Partnership for Community Action Employee Reviews in United States

A professional and respectful place to work.
Intake Assessor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 3, 2016
A work environment where you actually felt you made a difference.
Its a place where you can actually make a person, or a family leave with a smile, knowing things will get better.
Pros
Professional and respectful
fun environment
Assistant Teacher Floater (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMarch 3, 2016
easy going,no hassles. i enjoy coming to work everyday. Not too many agencies you can say that about. The administrative satff is also very helpful and my co workers are awesome. The best part is, the job isn't stressful at all. when I leave everyday Im aable to leave with a peace of mind.
Fun Workplace
Family Engagement Advocate (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GADecember 21, 2015
I enjoy working with the families and their children however the job is 90% clerical and I do not get to work with my families as much as I would like due to the paperwork. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians at this company. The job of the advocate is really four jobs in one and to me this hinders my ability to be able to provide the service I am there to provide for my families.
Pros
vacation and sick time accrual
Cons
pay is way too low
Intake & Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 18, 2016
I enjoy this job. I have no problem with this job.
Great way to help people. Meet some nice people. Good working hours. Love going to work. Outstanding.
Productive, rewarding and self-satisfying place to work if serving others is a passion of yours.
Acting Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 4, 2014
Partnership for Community Action, Inc (PCA) s a Non-For Profit Organization is a productive and okay place to work where ensuring that our client needs are met is of utmost importance. With the intent to lead low-income families to become self-sufficient. PCA will go above and beyond to assist in every way possible when needed. Working at PCA can be good for someone who has the opportunity to advance in his or her career.
Pros
birthday is time off, and is celebrated occasionally per department, benefits are great which include two 15 minutes breaks separate from ones lunch break.
Cons
accumulated vacation time is lost if not used.
active, informative, employee friendly
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 28, 2015
This organization affords employees opportunites to understand the impact of the intake process. No one person knows everything and employees rely on seasoned workers, management and avalaible resuorces to arive at a correct and thoughtful response to any inquires.

At the end of the day it is a good feeling to know that you make a tangable differences in the lives of applicants in need of help.
Cons
seasonal position
Helping those in need fills the heart
Intake Specialist- LIHEAP Program (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAMay 2, 2012
Going home everyday knowing you have made a difference in the lives of families is a great feeling. The hardest part of this job was having to turn away clients when they didn't meet the eligibility requirements but clearly needed the assistance. I loved meeting new families, and seeing the elderly clients return each program year. Management of the program changed hands a few times which made it difficult to adequately service the client without confusion and delay.
Pros
making a difference
Cons
seasonal position, no benefits
Dekalb EOA
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 4, 2015
Great company to work for. Worked with children 6 weeks to 5 years old. I was dedicated to the creation and nurturing of a lifelong passion for childcare that will enhance children’s Well-being and directly impact their academic growth and success.
Seasonal Worker
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GASeptember 3, 2013
As a seasonal worker you go where they tell you. The days are somewhat long and tedious. Lots of paperwork and calming clients. Trying to complete reports for management as fast as possible.
Pros
crew, easy transportation
Cons
healthcare, long hours little pay
Productive and Rewarding place to work!
Intake/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 3, 2013
Partnership for Community Action is a Non-Profit Organization that assists the community with different things such as, Food, Daycare, Rent, Mortgage, Utility Bills, Weatherizing homes, Entrepreneur classes, etc.

I was first introduce to PCA in 2010, I went into the office hoping to get assistance with my light bill, through their LIHEAP program for low income families. Not only did I receive $350.00 on my light bill, I also receive an invention to come back for an job interview. I gladly accepted and became an seasonal employee with the same program that Blessed me. I was now able to help return the Blessings to the community. The employees and Supervisor was all so fun to work with. I was Blessed to be able to work with them for 3 additions seasons.
Pros
servicing the community
Cons
liheap (seasonal position)
Productive and fun.
Customer Service/Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Assisting with applications for heating bills. Learned to communicate effectively and problems solve with the clients. My co-workers are great and supportive to work with. The hardest part is the lay off and not seeing the clients til the next season year. The most enjoyable part is getting to know and helping the clients as well as listening to their stories.
Pros
travel
Cons
layoffs
Productive, and safe environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day at work is fun and exciting.
What I learned is to be patient.
Management is supportive.
My co-workers are hard workers.
The hardest part of the job teaching and dealing with non English speaking children and parents.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be apart of children's educational endeavors.
Pros
teaching and watching kids learn
Cons
short breaks and not enough computers
What it taught me
Intake Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJuly 3, 2013
Working a Actions was my first job ever. This job gave me great outlook on how to deal with people in the business world. This job took me being able to communicate with a lot of different people. It also pushed my customer service skills to a new level in how to be nice even when the client is not. I had to communicate with people clearly in person and over the phone. I learned how to take calls and take accurate messages and leave them. This job also gave me an opportunity to enhance my computer skills and to type in a timely manner.
Community Action Agency
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, GAJuly 26, 2012
Easy going, workload to heavy, management need assistant in understanding the day to operations of the program. Co-workers are hardworking. Under paid for the work conducted. Enjoyable part are the clients you serve.
Pros
easy work enviroment
Cons
to many challenges
Cultural Diversity and Families are exciting and interesting,especially the children!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, GANovember 5, 2013
This non-profit organization is a great place for adults/staff to work with children and their families!
Pros
caters to the needs of the community as a whole.
Cons
limited transportation for children and families to and from the center
Contractor
Policy/ Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, GAApril 23, 2013
I was a contractor. Therefore, I was not privy to the inter working of the company. Overall ok place
Average
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  clarkston, gaFebruary 18, 2014
Partnership for community action was very ghetto. The teachers has red, purple, blue hair.