Partnership Healthplan of California

Partnership Healthplan of California Employer Reviews

Production shop with terrible leaders
Manager of Claims (Former Employee), SuisunDecember 3, 2014
Pros: most staff are nice if they are not a part of the old regime, nice gym
Cons: claims production standards are unrealistic, leadership needs to retire, dont trust hr they are not competent.
I have never seen such an poorly managed business that has kept incompetent leadership group intact from its beginnings. They DO NOT embrace new ideas and get rid of anyone that challenges their mindset.

The leadership is beyond bad and HR is totally a joke. Dont expect them to know labor law...they are too busy pushing out the next party.

It is sad – more... to say that this was one of the most disappointing jobs of my life. – less
Dreadful work, dreary environment and the absolute worst HR dept I've ever seen!
Generalist (Former Employee), FairfieldOctober 10, 2014
Pros: gym on-site
Cons: the hr department; the location; clueless management
If you are a member of PHC (meaning you get MediCal from the state), then you are in good hands here.

But... if you are an employee of this mom & pop shop, run, run, RUN as fast as you can.

Upper management cares more about the "most important holiday on the calendar" than they do about training their staff. (What holiday is that? Halloween. For some – more... strange reason, upper management thinks making a big thing about Halloween will make all of the awful days at work seem somehow better).

Absolutely NO training for staff. Most people use Microsoft Office throughout the day and don't even know how to use it. Secretaries and receptionists send out executive emails so you never know whether the information is important or not.

For some reason, management built a walking path along side the giant 680 Freeway and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Inhaling those fumes, having ticks fall on your head, all so you can walk outside for your good health. Clueless!

They hired me because I was an expert at what I did. When I tried to do my job, I was told not to and just deliver some stupid little projects that benefited nobody.

I've never seen a cluster-mess like Partnership Healthplan of California. Never. – less
You will learn a lot working here.
Claims Specialist, CCS (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 23, 2014
Good company to work for, but not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Productive workplace
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: on occasion we would have company sponsored free lunches, department sponsored games to improve morale.
Cons: extreme pressure for production, office politics.
A typical day at work begins with collecting the oldest claims to be processed first. They were usually assigned to me at the end of the previous day. I'd go to my locked drawer and collect them. Two monitors were opened at my cubicle; one for processing, one for research. Any questions I had were taken or emailed to the proper person, my auditor or – more... trainer. I would start with the oldest claims first, processing those, and any claim types that had a large volume. I knew how to process every claim type, so there were few questions. Processed claims until breaks, and continue to do so afterwards. If anything was rerouted to me from another department, those would take priority because most likely they were older than the claims on my desk. At the end of the day, my incomplete work went back into a locked drawer (HIPAA reasons) and I would clock out.

In this particular job I learned HCPC and ICD9 codes, how to manually price based on various rates, how to apply other insurance payments to our payments, how to prioritize claims, where to send for what research, and how to manually enter these claims. When I started at the company, we manually entered them. When I left, the claims were automatically loaded into the system and I would process from there.

Management was constantly changing. I worked in a very small veteran unit of processors. When management and supervisors changed, we still got the work done. Coworkers were great people to work with. Our unit worked very well together.

The hardest part of the job was the constant pressure to produce more, and to pay or deny (correctly) as many claims as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was where I could listen to my music player with headphones. I knew my job well enough that I didn't have to leave my desk often, and to keep my focus, I'd listen to music. All I did was process, there were no phones on my desk to answer. I could focus entirely on work and tune out the office noise and distractions. – less
Productive and Fun workplace
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 10, 2013
An amazing organization to work at. I am working as Business systems analyst in this company. Some of the daily jobs are:
1) Requirement Gathering( Creating BRDs and other related specs.)
2) Manual testing and bug reporting
3) Provide Technical support to internal and external web application users.
4) Conduct one to one meetings and JAD sessions for – more... requirement gathering. – less
Great place to work with good people, and wonderful opportunity to advance.
Medical Billing Volunteer (Intern to Volunteer) (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: phc is a large company with many opportunities to grow within and advance in the company.
Cons: n/a
I completed my internship at PHC and stayed on as a volunteer in the claims department. I have coded multipule doctors offices medical records using ICD-9-codes. Scanned completed records, reviewed and verified scanned documents, and sorted medical claims forms to ensure accuracy and organization.
I enjoyed working with the other employees and management. – more... I would like to become a full time employee with PHC if an opening where availble. – less
To obtain a challenging position with a growing company utilizing my extensive analytical and organizational skills.
Claims Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 8, 2013
Skills:
Knowledge of computer repair and networking,
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both language English and Spanish
Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills in a fast past environment
Experience in communications, and problem solving, Knowledge in over all office equipment
Outstanding with computer, Windows, Excel, – more... Word Processing, DOS, Dashboards, Citrix, Outlook, Niakwa, CareMC, Ivos,
Highly experienced in the Medical insurance field (with CPT, ICD9) CPR licensed.
Fast learner, adapt quickly to change and new environments.
Able to work in a stressful environment and provide excellent customer service
Research skills, with dedication, clear communication.
Exceptional rate of productivity, accuracy and efficiency
Well organized and proficient with details
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Computer & Administration: Utilize Windows-based PC’s with various software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook – less
Fun place to work at with strong mission!
Health Care Guide (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAOctober 28, 2012
Pros: great job culture
Cons: poor training
Customer/Member focused.
Typical case load 30-50 members
Management is hard to get a hold of due to multiple meetings
Coworkers are fine.