 12 hours a day.
benefits
Cons
bad management and work overload
Stimulating with family friendly hours
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 21, 2013
Very busy company and a very large company. Great co workers, and great benefits package. Very enjoyable to create lasting relationships with various hospital accounts. Difficult to commute to all facilites
benefits
Cons
commuting
A pretty good place to work for
Temp (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 28, 2015
Great job. I liked this job a lot. I was a Temp.
When your a Temp and you like this job a lot, Then they send you back to the Temp Agency when the work is all done.