Partners Healthcare

Partners Healthcare Employer Reviews

Professional and friendly work environment
Revenue Integrity Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 21, 2014
This job requires the ability to work with groups that have different agendas and help them achieve a common goal. It's a great place to work with new challenges all of the time.
Partners Healthcare
Application Analyst II (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, work/life balance
Cons: compensation, opportunity for advancement
Partners Healthcare is a great organization. It is a place that encourages learning and personal growth. However, it is very hard to move up the ladder.
Partners
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Medford, MAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: the benefits and hours
Cons: having to work during a state of emergency
This is a great company to work for, the job changes from day to day and the benefits are outstanding. All of the co-workers are willing to help you at any point in time and there is always someone available to answer your questions. The hardest part of the job is to not take your job home with you. For example if you have a patient who is going through – more... a difficult time, it can be difficult to let that go and not have it on your mind. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people and make their life a little bit easier by being there to answer their questions and guide them in the right direction. – less
Very busy, fast pace job
Third Party Reviewer/Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlestown, MAMay 29, 2014
Pros: benefits are very good
Cons: fast pace, required to touch 40 accounts a day even if systems are down
Runs and prepares reports for month end process
Processes rejections and performs rejection analyses
Creates, updates and documents information pertaining to the financial status of an account
Responsible for the review, follow up and resolution of outstanding accounts
Manages unit staff including work assignments, quality control, and training and – more... education.
Formulates department goals and prioritizes work in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department. – less
fast paced
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), newton, maMay 27, 2014
I was a field technician job was fast paced and you had to be self sufficient
Fast paced, intense inovative healthcare company
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 25, 2014
Learning a lot at this company through working with senior level professionals in the healthcare field. Very high standards in terms of quality of work and very fast timelines. Hardest part of this job is managing a work-life balance.
Wonderful, inspiring place to work with great compensation and benefits where hard work and accomplishments are rewarded
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 11, 2014
My job is to make sure my employer is on track and prepared for the day. Maintaining Outlook calendars, organizing meetings and events. Gathering and preparing materials for meetings. Prepare PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. Greeting and screening visitors and calls. All done with a high degree of professionalism and – more... confidentiality. Working throughout the day as a team and as an individual. The day is ever changing and I adapt well with those changes which requires a lot of multi-tasking, which keeps the job challenging and interesting. – less
Great work/life balance
Accountant (Current Employee), Charlestown, MAJanuary 21, 2014
Pay slightly below market
excellent benefits
great work/life balance
If I was to use one word to describe this internship experience; demanding.
Office Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 30, 2013
This was a great experience. I was able to see what it was like to work in the 9-5 corporate world, where demands are high and expectations are even higher. Partners Healthcare is one of the most prestigious non-profit integrated healthcare systems in the east coast.
Gained important experience in Healthcare Industry
Partners eCare Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 30, 2013
I was able to be part of a team responsible for starting a new business within Partners Healthcare.
Love the environment and people
Desktop Manager (Current Employee), Boston MADecember 10, 2013
Every day is a challenge and you learn something new each day.
Top notch
Applications Analyst (Ambulatory) (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 26, 2013
They treat their employees great and it is an honor to work for such a prestigious company.
Great place to work.
Mental Health Counselor/Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 11, 2013
Pros: culture, pay, benefits
Cons: can't think of any
Great place to work. Culture of excellence from top down. Each person there is felt like a member of the community and team. Good reason why it is the number 2 ranked hospital in the country. The benefits package is amazing. They give you monetary credits to assist with the cost of paying for health care.
Surprisingly poor
Remittance Processor 1 - Billing (Former Employee), Charlestown, MANovember 5, 2013
Pros: good hours, decent pay, decent company culture, hour long lunches
Cons: abysmal training, grouchy/negative/mouthy employees, management that does't want to deal with you for any reason what-so-ever, terrible parking situation, horribly micro-managed, rocket science level work without the matching wage
Partners Healthcare was the first healthcare/medical billing company I had ever worked. Upon interviewing for the position, I asked the supervisor if any medical billing experience was needed to do this job. I was led by the supervisor to believe that one could learn the position easily without previous medical billing knowledge. Sadly, this was not – more... the case. The training was absolutely abysmal, making the work nearly impossible to understand. The job felt like rocket science without the rocket science wage. The person whom trained me would constantly change the process of doing things making it impossible to get a real feel for anything. If that wasn't bad enough, the person training me did not speak clear English and my team lead and supervisor did not want to assist with anything. If I asked the team lead, supervisor or manager for assistance with something, they always sent me back to the person who trained me, the person who was the problem to begin with. If the person training me could not make me understand, they had me refer to a 200 page binder full of medical gibberish with no real examples to try and work from. On top of that, there is a sheet with 100s of denial codes, a lot of them being redundant. Good luck picking the right one. When I was faced with an invoice that was a certain type, there was no way of knowing it was that type. Upon confronting the person training me about this, they told me that, "I'd learn it over time," instead of giving me a clear explanation as to why it was what it was and why I was processing it a certain way. The employees were often barky/mouthy, taking up nasty tones with other employees over the smallest and most inconvenient of things. This created a rather hostile work environment. Also, the parking situation at the Schraff Center is terrible, good luck finding a spot. The only good things about this job were the benefits, time off and pay. Do not work here without medical history. – less
java developer
Java Developer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2013
• Over 6 years experience in IT industry in Software development with expertise in design development and deployment of Client/Server and distributed N-tier applications using Java/J2EE.
• Highly experienced in working with JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, JMS, JNDI and Design Patterns.
• Experienced in front end technologies like HTML, DHTML, Java Script, – more... JSTL, CSS, AJAX and XML technologies including XML, XPath, XSLT
• Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Hands on development working experience with Open source systems and in depth working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate and Struts frameworks.
• Excellent knowledge of implementing MVC architecture with frameworks like Jakarta Struts, Spring Framework.
• Experience in using JDBC and Hibernate for persisting data to different relational databases.
• Experience in working on various servers like Weblogic 10.3.4/9.0/7.1/6.1, IBM Websphere 6.0/5.x and Apache Tomcat.
• Worked with different IDEs like MyEclipse 7/8, Eclipse 3.x and JDeveloper
• Experience working with open source tools like Apache, ANT, Open Servers like Apache Tomcat.
• Worked on various database servers like Oracle, MS SQL SERVER, DB2, MYSQL, SYBASE and MS Access and Query languages like SQL, PL/SQL
• Good Knowledge in XML and related technologies like XSL, XSLT and parsers like JAXP (SAX, DOM) and JAXB.
• Expertise in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and experience in preparing the Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Modules and Test plans
• Thorough knowledge and experience of relational Databases like Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, SQL Server.
• Extensive knowledge in OOAD concepts of Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams and class diagrams using UML. Working knowledge of IBM Rational Rose and MS-Visio.
• Proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOAD) and Analysis.
• Good knowledge of testing concepts and working knowledge of JUnit.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and proactive problem solving approach with excellent leadership, interpersonal and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written (documentation) and verbal (presentation).
• Reliable, responsible, innovative and versatile team player; Can work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand the larger context of domain relevance and relate to overall application area. – less
It's fine
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlestown, MAOctober 23, 2013
Learned about healthcare system.
Room to grow

