Partnership Healthplan of California

Partnership Healthplan of California United States Employee Reviews

Production of pending claims.
Temporary Claims Examiner I (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 23, 2015
A production department and must meet quantity with quality of completed claims. Employees are hard working and comply to privacy standards.
Friendly company, Strives for excellent customer service
Provider Education Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Employee Benefits
Cons: Staff Development
Partnership strives to be the best in the industry by providing excellent customer service to their external customers.
Productive and comfortable
DATA COORDINATOR (Current Employee), May, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: average work hours
Independent work load to get done at at timely manner. Team support always available. Learning experience everyday. Learning aspects of health care on the insurance side. All co-workers come in with positive attitudes and welcome all new employees. Management is always available for questions or concerns. The hardest part of my job would be occasionally the complicated phone calls being received and when the systems go down. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving each day knowing I am apart of a wonderful job culture I will carry throughout my career.
Production shop with terrible leaders
Manager of Claims (Former Employee), SuisunDecember 3, 2014
Pros: most staff are nice if they are not a part of the old regime, nice gym
Cons: claims production standards are unrealistic, leadership needs to retire, dont trust hr they are not competent.
I have never seen such an poorly managed business that has kept incompetent leadership group intact from its beginnings. They DO NOT embrace new ideas and get rid of anyone that challenges their mindset.

The leadership is beyond bad and HR is totally a joke. Dont expect them to know labor law...they are too busy pushing out the next party.

It is sad to say that this was one of the most disappointing jobs of my life.
Dreadful work, dreary environment and the absolute worst HR dept I've ever seen!
Generalist (Former Employee), FairfieldOctober 10, 2014
Pros: gym on-site
Cons: the hr department; the location; clueless management
If you are a member of PHC (meaning you get MediCal from the state), then you are in good hands here.

But... if you are an employee of this mom & pop shop, run, run, RUN as fast as you can.

Upper management cares more about the "most important holiday on the calendar" than they do about training their staff. (What holiday is that? Halloween. For some strange reason, upper management thinks making a big thing about Halloween will make all of the awful days at work seem somehow better).

Absolutely NO training for staff. Most people use Microsoft Office throughout the day and don't even know how to use it. Secretaries and receptionists send out executive emails so you never know whether the information is important or not.

For some reason, management built a walking path along side the giant 680 Freeway and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Inhaling those fumes, having ticks fall on your head, all so you can walk outside for your good health. Clueless!

They hired me because I was an expert at what I did. When I tried to do my job, I was told not to and just deliver some stupid little projects that benefited nobody.

I've never seen a cluster-mess like Partnership Healthplan of California. Never.
You will learn a lot working here.
Claims Specialist, CCS (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 23, 2014
Good company to work for, but not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Great place to work with good people, and wonderful opportunity to advance.
Medical Billing Volunteer (Intern to Volunteer) (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: phc is a large company with many opportunities to grow within and advance in the company.
Cons: n/a
I completed my internship at PHC and stayed on as a volunteer in the claims department. I have coded multipule doctors offices medical records using ICD-9-codes. Scanned completed records, reviewed and verified scanned documents, and sorted medical claims forms to ensure accuracy and organization.
I enjoyed working with the other employees and management. I would like to become a full time employee with PHC if an opening where availble.
Sad to say this company is full of favoritism
wrong place wrong time (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: managers & favoratizim, retaliation, hr department
I worked for this company for many yrs and watched people who had been there for many years get pushed aside while employees who had just started move to higher positions. Quite sad that this company no longer is all about the employees. They fire people left and right for having personal issues that are beyond anyone's control while keeping employees who have been caught & tested for drinking & doing drugs at work. These same people came back from their 90 day punishment of counseling, and where given promotions and raises within the week. What kind of company does that? Fires the hard working employees and gives promotions & raises & keeps the ones who drink & do drugs at work. Specially a company who is suppose to be about the people. The HR department is the worst, employees get scared of confiding in HR 1. they do absolutely NOTHING, & 2 if they do decided to do something it more then likely will be nothing but a stab in the back and retaliation against you, whether it be glares or mocking.
To obtain a challenging position with a growing company utilizing my extensive analytical and organizational skills.
Claims Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 8, 2013
Skills:
Knowledge of computer repair and networking,
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both language English and Spanish
Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills in a fast past environment
Experience in communications, and problem solving, Knowledge in over all office equipment
Outstanding with computer, Windows, Excel, Word Processing, DOS, Dashboards, Citrix, Outlook, Niakwa, CareMC, Ivos,
Highly experienced in the Medical insurance field (with CPT, ICD9) CPR licensed.
Fast learner, adapt quickly to change and new environments.
Able to work in a stressful environment and provide excellent customer service
Research skills, with dedication, clear communication.
Exceptional rate of productivity, accuracy and efficiency
Well organized and proficient with details
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Computer & Administration: Utilize Windows-based PC’s with various software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
Fun place to work at with strong mission!
Health Care Guide (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAOctober 28, 2012
Pros: great job culture
Cons: poor training
Customer/Member focused.
Typical case load 30-50 members
Management is hard to get a hold of due to multiple meetings
Coworkers are fine.

About Partnership Healthplan of California

PHC is a managed care organization that contracts with the State of California to ensure that Medi-Cal recipients in Solano, Yolo, – Read more