Partners Healthcare Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to learn
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 24, 2015
Mostly into coding
Have learnt new frameworks like Angular js
Co-workers were really friendly and cooperation
Working with health care was always challenging and its complicated with peer pressure. I was accustomed to work under such circumstances which in turn gives me an opportunity to bring the best out of me.
Productive and nice enviroment
Patient Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMarch 14, 2013
run reports every morning and divide sections between other staffs; learned how to use CPSI; assist other staff members; the hardest part of the job is your never know what type of problems you have until your face with it. The most enjoyable part is that your always learning new things everyday.
Pros
free parking
Cons
sitting in traffic daily
Great Company to work for
Program Manager - Clinical Informatics (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2014
I moved from NY to Boston to join Partners. Do not regret any bit about my decision to make the move. Great company, Great leadership, Great people. Learnt a lot in these years.
Pros
you will learn how cutting edge healthcare initiatives are born
High intensity, deadline driven, and highly visible
Decision Support Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MADecember 25, 2014
The job requires a "lazer focus" on the task at hand. Must be able to think on your feet.
Pros
occasional lucheons during meetings
Cons
long commute
Leader in Healthcare Finance
Industrial Accidents Liaison (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MASeptember 17, 2014
Stong legacy systems and operation processes. I felt like I was working with a family. Great place for someone to begin a career in healthcare.
pay roll clerk
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2014
from 8 -5 your processing benefits and work compensation, then you handle reconcilation and processing of the weekly and montly checks, garnishments
A good lesson at abuse by an employer
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 16, 2015
Partners is a large entity which has lost sight on care. Employees are not valued what so ever. I worked there for almost 3 years and left less than a month before my anniversary. The benefits were decent but not enough to have me jeopardize me licensure. As a case manager you would sometimes have 10+ patients on your schedule and then they would still try to give you an admission. We could barely manage the patients on service but still they accepted several admissions per day. They have an "Always yes" policy. If you don't have the staff to take care of these people how can you always say yes? If a case manager has 35+ people on their case load who are seen 2+ times/week how can they be effectively case managed? The clinicians bring work home and get paid for 40 hours when in truth they are working 80+ hours. They then complain about paying out overtime if you try to bill for it. If documentation is not complete then your written. There is no middle ground. Your overworked, under paid and unappreciated. Managers are left to do what they want where staff is concerned. I had a manager who a totally different discipline who didn't know head from tails about the job but would criticize everyone when she felt. She was a poor clinical leader and the killed the team moral. Even when these issues were brought to management they did nothing. We were spoken to in a demeaning way and told if we don't like our jobs we can leave. And so the turn over rate sky rocketed. Management still didn't care and also had the 'if you don't like it leave' mentality. How can an entity with ANY vision  more... statement and i the line of business to take care of people abuse their staff?
I learned a valuable lesson from Partners Health Care and one I will never forget.
Look at the amount of openings and use of contracts/travelers and this will tell you a lot about a company.
Beware of this corporation.
Pros
Good health insurance package
Cons
Long hourse, not engough compensation for the amount of work that has to be done, Overloading clinicians with patients DAILY, high case loads, managers of different disciplines, managers with the "God" complex, bullying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partners Healthcare Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Partners Healthcare Systems Reviews by Location