Knowledgeable place to work
Very professional and emplyee oriented organization
Masshealth/Health Safey Net Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlestown, MaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: employee oriented and various perks
Cons: very structured
A typical day includes consists of monitoring and reviewing staff productivity and standards along with feedback. Processing daily reports and responding to management requests for data and audits.
I have learned a great deal at Partners especially in the field of management.
My co-workers are all very easy to get along with and co-operative with requests
The – more... hardest part of my job is meeting repetetive deadlines while trying to perform my regular job functions
The most enjoyable part of my job is the close knit and supportive group that I work with – less
productive, innovative workplace.
Referral Relations Nurse Consultant (Former Employee), walthamOctober 4, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: extremely busy.. but thats ok
Hard work was rewarded.
excellent immediate manager
was able to develop my customer service and medical skills.
Good health care company
Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 15, 2013
A nice place to work. big corporation of health care services.
Fast paced, detail oriented
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: support from the supervisors to employees to achieve thier goal
• Processed and deposited monthly payments.
• Breaking Inpatient lockbox for Brigham Women’s and Mass General Hospital.
• Creating batch payment.
• Reconciling bank depository, general ledger.
• Posting payment on the system.
• Provided assistance for special projects including auditing, Physical inventory & Revenue.

About Partners Healthcare

Partners HealthCare, located in Boston, is an integrated health system founded by Brigham and Women`s Hospital and Massachusetts – Read more