Partnership Healthplan of California

Partnership Healthplan of California Employee Reviews

Different culture
Quality Improvement Project Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 4, 2016
The hardest part of the job was there wasn't any public contact. The work which was submitted to the Department of Healthcare Services was challenging to learn.
Fast changing company
Claims Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Fast paced, rapid change and growth. I learned how to be an effective and respected team leader. Managed multiple staff, handled escalated provider issues and worked closely with other departments and health care organizations, provided training and guidance. Management displays favoritism and no respect for the family/work balance needed. Some executive leaders are tyrants and show no desire to learn what their line staff does every day.
Diverse company with excellent benefits and friendly atmosphere
Claims Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 13, 2015
My typical day involved answering provider phone calls regarding claim status, claim adjustments and claim appeals. The supervisors were professional and the co-workers available to assist when questions arose.
Pros
Work Out Gym on 3rd floor
Great working envrionment
Pharmacy Technician I (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 22, 2015
Really enjoy employment. Great company with great benefits. Everyone is involved to help get the work load done. Management is easily accessible and great at helping where help is needed.
Production of pending claims.
Temporary Claims Examiner I (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 23, 2015
A production department and must meet quantity with quality of completed claims. Employees are hard working and comply to privacy standards.
Productive and comfortable
DATA COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  May, CADecember 28, 2014
Independent work load to get done at at timely manner. Team support always available. Learning experience everyday. Learning aspects of health care on the insurance side. All co-workers come in with positive attitudes and welcome all new employees. Management is always available for questions or concerns. The hardest part of my job would be occasionally the complicated phone calls being received and when the systems go down. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving each day knowing I am apart of a wonderful job culture I will carry throughout my career.
Benefits
Cons
Average work hours
Production shop with terrible leaders
Manager of Claims (Former Employee) –  SuisunDecember 3, 2014
I have never seen such an poorly managed business that has kept incompetent leadership group intact from its beginnings. They DO NOT embrace new ideas and get rid of anyone that challenges their mindset.

The leadership is beyond bad and HR is totally a joke. Dont expect them to know labor law...they are too busy pushing out the next party.

It is sad to say that this was one of the most disappointing jobs of my life.
Pros
most staff are nice if they are not a part of the old regime, nice gym
Cons
Claims production standards are unrealistic, leadership needs to retire, dont trust HR they are not competent.
Dreadful work, dreary environment and the absolute worst HR dept I've ever seen!
Generalist (Former Employee) –  FairfieldOctober 10, 2014
If you are a member of PHC (meaning you get MediCal from the state), then you are in good hands here.

But... if you are an employee of this mom & pop shop, run, run, RUN as fast as you can.

Upper management cares more about the "most important holiday on the calendar" than they do about training their staff. (What holiday is that? Halloween. For some strange reason, upper management thinks making a big thing about Halloween will make all of the awful days at work seem somehow better).

Absolutely NO training for staff. Most people use Microsoft Office throughout the day and don't even know how to use it. Secretaries and receptionists send out executive emails so you never know whether the information is important or not.

For some reason, management built a walking path along side the giant 680 Freeway and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Inhaling those fumes, having ticks fall on your head, all so you can walk outside for your good health. Clueless!

They hired me because I was an expert at what I did. When I tried to do my job, I was told not to and just deliver some stupid little projects that benefited nobody.

I've never seen a cluster-mess like Partnership Healthplan of California. Never.
Pros
Gym on-site
Cons
The HR department; the location; clueless management
You will learn a lot working here.
Claims Specialist, CCS (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 23, 2014
Good company to work for, but not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Productive workplace
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 5, 2014
A typical day at work begins with collecting the oldest claims to be processed first. They were usually assigned to me at the end of the previous day. I'd go to my locked drawer and collect them. Two monitors were opened at my cubicle; one for processing, one for research. Any questions I had were taken or emailed to the proper person, my auditor or trainer. I would start with the oldest claims first, processing those, and any claim types that had a large volume. I knew how to process every claim type, so there were few questions. Processed claims until breaks, and continue to do so afterwards. If anything was rerouted to me from another department, those would take priority because most likely they were older than the claims on my desk. At the end of the day, my incomplete work went back into a locked drawer (HIPAA reasons) and I would clock out.

In this particular job I learned HCPC and ICD9 codes, how to manually price based on various rates, how to apply other insurance payments to our payments, how to prioritize claims, where to send for what research, and how to manually enter these claims. When I started at the company, we manually entered them. When I left, the claims were automatically loaded into the system and I would process from there.

Management was constantly changing. I worked in a very small veteran unit of processors. When management and supervisors changed, we still got the work done. Coworkers were great people to work with. Our unit worked very well together.

The hardest part of the job was the constant pressure to produce more, and
  more... to pay or deny (correctly) as many claims as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was where I could listen to my music player with headphones. I knew my job well enough that I didn't have to leave my desk often, and to keep my focus, I'd listen to music. All I did was process, there were no phones on my desk to answer. I could focus entirely on work and tune out the office noise and distractions.
Pros
On occasion we would have company sponsored free lunches, department sponsored games to improve morale.
Cons
Extreme pressure for production, office politics.
Sad to say this company is full of favoritism
wrong place wrong time (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 12, 2013
I worked for this company for many yrs and watched people who had been there for many years get pushed aside while employees who had just started move to higher positions. Quite sad that this company no longer is all about the employees. They fire people left and right for having personal issues that are beyond anyone's control while keeping employees who have been caught & tested for drinking & doing drugs at work. These same people came back from their 90 day punishment of counseling, and where given promotions and raises within the week. What kind of company does that? Fires the hard working employees and gives promotions & raises & keeps the ones who drink & do drugs at work. Specially a company who is suppose to be about the people. The HR department is the worst, employees get scared of confiding in HR 1. they do absolutely NOTHING, & 2 if they do decided to do something it more then likely will be nothing but a stab in the back and retaliation against you, whether it be glares or mocking.
benefits
Cons
managers & favoratizim, retaliation, HR department
To obtain a challenging position with a growing company utilizing my extensive analytical and organizational skills.
Claims Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 8, 2013
Skills:
Knowledge of computer repair and networking,
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both language English and Spanish
Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills in a fast past environment
Experience in communications, and problem solving, Knowledge in over all office equipment
Outstanding with computer, Windows, Excel, Word Processing, DOS, Dashboards, Citrix, Outlook, Niakwa, CareMC, Ivos,
Highly experienced in the Medical insurance field (with CPT, ICD9) CPR licensed.
Fast learner, adapt quickly to change and new environments.
Able to work in a stressful environment and provide excellent customer service
Research skills, with dedication, clear communication.
Exceptional rate of productivity, accuracy and efficiency
Well organized and proficient with details
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Computer & Administration: Utilize Windows-based PC’s with various software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
Fun place to work at with strong mission!
Health Care Guide (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 28, 2012
Customer/Member focused.
Typical case load 30-50 members
Management is hard to get a hold of due to multiple meetings
Coworkers are fine.
Pros
great job culture
Cons
poor training

2.7