Partners In Opportunities

Partners In Opportunities Employer Reviews

assist individuals
Support Partner (Former Employee), South Bend, INMarch 9, 2014
Pros: helping people live their lives
partners in opportunities helps the mildly mentally be able live on their own with the help of others to assist them in their every day needs.
Very good place to work
Support Partner (Former Employee), Michigan City, INJanuary 16, 2014
I was an in home help aid, known as an support partner at this company. On a typical day at work I would assist my client with daily independent living skills. I aslo administrated meds, managed funds, grocery shopped, took client to any appointment or doctor visits and varies other task.
Had an awesome supervisor
Babysitter (Former Employee), IowaJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: awesome boss
Cons: if you just are a warm body def apply
I worked there a year and a half had the most awesome boss.I enjoyed my job till my boss got promoted to a Q than all hell broke loose The Q that stepped in for her was old as dirt and wanted new employee is the house I worked was forced to quit.For those of you that worked at pio you know who am talking about I did find that with those Q postion also – more... come liars enuff said – less
poor upper management
Support Partner (Former Employee), Michigan cityDecember 28, 2013
Pros: rewarding to work with people with disabilities
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed working with people with disabilities but the management here was terrible. The turn over rate was really high for staff and management. You never knew who the supervisor would be the next week. Sometimes it would also be a dangerous situation when the behaviors would escalate and there would be no management to help and not enough staff.
A typical day at PIO is very busy. One is always a teacher to clients and staff. I demenstrated leadership abilities by being open, a team player.
House Manager (Former Employee), Oscelo, IndianaDecember 2, 2013
The hardest part of this job was finding the right person to fit with the clients, being a team player and doing the job they was hired to complete.
house manager
HGM (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: creating own schdule
Cons: no breaks
Typical day assisting clients in ADL's . Supervisor duties were learned. Management could use some guidance. Hard part was when clients severe behavioral moments. Best part was taking care of them and guiding them out of behavioral moments.
Fun Workplace working with others
Caregiver/Support Staff (Former Employee), South Bend, INSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: you could eat whenever you wanted and could take the individuals to exciting places.
Go in and begin the day working with the individuals making sure their day goes as productive and fun as I can. I loved taking my clients on trips to the mall, festivals, gym, etc. I usually had between 1-3 coworkers and we all worked together to make sure our clients were satisfied and happy. I made sure my client kept a healthy meal and had their – more... meds on time. I learned helping others can be a great blessing! – less