Partners In Opportunities Employee Reviews

work
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 21, 2017
you work with people with mental disabilities. the disabilities varies. the management sucks. the clients are awesome. the management sucks. would look for other work.
Loved my clients ans staff
Home Guidance Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 12, 2017
The most rewarding job I could ask for.... Seeing that I was able to help my clients... When I needed time off the company was very understandable... Communication was sufficient
An alright place
Support Partner (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 10, 2016
Partners is a company who cares about those higher up. They do not put their employees first and do not offer good pay. You can get a lot of hours but that is about it.
Pros
hours
Cons
bad pay, pushed to do more than someone can
home care
Support Partner (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 4, 2016
I loved working for partners. They offered overtime all of the time. A great job to have if you love dealing with people. I think anyone can do this job honestly. Great company to work for
Enjoyable day at work
direct care (Former Employee) –  warsaw ,inAugust 4, 2015
I didnt really have a typical night with my client.Every night was full of different things and learning new things.There was a basic routine that we went by and stuff that needed to get done.But there was always new things that i learned from my client.Just listening to him and seeing the smile on his face while he talked .
My co-workers were great.We all worked together as a family .
Suppoert Partner
Home Guidance Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend INMay 27, 2015
This position is fun.

It's relaxed and it's what you make it.

As a SP I was usually on the go with my clients to make the day go faster.
Pros
going into the community
Cons
The company
Productive and fun place to work
Scheduler/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 29, 2014
The management is superb. They are real human beings who understand the needs of their woerkers.
Pros
A chance to learn about individuals with various diabilities
Horribly disorganized company
Support Partner (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 30, 2014
This is not a company you want work for. They are horribly disorganized and if you aren't careful, it could cause unnecessary repercussions for you like suspensions and getting stuck at work. The pay is awful, and they will cut your pay without notice if deemed efficient for them.
assist individuals
Support Partner (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 9, 2014
partners in opportunities helps the mildly mentally be able live on their own with the help of others to assist them in their every day needs.
Pros
helping people live their lives
Very good place to work
Support Partner (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJanuary 16, 2014
I was an in home help aid, known as an support partner at this company. On a typical day at work I would assist my client with daily independent living skills. I aslo administrated meds, managed funds, grocery shopped, took client to any appointment or doctor visits and varies other task.
Had an awesome supervisor
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 16, 2014
I worked there a year and a half had the most awesome boss.I enjoyed my job till my boss got promoted to a Q than all hell broke loose The Q that stepped in for her was old as dirt and wanted new employee is the house I worked was forced to quit.For those of you that worked at pio you know who am talking about I did find that with those Q postion also come liars enuff said
Pros
Awesome boss
Cons
If you just are a warm body def apply
poor upper management
Support Partner (Former Employee) –  Michigan cityDecember 28, 2013
I enjoyed working with people with disabilities but the management here was terrible. The turn over rate was really high for staff and management. You never knew who the supervisor would be the next week. Sometimes it would also be a dangerous situation when the behaviors would escalate and there would be no management to help and not enough staff.
Pros
rewarding to work with people with disabilities
Cons
poor management
A typical day at PIO is very busy. One is always a teacher to clients and staff. I demenstrated leadership abilities by being open, a team player.
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Oscelo, IndianaDecember 2, 2013
The hardest part of this job was finding the right person to fit with the clients, being a team player and doing the job they was hired to complete.
house manager
HGM (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 3, 2013
Typical day assisting clients in ADL's . Supervisor duties were learned. Management could use some guidance. Hard part was when clients severe behavioral moments. Best part was taking care of them and guiding them out of behavioral moments.
Pros
creating own schdule
Cons
no breaks
Fun Workplace working with others
Caregiver/Support Staff (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 27, 2012
Go in and begin the day working with the individuals making sure their day goes as productive and fun as I can. I loved taking my clients on trips to the mall, festivals, gym, etc. I usually had between 1-3 coworkers and we all worked together to make sure our clients were satisfied and happy. I made sure my client kept a healthy meal and had their meds on time. I learned helping others can be a great blessing!
Pros
you could eat whenever you wanted and could take the individuals to exciting places.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Partners In Opportunities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8